Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

FG Should Negotiate With Boko Haram – Tambuwal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Should Negotiate With Boko Haram – Tambuwal (1338 Views)

105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Fierce Gun Battle With Boko Haram / Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce / Touching Photo Of A Nigerian Soldier Praying Before Battle With Boko Haram(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Should Negotiate With Boko Haram – Tambuwal by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 15, 2014
Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Aminu Tambuwal, on Tuesday asked the Federal Government to negotiate with the Boko Haram sect in a bid to secure the release of the abducted Chibok school girls.
He emphasised that if negotiation would bring result, the government should go for it instead of searching for results where none existed.
According to him, it is wiser for government to negotiate and get the girls out and still engage the insurgents with military action afterwards.
Tambuwal made his mind known when he received members of the #BringBackOurGirls Campaign Group at the House of Representatives.
The group was led by a former Minister of Education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili.
The speaker recalled that, three years ago, he had proposed that the government should negotiate with the sect members at a time the situation had not degenerated, but regretted that ‎he was ignored.
“I have maintained and it remains my position that we should negotiate with the insurgents if that will bring back our girls.
“Let us get the girls out first, then we can go out for military action.
“After all, ‎Israel and Palestinians are still negotiating till today.
“Whatever we must do, let us do it to bring back our girls safe and alive,” he added.
Tambuwal told the group that the National Assembly had long given all necessary legislative support to the executive “all the necessary support” to combat insurgency, including appropriating funds for military operations.
The group had informed Tambuwal that they were at the House to find out the current situation regarding the freedom of the girls.
Ezekwesili, Mrs. Maryam Uwais and a former member of the House, Mr. Dino Melaye, delivered the group’s message.
Ezekwesili expressed sadness over the reality that the girls had spent 93 days in captivity.
She added that the group had been following the government on the matter, but said nothing tangible suggested that the girls were nearing freedom.
“We are yet to be persuaded that we are seeing efforts to rescue the girls,” she said.
The former assured Tambuwal that in spite of the persecution suffered by members of the group, they would continue to campaign for the rescue of the girls until they were freed.
“We remain resolute in demanding the rescue of our Chibok girls,” she stated.
http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-should-negotiate-with-boko-haram-tambuwal/
Re: FG Should Negotiate With Boko Haram – Tambuwal by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 15, 2014
Its high time federal government put a check on this man.

Am so sure he won't be relevant in next government.

6 Likes

Re: FG Should Negotiate With Boko Haram – Tambuwal by Leboska(m): 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
sorry is it mr Dino melaye that i'm seeing his name there as among the bring back our girls group? Kai Naija don suffer! Mr dino are you looking for more women to panel beat? I beg oyinbo say charity begins at home, i beg start from your house.

6 Likes

Re: FG Should Negotiate With Boko Haram – Tambuwal by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
Shut up honourable!

1 Like

Re: FG Should Negotiate With Boko Haram – Tambuwal by etebefia: 9:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
with people like tambuwal, nigeria will hardly move forward, they do dirty things in the dark, the come out in the light to pretend.

4 Likes

Re: FG Should Negotiate With Boko Haram – Tambuwal by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 15, 2014
So Tambuwal what is negotiation? Releasing the likes of Kabiru sokoto in exchange for the 200 girls. Only for him to kill 400. More and carry out another abduction when arrested abi? All this yeye supporter of APC politicians and their support for their mujahedins on the field

8 Likes

Re: FG Should Negotiate With Boko Haram – Tambuwal by lloydtruth: 10:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
tambuwal is a two-faced individual, he doesn't care about nigeria all he cares is about northern muslems

3 Likes

Re: FG Should Negotiate With Boko Haram – Tambuwal by Smartsyn(m): 10:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
I hold this man in high esteem, let me pretend that you didn't say that.
Re: FG Should Negotiate With Boko Haram – Tambuwal by GBTYO: 10:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
Boko
Re: FG Should Negotiate With Boko Haram – Tambuwal by henrysam(m): 10:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
I always see tambuwal as somebody reasonable but today he fall my hand. The best I will call him is a big fool in corridor of power. How many time have the government stretched hands of friendship to bh but they refused to bulge. The motive is just to islamize the country. The issue of bring back our girls and the chibok parents today in abuja denigrating the office of the president is a very bitter pills to swallow. But its said he who God loves let no man hate. Gej will overcome and nigeria will be better again.

5 Likes

Re: FG Should Negotiate With Boko Haram – Tambuwal by worthytalk: 10:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
Tambuwal don't worry continue ur mouth running. Sooner or later padlock will shut it for u.

4 Likes

Re: FG Should Negotiate With Boko Haram – Tambuwal by gerald09(m): 12:46am On Jul 16, 2014
Ladies and Gentlemen this is what the boss of house of Rep in Nigeria suggest FG shuld do to stop the boko haram disease. "“I have maintained and it remains my position that we should negotiate with the insurgents IF that will bring back our girls. “Let us get the girls out first, then we can go out for military action". Sir what IF dey (FG) negotiate and d girls are not released n dey demand for more then what" Sir I suggest u learn how to be more diplomatic in ur comments. FG has 1s offered boko haram amnesty after the whole country was against n what happened, I remembered BH leader giving GEJ n Nigerians d middle finger nw u want another negotiation. Explain y BH will be kill its own people just to prove a point. Hw do u expect us to negotiate wit such evil, HOW?

2 Likes

Re: FG Should Negotiate With Boko Haram – Tambuwal by IGBOSON1: 1:24am On Jul 16, 2014
Can anyone tell me why this man still claims to be a member of PDP yet doesn't attend any of their functions or get-togethers? His loyalties lie elsewhere, and he's an opposition member in all but name!

GEJ should watch his back with this one!

3 Likes

Re: FG Should Negotiate With Boko Haram – Tambuwal by PenSniper: 2:54am On Jul 16, 2014
Tambuwal- a leader by fatal error, a traitor, a black leg, a scum, a dimwit, a failure, a product of Tinubu's perfidy,a COWARD - APC in PDP's babariga. Every sane person should ignore him.

3 Likes

Re: FG Should Negotiate With Boko Haram – Tambuwal by ROCKJ1(m): 3:15am On Jul 16, 2014
Tambuwal should Pls declare his stand on which party he belongs to if he wants us to take him seriously.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Negotiate With Boko Haram – Tambuwal by oluwafemi113(m): 4:29am On Jul 16, 2014
okparaugo: Shut up honourable!
Another wasted sperm
Re: FG Should Negotiate With Boko Haram – Tambuwal by southsouthman: 8:05am On Jul 16, 2014
I was so suprise to hear the number four man of this country talking like one street boy. This man should honourably resign from the government rather than disgracing himself before the international community. No neutral person will believe that he is part of the FG he was refering to. Is this how he wants to rule the country.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Negotiate With Boko Haram – Tambuwal by PointB: 8:17am On Jul 16, 2014
Myopic suggestion by Tambuwal if you asked me.

If you negociate with the murderous group, and secure the release of the girls. What stop them from kidnapping another set of girls tomorrow? Will you negotiate again?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cameroonian Army Bomb Boko Haram Camp / Lai Muhammed Accused Nairaland Of Asari's Involvement In $9.3M Arms Deal / President Jonathan Grants Young Man Scholarship Award During His Nasarawa Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.