Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Suspension: Deadline Expires Today - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Suspension: Deadline Expires Today (640 Views)

Transfer Deadline Latest - Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea..... / Breaking News: Nigeria Beats FIFA Deadline, Maigari ToReturn / Suspension Of The Nigeria Football Federation Provisionally Lifted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspension: Deadline Expires Today by supereagle(m): 5:33am On Jul 17, 2014
Nigeria have been given a July 17 deadline to reinstate the sacked board of the Nigeria Football Federation after FIFA extended it by two days, BBC Sport reports.

But FIFA, which prohibits government intervention in football, suspended the country and originally set a July 15 deadline for elected officials to be reinstated and for the court case to be quashed.

FIFA last week suspended Nigeria from all international football because of alleged government interference.

But the government insists the removal of the NFF board from office was a ruling from a state high court.

It says a new court hearing is required but a judiciary workers’ strike this week has led to it being delayed.

As things stand, Nigeria face exclusion from the Under-20 Women’s World Cup that starts in August in Canada and there is also a threat to the men’s under-17 side’s participation in an African Championship qualifier this weekend.

On Monday, BBC Sport learned the inability of a regional court to hear the case against the NFF was stalling efforts to have it withdrawn or quashed.

Nigeria were also temporarily banned by FIFA after the 2010 World Cup when the country’s President Goodluck Jonathan tried to withdraw the team from international competition until it improved

The Nigeria sports minister is also waiting for a brief from a delegation headed by ex-Fifa executive committee member Amos Adamu that travelled to Brazil to explain the situation of things in the country’s football to FIFA.

“The minister is waiting for feedback from the delegation to Brazil. He needs that before approaching the president who is also waiting for a brief and update,” the official added.

The NFF was dissolved last week and replaced by a sole administrator – a move the government said was essential while legal proceedings against the country’s football authority were ongoing.
http://www.punchng.com/sports/suspension-deadline-expires-today/
Re: Suspension: Deadline Expires Today by hollandis(f): 5:49am On Jul 17, 2014
who cares.Football does not bring unity in Nigeria.So whats the use?The players are so unpatriotic and kept fighting for money .The coach was inept and a bad blooder.Good riddance to bad rubbish.People were watchin a game in Nigeria when members o boko bombed them.So how does football brng unity?
Re: Suspension: Deadline Expires Today by mumu9gerian: 6:06am On Jul 17, 2014
hollandis: who cares.Football does not bring unity in Nigeria.So whats the use?The players are so unpatriotic and kept fighting for money .The coach was inept and a bad blooder.Good riddance to bad rubbish.People were watchin a game in Nigeria when members o boko bombed them.So how does football brng unity?
i thought u don leave nairaland
Re: Suspension: Deadline Expires Today by hollandis(f): 6:16am On Jul 17, 2014
mumu9gerian:
i thought u don leave nairaland
whenever i see an opportunity to bash keshi and mikel ,i knock at nairalands door
Re: Suspension: Deadline Expires Today by Icon4s(m): 6:24am On Jul 17, 2014
hollandis: who cares.Football does not bring unity in Nigeria.So whats the use?The players are so unpatriotic and kept fighting for money .The coach was inept and a bad blooder.Good riddance to bad rubbish.People were watchin a game in Nigeria when members o boko bombed them.So how does football brng unity?
Who cares? I can't believe you said this.
Well I am nt surprised cos u have said u have renounced ur nationality. People like u claim to be Nigerians only when things are good.
Re: Suspension: Deadline Expires Today by mumu9gerian: 6:44am On Jul 17, 2014
hollandis:
whenever i see an opportunity to bash keshi and mikel ,i knock at nairalands door
forgive them na,abi u no dey offend ur bf

(1) (Reply)

Germany Players Mock Argentina But Defended / Reus Set For Arsenal Transfer / Nigeria U-20 Qualify For 2015 African Youth Championship; Walked Over Lesotho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.