Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! (4116 Views)

Fayose, Ekiti Lawmakers Hold Thanksgiving Service At Deeper Life: Photos / Jonathan Has Fulfilled God’s Assignment — Deeper Life Church / Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by POG007: 1:32pm On Jul 15, 2014
The use of iPads and android as a substitute for the bible during service has been banned by William Folorunso Kumuyi, the founder and General Superintendent of Deeper Life Bible Church.

According to Encomium Weekly, the ban was placed a few weeks back as a result of church members who were pretending that they were reading the bible on their devices but are actually surfing the web, distracting others and not paying attention to the preaching.

So next time you visit the church, remember to leave your iPads and android devices behind.

http://www..com/index.php/41-blog/blog-articles/441-deeper-life-bans-the-use-of-ipads-during-service

Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
POG007: The use of iPads and android as a substitute for the bible during service has been banned by William Folorunso Kumuyi, the founder and General Superintendent of Deeper Life Bible Church.

According to Encomium Weekly, the ban was placed a few weeks back as a result of church members who were pretending that they were reading the bible on their devices but are actually surfing the web, distracting others and not paying attention to the preaching.

So next time you visit the church, remember to leave your iPads and android devices behind.

http://www..com/index.php/41-blog/blog-articles/441-deeper-life-bans-the-use-of-ipads-during-service
old school just had to be better grin
Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by Jakumo(m): 1:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
If I am not allowed to surf the web during boring church services, how then will I fulfill my weekly smut viewing quota ?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by Tolexander: 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
According to Encomium
Weekly, the ban was placed a
few weeks back as a result of
church members who were
pretending that they were
reading the bible on their
devices but are actually
surfing the web, distracting
others and not paying
attention to the preaching
Ngakwe, a mod in politics section is one the culprits here.

While he's meant to be listening to the sermon in church, he will be closing thread, banning members, posting comments and replying mails from members on nairaland pretending to be reading bible.

13 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by cyril10(m): 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2014
A very good one sir.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by blacksta(m): 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
is this nursery or a church.

Will the church ban mobile phones - Attention seeking churches na wa oo

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by Firefire(m): 2:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
Great MOVE...

God Heal and bless His Church.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by andresia(m): 2:30pm On Jul 15, 2014
I keep loving this church with each passing day. The bar of Christianity must never be lowered no matter what!

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by Firefire(m): 2:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
andresia: I keep loving this church with each passing day. The bar of Christianity must never be lowered no matter what!

Maranatha! Come Lord Jesus!

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by disloman(m): 2:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
He's right cos I'm one of d culprits.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by omenka(m): 2:53pm On Jul 15, 2014
I see the good in this from a whole different perspective. Most of those devices are replete with nudies and p0rn, yet people still take 'em into the House of God and have the audacity to have the bible in them. People nor dey. Fear God these days anymore sha.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by missdebs(f): 2:59pm On Jul 15, 2014
first earing, then tv, now ipad...dem go still ban civilisation in general

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by ayobase(m): 3:00pm On Jul 15, 2014
before they will come and start spraying everyone saliva, make una read well before commenting.

it is conditional. it was allowed, but abuse was introduced.
that na the summary.
Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by KwoiZabo(m): 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
You can only prayerfully advise people not to while giving then reasons. The Church belongs to Christ and not GO.
Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by solid3(m): 3:04pm On Jul 15, 2014
Like seriously? angry

Time to begin to use scroll.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2014
He only ban d use of ipad by members durng church services because of how people abuse its use durng service! dis does not mean deeper life members should not use ipad again(this is how some people are going to interpret his statement!)
Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by JulianBond007: 3:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
Tolexander: Ngakwe, a mod in politics section is one the culprits here.

While he's meant to be listening to the sermon in church he will be closing thread, banning members, posting comments and replying mails from members on nairaland pretending to be reading bible.
grin grin
Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by chiefinalowo: 3:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
As a Deeper Life Member, I strongly support this move.
Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
Right move in good direction..

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by redgem(f): 3:45pm On Jul 15, 2014
POG007: The use of iPads and android as a substitute for the bible during service has been banned by William Folorunso Kumuyi, the founder and General Superintendent of Deeper Life Bible Church.

just passing *singing rock of ages*
Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by tonytony208(m): 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2014
Jakumo: If I am not allowed to surf the web during boring church services, how then will I fulfill my weekly smut viewing quota ?

then don't come to church; period.
Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by tonytony208(m): 3:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
KwoiZabo: You can only prayerfully advise people not to while giving then reasons. The Church belongs to Christ and not GO.

you are being unreasonable sir
Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by tonytony208(m): 3:59pm On Jul 15, 2014
missdebs: first earing, then tv, now ipad...dem go still ban civilisation in general

try to be more reasonable in your comments for God sake. Are you saying you can't make any sense out of the reason the GO gave? Then lady, you are pathetic!
Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by Enkaynwa(f): 4:04pm On Jul 15, 2014
andresia: I keep loving this church with each passing day. The bar of Christianity must never be lowered no matter what!

yes o
Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by tonytony208(m): 4:10pm On Jul 15, 2014
blacksta: is this nursery or a church.

those who reason with their brain deep in their anus are very easy to pick out. Is it anyone's fault that your break away church can only have their services in a room or a small shop and therefore have nothing to show off?
Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
One of the reasons I no longer go to church.
The last time I was in church[Easter Day 2013] the usher virtually embarrassed me for seeing me smiling with my eyes glued to my phone screen.
Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by ZACHIE: 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2014
Austeenx: One of the reasons I no longer go to church.
The last time I was in church[Easter Day 2013] the usher virtually embarrassed me for seeing me smiling with my eyes glued to my phone screen.

YOU ARE NOT DOING THE CHURCH ANY FAVOURS BY ATTENDING
blacksta: is this nursery or a church.

THIS PARTICULAR CHURCH IS NOT BEGGING FOR NEW MEMBERS.
Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
I love this move. Btw, if an usher sees a person using it, will he confiscate it?
Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:30pm On Jul 15, 2014
I hate seeing people snaping or filming with ipad in churches.
Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by tpia1: 4:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
Using technology- good or bad?
Re: BREAKING!!! Deeper Life Bans The Use Of Ipads During Service! by tandj: 4:35pm On Jul 15, 2014
so all these people go to church?
Yet they curse and insult here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abstract From Buhari's Asset Declaration...he Is A Billionaire / Attack On Igbos In Yoruba Land: My Take. / #Transmission: Cartoon Depicting IGP Idris "Transmission" Message Now Trending.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.