Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture (5550 Views)

Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? / FIFA Releases World Cup Golden Ball Nominees / So, Why Didn't Enyeama Dive For That Messi's Freekick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by scribe2000(m): 2:22pm On Jul 16, 2014
Please look at the picture below and tell me why Messi doesn't deserve the golden ball. Zidane and Forlan did much less. Yet no one complained.

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by acenazt: 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
Stoooo Peeeeed OP. How on earth will you compare zidane and messi? SMH Zidane Single Handedly Destroyed one of The Best Brazilian side I have Known to Qualify his Nation for the World Cup Final. And even at the Final he was a thorn in Italy's flesh until Materazzi found a way to Mess things up for one of the Greatest Footballers in history. Messi Just don't deserve that golden ball Rodriguez did far more better.

2 Likes

Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by scribe2000(m): 3:28pm On Jul 16, 2014
acenazt: Stoooo Peeeeed OP. How on earth will you compare zidane and messi? SMH Zidane Single Handedly Destroyed one of The Best Brazilian side I have Known to Qualify his Nation for the World Cup Final. And even at the Final he was a thorn in Italy's flesh until Materazzi found a way to Mess things up for one of the Greatest Footballers in history. Messi Just don't deserve that golden ball Rodriguez did far more better.

Silly comment. Very! !
Pundits are only waiting for Mess to win the world cup before they elevate him to the elite level occupied by Pele and Maradona, and you are here talking about Zidane.
And Apart from those 6 goals, what else did Rodriguez do? Your hate won't let you acknowledge the obvious!

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by acenazt: 3:42pm On Jul 16, 2014
scribe2000:

Silly comment. Very! !
Pundits are only waiting for Mess to win the world cup before they elevate him to the elite level occupied by Pele and Maradona, and you are here talking about Zidane.
And Apart from those 6 goals, what else did Rodriguez do? Your hate won't let you acknowledge the obvious!
well sorry Bross He is very unlucky. He was 2 more world cups to play before he runs out of Mojo. Can he level maradona n pele?

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by jaytee01(m): 4:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
scribe2000:

Silly comment. Very! !
Take cold water, bros. You are the only one displaying hate here. Why did you not show your measurement parameters for all the examples listed before proceeding to conclude that Messi did enough to win the award. There is no need to be insolent here. Even Messi's compatriot, Maradona , a football great, has said that he did not deserve the award. Most people on the planet believe so too. Just hold your peace and let it pass.

2 Likes

Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by missdebs(f): 4:27pm On Jul 16, 2014
haters will remain haters.....dem for give c.ronaldo

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by timbros(m): 4:56pm On Jul 16, 2014
scribe2000: Please look at the picture below and tell me why Messi doesn't deserve the golden ball. Zidane and Forlan did much less. Yet no one complained.

See how biased you are.

Why did you just put only the goals and assist of Zidane and Forlan? Do you know how many MOTM Zidane got enroute to the final? Can you compare Messi's through pass to Zidane's? Or is it pass accuracy? Dribbles? Ball control? Na wao...

Bros go do more research, come back and give us a detailed stats of those 3 players in the respective World Cups they won golden ball. Then, and only then can we compare and contrast.

3 Likes

Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by yorex2011: 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
I prefer messi to Zidane tho.. Messi to me is a phenomenon to watch.... Doesn't matter to me if he deserves it ir not.. Dem don give am, dem don give am... Shikena

But zizou na still bros sha o..
Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:10pm On Jul 16, 2014
jaytee01: Take cold water, bros. You are the only one displaying hate here. Why did you not show your measurement parameters for all the examples listed before proceeding to conclude that Messi did enough to win the award. There is no need to be insolent here. Even Messi's compatriot, Maradona , a football great, has said that he did not deserve the award. Most people on the planet believe so too. Just hold your peace and let it pass.
Are you minding this funny people. I guess he did not watch Zidane in 2006 World Cup, if not he would not post this nonsense. Zidane killed a Brazilian side that were the defending Champions and had Super talents that make you wonder how Brazil could have all those kind of players in one team.

Ronaldo Da Lima, Kaka, Robinho, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Gilberto Silva, Roberto Carlos, Ze Roberto, Cicinho, Juan etc

Zidane destroyed them. Zidane personally destroyed the young up and coming Tiki Taka side of Spain. His amazing display against Portugal with Figo and co. was classic. These were knock out games. Games Messi disappeared and flopped in.

2 Likes

Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:33pm On Jul 16, 2014
scribe2000:

Silly comment.
Watch these and comment if Messi's World Cup performances in 2014 World Cup can be compared to Zidane in 2006.

Zidane vs Spain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvPCMgDPu70

Zidane vs Portugal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7BYZrIpFL0

Zidane vs Brazil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNxDze0Ggag
Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:13am On Jul 17, 2014
scribe2000:

Silly comment. Very! !
It is not most goals Forlan and Rodriguez did. There was magic in their goals. Forlan's goals were jaw dropping. Watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuPb0Q-8cZc

James Rodriguez was the most amazing player at the World Cup. Watch his goals here and tell me Messi was better even after playing two extra games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLex5Xnr9ds

Note James Rodriguez was not only the highest goal scorer. He had two assists and Three man of the match performances.
Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by timbros(m): 7:20am On Jul 17, 2014
Why are you showing OP all those clips? I gave him a homework and here you are giving him all the expos.

Let him do the research and come back here and correct that rubbish he posted above.

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by timbros(m): 7:26am On Jul 17, 2014
I vividly remember how Cicinho and Robinho flocked around Zidane like a big bros after half time whistle in that Brazil vs France...

I don't know what they were discussing but from Cicinho's gesture and the look on his face, he was talking about a deadly through pass Zizou did in the first half.

Amazing!
Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by Koolmexxi(m): 7:38am On Jul 17, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: It is not most goals Forlan and Rodriguez did. There was magic in their goals. Forlan's goals were jaw dropping. Watch this.

James Rodriguez was the most amazing player at the World Cup. Watch his goals here and tell me Messi was better even after playing two extra games.

Note James Rodriguez was not only the highest goal scorer. He had two assists and Three man of the match performances.

I was actually paying attention until u mentioned James Rodriguez being d most amazing player at d world cup. U must really hate Messi.
Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by scribe2000(m): 9:38am On Jul 17, 2014
timbros: Why are you showing OP all those clips? I gave him a homework and here you are giving him all the expos.
Let him do the research and come back here and correct that rubbish he posted above.
thegoodjoehunt: It is not most goals Forlan and Rodriguez did. There was magic in their goals. Forlan's goals were jaw dropping. Watch this.

thegoodjoehunt: Watch these and comment if Messi's World Cup performances in 2014 World Cup can be compared to Zidane in 2006.
Zidane vs Spain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvPCMgDPu70
Zidane vs Portugal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7BYZrIpFL0
Zidane vs Brazil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNxDze0Ggag
thegoodjoehunt: Are you minding this funny people. I guess he did not watch Zidane in 2006 World Cup, if not he would not post this nonsense. Zidane killed a Brazilian side that were the defending Champions and had Super talents that make you wonder how Brazil could have all those kind of players in one team.

Ronaldo Da Lima, Kaka, Robinho, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Gilberto Silva, Roberto Carlos, Ze Roberto, Cicinho, Juan etc

Zidane destroyed them. Zidane personally destroyed the young up and coming Tiki Taka side of Spain. His amazing display against Portugal with Figo and co. was classic. These were knock out games. Games Messi disappeared and flopped in.

I give up on all of you guys. You are now comparing Zidane to Messi?
When Messi is being compared to Pele and Maradona, you guys are dragging Zidane into it, with funny clips to back up things. Funny!
Has anyone ever heard of the same guys in the same sentence with Zidane? Zidane belongs to the rest of the "good footballers", but not to that exclusive group of Maradona, Pele, and maybe (WHEN he wins the world cup), MESSI.

For now, I give up on you guys. No need continuing this argument. Hate Messi all you can...He remains the best thing that happened to football in the past 25 years!

And yes, he still has his golden ball from a world cup...and a well deserved one at that!!! Haters can go and...

And hey, he is not done yet, Expect more laurels to come his way. Just watch and see.

I'm off this argument. Enjoy your hatred on the little genius guys...
Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by timbros(m): 10:51am On Jul 17, 2014
scribe2000:

When Messi is being compared to Pele and Maradona, you guys are dragging Zidane into it, with funny clips to back up things. Funny!
Has anyone ever heard of the same guys in the same sentence with Zidane? Zidane belongs to the rest of the "good footballers", but not to that exclusive group of Maradona, Pele, and maybe (WHEN he wins the world cup), MESSI.

For now, I give up on you guys. No need continuing this argument. Hate Messi all you can...He remains the best thing that happened to football in the past 25 years!

And yes, he still has his golden ball from a world cup...and a well deserved one at that!!! Haters can go and...

And hey, he is not done yet, Expect more laurels to come his way. Just watch and see.

@bolded:

One question. Just one question for you.

What did Maradona (a member of that exclusive group) say about Messi winning the golden ball?

If you can't answer that, go and hide your face in shame.

2 Likes

Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by scribe2000(m): 11:14am On Jul 17, 2014
timbros:

@bolded:

One question. Just one question for you.

What did Maradona (a member of that exclusive group) say about Messi winning the golden ball?

If you can't answer that, go and hide your face in shame.

First tell me what Maradona has to say about Pele, or what Pele himself has said about Maradona. Nothing very complimentary. Truth is, members of that club don't love one another and would like no one else to join. It's human nature, and Maradona's comments on Messi simply reflect this. But the rest of world know the truth.
Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by timbros(m): 1:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
scribe2000:

First tell me what Maradona has to say about Pele, or what Pele himself has said about Maradona. Nothing very complimentary. Truth is, members of that club don't love one another and would like no one else to join. It's human nature, and Maradona's comments on Messi simply reflect this. But the rest of world know the truth.

Chai, sorry.

Thats all I can say.

If you, for a nano second, think your view in any football issue is valid than Maradona's, all I can tell you is sorry.

2 Likes

Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by scribe2000(m): 1:39pm On Jul 17, 2014
timbros:

Chai, sorry.

Thats all I can say.

If you, for a nano second, think your view in any football issue is valid than Maradona's, all I can tell you is sorry.

The sorry should be for yourself my dear, for failing to look beyond your hatred on a gifted footballer and instead dwelling on pure denial.
Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by timbros(m): 1:55pm On Jul 17, 2014
scribe2000:

The sorry should be for yourself my dear, for failing to look beyond your hatred on a gifted footballer and instead dwelling on pure denial.

Hatred? Sorry, how old are you?

So because I don't agree with you means I hate Messi? OK do you hate Muller or Robben? Because I think any of them should have taken the golden ball. Now if you disagree with me, then you have hatred for them.

This is Maradona's interview below, in case you haven't read it. If you think he is the sentimental type, pay close attention to the bolded part at the ending part of the article...

Argentina icon Diego Maradona feels Lionel Messi did not deserve to win the Golden Ball following his performances at the World Cup.

The Barcelona star beat the likes of Thomas Muller, Arjen Robben and James Rodriguez to the prestigious individual award after scoring four goals in seven performances at this summer's tournament and guiding his team to the final, yet Maradona feels the 27-year-old only won it for commercial reasons.

"Messi? I would give him heaven if possible," Maradona said during his show on Telesur.

"But it's not right when someone wins something that he shouldn't have won just because of some marketing plan."

Maradona then went on to voice his disappointment with Argentina's 1-0 defeat in Sunday's final against Germany following Mario Gotze's goal in extra-time.

"I feel sorry for my country. Mario Gotze's goal really hurt. There's a huge sadness in my heart that we lost the final.

"All things put together, I think Argentina deserved at least penalties. That Germany won was the result of a misunderstanding in the Argentine defence."

The 1986 World Cup winner also had his say on Alejandro Sabella's decision to replace Ezequiel Lavezzi with Sergio Aguero at half-time and argued that the Argentina boss got things wrong.

"I don't understand the substitution of Lavezzi. He was phenomenal down the wing. Kun Aguero didn't have the same impact. It was not his tournament."

Remember that Aguero is his inlaw. If Maradona is sentimental, he will never make this comment.

Maradona says things exactly the way it is.

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
scribe2000:

Messi was fortunate to play with Barca when their mid fielders operated at a level of invincibility. Look at the International performance of his team mates, Two Euros and a World Cup.

Messi never performed at his club level on international grounds.

We are not comparing Zidane and Messi. We are comparing Zidane's World Cup performance in 2006 to Messi's World Cup performance in 2014.

You posted the meme above. That was not about Zidane and Messi's career. Messi did not operate on his Barca's peak level. Messi was not even as good as James Rodriguez or ROBben at the last World Cup.

Zidane was Magical in 2006. Messi was not magical in 2014.

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:12pm On Jul 17, 2014
scribe2000:

First of all, Maradona is Messi's number one fan. He was screaming how great Messi will become in 2005. Maradona came himself to support Messi in that final game against Nigeria.

So do not think Maradona criticised the Golden ball because he hates Messi. That is a lie.

Also many people criticising the Golden ball award do not hate Messi. Messi is the most loved footballer on the planet. People are just against the way he was wrongly given an award. There was no need for that. Without a World Cup or a Golden ball from the World cup, Messi name would have still been great. The Golden ball to Messi was wrong.
Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by scribe2000(m): 10:23pm On Jul 17, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Messi was fortunate to play with Barca when their mid fielders operated at a level of invincibility. Look at the International performance of his team mates, Two Euros and a World Cup.

Messi never performed at his club level on international grounds.

We are not comparing Zidane and Messi. We are comparing Zidane's World Cup performance in 2006 to Messi's World Cup performance in 2014.

You posted the meme above. That was not about Zidane and Medal's career. Messi did not operate on his Barca's peak level. Messi was not even as good as James Rodriguez or ROBben at the last World Cup.

Zidane was Magical in 2006. Messi was not.

You cannot, in all honesty and good conscience, tell me that Rodriguez and Robben were better than Messi at this last WC. On what Criteria? Messi had the most dribbles, created the most chances, had the most man-of-the-match performances, sored 4 and assisted 1. None of thise guys was well rounded in all these parameters.
You can say that Messi did not live up to his own very high standards and you may be right. But it does not mean the others were better.

And the pic above was not to compare Messi and Zidane or Forlan. It is to compare his award to others, which were awarded with much less achievements and yet no one talked. Even a below-par Messi in 2014 was better than those 2 guys up there in 2006 and 2010.

And hey, Messi was not fortunate to play with thise guys in Barca. Those guys WERE FORTUNATE TO PLAY WITH MESSI!!! He is the main man in Barca, and this is the FACT, take it or leave it.

I suggest you leave this argument. You can't win it. The facts on the pics above speak for themselves. Posting videos would not help. If you look for messi's videos (even from the WC alone), Nairaland would close down again from the number of uploadings alone.

Have some rest buddy.
Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by scribe2000(m): 10:30pm On Jul 17, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: First of all, Maradona is Messi's number one fan. He was screaming how great Messi will become in 2005. Maradona came himself to support Messi in that final game against Nigeria.

So do not think Maradona criticised the Golden ball because he hates Messi. That is a lie.

Also many people criticising the Golden ball award do not hate Messi. Messi is the most loved footballer on the planet. People are just against the way he was wrongly given an award. There was no need for that. Without a World Cup or a Golden ball from the World cup, Messi name would have still been great. The Golden ball to Messi was wrong.

Most people criticizing Messi's award only judge by focusing on one aspect. Putting Rodriguez as a deserving winner is only because he scored the most goals. He already has an award for that. But the golden ball is not for the highest scorer! Messi was the most rounded player in the WC.

And Maradona's comments were only his opinion. I believe he is the greatest player of all time (better than Pele), but he is not the greatest Match Analyst of all time. His views are purely that, His, and should not be quoted as an Authoritative one.
And he does not hate Messi, he only hates the idea of someone matching his own achievements, and unfortunately, Messi poses that threat.

Hope you rest now buddy. I've got other things to do...
Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by scribe2000(m): 10:35pm On Jul 17, 2014
timbros:

Hatred? Sorry, how old are you?

So because I don't agree with you means I hate Messi? OK do you hate Muller or Robben? Because I think any of them should have taken the golden ball. Now if you disagree with me, then you have hatred for them.

This is Maradona's interview below, in case you haven't read it. If you think he is the sentimental type, pay close attention to the bolded part at the ending part of the article...

Remember that Aguero is his inlaw. If Maradona is sentimental, he will never make this comment.

Maradona says things exactly the way it is.

Wanna know my age? Just add 10 to yours and you will get mine.

Back to the topic, I have already addressed the issues raised on another of your friend's post. Here was my response. And please, I am tired of all this. Let's all take some deep breathes, and chill with something cold. No one here will convince another, but the facts on the pic above will be there to convince hate-free minds that the Golden Ball in WC 2014 went to the deserving winner.

"...Most people criticizing Messi's award only judge by focusing on one aspect. Putting Rodriguez as a deserving winner is only because he scored the most goals. He already has an award for that. But the golden ball is not for the highest scorer! Messi was the most rounded player in the WC.

And Maradona's comments were only his opinion. I believe he is the greatest player of all time (better than Pele), but he is not the greatest Match Analyst of all time. His views are purely that, His, and should not be quoted as an Authoritative one.
And he does not hate Messi, he only hates the idea of someone matching his own achievements, and unfortunately, Messi poses that threat.

Hope you rest now buddy. I've got other things to do..."

(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:42pm On Jul 17, 2014
scribe2000:

Most people criticizing Messi's award only judge by focusing on one aspect. Putting Rodriguez as a deserving winner is only because he scored the most goals. He already has an award for that. But the golden ball is not for the highest scorer! Messi was the most rounded player in the WC.

[b]Was Messi the most rounded player? That meme of yours, picked stats that favored Messi. For instance, Messi did not have the highest amount of through passes in that World Cup and then the meme puts the most accurate though passes. What of Mascherano who had high tackles, interception and recovered balls?

Messi was not the creative players with he most tackles. Oscar was. Now they say the attacker with the most tackles. An attacker should be rated by the goals and assists he creates, not tackles.

Messi did not have the most crosses in the World Cup, ROBben had the most crosses. So they say most chance created. Which was hyped up by Messi taken lots of corners.

Don't you see fraud written all over this Golden ball of Messi?

Do it the usual away, select the most outstanding and breath taking player of the World Cup. Leave all this round about tricks. If they go the normal route, it would never have been Messi.

Why must the pattern of things be changed to favor Messi. Before, in a World Cup year, Either the Golden ball winner or a key member of the winning World Cup side takes the World Player of the year. Because of Messi in 2010, it was changed so he can win back to back world best titles.

Now brilliant mind blowing performance always wins the world cup golden ball. Because of Messi, we are having the most rounded player in different stats. I do not buy their fraud. Not even Messi's number one fan buys it.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:47pm On Jul 17, 2014
scribe2000:

Messi played in a more striking role than James Rodriguez. Yet, James Rodriguez not only scored more goals than Messi (6 goals in 5 games while scored 4 goals in 7 games), James Rodriguez had more assists in fewer games, that is (2 assists in 5 games while Messi had 1 assists in 7 games).

James Rodriguez had 3 Man Of the Matches while Messi had 4 man of the matches. There is no debate, James Rodriguez was better than Messi at the World Cup. Even Messi's number one fan Maradona said it should have been James Rodriguez.

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:50pm On Jul 17, 2014
scribe2000:

Maradona loves Messi and always called Messi the best. He even wants Messi at Bayern with Guardiola so that he can continue breaking records.

So do not think Maradona is for a second jealous of Messi.
Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by scribe2000(m): 12:02am On Jul 18, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Maradona loves Messi and always called Messi the best. He even wants Messi at Bayern with Guardiola so that he can continue breaking records.
So do not think Maradona is for a second jealous of Messi.
thegoodjoehunt: [b]Was Messi the most rounded player? That meme of yours, picked stats that favored Messi. For instance, Messi did not have the highest amount of through passes in that World Cup and then the meme puts the most accurate though pass. What of Mascherano who had high tackles, interception and recovered balls?
Messi was not the creative players with he most tackles. Oscar was. Now they say the attacker with the most tackles. An attacker should be rated by the goals and assists he create, not tackles.
Messi did not have the most crosses in the World Cup, ROBben had the most crosses. So they say most chance created. Which was hyped up by Mess I taken lots of corners.
Do it the usual away, select the most outstanding and breath taking player of the World Cup. Leave all this round about tricks. If they go the normal route, it would never have been Messi.
Why must the pattern of things be changed to favor Messi. Before, in a World Cup year, Either the Golden ball winner or a key member of the winning World Cup side takes the World Player of the year. Because of Messi, it was changed so he can win back to back world best titles.
Now brilliant mind blowing performance always wins the world cup. Because of Messi, we are having the most rounded player in different stats. I do not buy their fraud. Not even Messi's number one fan buys it.[/b]
thegoodjoehunt: [b]Was Messi the most rounded player? That meme of yours, picked stats that favored Messi. For instance, Messi did not have the highest amount of through passes in that World Cup and then the meme puts the most accurate though pass. What of Mascherano who had high tackles, interception and recovered balls?

Messi was not the creative players with he most tackles. Oscar was. Now they say the attacker with the most tackles. An attacker should be rated by the goals and assists he create, not tackles.

Messi did not have the most crosses in the World Cup, ROBben had the most crosses. So they say most chance created. Which was hyped up by Mess I taken lots of corners.

Why must the pattern of things be changed to favor Messi. Before, in a World Cup year, Either the Golden ball winner or a key member of the winning World Cup side takes the World Player of the year. Because of Messi, it was changed so he can win back to back world best titles.

Now brilliant mind blowing performance always wins the world cup. Because of Messi, we are having the most rounded player in different stats. I do not buy their fraud. Not even Messi's number one fan buys it.[/b]

You are bent on propagating this hate-fuelled argument. Okay. Please let's call it a day. Messi has his award...for life.
I'm outta here, and this time, its final.
So long...
Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:33am On Jul 18, 2014
scribe2000:

You are bent on propagating this hate-fuelled argument. Okay. Please let's call it a day. Messi has his award...for life.
I'm outta here, and this time, its final.
So long...
If you feel justifying a wrongly given award is love, then you are wrong.

It is just like encouraging a child to cheat in class to make good grades. That is not love because you are preventing the child from trying to get better.
Re: Evidence That Messi Deserves The Golden Ball: Picture by yoji: 5:11am On Jul 18, 2014
It surprised FIFA president Sepp Blatter and Maradona claimed it was a marketing stunt, but now one of the men responsible for awarding Lionel Messi with the World Cup's Golden Ball has explained the decision. And it sounds pretty reasonable.The winner of the award was decided by FIFA's Technical Study Group and after days of debate and theorizing, former Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier, a member of the group, has explained the reasoning behind the choice. He told Le Monde (via ESPN):"I understand that it has surprised, because everyone only remembers the second half of Lionel Messi in the final. We, the commission, we look at all the games, and we judge that he was the most important man for his team. He went to the final, which is one of the conditions for the attribution of the trophy," the ex-Liverpool and Aston Villa boss explained."Moreover, Messi was more than decisive in the first four games. In the semifinal against the Netherlands, he took the first penalty and scored. The analysis also takes into account the fact he was the captain of a united team. A team that played well together. That's something we hadn't seen for a long time from Argentina. He was more than key in the squad and the way it was set up. For me, he fully deserves the Golden Ball given he took his team through to the final."Messi scored four goals in Argentina's first three matches and set up Angel Di Maria's winner in the round of 16. He played a quieter role in the later rounds, but Houllier argued that the Netherlands' Arjen Robben, widely regarded as a top candidate for the award, "didn't carry so much weight with the team." Houllier also reasoned that Colombia's James Rodriguez, who won the Golden Boot as the tournament's top scorer, didn't make it far enough to be considered (Colombia were eliminated by Brazil in the quarterfinals).Houllier did say that Di Maria would have been "a very serious contender" had he not suffered a thigh injury in the quarterfinals that ended his tournament. But Messi's closest competitor for the award was Germany's Thomas Muller, who scored five goals for the World Cup winners. The Frenchman believes that Messi had the better tournament on the whole and was more vital to Argentina's success than Muller was to Germany's, though.So that's the explanation/cover story for giving Messi the 2014 World Cup's Golden Boot award. Maradona will surely be revising his conspiracy theories shortly.
James shone cos he came in as an unknown. As soon as he announced his quality with the goal vs Uruguay, the Brazilians took note and marked and fouled him out of the tournament. So u can imagine what messi ha to cope with from the onset.
Robben had a similar record to messi in not scoring in his last 3 games but messi made it to the final while robben dove his way to the third place match. So what's the fuss about robben. Same way d dutch marked out messi, the argies marked out robben.
Muller is a victim of the perfection of the team he played for. He was just as useful as his other teammates and you get the impression German won have still won the world cup without him after all Marco reus didn't even make it. Most of his goals too came at the group stage as his only knock out phase goal came against a Brazil that even kheidera scored 2 against.
The nature of the German team makes it almost unfair to other members of the team to pick one person.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk Football Pools Result And Information / FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa / Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.