Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,195 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. (42272 Views)

Shooting At LAX (los Angeles International Airport) / Photos: Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea / Breaking News: Gaddafi Supporters Seized Control Of Bani Walid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Toks2008(m): 10:59am On Jul 17, 2014
Malakh: Snails are unclean, since yall don't keep dietary laws, you eat whatever, yall eat abominable things, yall call it delicacies

You need to understand how to make it hygienic before cooking it.

Are they saying that Americans don't eat snails? Abeg they should park well. I sense there is more ro it.
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by donlyone(m): 10:59am On Jul 17, 2014
I am shocked that they would say such things about African giant snails. These snails are around us here and I have never seen a farmer describe snails as a threat to crops.

I hope they are not trying to make us start importing their own genetically engineered CRAP.

Farmers in the house please educate us

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:59am On Jul 17, 2014
Saw Snail in the headline and I thought about Mikel. Chai! grin
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by crackhaus: 11:00am On Jul 17, 2014
The snails are poisonous and highly destructive, can cause meningitis? undecided

These oyibo people no know anything at all o, are snails any worse than those nonsense meat they eat at Chinese restaurants? Nonsense... This is racism grin

3 Likes

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Ishilove: 11:01am On Jul 17, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Even then.....it would still be seized.

Someone I knew once tried to take suya into the US. Said Suya was confiscated....and incinerated

Lmao! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by mascot87(m): 11:01am On Jul 17, 2014
bizngr: [size=18pt]Chai, snail on a plane![/size]

*Mikel on my mind*

Exactly my thought grin grin grin
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by mascot87(m): 11:02am On Jul 17, 2014
JideTheBlogger: Saw Snail in the headline and I thought about Mikel. Chai! grin

Wicked grin grin grin
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by jjwaterfalls(f): 11:02am On Jul 17, 2014
Although medically, dey are right but smhow we nigerians hv grown immunity to dez orrganisms so we dnt easily get infected.
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by CharlesPhc: 11:03am On Jul 17, 2014
Bright Chimezie (Okoro Junior) on my mind...!!! That man over there is trying to commit suicide by eating African snail...!!!
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by experimentist: 11:04am On Jul 17, 2014
I never read am d tory o.. Hope say no be our Snail-man Mikel Obi?
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 17, 2014
Silva79: Oh God! I'm really interested in export business. If u want our local food and u live outside nigeria,pls send an email to me. Silvershadow7979@yahoo.com

Can you meet all the stringent requirements like the above ?
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by eghos12(m): 11:05am On Jul 17, 2014
racism because say d snail no be from white land abi angry angryangryangryangry
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 17, 2014
Oh my God!Waste of congo meat.I love peppered snails. embarassed

Snail wey for say dem dash my mama,she go dance egedege for one week!

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Rooneyboy(m): 11:06am On Jul 17, 2014
the U.S Customs and Border Protection program
manager say they are investigating why an individual would want to
consume such an amount of deadly snails.grin grin grin find this very hilarious grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Kessleek(m): 11:06am On Jul 17, 2014
Malakh: Snails are unclean, since yall don't keep dietary laws, you eat whatever, yall eat abominable things, yall call it delicacies
GUY ZOOOM!!!

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by ideology(m): 11:08am On Jul 17, 2014
Am tempted to believe that, the importer was trying to start snail rearing business in US

Am also of the opinion that those snails are possibly infected taking into consideration of how snails are being reared in Nigerian context.

We Africans can eat those snails and may never fall ill, but this may not be the same for Us citizens.

Its difficult to justify the destruction of the snails, but Its important to note that, the best way to handle inferior goods is to destroy them.

Finally, dear importer, my condolences for your loss, kindly restrategize on the business plan, or better still do the business in Nigeria, we have the market, its gonna sell.

For those traveling abroad for greener pastures, its not as green as it appears.
You can get a container along the road and start a SME business in Nigeria, but Overseas hmmm …
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 17, 2014
Toks2008:

Are they saying that Americans don't eat snails? Abeg they should park well. I sense there is more ro it.

Wash your snails inside brine, that is concentrated salt, before cooking or frying.

Eat your delicacy. Right now, I am rearing snails in the compound. Very peaceful animals. They don't want sunshine.

Yes they talked of meningitis and snails being contaminated by rats. But all one needs to stay away from all kinds of diseases is solid hygiene.
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 17, 2014
lynpetra: Oh my God!Waste of congo meat.I love peppered snails. embarassed

Snail wey for say dem dash my mama,she go dance egedege for one week!

E pain me pass you.
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Malakh: 11:10am On Jul 17, 2014
Toks2008:

you can't make hygienic what's has been deemed abominable
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by chocolateme(f): 11:12am On Jul 17, 2014
So in essence Oyibo is trying to say that we Nigerians eating snails are already disease carriers, that we are contaminated and are dangerous species to United States of America. Ok oooo but bring back our snails.
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Alubosa: 11:13am On Jul 17, 2014

See wetin u dey miss?

7 Likes

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 17, 2014
ideology: Am tempted to believe that, the importer was trying to start snail rearing business in US

Am also of the opinion that those snails are possibly infected taking into consideration of how snails are being reared in Nigerian context.

We Africans can eat those snails and may never fall ill, but this may not be the same for Us citizens.

Its difficult to justify the destruction of the snails, but Its important to note that, the best way to handle inferior goods is to destroy them.

Finally, dear importer, my condolences for your loss, kindly restrategize on the business plan, or better still do the business in Nigeria, we have the market, its gonna sell.

For those traveling abroad for greener pastures, its not as green as it is. You can get a container along the road and start a SME business in Nigeria, but Overseas hmmm …

Dem no sabi .

Laws brekete for abroad and one must meet all..

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 17, 2014
okparaugo:

E pain me pass you.

Sweery,na giant snail.Chai!!!
Ugo,imagine as I go wash am ,boil am with enough onions,maggi,salt kon fry am make e dey crunchy.blend enough pepper and onions fry am,add the cooked snails,turn am well.All this na firewood ooo with local mortar."Oh,I for don marry o,Ogogoro na u cause am" will be my theme song as I wash am down with chilled beer. grin grin.Ndi ocha n'nzuzu!

6 Likes

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by hbrednic: 11:15am On Jul 17, 2014
[code][/code]BRING BACK OUR SNAIL angry angry
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Vinsaint(m): 11:17am On Jul 17, 2014
So as Ghana fans escaped dia country na so our snails dey escape naija.
Give dem asylum pls. grin
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by dragkibaba(m): 11:17am On Jul 17, 2014
;DMake dem leave am for us! We neva die since e dey here.....dats nt d main reason shaaa!#bomb fit dey inside
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by youngice(m): 11:18am On Jul 17, 2014
superior1: Unlike Nigeria, the Americans take food quality and consumer safety serious
is that why they have funny diseases
Kessleek: GUY ZOOOM!!!
tell d mofo
crackhaus: The snails are poisonous and highly destructive, can cause meningitis? undecided
These oyibo people no know anything at all o, are snails any worse than those nonsense meat they eat at Chinese restaurants? Nonsense... This is racism grin
abi

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 17, 2014
chocolateme: So in essence Oyibo is trying to say that we Nigerians eating snails are already disease carriers, that we are contaminated and are dangerous species to United States of America. Ok oooo but bring back our snails.

Dont mind them,they come to Africa to eat our snails too.
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by temhab(f): 11:18am On Jul 17, 2014
Chai Amelika there is God oooo

3 Likes

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by mcpat(m): 11:20am On Jul 17, 2014
justi4jesu: Its not fair ohhhh cry cry

Same way one immigration lady took my Fresh Palm oil @ MMA cry cry
lol u saved her d stress of going to d market
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by justi4jesu(f): 11:21am On Jul 17, 2014
mcpat:
lol u saved her d stress of going to d market

lol...dey collect it without mercy cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boston Bombing Culprits Found (PHOTOS) - Photos Now Known As Inaccurate / President Nana Akufo-Addo Sleeping At Russia-Africa Summit (Video, Photos) / Governor Eric Greitens Arrested After Circulating Nude Photos Of Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.