Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,915 members, 7,863,187 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:44 PM

Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! (21032 Views)

This Government Is A Government Of Sadists - FFK / Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) / My Discussion With A Government Contractor Who Wants GEJ Out - Agabai23 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by hayoakins(m): 4:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
MY BELOVED APETE....WHY NA

Back in days of Fanowole, Oloya...gbogbo aye ni The Poly, Ibadan grin
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by shadowwalker101: 4:39pm On Jul 16, 2014
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by passionate88: 4:40pm On Jul 16, 2014
Imagine
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Bjfirst: 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2014
nawa o
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by iceberylin(m): 4:44pm On Jul 16, 2014
can't remember when last I saw a positive post on Nl
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by SugaryBelle(f): 4:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
Makeshift bridge?
Never heard of that.
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Firefire(m): 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2014
Where is Liar Mohammed, I sense sabotage by PDP.

O' Collapse in Osun

O' destroyed in Oyo (Ajumobi, kokan taanu)

APC WHY?

1 Like

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by zurine(f): 4:56pm On Jul 16, 2014
interesting
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Walelavender(m): 4:57pm On Jul 16, 2014
[quote author=xtremely9ja]

1. I may not be smart like you (you know what I mean) but if I were the one posting the article I would have made a clear distinction between a wooden temporary pedestrian staked platform and a bridge been a supposed professional. Because you know the structure that will readily comes to mind when anybody reads the word bridge from you heading. posts below refers;

grin grin grin grin grin grin

2. I could have overlooked your errors if you have stated that the supposed bridge w
Insult you? I dont do that, besides you were trying to make the whole issue more debatable when its glaring there was a failed structure. Its so funny that you are still insisting it was the immediate past thread that showed people starring at the incident. My caption could have been tricky(ask a journalist why),you wont shy away from the fact that those pictures were for real.
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Lucasbalo(m): 4:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
The bottom line is that the temporary wooden bridge collapsed. It could have been disastrous if not for faith that human lives are not lost. All this Governors are worthless regardless of their party affiliations. They are just as inept as the President. The only thing they are good for is looting the treasuries . Until a massive revolution cleans up Nigeria , unfortunately , things like this will be a weekly or monthly occurrence .

1 Like

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Safari29: 4:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
op pls change your post. U painted the wooden pedestrian bridge as if it's a beam bridge that collapse. take ur time oh. wah kain kuplakuplay be d's ke. The only bridge I see is under construction

2 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
and some folks on Nl will tell us that Ibadan is a city.......Indeed, a city with brown roofs all over d place.
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by tyav7: 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
C0llynzO2: *In Ajimobi's voice* The bridge was blown up by PDP.
Lolz
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
Are you left alone and helpless in a wild desert
of your final year project, Master’s thesis/
dissertation, academic assignments, term
paper seminars and you cannot discover a single drop of
water to quench the thirst for these academic
assignments?
Besides, the cost of doing a customized project
may also be too costly in terms of price far
beyond your budget and may not meet up with
your deadlines.
This is where scyllabanksofficial steps
in. With a group of experience and professional
writers, our academic papers writing service
can help you complete your dissertation or any
other term paper no matter what tight
deadlines your killer professor have assigned
to you.
Our completed thesis/dissertation service
offers you the following
1. Cheapest price for a standard and
potentially A grade thesis/dissertation
2. The materials above are complete thesis/
dissertation work done by experts in each field
of study covered.
3. The materials come with the complete
chapters of a standard project that is: Chapter
1: Introduction; Chapter 2: Literature Review;
Chapter 3: Research Methodology; Chapter 4:
Presentation, analysis and Interpretation of
Data; Chapter 5: Summary, Conclusion and
Recommendations. It also comes with FREE
ABSTRACT of the whole work. Notwithstanding,
some prose work such as it relates to Law,
Politics and History have different
chapterization based on the topic of the study.
4. You are entitled to FREE counseling/
discussion on the material for purpose of
understanding and preparation for final
defense. You can contact us on
scyllabanksofficial@gmail.com so we can
communicate online
or call us on +234 8054278664 BBM 2829dac9
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Sard(m): 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hope all you APC apologists on this thread are residing in Ibadan? If not, you guys should shut the hell up and listen. The makeshift bridge collapsed when it was raining in the midnight. No life was lost because it was late in the night when most people would have gotten home. It is all over the news.

1 Like

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by kolaaderin: 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
Walelavender: Here are the pictures

Is that a pedestrian bridge or a normal bridge under construction. this pics are fake please.

1 Like

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by platorepublic(m): 5:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
This picture does not collaborate the picture you are trying to paint here. This is just an ongoing bridge construction

4 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by Walelavender(m): 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2014
xtremely9ja:

Help tell the OP o. The OP said he is a professional, but the pictures he posted in contrast to his post speaks otherwise. A good lesson from the post;---Reason hard don't just post anything for sensationalism---
Sensationalism? Oh! I would duly withdraw my comment if you could post the immediate past pictures and lets compare. I dont have time for any propaganda. Where I work is a stone throw from the scene and besides, I quickly took the shots on my way to work. Let someone confirm if its a blatant lie.
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by blacksta(m): 5:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
Please move on - no news here - man made wooden bridge collapses

Real News

GEJ/PDP still failing Nigerians since 1999.

4 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by koboko69: 5:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
Where is te picture of the bridge. What i see there is a bridge under construction.

1 Like

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by sweetgala(m): 5:08pm On Jul 16, 2014
Walelavender:
I dont have to join issues with you because I'm not a bootlicker or APC apologist like you. Open your eyes clearly to see the pictures of the pedestrian make~shift bridge with part already submerged. You think am here for a propaganda? You must be on a very long thing. Why be @ the mercy of these political rascals (APC & PDP). Do they pay you people? #team good governance#

Even you said it , "makeshift bridge"
Not completed structurally sound bridge under construction

Your grievance is acceptable but please make sure you provide the correct information

1 Like

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by 1stola: 5:10pm On Jul 16, 2014
texaco1: FORMER Oyo State governor,
Chief Adebayo Alao-Akala, on
Tuesday, urged the people of
Oke-Ogun not to relent in their
support for the Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP) as the
party will convincingly win the
2015 election in the state.
Alao-Akala stated this on
Tuesday, when he paid a visit to
three local government areas of
the region- Saki-East, Saki-West
and Atisbo.
The former governor entered
the region through Sepeteri
town in Saki-East Local
Government Area and passed
through Ago-Amodu, Oje-
Owode, Tede, before he was
received at Ago-Are at Tede
junction.
He then proceeded to Saki
town, where he addressed his
supporters who had converged
to receive him.
Alao-Akala, while addressing the
crowd in front of Pa Tijani
Massa’s residence, Isale Abudu,
Saki, urged the people of the
region to endure with the
current administration in the
state, noting that it was
disheartening that all ongoing
projects in the area were
abandoned by the APC-led
administration in the state.
“I came to greet our revered
political leader. I am
overwhelmed by the rousing
welcome accorded me. We
have done it before and people
felt our impact positively. Ours
was a government of purpose
and positive mission.
“You experienced a breath of
fresh air during our time. Our
coming back is sealed, signed
and delivered from above. Mind
you, this is not a campaign, it is
just a visit to our baba and I
can’t go inside to meet baba
without addressing you,
because I hold you in high
esteem.
“Without you, I am nothing. My
hope lies in you the masses and
God Almighty the giver of life.
Very soon, I am coming with my
team formally to campaign and
present our people -oriented
manifesto to you,” Alao-Akala
noted.
Useless thief!
May he not no peace.
Let him just mention one meaningful thing he did when he was there.
Bastard old bleaching fool.

2 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by remsonik(f): 5:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
Op u be mumu o, u claim to be a professional yet u don't know d difference between a bridge under construction and a makeshift one. Dindinrin

1 Like

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:16pm On Jul 16, 2014
@OP show us what the bridge looked like before it collapsed. I can see big project under construction here...
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:17pm On Jul 16, 2014
remsonik: Op u be mumu o, u claim to be a professional yet u don't know d difference between a bridge under construction and a makeshift one. Dindinrin

Hahaha. U don vex?
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by powelee: 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2014
if this brigde has not killed ajimobi family it will not be repaired
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by remsonik(f): 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
JideTheBlogger:

Hahaha. U don vex?
I don vex o, Op should stop creating hate inciting posts on nl

1 Like

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by einsteino(m): 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
I served in Apete, its quite sad that bridge still hasn't been completed. although Ajimobi is alot better than my governor, yh far better than delta state governor. ibadan has well tied roads littered everywhere, iseyin road was constructed while i was still serving. i don't know whats with the apete bridge sha, but this isn't the first time the make shift pedestrian bridge is collapsing. I can only pray that the main bride gets completed, so the make shift one can be abandoned.

3 Likes

Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by rapmike(m): 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
NL! Na wa o! From what I can glean, the make-shift bridge is not a sound structure to start with. Maybe someone just did it to ease passage.

Op, own up to the mistakes you made, stop dribbling around! You said Ajimobi commissioned it with paparazzi and co, I don't see how a temporary bridge will get that much attention and that is misleading.

If you can't apologise, then you are not better than the people you attack.
Re: Apete Bridge,ibadan Collapses Again! What A Government! by SirKay3(m): 5:25pm On Jul 16, 2014
All, don't let us crucify the OP please. I believe he's got a point to prove, though the photos he posted didn't really back up his claim.

Here's what actially happened.

The initial makeshift wooden bridge was swept away by heavy flood on a Saturday night about 3weeks ago, learnt about 35 people lost their lives then, as they were swept away with the wooden pedestrian bridge then.

Governor Ajimobi was there 5days after the incident (Wednesday the following week). He was there with the press crew, they all stood at Ijokodo/Ibadan Poly end of the bridge, while people converged enmasse at Apete end of the bridge watching. He's there for about an hour.

Work commenced on another side of the bridge, to do another makeshift pedestrian bridge the following day. Metal containers (2nos) were positioned in the water way, to allow water flow into them, while the remaining portion of the water way were covered with sand. The containers had their top covered with sand too and that was openex to people last week Tuesday as makeshift pedestrian bridge.

The sand was washed away last night, as a result of heavy downpour in Apete, thus cutting off passage through the place.

There's an ongoing construction of a makeshift bridge at the point where the former swept away wooden bridge was. The three heavy bridge structures in the pgotos are meant for the real bridge under construction by NAIRDA.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka / BREAKING: APC Floors PDP, Wins Bauchi Senatorial By-election / Some States Have Almost 24 Hours Supply- Fashola (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.