Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators (3560 Views)

This HUGE Rat Bigger Than A Dog Was Found Near A Children’s Playground / Help Me With Breed Of My Dog.(pics Included). / My Friends Dog Was Humping On Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 16, 2014
I allowed my security dog (terrorist) to roam the streets just once because he was restless. I waited and he had not returned till evening. When I went to look for him, I asked around and heard that they saw some people beating a dog. I ran in the direction and saw the bloodied body of terrorist lying in a pool of his own blood. He had been stoned to death.
When I asked what happened, they said he killed and ate some fowls belonging to a woman. And she gathered her sons and they beat him with sticks and stoned him. One of them was injured.
I reported to the police to arrest them, but they just laughed and said,"oga this your case funny oo but ee no go get head" they just ate my money and refused to do anything.
Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by remsonik(f): 11:13pm On Jul 16, 2014
krall: I allowed my security dog (terrorist) to roam the streets just once because he was restless. I waited and he had not returned till evening. When I went to look for him, I asked around and heard that they saw some people beating a dog. I ran in the direction and saw the bloodied body of terrorist lying in a pool of his own blood. He had been stoned to death.
When I asked what happened, they said he killed and ate some fowls belonging to a woman. And she gathered her sons and they beat him with sticks and stoned him. One of them was injured.
I reported to the police to arrest them, but they just laughed and said,"oga this your case funny oo but ee no go get head" they just ate my money and refused to do anything.
Serves you right!! Next time feed your dog well and put that terrorist on a leash!!

5 Likes

Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 16, 2014
remsonik:
Serves you right!! Next time feed your dog well and put that terrorist on a leash!!
I didn't know you were heartless. He was restless not hungry.
Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by oluomoadebayo: 11:20pm On Jul 16, 2014
krall: I didn't know you were heartless. He was restless not hungry.

It's wrong to let him roam all alone but I'm sorry for your loss. Next tie put him on a leash and go out together.
Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by myads890(m): 11:56pm On Jul 16, 2014
What breed is "terrorist"? If he's a local breed, I'd advice you to locate any calabarian around your area and see if they will be interested in buying the carcass. Na better meat you dey talk about sooo. And make sure you collect the lap of the dog, boil it, add efirin and enjoy with a nice cold bottle of star.

If he's not a local breed, lock up.
Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by Okuda(m): 1:33am On Jul 17, 2014
Hmnm.. this thing you people are taking as a joke is a very serious offence abraod where they value animal life more than human life itself..abroad, you dare not try to kill a bird talkless of a dog, it can warrant jail time of up to 10years. Man, sorry for your loss . You should have taken the dog out with you..thats how its done in advanced countries.. they make sure they take their dogs on walks everyday.. if its not that our police force dont have any head, this case is a very criminal one tanatmount to murder of life.sorry for your loss.
Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by Nobody: 2:29am On Jul 17, 2014
To be candid, you are the one to be sued for endangering the lives of your neighbors by unleashing terrorist on them.

No dog owner should allow a dog on a free-range except in a fenced backyard or indoors.

Agreed, they are also culpable in the way they handled your dog but they could turn around and claim it was in self-defense after being viciously attacked by your " terrorist" and it will be your words against theirs.

Afterall, you weren't there.

1 Like

Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by Eveezy(m): 4:37am On Jul 17, 2014
Oga it is not a crime either here or abroad to defend yourself over something that u percieve as a great threat to u, infact abroad, a owner is responsible for every action that their dog takes, if the dog attacks or kill sumone, the owner serves d punishment for it, nd d dogs might killed, several dogs are kept to sleep even the less aggresive ones abroad jst because their population is so large nd no homes to rehome them. I would blame u, because u let a security that is ofcourse aggresive especially frm d name "terorist"offleash, nd nt jst in your compound, u let it roam freely in your neighbourhood, even if u take this case up, even if it is to world court, u wuld be tagged an "irresponsible owner" nd u wuld only end up putting ursef in trouble by serving jail sentence by being an irresponsible owner. Bt am sorry 4 ur loss, I knw its painfull, I ve also lost a dog "bruno" bt believe me, u cannot do anitin abt dis case, it is baseless, bth here in 9ja nd abroad o
Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by Seun(m): 8:38pm On Jul 17, 2014
The dog killed 3 chickens. If the life of a dog is important then the lives of those chickens were also important. Just let your neighbours know that if they had reported the killing of the chickens to you instead of killing the dog, you would have paid them the full value of the chickens.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
Seun: The dog killed 3 chickens. If the life of a dog is important then the lives of those chickens were also important. Just let your neighbours known that if they had reported the killing of the chickens to you instead of killing the dog, you would have paid them the full value of the chickens.
I have forgiven them. It was bad of me to leave him roaming.
Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by datguru: 8:55pm On Jul 17, 2014
So what do you want us to do now ?
Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 17, 2014
datguru: So what do you want us to do now ?
fry akara for the dogs burial.

1 Like

Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by AdekunleSegun(m): 8:59pm On Jul 17, 2014
You ought to be arrested. what if the dog had injured somebody?
Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by eyenCalabar(m): 9:38pm On Jul 17, 2014
So they just killed your dog like that and did nothing more. Those people must be foolish. cheesy
Sorry for the loss anyway.
Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 17, 2014
AdekunleSegun: You ought to be arrested. what if the dog had injured somebody?
it actually injured one of them as they were killing it. And I am happy about it.

1 Like

Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by Nosyke(m): 10:18pm On Jul 17, 2014
eyenCalabar: So they just killed your dog like that and did nothing more. Those people must be foolish. cheesy
Sorry for the loss anyway.
Mbok, i was going to say that oo, if only it was in Akwa Ibom or cross river, he would not have known what happened to his dog let alone in a pool blood.
You get luck say u see d corpse

Sorry anyway for your loss, i guess you must have learnt hard lessons
Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:32pm On Jul 17, 2014
I've been attacked before by a dog that my neighbour left roaming the street, so I don't find it funny hearing you left your dog to roam the streets. That's reckless endangerment of people. My sympathy is for the dog who was acting instinctively. You deserve a lawsuit for your actions.
Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by JEITO: 10:43pm On Jul 17, 2014
Your dog ate their chickens, they killed your dog. A classic case of 'jungle justice'. Take heart; but let the owners of the dead, go and bury their dead! Case closed!

1 Like

Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 17, 2014
I feel for you,i cnt imagine somone doing it for my dog,d tot sef is angering(dnt mind my language)next time dnt allow ur dog to roam like dat,for solutions,mayb u shld take d case to a higher police statation
Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by pankere(m): 11:35pm On Jul 17, 2014
Sorry for your loss. But its your fault. You let loose your dog and it ate someone's chicken. Imagine if it was someone's kid it attacked. What would you have done? Never let your dog out unattended to. For his sake and yours. And also for others sake.
Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by Allohrandy(m): 12:15am On Jul 18, 2014
Okuda: Hmnm.. this thing you people are taking as a joke is a very serious offence abraod where they value animal life more than human life itself..abroad, you dare not try to kill a bird talkless of a dog, it can warrant jail time of up to 10years. Man, sorry for your loss . You should have taken the dog out with you..thats how its done in advanced countries.. they make sure they take their dogs on walks everyday.. if its not that our police force dont have any head, this case is a very criminal one tanatmount to murder of life.sorry for your loss.
The Nigeria police officers are right in this case. If this occured in the US, The dog killers would not be arrested because they were trying to defend their chickens rather The owner of the dog would be arrested for allowing his dog to roam the street unaccompany and without a leash. Also the owner of the dog would have been sued by his dog killers for the death of their chickens. The owner of the dog is an irresponsible owner and should not own a dog again . What if the dog attack a child or someone. I feel bad for the poor dog because he had an irresponsible owner who don't know how to take care of a dog and I don't blame the villagers for killing his dog because they were trying to protect their livestock

1 Like

Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by eyenCalabar(m): 1:58am On Jul 18, 2014
Nosyke:
Mbok, i was going to say that oo, if only it was in Akwa Ibom or cross river, he would not have known what happened to his dog let alone in a pool blood.
You get luck say u see d corpse

Sorry anyway for your loss, i guess you must have learnt hard lessons

grin
Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by lacicrips(m): 2:58am On Jul 18, 2014
This guy is a pure comedian.

You released a restless terrorist dog on your community unattended. That's what you get.

You're lucky they didn't lynch you too. I guess you're not in Abule-Egba.
Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by adewasco2k(m): 3:06am On Jul 18, 2014
I dont believe this story grin
Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by wharlzywee(m): 4:56am On Jul 18, 2014
What breed is d dog?
Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 18, 2014
wharlzywee: What breed is d dog?
a rott gsd cross I think
Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by wharlzywee(m): 10:08am On Jul 18, 2014
krall: a rott gsd cross I think
ehya sorry 4 d loss.. I once lost a terrier dog last year july , so I know how u feel
Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by SlamDunk(m): 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2014
@ op sorry for your loss, but its solely your fault... For leaving your dog to roam the streets unaccompanied its not done, ok what if it attacks someone and injures him or her? In a country where you think there's nothing wrong in allowing your security dog roam the streets not even its territory where its suppose to be securing, then you should accept whatever happens to him.
Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by guvna(m): 3:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
Thank you for posting this.

U just showed following:

1.) U r a Dunce
2.) U allowed your dog roam the streets without supervision and not being on a leash
3.) U call your dog terrorist
4.) Did I mention that you are a dunce?
5.) It is illogical to go to the police to mention all you have detailed here, without them even putting you under arrest for endangerment of safety of the public.
6.) U r a dunce

1 Like

Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by soulglo: 4:20pm On Jul 18, 2014
guvna: Thank you for posting this.

U just showed following:

1.) U r a Dunce
2.) U allowed your dog roam the streets without supervision and not being on a leash
3.) U call your dog terrorist
4.) Did I mention that you are a dunce?
5.) It is illogical to go to the police to mention all you have detailed here, without them even putting you under arrest for endangerment of safety of the public.
6.) U r a dunce

You repeated number one rotflmao grin grin
Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by opportunist: 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2014
This is wickedness
This is barbaric
This is unforgivable

Wasting such a nutritious animal.
Wish I was @ d scene I would have help “dispose it” cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dog Was Lynched, Police Refused To Arrest The Perpetrators by RipVanWink: 4:00am On Jul 19, 2014
ur dog killed.not 1 nor 2 but 3 mighty chickens....hmmm that ur dog abi terrorist is more bloody thirsty than boko haram...

nezt put ur dog on a leash n walk with it..u r an irresponsible owner....i doubt u even gave the dog anti rabies vaccine while it was alife....i pity the perso.n it bit

(1) (2) (Reply)

Difference Between Husky And Alaskan Malamute / Pets sales and Talks (IG:@Palpaws_ng) / Beauty X Hulk. Shine Boerboels "A" Litter Arrival!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.