Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander (5283 Views)

2015 Toyota War: Camry Vs Corolla Vs Avensis (2015) / 2013 Nissan Altima VS Toyota Camry VS Honda Accord (Pics), What Is Your Pick? / Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander by 100ksalescom(m): 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hello Nairalanders please i'm caught up between 2 cars if i am going for a sedan.

If am going for a sedan: Toyota Camry 2004/2005 and Nissan Sentra 2006/2007
If am going for an SUV : Toyota Rav4 2004/2005 and Mitsubishi Outlander 2004/2005

Car gurus and dealers which would you recommend, your honest and unbiased recommendation would help alot.

Thanks

1 Share

Re: Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander by Chynx(m): 2:32pm On Jul 16, 2014
Depending on what you want from a vehicle...
Toyota vehicles are known for their ruggedity and durability; but often have less fanciful interior designs...as in dashboard gadgets.

I will pick a Rav4 anytime! The mitsubishi outlander is completely outmatched in this particular case.

Asper the sedans; go for the camry. Never mind that this spec is often referred to as "big for nothing" by some haters but your 247 mobility is of utmost importance here.

I never knew automobile peace of mind until I settled for a regular toyota vehicle. This is not to say that other vehicles can't serve you well, but you have to look at maintenance, spare parts availability and second hand value.

Most toyota vehicles can be resold quicker and more valued than their counterparts...here in Nigeria. Check out all four vehicles you mentioned and see which ones would be easily sold after many years of service.

NB: The way and manner with which you handle any automobile is directly proportional to its ability to serve you well.
Re: Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander by abatically(m): 7:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
Why would someone buy a Nissan sentra over a Toyota Camry. Nissan sentra is a 1.8 liter sub compact car (except the SE-R model that carries a 2.5L engine.) 2006 Camry on the other hand is a mid size family car that comes with 2.4 L I4 or 3.0 L v6. In fact the only area Nissan sentra beats Camry is in terms of fuel economy which is very very negligible .

2004/2005 Camry has the following advantages over a 2006 Nissan sentra

1. Camry interior is better, even though it is called big for nothing, the materials used are still superior to the sentra.

2. Leg room: Camry has more legroom , the entire cabin of the sentra is very crampy and leg room is almost non existent in the back.

3. Camry is faster and performs better. There is even a v6 option which performs better than the SE-R model to sentra ( and I'm sure op is considering the 1.8L model).

4. Front seat of sentra is very uncomfortable compared to the Camry.

5. Toyota reliability which cannot be taken away. Also high second hand value. @op, if u have a family don't even look the way of the sentra, its too tight in the cabin.

The only condition I would recommend the sentra is when lots of city driving is required because it gets a little more mpg than the Camry. And also if u feel like u want to drive something different, something not too common at a good price.

1 Like

Re: Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander by 100ksalescom(m): 11:31am On Jul 17, 2014
Thanks all, i'm not really a fan of Toyota because its too common sad but friends have been pushing me towards the Toyota brand now. I'm still single though so leg room might not be of too much importance here and its just for city driving(Lagos)

I do appreciate. Although the sentra is still calling my heart grin

Ill wait for more reviews.
Re: Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander by sultaan(m): 3:36am On Jul 18, 2014
100ksalescom: Thanks all, i'm not really a fan of Toyota because its too common sad but friends have been pushing me towards the Toyota brand now. I'm still single though so leg room might not be of too much importance here and its just for city driving(Lagos)

The RAV and Outlander might be your best option hers but I will pick the outlander which is cheaper and just as reliable won't attract thieves I can't justify paying N200k+ more on a rav although they are both cuv now you may also look at the Escape CRV Equinox and Liberty.

Don't consider fuel economy because it will likely take years to recoup the initial cost This means if you pay 100K more for the RAV and it only cost 1000 more to fuel a Outlander buy the Mitsubishi all that wonderful thing they say about Toyota can be confirmed by going through the firs 3 pages of the forum
Re: Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander by gazmann(m): 7:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
100ksalescom: Thanks all, i'm not really a fan of Toyota because its too common sad but friends have been pushing me towards the Toyota brand now. I'm still single though so leg room might not be of too much importance here and its just for city driving(Lagos)

@ Toyota common . Bro that's why I choose outlander of a truth its more beautiful than rav 4 of its year. Car like drive and sets you apart all mits plant are currently in japan top quality OEM parts and reliable. Call me if you choose outlander got one. Wifey got a CRV while we waited
Re: Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 15, 2014

which did you finally go for?
Re: Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander by 100ksalescom(m): 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2014
Bossforeva: which did you finally go for?

Outlander Sir grin
Re: Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander by ivoryhouse(m): 6:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
Good one
Re: Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander by nurey(m): 7:28am On Sep 16, 2014
100ksalescom:

Outlander Sir grin

I am happy people are seeing that any car can be as reliable as toyota
Re: Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander by 100ksalescom(m): 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
nurey:

Toyota People will never believe when you tell them that a car is almost as good as the owners maintenance.

Never been a toyota fan. undecided
Re: Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander by emergency2: 10:20pm On Sep 02, 2015
Sir, up till now, how is your outlander fairing?

Any serious issues about the SUV

Ifeoluwa
Re: Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander by phnibeogu: 9:12pm On Jan 16, 2020
nurey:

what do u think of 2010/11 outlander
Re: Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander by nurey(m): 10:03pm On Jan 16, 2020
phnibeogu:

very beautiful and reliable if well taken care of
Re: Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander by radautoworks: 11:04pm On Jan 16, 2020
phnibeogu:

Run
Re: Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander by phnibeogu: 8:29am On Jan 18, 2020
radautoworks:

Run
tell me about it. what's the issue
Re: Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander by dicksonadams(m): 8:49am On Jan 18, 2020
phnibeogu:

tell me about it. what's the issue

Guy run first
Re: Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 18, 2020
Re: Camry Vs Sentra And Rav4 Vs Outlander by phnibeogu: 10:10am On Jan 19, 2020
dicksonadams:

Guy run first

every car has issues. tell me the issue with outlanders? bad engine? costly parts. bad electrical? bad legs or steering. bad gearbox? unavailable parts? if it's none of these. there's no reason to be afraid

(1) (Reply)

Your Worst Okada Experience? / What Car Should I Get? (1.5M, 23 Year Old) / God Saved My Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.