Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Ekiti Election Was Not Rigged - Femi Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Election Was Not Rigged - Femi Falana (838 Views)

Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters / Nigerian Army Captain Who Leaked Ekiti Election Rigging Tape Speaks / How We Determined The Autheticity Of Leaked Tape On Ekiti Election- U.S FIRM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Election Was Not Rigged - Femi Falana by theoctopus: 9:36am On Jul 15, 2014
Were you surprised with the outcome of Ekiti governorship election?

I was flabbergasted by the outcome of the results. Based on several projections in the media I thought that Governor Kayode Fayemi was going to win the election.

Why did you say so?

Going by some development projects executed by the government, I had hoped that Fayemi would defeat his opponents. I never knew of the decision of the vital stakeholders in the state to vote him out of office. That decision was taken before the emergence of Mr. Ayo Fayose as the PDP governorship candidate. The loss of the election by Fayemi has nothing to do with ‘stomach infrastructure’ or the popularity of Fayose.

You think so?

On a critical analysis of the political situation in Ekiti State, Fayemi is a victim of the ideological crisis of his party, the APC. Of course, the arrogance of some of the governor’s aides who were allowed to wield enormous powers equally contributed to the loss of the election.

Do you think the Ekiti election was actually rigged?

The election in Ekiti was not rigged. I witnessed it. I spoke to people before and after the election. Fayemi gave a good concession speech.

But the APC has raised the possibility of photo-chromic ballot papers being used in favour of the PDP?

I have been told by many APC members that photo-chromic ballot papers were used. I think the allegation is bunkum. Unless the party is ready to confront the reality of the election it is not going to draw the vital lessons from it. There were protest votes against the government. Instead of questioning the credibility of the election the APC should engage in a critical review of the verdict of the electorate.

Is it right for the APC leadership to proceed to court after Fayemi conceded victory?

With respect to the validity of the result of the election there isn’t much to contest in court. Apart from the case filed by the E-11, a socio-cultural group which is challenging the competence of Fayose to contest the election in court in view of his impeachment, I do not believe his victory at the polls should be challenged in an election petition tribunal. To that extent, the APC ought to build on Fayemi’s concession speech and reorganise its affairs. .

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election Was Not Rigged - Femi Falana by jmaine: 9:45am On Jul 15, 2014
Only fools believe otherwise . . .

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Election Was Not Rigged - Femi Falana by Mogidi: 12:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
Instead of questioning the credibility of the election the APC should engage in a critical review of the verdict of the electorate.

They never learn.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election Was Not Rigged - Femi Falana by jaytee01(m): 12:56pm On Jul 15, 2014
The APC leaders no get shame. I wonder what they hope to achieve by contesting the results of the election.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election Was Not Rigged - Femi Falana by cyril10(m): 3:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
They are trying to save face, sore losers.

(1) (Reply)

Resource Control : Asari Dokubo Threatens Northerners / Bomb Blast In Kaduna?? / The Dirty gays And Lesbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.