Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. (42271 Views)

Shooting At LAX (los Angeles International Airport) / Photos: Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea / Breaking News: Gaddafi Supporters Seized Control Of Bani Walid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Janetozi(f): 12:24pm On Jul 17, 2014
These are the same people that keeps snakes as pet & I'm sure they also eat snake meat. Snake & snail which is more poisonous? Just imagine, the person that ordered for those snails must have been hunger & dreaming of eating snails.

****These people are dreamed soup killers****

2 Likes

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by nokingasgod: 12:24pm On Jul 17, 2014
Chai, these Oyinbo people don Colo die!

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 17, 2014
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Toks2008(m): 12:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
Malakh: you can't make hygienic what's has been deemed abominable

I hope your reference is not from the bible and in case you are thinking towards that area then read this.

13A voice came to him, “Get up, Peter, kill and eat!” 14But Peter said, “By no means, Lord, for I have never eaten anything unholy and unclean.” 15Again a voice came to him a second time, “What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy.” 16This happened three times, and immediately the object was taken up into the sky.

Acts 10:13-15
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Cynthia4real: 12:32pm On Jul 17, 2014
krazydave: Mxw!!!!
See snails that would have decorated someone's Okro soup is what this people are destroying like this....

*frowning*...#oyinbo_shaa!!
hahahahahhahahaha,no be small Okro soup ooooo
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by akpanbaba: 12:35pm On Jul 17, 2014
This is the same thing they did to Bright Chimezie.They said the man was commiting suicide as he was seen eating eba and ogbonno soup,How can good chop be poison?

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2014
Why do people eat snail? Is beef and chicken not enough angry

2 Likes

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Harmvirus(f): 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2014
datalossvictim1: Why do people eat snail? Is beef and chicken not enough angry
There are people that don't like beef and chicken .. One man's meat is another man's poison
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by noblejames: 12:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
Oyibo no wan make Nigerians make money from marketing this particular specie of snail.
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 17, 2014
Harmvirus:
There are people that don't like beef and chicken .. One man's meat is another man's poison

Nigerians? Oh okay.
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by delishpot: 12:46pm On Jul 17, 2014

shocked shocked :Shhhhhhhhhh, angryoya clean ya mouth.
I say shhhhhh! No ask why I say clean ya mouth, just clean it angry angry
Ok, I go tell you. Na taboo to ask me why I LOVE snail o.
No let snail eaters chi hear you o, na spiritual battle that go be. Snail is the best. If dem turn you to snail sef, I go eat you join grin.
Anyway snail is an aquired taste, not everyone likes it. But its not like its gross to eat snails.

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2014
delishpot:

shocked shocked :oShhhhhhhhhh, angryoya clean ya mouth.
I say shhhhhh! No ask why I say clean ya mouth, just clean it angry angry
Ok, I go tell you. Na taboo to ask me why I LOVE snail o.
No let snail eaters chi hear you o, na spiritual battle that go be. Snail is the best. If dem turn you sanil sef, I go eat you join grin.
Anyway snail is an aquired taste, not everyone likes it. But its not like its gross to eat snails.

Snails angry inyama!! Sokwunu na eri eju. They are slimy and yucky tongue

Alright you enjoy them, cool. What do they taste like?
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Ilaje44(m): 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2014
justi4jesu: Its not fair ohhhh cry cry

Same way one immigration lady took my Fresh Palm oil @ MMA cry cry

She took it because the FGofN prohibits taking/selling epo pupa abroad. She did her work there, just as the US customs rightfully destroyed the snails. Giant Snails are alraedy a pest in some part of the USA. The snails feast on economic plants there destroying people's means of livelihood. Besides, there are no natural predators (or perhaps not enough of them) in the USA to curb the explosive growth of the animals.

2 Likes

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Vansnickers: 12:52pm On Jul 17, 2014
superior1: Unlike Nigeria, the Americans take food quality and consumer safety serious

Exactly.

How can you condemn border patrol for having the people's best interest.

Who knows how many Africans have died from eating those snails?! I'm sure they thought it was an attack from the village.

3 Likes

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Vansnickers: 12:55pm On Jul 17, 2014
Janetozi: These are the same people that keeps snakes as pet & I'm sure they also eat snake meat. Snake & snail which is more poisonous? Just imagine, the person that ordered for those snails must have been hunger & dreaming of eating snails.

****These people are dreamed soup killers****

Our country has laws. If you don't like it, don't come here.

2 Likes

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by delishpot: 12:58pm On Jul 17, 2014
datalossvictim1:

Snails angry inyama!! Sokwunu na eri eju. They are slimy and yucky tongue

Alright you enjoy them, cool. What do they taste like?

Like rubber. Lol. When washed snails arent slimy, they are kinda rubbery, and soft with a unique taste. If blindfolded and given snail just one bite will tell you its snail.
Talking about slime Dont you eat okro and ogbono too?
Snail is only slimy before washing some fresh fish also have slime but only good washing with line or alum will remove the slime.

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by tochman(m): 1:00pm On Jul 17, 2014
englishmart: They hate snails as much as I do. Anyways I was brought up in the states

state(s)- plural.... Maybe lagos and kaduna states
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by delishpot: 1:08pm On Jul 17, 2014
Malakh: Snails are unclean, since yall don't keep dietary laws, you eat whatever, yall eat abominable things, yall call it delicacies

For this one mind now, him don yab us o. grin for him small mind, him don put us for our place, him don be bruce lee. Lol. Its all good. There is power when no power is right in front of you.

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by BukkyDan(f): 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2014
Eeayah...bad news to 'awon snail consumers'. I won't condemn what some people consider as delicacies, but ehn...nothing would make me go near those things o
embarassed
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Malakh: 1:10pm On Jul 17, 2014
Toks2008:

I hope your reference is not from the bible and in case you are thinking towards that area then read this.

13A voice came to him, “Get up, Peter, kill and eat!” 14But Peter said, “By no means, Lord, for I have never eaten anything unholy and unclean.” 15Again a voice came to him a second time, “What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy.” 16This happened three times, and immediately the object was taken up into the sky.

Acts 10:13-15
it's a figurative vision, The Angel was talking about Cornelius being clean, since Gentiles were regarded as Barbarians, why don't you eat snakes n rats then and see what Isaiah has in store for you
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by OLADIMEHJI(m): 1:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
superior1: Unlike Nigeria, the Americans take food quality and consumer safety serious
Some people sha! They can defend anything so far it is outside Africa. What happened to human right over there, or eating what you like is not part of it except gayism? Let's be frank, these people are taking us for fool except they have scrutinized it with every necessary tools before labelling it dangerous.
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Malakh: 1:12pm On Jul 17, 2014
delishpot:

For this one mind now, him don yab us o. grin for him small mind, him don put us for our place, him don be bruce lee. Lol. Its all good. There is power when no power is right in front of you.
No worry Isaiah has something for you Asians and unclean abominable eaters
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by rellawyt(f): 1:15pm On Jul 17, 2014
The whites where probally scared.. Lol! Nkuwobi na him dem just destroy!

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Anthrophile(m): 1:16pm On Jul 17, 2014
It was not labelled properly that was why the LA authorities took precautions. At least the consignment could have borne the name, address and other details of the farm, if they were farmed snails and a paper from a professional body like the veterinary association certifying the snails pathogen free. Who knows if the snails were picked from the forest and could be pathogenic. Dengue was transported from Mexico like that some years back due to lack of precaution.

1 Like

Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by delishpot: 1:18pm On Jul 17, 2014
Malakh: No worry Isaiah has something for you Asians and unclean abominable eaters

Ok o, na ya mouth o, bruce lee online. Na ya mouth and ya fingers and ya mb so, type awayyyyyy. Lol.
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by ChristineC: 1:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
What kind of joke is this?
They better compensate the owner since its no smuggling or risk settling the matter in court
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Hempe(m): 1:20pm On Jul 17, 2014
The snails should be taken to Sambisa forest[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by OLADIMEHJI(m): 1:24pm On Jul 17, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
Because some people don't eat red meat and they avoid chicken all together to lower their fat intake. Everyone knows what he or she wants in a food ( some to avoid health issues and some to maintain their structure).
With all these foreign yeye policies, it's still over there they die mysteriously through different diseases that we have not even heard before now transfer it to Africa through our porous borders. Then label it "African disease".
Re: Giant Nigerian Snails Seized And Destroyed At Los Angeles Airport. by Malakh: 1:25pm On Jul 17, 2014
delishpot:

Ok o, na ya mouth o, bruce lee online. Na ya mouth and ya fingers and ya mb so, type awayyyyyy. Lol.
no be talk am, if you like make you eat alangba, Na your wahala be that, I've done my job, now u r without excuse

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boston Bombing Culprits Found (PHOTOS) - Photos Now Known As Inaccurate / President Nana Akufo-Addo Sleeping At Russia-Africa Summit (Video, Photos) / Governor Eric Greitens Arrested After Circulating Nude Photos Of Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.