Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,867 members, 7,866,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:10 PM

Mediatek Launches 64bit True Octa-core LTE Chipset With World's First 2k Support - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mediatek Launches 64bit True Octa-core LTE Chipset With World's First 2k Support (1245 Views)

Introducing The New HTC 10: Beautiful Smartphone With World-class Camera / Innjoo (the Tecno Killer) Has Released An Octa-core Device, The Innjoo i2 / Lenovo A850s+ With 3gb Ram, 8gb Rom, Kitkat, 13 Megapixel, Octa Core. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mediatek Launches 64bit True Octa-core LTE Chipset With World's First 2k Support by coolakins(m): 10:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
MediaTek, today, July 15, 2014 announces the release of MT6795, flagship smartphone SoC which is said to be the first 64-bit True Octa-core LTE smartphone System-on-Chip with the world’s first 2K display support targeted at the premium consumer segments (through high-end phone manufacturers). The MT6795 chipset is capable of supporting WQXGA display format with high resolution of 2560x1600. The launch of the SoC is aimed at further revolutionizing 64-bit high-tech within the Android mobile community with speed of up to 2.2GHz, support for 120Hz display frequency and the capacity to create and playback 480 frames per second (fps) 1080p Full HD Super-Slow Motion videos! MediaTek’s 64-bit LTE SoC product portfolio Chipsets include - MT6795 for power users, MT6752 for mainstream users and MT6732 for entry level users.
MediaTek, a semi-conductor company which provides System-on-Chip solutions (SoC) for wireless communications (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to GPS and NFC) and other technologies such as HDTV, DVD and Blu-ray. Applications for MediaTek chips include smartphones and feature phones, tablets, and digital televisions. The chipset maker headquartered in Taiwan, with offices worldwide (in Europe, United States etc.) and is one of the top 25 semiconductor suppliers globally by sales volume.
Key features of MT6795:
• 64-bit True Octa-core LTE SoC with clock speed up to 2.2GHz
• MediaTek CorePilot unlocks the full power of all eight cores
• Dual-channel LPDDR3 memory clocked at 933MHz
• 2K on device display (2560x1600)
• 120Hz mobile display with Response Time Enhancement Technology and MediaTek ClearMotion™
• 480fps 1080p Full HD Super-Slow Motion video feature
• Integrated, low-power hardware support for H.265 Ultra HD (4K2K) video record & playback, Ultra HD video playback support for H.264 & VP9, as well as for graphics-intensive games and apps
• Support for Rel. 9, Category 4 FDD and TDD LTE (150Mbps/50Mbps), as well as modems for 2G/3G networks
• Support for Wi-Fi 802.11ac/Bluetooth®/FM/GPS/Glonass/Beidou/ANT+
• Multi-mode wireless charging supported by MediaTek’s companion multi-mode wireless power receiver IC
So, for a few of the Nigerian mobile phone enthusiasts who feel MediaTek chipset-powered devices should be cheap could consider having a re-think as the firm has just charted a new course in 64-bit high-end mobile smartphones technology. grin cheesy cool tongue

Re: Mediatek Launches 64bit True Octa-core LTE Chipset With World's First 2k Support by texazzpete(m): 11:01pm On Jul 15, 2014
coolakins:
So, for a few of the Nigerian mobile phone enthusiasts who feel MediaTek chipset-powered devices should be cheap could consider having a re-think as the firm has just charted a new course in 64-bit high-end mobile smartphones technology. grin cheesy cool tongue

You just ignorantly regurgitated marketing material without thinking.

Loads of big buzzwords to get you fanboys salivating, yet these are features SoCs from Qualcomm, Nvidia and Samsung can boast of already.

Good luck explaining away Tecno's crazy pricing of the Phantom Z...meanwhile FAR superior OEMs like Xiaomi are selling Octacore Mediatek phones for $160.

3 Likes

Re: Mediatek Launches 64bit True Octa-core LTE Chipset With World's First 2k Support by Collinz2(m): 6:46pm On Jul 16, 2014
Mediatek on 2k, while Qualcomm is on 4k (QHD). Mediatek wise up please.
Re: Mediatek Launches 64bit True Octa-core LTE Chipset With World's First 2k Support by coolakins(m): 9:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
texazzpete:

You just ignorantly regurgitated marketing material without thinking.

Loads of big buzzwords to get you fanboys salivating, yet these are features SoCs from Qualcomm, Nvidia and Samsung can boast of already.

Good luck explaining away Tecno's crazy pricing of the Phantom Z...meanwhile FAR superior OEMs like Xiaomi are selling Octacore Mediatek phones for $160.
Thank you for your comments but your reference to 'buzz words' on this platform is needless really cos this is a mobile tech platform, so it's allowed. On Tecno Phantom Z's pricing, I have no axe to grind, just a tech analyst trying to praise some innovations around here. grin
Re: Mediatek Launches 64bit True Octa-core LTE Chipset With World's First 2k Support by coolakins(m): 9:08pm On Jul 16, 2014
Collinz2: Mediatek on 2k, while Qualcomm is on 4k (QHD). Mediatek wise up please.
And how of the Qualcomm's 4k phone(s) are you aware of? cheesy
Re: Mediatek Launches 64bit True Octa-core LTE Chipset With World's First 2k Support by Herrmes: 9:18pm On Jul 16, 2014
Collinz2: Mediatek on 2k, while Qualcomm is on 4k (QHD). Mediatek wise up please.
There's no Qualcomm even 2k optimized chipset and please I hate mediatek
Re: Mediatek Launches 64bit True Octa-core LTE Chipset With World's First 2k Support by coolakins(m): 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2014
Herrmes: There's no Qualcomm even 2k optimized chipset and please I hate mediatek
So, why do you hate MediaTek sir? I encourage to visit their website and read more about the firm and let's see if you won't be impressed at the end of the day.... www.mediatek.com cheesy
Re: Mediatek Launches 64bit True Octa-core LTE Chipset With World's First 2k Support by Herrmes: 9:30pm On Jul 16, 2014
coolakins:
So, why do you hate MediaTek sir? I encourage to visit their website and read more about the firm and let's see if you won't be impressed at the end of the day.... www.mediatek.com cheesy
Hahahaha, I could never do that even in a thousand years, just hate it for no obvious reasons
Re: Mediatek Launches 64bit True Octa-core LTE Chipset With World's First 2k Support by coolakins(m): 9:42pm On Jul 16, 2014
Herrmes: Hahahaha, I could never do that even in a thousand years, just hate it for no obvious reasons
Lols... No pee!
Re: Mediatek Launches 64bit True Octa-core LTE Chipset With World's First 2k Support by OohMpa: 9:48pm On Jul 16, 2014
coolakins: So, for a few of the Nigerian mobile phone enthusiasts who feel MediaTek chipset-powered devices should be cheap could consider having a re-think as the firm has just charted a new course in 64-bit high-end mobile smartphones technology. grin cheesy cool tongue

Mumu....Get your äss off the big words.It's still gonna be cheap
Re: Mediatek Launches 64bit True Octa-core LTE Chipset With World's First 2k Support by coolakins(m): 5:35am On Jul 17, 2014
OohMpa:

Mumu....Get your äss off the big words.It's still gonna be cheap
oh yea? cheesy
Re: Mediatek Launches 64bit True Octa-core LTE Chipset With World's First 2k Support by Collinz2(m): 7:08am On Jul 17, 2014
coolakins:
And how of the Qualcomm's 4k phone(s) are you aware of? cheesy
guy wise up u use tecno enough. Lg g3 is 4k and upcoming galaxy note 4 is 4k. ok?

(1) (Reply)

Rooting Tecno H5 / Please I Need To Unlock The Full Mode Of My Fifa 14 On My Samsung Galaxy S4 / How To Get 10gig On Mtn Network Tested And Working Perfect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.