Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions (6297 Views)

North Will Never Discover Oil In Chad Basin – Shehu Sani / North Will Reject Buhari, APC In 2019 —iwuanyanwu / Abdulsalami - The North Will Recover In 20 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by arewaqueen: 9:11am On Jul 15, 2014
Hello Everyone

I hope we are all doing well and for our muslim brothers and sisters RAMADAN MUBARAK. May God Fulfill all our heart desires and grant Nigeria ever lasting peace, Amen!

For a very long time I have not commented on nairaland because I find this forum foiling disunity and further driving a wedge between our regions and religions. I thought Nairaland was a place where all Nigerians regardless of Region, ethnicity, religion and political affiliation, would exchange ideas, build lasting relationships and further cement our very fragile unity. As a Nigerian, I should be proud to refer any non-nigerian to this forum but I cant because all we do is blame each other.

I also have noticed that theres alot of negativity when it comes to issues concerning the North. The North especially the Hausa/ Fulanis are presently being stigmatized and all efforts to humiliate by the sections of the country.

Am a Nigerian who is from the North but also has blood links with the South so I try my best to be neutral and from comments on this forum I understand there are many misconception about the North and the people especially (Hausa/ Fulani).

I believe in every place and in every religion there are bad eggs and I believe we have more of good than bad in Nigeria.

Having said all that , I am here to answer and clear some misconceptions about the North. I employ us to engage in healthy conversation. Decorum and civility should be in our discussion.

I don't have the monopoly over knowledge so I will appreciate if some of my sisters and brothers help in answering some of the questions.

Always remember that we only have Nigeria and a troubled nation can never give birth to a peaceful nation. One Nigeria is what we have, so my people lets make our diversity our strength.

PLEASE NO ETHNIC OR RELIGIOUS BASHING.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 15, 2014
Front page ko, front page ni!

1 Like

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by arewaqueen: 9:37am On Jul 15, 2014
topelouis: Front page ko, front page ni!

it might not get to Frontpage because majority of people prefer ethnic and religious bashing topics. Unfortunately I dont subscribe to that
Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by owobokiri(m): 9:51am On Jul 15, 2014
Are the Hausas comfortable with the undiluted fulani cultural/political/religious domination of the Hausas which came into place after the fulani decimation and annihilation of Hausa kingdoms hundreds of years back? I ask this question because apart from fronting a constant frown, the Hausas sem to have accepted fulani lordship as a perpetual reality from God. Am I wrong ma'am?

8 Likes

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by samoks(m): 9:57am On Jul 15, 2014
Why is the North so head-bent on reclaiming power after so many years of leading Nigeria astray?

Why is it that the North find it difficult to develop their own natural resources which are in abundance?

Why is the North afraid of resource control?

Why do the North descend on innocent southerners whenever things don't go their way?

6 Likes

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by Ohjerry: 10:13am On Jul 15, 2014
samoks: Why is the North so head-bent on reclaiming power after so many years of leading Nigeria astray?

Why is it that the North find it difficult to develop their own natural resources which are in abundance?

Why do the North descend on innocent southerners whenever things don't go their way?

Are there not numerous notable northerners working for GEJ second term bid? The latest being Amodu Sheriff? So why generalise?

1 Like

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by Hadone(m): 10:33am On Jul 15, 2014
true
Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by ITbomb(m): 10:37am On Jul 15, 2014
Why are Northerners terrorists?

6 Likes

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by rash47(m): 10:57am On Jul 15, 2014
How do you arrive @ ur user name?

2 Likes

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by fnep2smooth(m): 11:11am On Jul 15, 2014
samoks: Why is the North so head-bent on reclaiming power after so many years of leading Nigeria astray?

they are very lazy and they depend on free food. Thats why there leaders are using their head. They were in power from the creation of nigeria, they hold public offices from day one. But they use it to enrich themselves not knowing that kama is a bit(h.
Developing there state and region was never there intention even to the extent that you bearly see them in school.
Shame on there past leader cos they are the people who put them in this current hardship. When they should have use the chance they have then to turn that dessert area to africa dubai

3 Likes

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by arewaqueen: 11:35am On Jul 15, 2014
owobokiri: Are the Hausas comfortable with the undiluted fulani cultural/political/religious domination of the Hausas which came into place after the fulani decimation and annihilation of Hausa kingdoms hundreds of years back? I ask this question because apart from fronting a constant frown, the Hausas sem to have accepted fulani lordship as a perpetual reality from God. Am I wrong ma'am?

I believe the conquest happened some 100 years ago and some kingdoms revolted against it. As a result of inter marriage, religion and common culture both parties are okay with the status quo.

And I believe both parties have dominated each other. For example, the hausa language and culture is more dominant than Fulani in most northern states

2 Likes

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by arewaqueen: 11:39am On Jul 15, 2014
rash47: How do you arrive @ ur user name?

Interesting question. I chose this name because am a northerner and female. So when I comment people will understand the average cosmopolitan northern woman of Hausa/ Fulani extract

1 Like

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by arewaqueen: 11:56am On Jul 15, 2014
fnep2smooth:
they are very lazy and they depend on free food. Thats why there leaders are using their head. They were in power from the creation of nigeria, they hold public offices from day one. But they use it to enrich themselves not knowing that kama is a bit(h.
Developing there state and region was never there intention even to the extent that you bearly see them in school.
Shame on there past leader cos they are the people who put them in this current hardship. When they should have use the chance they have then to turn that dessert area to africa dubai

I don't agree with most of your statements. There is poverty in the north because of the Colonial Policy not to educate Northerners so as not produce Muslim progressives like in India & Pakistan (Its open knowledge) thats why we are some years behind. Education is one of the ways out of poverty. Lazy and depend on free food? Do you know why? Because an average northerner is generous as the predominant religion in the North enjoins giving voluntary and the compulsory annual zakat (1/40 of your savings) which is suppose to eliminate poverty if its done well. Imagine the likes of Dangote giving 1/40 of their annual earnings to prospective entrepreneurs , that will reduce poverty by 50% in 10-20 yrs but some of them prefer to give chicken change so as to remain in control and satisfy their ego. As a result of this some of them became lazy and feel they dont have to work after all the religion preaches that and they feel its their birthright. Am also not exonerating the so called Northern leaders because they have failed us. When people get on that sit all they think is themselves regardless of region, tribe or religion.

3 Likes

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by arewaqueen: 12:01pm On Jul 15, 2014

An average northerner doesnt mind doing all the above you mentioned but what you should understand is the so called people representing the people (both sides of the country) only think of themselves. Most politicians are just selfish. As for me I want the resource control as it is better for us in the North. It will make us look inwards after all the best and richest nations aren;t oil rich. If Japan can be an economic power, then the north collectively as Nigeria can do it

3 Likes

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by C0llynzO2: 12:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
arewaqueen:

An average northerner doesnt mind doing all the above you mentioned but what you should understand is the so called people representing the people (both sides of the country) only think of themselves. Most politicians are just selfish. As for me I want the resource control as it is better for us in the North. It will make us look inwards after all the best and richest nations aren;t oil rich. If Japan can be an economic power, then the north collectively as Nigeria can do it
Japan is not littered with illiterates, almajiris and extremists left, right and center.

5 Likes

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by arewaqueen: 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
C0llynzO2:
Japan is not littered with illiterates, almajiris and extremists left, right and center.

I appreciate if you dont bring your ethnic bigotry and negativity here. This place is not for you. Look for a page to spread your bigotry and myopic view on whatever tribe you want.

Its very clear you are not here to clear any misconception but here to champion bigotry.

So if you dont have anything positive to contribute you dont have to comment on the topic. SIMPLE!

8 Likes

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by C0llynzO2: 12:25pm On Jul 15, 2014
arewaqueen:

I appreciate if you dont bring your ethnic bigotry and negativity here. This place is not for you. Look for a page to spread your bigotry and myopic view on whatever tribe you want.

Its very clear you are not here to clear any misconception but here to champion bigotry.

So if you dont have anything positive to contribute you dont have to comment on the topic. SIMPLE!
My contribution is realistic, it doesn't have to be positive.
Never in your life mention Japan and Northern Nigeria in the same sentence again.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by gentleoyink: 12:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
I like the op's composure.

1 Like

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by arewaqueen: 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
C0llynzO2:
Never in your life mention Japan and Northern Nigeria in the same sentence again.

No yours wasn't realistic it was simply a comment backed by sentiments more like a bastardization If a desert like Dubai then nothing is impossible with hard work and dedication.

6 Likes

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by arewaqueen: 12:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
gentleoyink: I like the op's composure.

Thank you. I appreciate

6 Likes

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by C0llynzO2: 12:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
arewaqueen:

No yours wasn't realistic it was simply a comment backed by sentiments more like a bastardization If a desert like Dubai then nothing is impossible with hard work and dedication.
Let us see who is being realistic or sentimental here.
Is the majority of northen population not illiterate?
Are there no almajiris in the north?
Are there no religious extremists in the north?

1 Like

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by murtalaa(m): 12:40pm On Jul 15, 2014
C0llynzO2:
It only takes a few educated people who know how to run a region to turn the fortunes of the North around. With good administrative skills, all the almajiris and illiterates you mentioned could be made productive through job creation and a new breed of highly skilled and educated people could be harvested if carefully planned.

3 Likes

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by C0llynzO2: 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
murtalaa: It only takes a few educated people who know how to run a region to turn the fortunes of the North around. With good administrative skills, all the almajiris and illiterates you mentioned could be made productive through job creation and a new breed of highly skilled and educated people could be harvested if carefully planned.
That is true.
If the OP had pointed that out the first time she made the Japan comparison, I wouldn't have bothered.
Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by murtalaa(m): 12:45pm On Jul 15, 2014
C0llynzO2:
That is true.
If the OP had pointed that out the first time she made the Japan comparison, I wouldn't have bothered.
No, you will still find a way to vent your ethnic venom. People like you always do.

3 Likes

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by ibietela2(m): 12:49pm On Jul 15, 2014
arewaqueen:

Interesting question. I chose this name because am a northerner and female. So when I comment people will understand the average cosmopolitan northern woman of Hausa/ Fulani extract

So how do we know you are REALLY a FEMALE?
Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by Mogidi: 12:51pm On Jul 15, 2014
@Madam
When is the right time to chew magani burun tashi?

Is it advisable to drink Fura da nono after or before love making?

4 Likes

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by arewaqueen: 12:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
C0llynzO2:

Illiterate I dont agree. Educated I agree. Do you have a figure for that. No? Do you know the meaning of almajiri ? No? If you provide me with a well articulated research from a neutral body and a consensus figure then I might agree with you.

To add to your dictionary Almajiri means Student domiciled in a foreign land to learn the Quran and Islam

1 Like

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 15, 2014
C0llynzO2:
you sound illiterate yourself.

6 Likes

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by arewaqueen: 12:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
ibietela2:

So how do we know you are REALLY a FEMALE?

The queen indicates my gender
Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
gentleoyink: I like the op's composure.
Even at her composure, 1diots are trying their best to put her o the edge. Pathetic men for that matter.

4 Likes

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by arewaqueen: 12:58pm On Jul 15, 2014
Mogidi: @Madam
When is the right time to chew magani burun tashi?

Is it advisable to drink Fura da nono after love making?

Am sorry i cant answer any of your questions because am not male. I advise you ask the person that sold the whatever to you

1 Like

Re: Questions About The North? Will Help Clear Some Misconceptions by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 15, 2014
Op how does the average northerner view boko haram and its ideology, do they buy a bit into these ideology or are they outrightly against it 100%. (i wonder why it is easy for boko haram to find recruits)

Is there true unity in the north?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of One Of Jonathan's New University / An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex / Buhari Asks Abubakar Maikano To Act As Acting Chief Of Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.