Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Osun: APC Asks Court To Stop Jonathan From Deploying Troops - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun: APC Asks Court To Stop Jonathan From Deploying Troops (1100 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister / Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers / Breaking: Court Urged To Stop Jonathan From Running (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun: APC Asks Court To Stop Jonathan From Deploying Troops by maasoap(m): 7:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
THE All Progressives Congress (APC) has asked a
Federal High Court in Lagos to stop President
Goodluck Jonathan from deploying troop for the
purpose of security during the August 9
governorship election in Osun State.
In a suit no FJC/L/CS/1108/1, the plaintiff is
asking the court for “a declaration that by the
provisions of the constitution of the Federal
Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as ammended), it is
ultra vires for the president to deploy members of
the armed forces to Osun State for the purpose of
the conduct of the governorship election scheduled
to hold on August 9.”
Consequently, the plaintiff was requesting for an
order restraining the president from deploying
soldiers to Osun during the election.
President Goodluck Jonathan and the Attorney
General of the Federation are the defendants.
Besides, the party is asking the court to grant its
reliefs, including costs of filing the suit should the
two defendants fail to enter an appearance within
the next 30 days.
According to the originating summons in the suit
taken on behalf of the plaintiff by M.A Banire &
Associates, the chambers of the national legal
adviser of APC, Dr Muiz Banire, the suit was
brought pursuant to order 3, rules 1, 6 and 9 of the
FHC (civil procedure) rules 2009; sections 217 of
the 1999 Constitution, as amended.
No hearing date has been fixed for the hearing.
Re: Osun: APC Asks Court To Stop Jonathan From Deploying Troops by brownlords: 7:29pm On Jul 16, 2014
APC / Tinubu rigging election since 1892.

What are they afraid of?

2 Likes

Re: Osun: APC Asks Court To Stop Jonathan From Deploying Troops by maasoap(m): 7:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
As long as soldiers don't prevent me from exercising my civic responsibility, no wahala.

3 Likes

Re: Osun: APC Asks Court To Stop Jonathan From Deploying Troops by ogb5(m): 8:10pm On Jul 16, 2014
APC are afraid of free and fair election grin

No court can stop the deployment of troops to prevent rigging. APC better think of how to win the election without rigging. The army was deployed in Edo state yet Oshomole won because he was able to sell himself

If the sitting APC governor can not use his achievements in the 4 yrs he has been there to get the people to vote for him, then he should prepare to vacate office next month.

4 Likes

Re: Osun: APC Asks Court To Stop Jonathan From Deploying Troops by Dasini: 8:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
Why soldiers, seems these people(PDP) are using them for a purpose, it is constitutionally wrong for army to be drafted for electoral reasons. Mr. President didn't draft soldiers during anambra polls, because he believes his interest was protected, why osun and ekiti? This man is definately on a do or die mission to win coming presidential election. Bt what this guy doesn't understand is, people wil nt vote based on Governor of a state. Wen people voted him in lagos in the last election, it was ACN that was in power there. So jona shud stop deceiving himself, he myt just get the biggest shock of his life come nxt election.
Re: Osun: APC Asks Court To Stop Jonathan From Deploying Troops by PointB: 8:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
Even if APC win, it will be nothing but a Pyrrhic victory.

The President doesn't have to deploy soldiers to provide security during election, but he could deploy them for 'unspecified' exercise to any part of the country at any point in time. He is the commander-in-chief, stu--pid! grin cheesy
Re: Osun: APC Asks Court To Stop Jonathan From Deploying Troops by Goddex: 8:19pm On Jul 16, 2014
[size=20pt]APC are planning to rig.
We all know our Police can easily be bought over.
Security must be fortified. Rigging and snatching of ballot boxes must be prevented
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Osun: APC Asks Court To Stop Jonathan From Deploying Troops by maasoap(m): 8:31pm On Jul 16, 2014
Dasini: Why soldiers, seems these people(PDP) are using them for a purpose, it is constitutionally wrong for army to be drafted for electoral reasons. Mr. President didn't draft soldiers during anambra polls, because he believes his interest was protected, why osun and ekiti? This man is definately on a do or die mission to win coming presidential election. Bt what this guy doesn't understand is, people wil nt vote based on Governor of a state. Wen people voted him in lagos in the last election, it was ACN that was in power there. So jona shud stop deceiving himself, he myt just get the biggest shock of his life come nxt election.
You have a point there. Number of state governors doesn't determine the party that people will vote for in presidential election, GEJ is unsellable.
Re: Osun: APC Asks Court To Stop Jonathan From Deploying Troops by samoks(m): 9:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
Why is APC afraid of soldiers? Did the people of Ekiti protest the victory/defeat of Fayose/Fayemi? If the people's choice was not reflected in the result released by INEC, I believe they would have protested.

Did soldiers cart away the ballot boxes? It is crystal clear that the APC want to rig this election.

Do you want to know why? They use thugs and hoodlums to intimidate voters. For example, during the 2011 governorship election in Lagos, in Ojuelegba area of Surulere, Lagos, area boys (Tinubu/Fashola) boys were all there, they told every voters what to expect.

Let me quote them, because I was there in person.... They said in Yoruba: "if you know you do not want to vote for ACN, just turn back and go home, or else, you will be dealt with"
I simply turned and went home, I didn't vote that day.
Police men were there, and they did nothing.

So I strongly believe this is what they plan to do. Or do they have any evidence to proof that soldiers prevented eligible voters from casting their votes?

3 Likes

Re: Osun: APC Asks Court To Stop Jonathan From Deploying Troops by oskopy: 12:58am On Jul 17, 2014
This apc power mongers bent on destroying nigeria, but they will die one after the other

2 Likes

Re: Osun: APC Asks Court To Stop Jonathan From Deploying Troops by aljharem(m): 1:16am On Jul 17, 2014
samoks: Why is APC afraid of soldiers? Did the people of Ekiti protest the victory/defeat of Fayose/Fayemi? If the people's choice was not reflected in the result released by INEC, I believe they would have protested.
Did soldiers cart away the ballot boxes? It is crystal clear that the APC want to rig this election.
Do you want to know why? They use thugs and hoodlums to intimidate voters. For example, during the 2011 governorship election in Lagos, in Ojuelegba area of Surulere, Lagos, area boys (Tinubu/Fashola) boys were all there, they told every voters what to expect.
Let me quote them, because I was there in person.... They said in Yoruba: "if you know you do not want to vote for ACN, just turn back and go home, or else, you will be dealt with"
I simply turned and went home, I didn't vote that day.
Police men were there, and they did nothing.
So I strongly believe this is what they plan to do. Or do they have any evidence to proof that soldiers prevented eligible voters from casting their votes?

Gbammmm same happened at Isale Gangan

In fact with APC government, more area boys are now everywhere, most Lagos big boys now are touts

1 Like

Re: Osun: APC Asks Court To Stop Jonathan From Deploying Troops by bloodykiller: 6:49am On Jul 17, 2014
so they can rig.

yeye dey ooze

why panicking

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Good News, Oyo State: Alao-akala Rice Has Landed! [PHOTO] / Former Education Minister, Oby Ezekwesilli Called Out On Twitter By Her Follower / 10-year-old, 2 Others Arrested With Explosives In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.