Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Your Worst Okada Experience? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Worst Okada Experience? (5281 Views)

Truck Falls On Okada At Oshodi-Apapa Expressway (Photos) / Okada-Man, Student Crushed By Trailer In Benue (Graphic Photos) / Okada Rider's Head Bursts Open As He Collides With Containers In Lagos (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Worst Okada Experience? by Ruq: 12:15am On May 27, 2010
It started as i was going to ma grannies place na so i carry bike along Gbobi side where them they arrange bones.
Thank God the Okada wasn't speeding i was on the bike thinking about my life Suddenly it almost ended!!!

The bike just fell off Gboa!!! i heard. at first i couldn't tell what happened my head was on the floor then i saw a Danfo(commercial bus) coming with the tyre directly where my head was then i realized i had fallen,sharp sharp i jumped off the road with pains allover the only good thing was i didn't pay the guy but the pain was more than the money.The pain was like over 3weeks.Going back i took another one then that one was speeding like.[size=14pt]Mad![/size] immediately i told the  guy please i just fell off one that i don't want to die young! but i got home safely praise be to God!
But this na naija now. you can't stop something because of one reason i still climb! but i pray before climbing

So if you gat any experience pls share!!

Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by tanimz(f): 12:18am On May 27, 2010
grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Nobody: 12:44am On May 27, 2010
Had a meeting on the island. Walked out of the office only 15 minutes to the time to confront the brutal-est gridlock ever. Stopped a bike with a hausa man steering, mounted and the following happened mid way thru the journey. . .

Okada Man (OM): Oga take heliment
Arkinses, Fine boy inside suit (FBIS): Mschew! Guy face road jare
OM: Oga, asay take heliment na
FBIS: Woh! Face where you dey carry me go jare, I don late
OM: Oga asay take heliment or I nor dey go again
FBIS: Fine, stop me then, I nor go pay you shishi
OM: eh? You no go pay me my money? Oya I say take this helimenti now and sit down or else I go punish you
FBIS: (Forehead begining to dampen + trembling voice) Wetin you talk?
OM: I SAY SIT DOWN NOW AND TAKE THIS HELIMENT OR ELSE I GO PUNISH YOU
FBIS: (now sweating profusely) Ok, I use allah beg you, I dey go meeting and I don late, no worry LASTMA nor go stop us
OM: MY FRIEND TAKE THIS HELIMENT NOW!

a few seconds later, FBIS was sporting a yellow plastic face cap, cursing silently
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Ruq: 12:51am On May 27, 2010
arkinses:

Had a meeting on the island. Walked out of the office only 15 minutes to the time to confront the brutal-est gridlock ever. Stopped a bike with a hausa man steering, mounted and the following happened mid way thru the journey. . .

OM: eh? You no go pay me my money? Oya I say take this helimenti now and sit down or else I go punish you
FBIS: (now sweating profusely) Ok, I use allah beg you, I dey go meeting and I don late, no worry LASTMA nor go stop us

a few seconds later, FBIS was sporting a yellow plastic face cap, cursing silently

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by mamagee3(f): 12:53am On May 27, 2010
Are you guys for real? grin grin
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Ruq: 1:33am On May 27, 2010
For shizzy!
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by kodylicky(f): 9:33am On May 27, 2010
u guys are really funny

@arkinses
see u forming fyne boi for okada guy lol
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by 190: 12:29pm On May 27, 2010
ive never entered bike all my life~
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by otokx(m): 12:31pm On May 27, 2010
but why the guy no want to enter helmet?
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by osifred(m): 12:38pm On May 27, 2010
i dont do okada am sure i will fall of cos it being long. my advice 9ja should ban dat stuff to some extent. even country like ghana has achieved dat feat
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by milkan05(m): 12:48pm On May 27, 2010
I enter one bike from VI to Marina. Getting to Onikan, the guy just branch as if he was going to Obalende. Na im I hala for the guy say na Marina I call for am. Can you imagine that the aboki swore that i said Obalende? He said over his dead body that he would not take me to any marina o!!!

Since I was feeling irritated and obstinate on the day, I refused to drop from the bike and the guy actually started going round obalende in circles not minding his fuel! I so wanted to burst his head wide open but i was in suit and hard my corporate tie on.  So i continued the ride till we saw one military man who intervened.

Bottom line?  

I still had to drop at Obalende and the f-r-e-a-k-i-n-g stupid 'molla (mallam, aboki or hausa dan iska)' had his way and wasted my time. Though I did not pay him, I was so infuriated that i wished i had a gun. angry angry angry angry

Got to the office angry and could not do jack again. angry
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Ak4ril(m): 12:51pm On May 27, 2010
osifred:

i dont do okada am sure i will fall of cos it being long. my advice 9ja should ban dat stuff to some extent. even country like ghana has achieved dat feat

I'm sure the traffic in Ghana is not up to 1/3 of traffic we face in Lagos.
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by axeman85(m): 1:01pm On May 27, 2010
interesting post.

1: tooke bike from ogba to berger and from ogba to ikeja gra side. interesting ride. i like the speed as i hate bikes going slow. as the essence of taking bikes is to get to where you are going on time and to avoid build up of traffic. never had bad experience before. and i pray i dont.
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Ak4ril(m): 1:07pm On May 27, 2010
milkan05:

I enter one bike from VI to Marina. Getting to Onikan, the guy just branch as if he was going to Obalende. Na im I hala for the guy say na Marina I call for am. Can you imagine that the aboki swore that i said Obalende? He said over his dead body that he would not take me to any marina o!!!

Since I was feeling irritated and obstinate on the day, I refused to drop from the bike and the guy actually started going round obalende in circles not minding his fuel! I so wanted to burst his head wide open but i was in suit and hard my corporate tie on.  So i continued the ride till we saw one military man who intervened.

Bottom line?  

I still had to drop at Obalende and the f-r-e-a-k-i-n-g silly 'molla (mallam, aboki or hausa dan iska)' had his way and wasted my time. Though I did not pay him, I was so infuriated that i wished i had a gun. angry angry angry angry

Got to the office angry and could not do jack again. angry

Guy, I'll advise you don't take bikes ridden by those mallams, they're a serious pain in the butt. Only God saved my life one day on Toyin st. by Oceanic, @ Ikeja, the mallam suddenly hit his brakes in front of a speeding vehicle coming 4rm behind 4 no reason, I was lucky that the woman quickly swerved off the road and bashed another vehicle by the road side.  the mallam having known what he has done fled the spot immediately. I lost my breadth for some seconds b4 I could say anything. Thank God I was saved on that day, although I still take bikes, I pray & caution the rider as much as possible.
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by boomii(f): 1:08pm On May 27, 2010
It was a sunny day in Cross -River so I told the bike where I was going to only for him to crash into a volvo that was trying to do U-turn.

Long story short,had a fracture in the femur,some stitches on the head and other injuries.had an operation

Still recovering from the shock,some weeks later they banned bikes in Calabar

Since then I swore never to go near Okada
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by milkan05(m): 1:28pm On May 27, 2010
Ak4ril:

Guy, I'll advise you don't take bikes ridden by those mallams, they're a serious pain in the butt. Only God saved my life one day on Toyin st. by Oceanic, @ Ikeja, the mallam suddenly hit his brakes in front of a speeding vehicle coming 4rm behind 4 no reason, I was lucky that the woman quickly swerved off the road and bashed another vehicle by the road side.  the mallam having known what he has done fled the spot immediately. I lost my breadth for some seconds b4 I could say anything. Thank God I was saved on that day, although I still take bikes, I pray & caution the rider as much as possible.

Thank u o ma broda!! itz just that the traffic condition in lagos is mad!!
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by babsmii(m): 1:38pm On May 27, 2010
my kinda job requires i take bikes cos in the absence of the driver and i need to attend to customers, i have to find a faster means of moving, ive had serious dangerous experiences but i still thank my good LORD for his journey mercies and protection. i tend to take the ''aboki'' riden okadas cos they're cheaper and they even take you if they don't know where you're going which makes you decide the amount to pay but i think i need to stop that and take caution,
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by DeepSoul(f): 1:45pm On May 27, 2010
It was a rainy morning. Woke up really late for work. Took a bike from Lekki (3rd roundabout) to VI.
Right after Civic Centre on Ozumba Mbadiwe, the bike man tried to apply his "brakes" in a bid to avoid a collision with a lunatic who was trying to beat the red light.

Next thing I saw was myself rolling on the floor right in the middle of Lekki Expressway. Okada man managed to jump away somehow
I still find it hard to believe there was no oncoming vehicle in the about 30seconds my body uncontrollably rolled on the floor.
I was just so dazed, because it all happened in a flash. People rushed over to me, asking if I needed to go to the hospital and all.

Still in my haze and daze, I just shook my head and flagged down another okada who took me to the office.

And then to crown it all, the rain intensified and I was soaked from head to toe.
I didnt mind tho. I was glad to be alive to get beaten by the rain smiley
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by milkan05(m): 1:49pm On May 27, 2010
@deep soul, lucky you.
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by osifred(m): 1:52pm On May 27, 2010
Ak4ril:

I'm sure the traffic in Ghana is not up to 1/3 of traffic we face in Lagos.

my good friend okada cannt solve d traffc problem in lagos it only add to it. after all there is suppose to more traffic in new york city than in lagos bt d govrmt solve d problem with the intervention of okada
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by kemisuga(f): 2:21pm On May 27, 2010
Dont worry you will soon forget about your experiences as Fashola is planning to barn commercial okada riders in some parts of Lagos. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by SmashingM(f): 2:22pm On May 27, 2010
I went out one afternoon wearing a skirt. I climbed okada and since my legs were on both sides of the bike, i was vulnerable to this lunatic who pretended as if he was rubbing his waist and sunked his hands into my pants. Thank God i wore pants that day. I've never abused someone like i abused him that day. Girls beware!
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by yusuf2(m): 2:41pm On May 27, 2010
i was charlie Boy's first passenger, D Dude nearly got me killed
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 27, 2010
Around feb 2008 i took a bike (steered by one mallo) na im we begin dey go oh! before i could say "jack the mallam", na inside gutter i fall yakata.

the sad thing was i was going for a meeting around ikeja, but the good part of it was that i was still in surulere so the guy had to take me back home to go and shower and clothes ( both of us stained and smelling of konk muddy stuff.

It wasnt really the guys fault as a danfo stopped in front of us and the front sit passenger just opend the door (vooow), the sad thing is the lady just waka go without even saying anything (probably she took off) because na beat i for beat her wey she sef go take enter gutter.
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 27, 2010
Around feb 2008 i took a bike (steered by one mallo) na im we begin dey go oh! before i could say "jack the mallam", na inside gutter i fall yakata.

the sad thing was i was going for a meeting around ikeja, but the good part of it was that i was still in surulere so the guy had to take me back home to go and shower and clothes ( both of us stained and smelling of konk muddy stuff.

It wasnt really the guys fault as a danfo stopped in front of us and the front sit passenger just opend the door (vooow), the sad thing is the lady just waka go without even saying anything (probably she took off) because na beat i for beat her wey she sef go take enter gutter.
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Ruq: 3:46pm On May 27, 2010
SmashingM:

I went out one afternoon wearing a skirt. I climbed okada and since my legs were on both sides of the bike, i was vulnerable to this lunatic who pretended as if he was rubbing his waist and sunked his hands into my pants. Thank God i wore pants that day. I've never abused someone like i abused him that day. Girls beware!
that must be awful
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by shadrach77: 4:52pm On May 27, 2010
arkinses:

grin grin
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 4:56pm On May 27, 2010
nice thread
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Ranoscky(m): 5:14pm On May 27, 2010
@arkinses & @talknafree - omo ehn . . . LWKMD grin grin grin
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by tunnytox(m): 6:14pm On May 27, 2010
talknafree:

ROTFLMAO!!! grin grin grin, I'm sorry I just can't stop laughing
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by Newest: 6:28pm On May 27, 2010
Na Cash cux my own oo, when we reach where i dey go on that faithful Monday morning.
where no reach make this guy collect 50naira for, na him, him talk sey him tell me sey na
70Naira, and that day my pocket dry like mad, na him i say make i do like Lagosian ooo,na him i give the guy 1 small slap sey make him stop to dey embarrass me,pepz ya all need to see how this guy started raking for me, my eyes shu shocked shocked shocked
this guy insult me ennnnnn?, the guy dey draw my trouser like sey i thief,u no how Police dey handle criminal nah, i no no wen i give am my last doo wey i dey protect b4, when this shame wan dey too much for me, cuz people don dey look sey watin dey happen there,

That day was a very bad day for me, cuxz i took that (Annoyance) to the office
Re: Your Worst Okada Experience? by keskule: 7:03pm On May 27, 2010
u don ever see where person enter okada go do wedding b4?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Possible Causes Of Car Brain Box Failure? / Serpentine Belt Failure / Toyota Corolla Balloon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.