Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,365 members, 7,861,003 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:43 PM

Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges (5474 Views)

Modu Sheriff Will Work For Us In APC – Governor Of Kano / Former APC Chairman, 3 Lawmakers, Others Defect To PDP / Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 16, 2014
jayseehe: GEJ should continue with his selective treatment.
he is charged for treason for accusing GEJ.
what about those in GEJ's coffers accusing Buhari of same thing
GEJ is a dictator in disguise
Do you know what treason means?
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by idupaul: 8:03am On Jul 16, 2014
GBTYO:

There are high level security dossiers containing vital evidence connecting the disgraced governor to boko haram.
This shall be presented in court at the right time.
Just you wait and see.

Stories .. Na so we wait for the list of BH sponsors tire so stop deceiving yourself , high security dossier indeed!!!
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by ChinoElects: 8:05am On Jul 16, 2014
Please I need to see that letter once more. Can somebody please re-post the said letter! Thank you
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 16, 2014
AustineE1: when you spew nonsense online just to impress a few,it doesnt make you intelligent,it rather exposes your ignorance,you made a lot of noise about 'treasonable felony',am sure you are nt a legal practitioner,Nyako's letter was a clear case of treason,he was calling for genocide against the Igbos,he told the whole world that the president was sponsoring the Boko haram activities in the North-East so as to render the zone useless,he was virtually calling for a violent revolution and indirectly calling for a coup against the president.....incase you dont know,'treasonable felony',is charge against a person that has by his action directly or indirectly committed a crime that undermine's the government and equally as a government official an utmost disloyalty by virtue of subversive behaviour,so i think its better you allow the lawyers to do their Job and stop playing the victim.Let the defense counsel meet with 'all the presidents men'in court and lets see who's fingers is burnt.
have you heard the word "Libel"? You are dumb bro....

Like I always say, the onus lie on the judge
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by obiyaya: 8:07am On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: what part of the letter relate to what you posted? Na wa yu o!

treason [ tree -zuhn ]
noun
1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.
His letter, no matter how you choose to look at it is a campaign of calumny against the president who is the sovereign of the federal republic of Nigeria.

2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.
By alleging that the Military offensive in the North East, a move approved by the national assembly (representatives of the Nigerian people) is aimed at decimating and oppressing the north east, he questioned the integrity of the National Assembly and by extension the Nigerian people.

3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.
His message of Hate against the igbos has the potential of throwing this country into another civil war and that's treachery.

6 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 16, 2014
cephaskeys:
Do you know what treason means?
most of them are hearing the word for the first time.

1 Like

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by obiyaya: 8:10am On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: the bold you quoted is NOT Treasonable but Inciteful (though I did not see where he called on the north to attack igbos in d letter). Hence, Incite charge may not yield fruit but "An intent to incite" would yield IF the prosecutors can prove beyond doubt... I don't think it wl be wise for me to continue correspondence with you on political issue.

Are you aware that working against the government in matters of National security is an act of treason?

4 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by remsonik(f): 8:14am On Jul 16, 2014
Sincere9gerian and other pdp ass lickers on nairaland chai dia ris God o!!! So for 7 years when he was in your party u people didn't know he was corrupt. Good he was impeached though but the real painful thing is that due process wasn't followed in his impeachment.
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by najoke: 8:14am On Jul 16, 2014
Sincere9gerian: I should have known that APC will be in disarray by now. Who drew the first blood? Was it not the leaders of APC? GEJ is only fighting back.

APC ntorr!!!
Hold on, I thought this disgraced APC governor moved from PDP to APC in 2013 and committed all the crimes that led to his impeachment while he was a PDP member.

The question now is, if Nyako was still in PDP.......una for impeach am

1 Like

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 16, 2014
obiyaya:

treason [ tree -zuhn ]
noun
1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.
His letter, no matter how you choose to look at it is a campaign of calumny against the president who is the sovereign of the federal republic of Nigeria.

2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.
By alleging that the Military offensive in the North East, a move approved by the national assembly (representatives of the Nigerian people) is aimed at decimating and oppressing the north east, he questioned the integrity of the National Assembly and by extension the Nigerian people.

3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.
His message of Hate against the igbos has the potential of throwing this country into another civil war and that's treachery.
chai...obayaya you just disgrace yourself!

1. The President is not Sovereign, it is the Country that is Sovereign.

His accusation was directed @ THe President, Mr Jonathan and NOT the Country

2. You don't make sense at all there.

3. Same, you didn't make sense there!

Anyway, enjoy your day. Henceforth, I will be selective in responding to political mentions from you.
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by PenSniper: 8:16am On Jul 16, 2014
thunderrider: Is ds JONA really daft? ?? undecided undecided undecided
This is definitely not Jonathan
But JONA.....

JonaDEFT
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 16, 2014
jayseehe: GEJ should continue with his selective treatment.
he is charged for treason for accusing GEJ.
what about those in GEJ's coffers accusing Buhari of same thing
GEJ is a dictator in disguise
ewu ofia.. is buhari the president of Nigeria ?

1 Like

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 16, 2014
obiyaya:

Are you aware that working against the government in matters of National security is an act of treason?
what do you mean by working against d govt? That one doesn't share same political sentiment with the President or a Governor does not translate 2 "working against the govt". The President is not a government, he only heads a government.

Or where did he did work against the govt?
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by PointB: 8:25am On Jul 16, 2014
Nyako’s security aides were withdrawn at about 1pm shortly after his impeachment.

These included the Aide-de-Camp, the Chief Security Officer, State Security Service (SSS) details and policemen in pilot vehicles.

Although a new set of security agents was deployed to arrest Nyako, who was in his Asokoro, Abuja have at the time of the controversial impeachment, the team could not locate his whereabouts.

This bit sound nonsensical to me.

Why didn't they effect his arrest with the withdrawn security aides? Are they not members of security force any longer? While withdraw those who could have easily arrested him, only to send another batch of security agents?

Seems to me they wanted him on the run for maximum stunt!

1 Like

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by obiyaya: 8:27am On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: chai...obayaya you just disgrace yourself!

1. The President is not Sovereign, it is the Country that is Sovereign.

His accusation was directed @ THe President, Mr Jonathan and NOT the Country

2. You don't make sense at all there.

3. Same, you didn't make sense there!

Anyway, enjoy your day. Henceforth, I will be selective in responding to political mentions from you.

You are not smart!!!

sovereign [ sov-rin, sov -er-in, suhv - ]
noun
1. a monarch; a king, queen, or other supreme ruler.
2. a person who has supreme power or authority.
3. a group or body of persons or a state having
sovereign authority

Does that sound like the president to you?

Well, I definitely know you'd say I don't make sense at all. And i'm not gonna argue with you. I've laid my points, you can choose to counter them wholesomely if you can.

8 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by obiyaya: 8:30am On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: what do you mean by working against d govt? That one doesn't share same political sentiment with the President or a Governor does not translate 2 "working against the govt". The President is not a government, he only heads a government.

Or where did he did work against the govt?

The you don't share political sentiment with the President doesn't mean you should incant rhetorics that can worsen the already precarious security situation in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 16, 2014
obiyaya:

You are not smart!!!

sovereign [ sov-rin, sov -er-in, suhv - ]
noun
1. a monarch; a king, queen, or other supreme ruler.
2. a person who has supreme power or authority.
3. a group or body of persons or a state having
sovereign authority

Does that sound like the president to you?

Well, I definitely know you'd say I don't make sense at all. And i'm not gonna argue with you. I've laid my points, you can choose to counter them wholesomely if you can.

listen dude....
The Office of the President is Sovereign
The occupant, who's the President is NOT Sovereign according to our constitution.

One thing about you is that you are not good at learning neither are yu willing to learn.

I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Mexyz(m): 8:34am On Jul 16, 2014
Where is barcanista? Pls come back and reply Obiyaya, he has given you the definition of 'sovereign'. I am learning from you guys.
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by QuiverBox(f): 8:40am On Jul 16, 2014
hmmmmmmm
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by obiyaya: 8:44am On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: listen dude....
The Office of the President is Sovereign
The occupant, who's the President is NOT Sovereign according to our constitution.

One thing about you is that you are not good at learning neither are yu willing to learn.

I rest my case

Stop running around in circles bringing in technicalities to cover up your ignorance.

In my first post, I never mentioned the occupant of the office. I used the phrase "the president".

Nyako's letter was directed to the president and by extension the office he occupies. So what now is your point?

6 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 16, 2014
obiyaya:

Stop running around in circles bringing in technicalities to cover up your ignorance.

In my first post, I never mentioned the occupant of the office. I used the phrase "the president"

guy you are the most ignorant. The President is the man that occupies the Office of the President. The President is not Sovereign, the Office of the President is. Presidents come and Go, President die and get impeached but The Office of the President Remains.

You clearly can't distinguished btw the President and the Office of The President, this shows we can't debate.

Take care
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by JulianBond007: 8:50am On Jul 16, 2014
When will Asari Dokubo be charged for treason? Or is he not guilty of the same offence?
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by obiyaya: 9:04am On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: guy you are the most ignorant. The President is the man that occupies the Office of the President. The President is not Sovereign, the Office of the President is. Presidents come and Go, President die and get impeached but The Office of the President Remains.

You clearly can't distinguished btw the President and the Office of The President, this shows we can't debate.

Take care

The office is sovereign and anybody who occupies it at any point in time assumes the sovereignty of the office. Hence the need for sovereign immunity for the person.

That's is to ensure the office of the president is never brought to disrepute.

If you agree with the above, then you must agree Nyako's attack on the president is an attack on the office he occupies. And my initial submission still stands.

The office and the person who occupies it at any point in time are mutually inclusive.

Free all these your technicalities

6 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by ElFenomeno1: 9:07am On Jul 16, 2014
What a country smdh
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Keky(m): 9:29am On Jul 16, 2014
Am very sure If Nyako was still a PDP member, all these won't be happening to him. But Its none of my business !!!!

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by ratiken(m): 9:37am On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: guy you are the most ignorant. The President is the man that occupies the Office of the President. The President is not Sovereign, the Office of the President is. Presidents come and Go, President die and get impeached but The Office of the President Remains.

Take care

You must not win all the time. Obiyaya has schooled you on this one..... just learn and move on. Extended arguement on this belittles the regard some of us have for you.

5 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 16, 2014
ratiken:

You must not win all the time. Obiyaya has schooled you on this one..... just learn and move on. Extended arguement on this belittles the regard some of us have for you.
I leave u 2 ur ignorance.
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by maestroferddi: 9:43am On Jul 16, 2014
barcanista: Firstly, I have always held the view that Nyako should prove his innocence in the panel/court. Due process was followed in his impeachment and he stand impeached! The charges on corruption and mismanagement to be levelled against him by the EFCC is commendable. The onus lies on the judge.

However, the charges on Treason is the peak of cluelessness and stupidity by Mr. Goodluck Jonathan and his AGF Adoke. I wonder what is treasonable in the said letter. I expected Jonathan to sue him for libel and not charge him for treason. There is Nothing Treasonable in the Letter! I wonder the criteria for SANship.

I can bet that the Judge will acquit Nyako of the slanderous charge, which in turn will make him the "Hero".

Jonathan is setting a bad precedence which will hunt him when he leaves office. Even Abacha never went this low. Jonathan also by his actions is making neutrals have sympathy for the APC... He should beware of sympathy votes.

Lastly, he should read his history books. Dispots don't last long and they end miserably. I hope he reconsiders his actions and inactions
Your thinking process sulks! What do you understand by "treason" or are you just clicking away at some hapless keypad? How come na me shame dey catch reading this jejune piece you posted?

3 Likes

Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 16, 2014
maestroferddi: Your thinking process sulks! What do you understand by "treason" or are you just clicking away at some hapless keypad? How come na me shame dey catch reading this jejune piece you posted?
You quoted me to type the above? Anyway the bold explains your IQ level.
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Tobbie9(m): 9:52am On Jul 16, 2014
Keky: Am very sure If Nyako was still a PDP member, all these won't be happening to him. But Its none of my business !!!!
Don't mind the hypocrites
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by Reptyle(m): 9:57am On Jul 16, 2014
We all know nothing will come out of this drama.

In a few weeks time, Nyako will return to PDP and suddenly all of the treason and corruption allegations will vanish into thin air.

If the PDP can welcome Ali Modu Sheriff and issue statements eulogizing him after all of the media mudslinging against his person, then Nyako's issue is small.
Re: Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges by seanet02: 10:07am On Jul 16, 2014
Reptyle: We all know nothing will come out of this drama.

In a few weeks time, Nyako will return to PDP and suddenly all of the treason and corruption allegations will vanish into thin air.

If the PDP can welcome Ali Modu Sheriff and issue statements eulogizing him after all of the media mudslinging against his person, then Nyako's issue is small.

Gbam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tribalism Must Stop On The Political Section Or You Will Cry At Midnight / One Thousand Naira (N1,000) = $5! / Newsflash!!! Sharing Of Apc Posters In Rccg Church - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.