Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,956 members, 7,863,396 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:03 PM

Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs - Art, Graphics & Video (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs (114176 Views)

Photographers: Which Camera Will Give Me Blur Effect / These Photographers Will Do Anything To Get The Perfect Shot / Professional Nigerian Photographers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by UjSizzle(f): 9:01am On Mar 12, 2016
HyDef:

That oil rig picture is epic. Great shot.
*curtsies* cheesy
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by SmooshCHN: 9:16am On Mar 12, 2016
UjSizzle:
What is this thing?
They're all very nice.. That's 360camera right?
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by UjSizzle(f): 11:14am On Mar 12, 2016
SmooshCHN:
They're all very nice.. That's 360camera right?
Yeah, 360 Sight smiley

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by SmooshCHN: 12:51pm On Mar 12, 2016
Feeling the Autumn smiley

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Feraz(m): 11:48am On Mar 13, 2016
The other is an oil rig! Naptu2, any reason why it was brought there?

UjSizzle:
#yesfilter! grin

I loooove dramatic effects
You too have a picture of UBA headquarters. . . cheesy

The one I took of it sometime back. . . I've uploaded it before though. . .

naturefellow:
Feraz is evidently still in the north! Judging from the grass photos :-)
I'm still in the North but the picture was taken somewhere in Anambra state in February!

SmooshCHN:
This is nice
Arigatou gozaimasu!

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by naptu2: 12:12pm On Mar 13, 2016
Feraz:
The other is an oil rig! Naptu2, any reason why it was brought there?

It's one of two reasons.

1) A few companies that repair and maintain oil rigs have set up in the Lagos area in recent years (Ladol, Nigerdock, etc), so you sometimes see oil rigs that are being repaired in the Elegbeta Channel (Marina), but I don't think that's the case here. I think it's the second reason.

2) There's an oil services company called Seawolf that was established in 2007. Many people saw it as a nigerian champion in the oil services industry. They owned three oil rigs and drilling equipment and people thought that they would go a long way in boosting the local content of our oil industry.

Then came allegations that the promoters of the company had squandered its resources. The company was financed by loans from nigerian banks, including First Bank, which seized some of their oil rigs. I think that oil rig in the picture is one of the seized oil rigs.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by fashrola(m): 7:47am On Mar 14, 2016
Phone: BlackBerry Passport

1. Sunset at Gulf of Guinea (HDR)
2. Caterpillar Main engine
3. Oil rig (With Filter)
4. View from the weather deck (HDR)

3 Likes

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Mustay(m): 11:49am On Mar 14, 2016
naptu2:

It's one of two reasons.

1) A few companies that repair and maintain oil rigs have set up in the Lagos area in recent years (Ladol, Nigerdock, etc), so you sometimes see oil rigs that are being repaired in the Elegbeta Channel (Marina), but I don't think that's the case here. I think it's the second reason.

2) There's an oil services company called Seawolf that was established in 2007. Many people saw it as a nigerian champion in the oil services industry. They owned three oil rigs and drilling equipment and people thought that they would go a long way in boosting the local content of our oil industry.
^^^

EkoIle1:
http://nationalmirroronline.net/business/business-and-finance/19244.html

The Nigerian Ports Authority has said that the presence of an oil rig around the Marina waterfront in Lagos is neither for oil drilling nor any other sinister motive, but for maintenance at Nigerdock Shipyard, located on the Snake Island.

There have been wide speculations as to whether oil drilling activities were to commence in the Lagos area, following the appearance of a massive oil rig, which is rare in the area, but more common around the seaports in the South -South part of Nigeria, especially at Onne Ports, where oil exploration is common. General Manager in charge of Marine and Operations of NPA, Captain Ebubeogu Ihenacho, who spoke in a telephone interview, noted that contrary to insinuations, the oil facility came to the waterfront with the permission of the authority, as it needed the NPA’s tug boat to bring it in from the high seas.

According to him, the oil rig, which is undergoing some maintenance works at Nigerdock Plc, an indigenously owned shipyard, however had to berth at the Marina waterfront since the depth of the channel at the shipyard could not take the facility. ‘Apart from that, the facility needs to sit on a 10-metre semi-submersible barge for any maintenance work to be done on it in addition to a sheltered place, both conditions which make the waterfront most suitable for it’, the NPA marine and operations boss argued. It was further gathered that the offshore oil facility, which sailed into Nigeria from Equatorial Guinea, was handled by an indigenous freight forwarding firm, Talod Oceanair Freight Nigeria Limited in terms of logistics and documentation

It is probably against the backdrop of these basic facts that the seemingly surreptitious presence of a rig on the Lagos lagoon and uncomfortably close to residential homes and work places has generated grave concern from residents. Experts say such a huge piece of steel and possibly toxic chemical-laden equipment poses danger not only to the environment, but also to landmark national monuments and buildings such as the Cathedral Church of Christ, National Post Office, old Federal Ministry of Justice, Lagos General Hospital, the old State House, Lagos House, the official residence of the Lagos State governor and the Muson Centre.

According to sources the rig arrived Lagos from Equatorial Guinea for repairs at the expansive Niger Dock. It is, however, unknown if an environmental assessment impact was carried out before the oil rig was moved to the Lagos Marina either with or without the apparent knowledge of the many relevant government regulatory agencies such as the Federal Ministry of Environment, NESREA, LASEPA, Nigeria Ports Authority, National Inland Waterways Authority, Lagos Inland Waterways Authority, Nigerian Navy, State Security Service, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation and the Department of Petroleum Resources.

The source who disclosed that the oil rig (a 65th rig 140), which is said to belong to the world’s largest offshore drilling contractor, Transocean, was not sure who granted the permit to Nigerdock to repair oil rigs at the Lagos Marina. He also gave no clear answer as to or perhaps, why the relevant government agencies could not inform the general public about the presence of the oil rig on the Lagos Marina.

he also gave no clear answer as to the nature, scope and duration of repair works. Mr. Kehinde Johnson, a Lagos-based environmental expert, described the development as stoking danger with both hands. Johnson, who wondered over the measures put in place to dispose of toxic wastes arising from the repairs, noted that the environment and the lagoon would be worse off if the rig’s effluent and solid waste is dumped directly into the Lagoon, an arrangement he fears was never considered before the rig was moved in.

But if Johnson’s posers send fever shocks to the bone marrow, the rude discovery that the privatised multi-billion naira Niger Dock Dry-dock facility along the Apapa Coast, where such major repairs should have taken place, was leased out to oil marketing companies for the storage of petroleum products, would surely raise temperatures.

While the company tried to latch unto the local content policy of the Federal Government to justify the rig repair works by a ‘local company’ in the Lagos Marina, investigations revealed that despite the substantial beautification project embarked upon by the Lagos State Government, the entire stretch of the Marina shoreline is still presently littered with abandoned derelict vessels.

As obtained in all coastal cities around the world, a marine sight offers scenic and therapeutic effect for tourists and other nature-loving persons, but this has been in danger for months as the effects would linger for a long time to come. This is the reason many Lagosians, such as Johnson, are still at a loss over who granted the company the right to lodge the rig or whether the Niger Dock workyard also extends to the Lagos lagoon.

While work had already started at the rig with its aquatic environmental dangers at the time of filling this report, environmental experts including the likes of Johnson, call on the Lagos State Government and environmental regulatory agencies at Federal and state levels to effect immediate removal of the rig and cause a mandatory environmental audit to determine the extent of damage to the aquatic environment that could have occurred following its presence at the lagoon. From the famous Elephant House in Broad Street, Lagos, the rig could be sighted on the Lagoon.

For several months now, running into years, according to Saka Idowu, a resident of Ebute- Ero, the lagoon weather conditions and body water have since changed though not many people could notice what he described as slow, but steady change.

While it could not be ascertained whether or not this is traceable to the activities around the rig in the lagoon, most residents like Idowu are apprehensive of the aftermath of the exercise on the lagoon and surrounding neighbourhood and ask how much longer they would continue to sight the rig, which they say evokes water pollution fears.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/rig-of-danger-on-lagos-lagoon/

https://www.nairaland.com/2059657/oil-rig-marina-photos

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by UjSizzle(f): 12:15pm On Mar 14, 2016
This is what my Lumia pouch looks like cheesy
(taken with my L620. Edited with Camera360)

*** Feraz did you eventually solve your 930 issue? And when did you finally get it? grin

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Feraz(m): 12:34pm On Mar 14, 2016
UjSizzle:
This is what my Lumia pouch looks like cheesy
(taken with my L620. Edited with Camera360)

*** Feraz did you eventually solve your 930 issue? And when did you finally get it? grin
I couldn't solve it. Looked up solutions online and it turns out I have to hard reset (something I have already ruled out since the inception of the problem). So I think I'll wait till the final version is out, then I'll reinstall it. Got it January 2 this year. grin
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by naturefellow(m): 12:35pm On Mar 14, 2016
M
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by UjSizzle(f): 1:36pm On Mar 14, 2016
Feraz:
I couldn't solve it. Looked up solutions online and it turns out I have to hard reset (something I have already ruled out since the inception of the problem). So I think I'll wait till the final version is out, then I'll reinstall it. Got it January 2 this year. grin
When my phone had the same issue over an update, I had to let it reboot itself (I think overheating helped with that.) Afterwards I just realized the thing updated when the WiFi connection was strong enough-- or the phone's wahala probably ended itself.

Meanwhile I've been looking at photos taken with the Lumia 950 and 950xl on instagram and I'm droooooling grin

Colour?
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Feraz(m): 1:45pm On Mar 14, 2016
UjSizzle:

When my phone had the same issue over an update, I had to let it reboot itself (I think overheating helped with that.) Afterwards I just realized the thing updated when the WiFi connection was strong enough-- or the phone's wahala probably ended itself.

Meanwhile I've been looking at photos taken with the Lumia 950 and 950xl on instagram and I'm droooooling grin

Colour?
Orange. . . embarassed

The bolded, I badly wanted the phone I had to take a survey of where you can win with Microsoft. grin Turns out I didn't win. . . cry
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by UjSizzle(f): 3:44pm On Mar 14, 2016
Feraz:
Orange. . . embarassed

The bolded, I badly wanted the phone I had to take a survey of where you can win with Microsoft. grin Turns out I didn't win. . . cry
Lol! Na so the phone dey do you? grin
The only issue I have with the phone is the size.
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Joeyy(m): 7:44pm On Mar 14, 2016
I miss this thread. I wish i can get my hands on a dslr.
Naturefellow, smooshchn, Victoriousvic, feraz, ujsizzle and co, i dey hail una.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by UjSizzle(f): 7:56pm On Mar 14, 2016
Joeyy:
Howdy!

The thread says 'mobile' photographers.
Use your phone smiley
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Joeyy(m): 8:08pm On Mar 14, 2016
UjSizzle:

Howdy!

The thread says 'mobile' photographers.
Use your phone smiley
Thanks! No inspiration tho.
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
In a cup of loneliness, I sailed a thousand seas.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 14, 2016
Joeyy:
Howdy brother!
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by naptu2: 8:56pm On Mar 14, 2016
Mustay:

^^^

https://www.nairaland.com/2059657/oil-rig-marina-photos

Yeah, I saw that oil rig back then (2011), but that's a different oil rig (it was closer to State House than the one that's currently there). This particular platform was seized from Seawolf by First Bank.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/firstbank-seizes-seawolfs-rigs-over-n25bn-debt/

www.nairaland.com/2059657/oil-rig-marina-photos (read this thread to the end)

http://thenationonlineng.net/oil-workers-dare-amcon-over-n3b-payment/

Sorry, I only just saw your mention.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by HyDef(m): 10:07pm On Mar 14, 2016
Victoriousvic:

Beautiful! grin

Sun is going down...

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by SmooshCHN: 2:38am On Mar 15, 2016
Joeyy:
I see you Bro. No need to wait for DSLR. Just keep it going with your everyday phone pictures smiley
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by SmooshCHN: 2:40am On Mar 15, 2016
Victoriousvic:
Great composition. I love it. cool
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by fashrola(m): 11:04am On Mar 15, 2016
I didn't know about Snapseed until SmooshCHN informed me about it... the App is awesome.... I'm even thinking of deleting Camera360 sef

All these pix were edited with Snapseed.... just playing with the sliders to get what I really wanted...

1. Vessel Static Towing
2. View from the weather deck
3. Channel View grin
4. Barbecue

All these pix were resized with Photoresizer in case you wanna save the pictures.. the quality and size has been distorted

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by youngelder(m): 4:21pm On Mar 15, 2016
a picture of absolute nothing-ness...

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by SmooshCHN: 5:25pm On Mar 15, 2016
I didn't want to upload this. I went a little extra with this picture. I posted it before but now with something extra.

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 15, 2016
HyDef:

Beautiful! grin
Sun is going down...
SmooshCHN:
Great composition. I love it. cool
Thanks guys!

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by UjSizzle(f): 10:14pm On Mar 15, 2016
Was taking this shot when a security guy walks up to me with a menacing stare and goes, "why you taking our photos without permission?" And I'm like, "I'm actually interested in the building, not you." grin

*Seems I've developed a thing for architecture these days*

3 Likes

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by SmooshCHN: 3:10pm On Mar 16, 2016
fashrola:
I didn't know about Snapseed until SmooshCHN informed me about it... the App is awesome.... I'm even thinking of deleting Camera360 sef

All these pix were edited with Snapseed.... just playing with the sliders to get what I really wanted...

1. Vessel Static Towing
2. View from the weather deck
3. Barbecue grin
4. Channel View

All these pix were resized with Photoresizer in case you wanna save the pictures.. the quality and size has been distorted

Explore it's full use. Why did you choose to resize with Another app? Is there a secret to that?
I just dey envy your everyday view of the sea.
One tip though, always make the horizon line as straight as possible. Like the 1st and 3rd picture should be like the second picture. It'll make it more realistic
Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by fashrola(m): 11:41pm On Mar 16, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Explore it's full use. Why did you choose to resize with Another app? Is there a secret to that?
I just dey envy your everyday view of the sea.
One tip though, always make the horizon line as straight as possible. Like the 1st and 3rd picture should be like the second picture. It'll make it more realistic

Thanks for the tips though... I resized the pix to upload it on nairaland, cos each of the pix is about 2MB, how do I make the horizon line straight? Is it a tweak on snapseed? Or how I position my fone camera?

1 Like

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by HyDef(m): 12:12am On Mar 17, 2016
fashrola:

Thanks for the tips though... I resized the pix to upload it on nairaland, cos each of the pix is about 2MB, how do I make the horizon line straight? Is it a tweak on snapseed? Or how I position my fone camera?

It's how you position your camera (although most editing apps come with an adjust option to straighten askew pictures). The border between the water and the sky in the 2nd picture is perfectly horizontal. Just try for that in most of your pictures.

SmooshCHN, thank you so much for introducing Snapseed. Very powerful, very easy to use as well. Look what I did with it!

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs by fashrola(m): 12:31am On Mar 17, 2016
HyDef:

It's how you position your camera (although most editing apps come with an adjust option to straighten askew pictures). The border between the water and the sky in the 2nd picture is perfectly horizontal. Just try for that in most of your pictures.

SmooshCHN, thank you so much for introducing Snapseed. Very powerful, very easy to use as well. Look what I did with it!

Oh now I understand... a vessel does not stay in one position, she is influenced with some external force hence it pitches, rolls, yaws or rolls

When I took that shot, the vessel was rolling excessively due the condition of the sea at that time... sometimes you can't get a perfect shot when the sea is rough except you use DSLR Camera to capture the moment.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (44) (Reply)

Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge / Nairaland Portfolio For Logo Designers / Black Art (painting Only Please!) :D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.