Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? (1340 Views)

The Culture Of Wedding Ring And Its Meaning In Nigeria / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own / How Often Do Your Wear Your Wedding Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by TheMatrix3: 7:54am On Jul 17, 2014
So I went to the University football field to play a football match and I peeled my ring and kept it wherever. After the match as I got home I completely forgot about the ring until my wife asked me: Honey where is your ring? " i must have kept it in the car, I'd check it tommorow". well it wasnt in the car or my trousers or sports bag or wherever I thought I kept it. Twasnt my fault was it? well madam tot it was, the house no enter me and her that week ! grin . no be small gbege o! at a point I started asking: whats the big deal in loosing a wedding ring sef? does it always mean that you must have cheated to have removed it or you dont have regards for it? Please share your thoughts and possibly experiences
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by ChrisChino(m): 8:14am On Jul 17, 2014
TheMatrix3: you must have cheated to have removed it or you dont have regards for it
that's the simple truth.
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by MARKone(m): 8:15am On Jul 17, 2014
No big deal. Buy anoda one. If your wife is that sensitive to not seeing the ring around your finger, buy rope, pass it through the ring and wear it round your neck anytime you want to go and play ball.

But guy talk true, wia u 4get d tin.
grin
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by MARKone(m): 8:19am On Jul 17, 2014
ChrisChino:
that's the simple truth.

OP is a Foot Baller cool
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by TheMatrix3: 8:23am On Jul 17, 2014
MARKone: No big deal. Buy anoda one. If your wife is that sensitive to not seeing the ring around your finger, buy rope, pass it through the ring and wear it round your neck anytime you want to go and play ball.

But guy talk true, wia u 4get d tin.
grin

Hehehehe...u be real comedian. Honestly I wish i could do that rope tying thing sef. And for all u bad minded folks, ball is football, not any other ball u bad minds are thinking of grin
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by lokito: 9:14am On Jul 17, 2014
It's imperative you have your ring on o. Girls are not smiling. They'll just retrieve you from your wife like MTN line. Lol

5 Likes

Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by Tallesty1(m): 9:20am On Jul 17, 2014
Well it is a sign that you are married and that your tool is no longer yours alone, but our girls prefer dating men that are wearing rings these days so it is no biggy anymore. Ring or no ring, whats yours is yours.
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by Dygeasy(m): 10:11am On Jul 17, 2014
I'll wear my wedding ring till my death. cool

5 Likes

Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by xynerise: 10:20am On Jul 17, 2014
Dygeasy: I'll wear my wedding ring till my death. cool
Wait until it gets to your finger. It is like wearing wrist watch always grin

1 Like

Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 17, 2014
Okay, Let's say I've got a phobia for rings [I actually do], isn't there any alternative to publicize my married status? undecided
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by Dygeasy(m): 10:30am On Jul 17, 2014
xynerise:
grin

I love wristwatches.

As long as it sends unspoken messages to the 'tiny-legged' that are everywhere. cool
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by xynerise: 10:37am On Jul 17, 2014
Dygeasy: grin

I love wristwatches.

As long as it sends unspoken messages to the 'tiny-legged' that are everywhere. cool
No guarantee tongue
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by TheMatrix3: 11:38am On Jul 17, 2014
Dygeasy: grin

I love wristwatches.

Sorry bro,doesnt guarantee shyit! RINGS ACTUALLY ATTRACTS dem to u. The only thing that holds u back is ur decision not to ask and push further. Besides its nt always comfortable
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 17, 2014
Buy another one. cool
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by Godmystrength: 12:31pm On Jul 17, 2014
Explain what happened to her and try to get another one.

My hubby lost his ring sometime ago and i was wondering how it happened. He got a replacement instead. After some weeks, we discovered that it was a friend who came visiting that stole it. It was a mutual friend that went to the friend's house and was like ''isn't that XXXX's ring (the friend wasn't married so he has no business with a wedding ring). When hubby confronted him, he said he was playing with it and trying to look at something there and he mistakenly took it home. In my mind, i was like thank God i didn't make trouble o.

But having a ring on doesn't even stop the girls/guys coming anyways. Ring or no ring, a cheat is a cheat. So i care less about whether hubby wears it or not.

2 Likes

Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by feminineA: 12:43pm On Jul 17, 2014
lokito: It's imperative you have your ring on o. Girls are not smiling. They'll just retrieve you from your wife like MTN line. Lol

Thats before o. The ring is a guarantee of stable cash for all this desperado. And also a vulnerable man that can be snatched !
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by beeevan: 12:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
Some men remove their rings once they leave the house, so chances of forgetting it wherever is very high, i don't blame your wife for raising a storm.

You are not the only one that plays football, unless you are a pro footballer, people still play with their rings on.
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by beeevan: 12:50pm On Jul 17, 2014
xynerise:

Some one said this to my husband more than half a decade back, but the ring is still there, almost biting into his skin but still there..... undecided.
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2014
Ceasar1: Okay, Let's say I've got a phobia for rings [I actually do], isn't there any alternative to publicize my married status? undecided

Not sure I'll wear one too after marriage. I dont even wear a wristwatch cheesy
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
Godmystrength:

But having a ring on doesn't even stop the girls/guys coming anyways. Ring or no ring, a cheat is a cheat. So i care less about whether hubby wears it or not.

Thank you. cheesy
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by Ngokafor(f): 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
Ceasar1: Okay, Let's say I've got a phobia for rings [I actually do], isn't there any alternative to publicize my married status? undecided

Lol!..
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by afrobaby(f): 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
No biggy, I lost my band some days after my wedding. After thorough search, we decided to buy another one.

That ring thing doesn't scare single ladies or men off again, actually, it calls their attention. Even with my ring, men still approach me, ladies still flirt around my husband especially marketers.

Remember when I was still single, met a guy, with a glittering wedding band, I didn't see the band at first, then out of the blues, he just said, anyways, am Happily married with kids, but that isn't a problem. I like you, and want you to be my g.f, and maybe something more.

The most important thing is TRUST.

1 Like

Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by Lolaabokoku(f): 5:00pm On Jul 17, 2014
Dygeasy: I'll wear my wedding ring till my death. cool
i see Ɣ☺ΰ
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by LerrieJohn(f): 8:00pm On Jul 17, 2014
Big deal or not? It all counts down to the meaning one attaches to the wedding band. Mine for instance has a lot of meaning to me and If I loose it ( cos I take it off every night before going to bed), I would feel very bad. I don't think any other ring will have the same meaning to me.
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by armyofone(m): 8:15pm On Jul 17, 2014
Get a new ring...Make your lady happy.

Must everything be dramatized?

undecided
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by Dygeasy(m): 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2014
Lolaabokoku: i see Ɣ☺ΰ
I sight you respectfully mammy grin

How's my baby? smiley
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by bellong: 9:38pm On Jul 17, 2014
The ring is only an invention of the West to sell jewelleries at all cost. It means and signifies NOTHING.

The last time I wore it was one week after wedding. My finger is free from 'finger-cuff" that inconvenience the hand.
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by Lolaabokoku(f): 10:33pm On Jul 17, 2014
Dygeasy: I sight you respectfully mammy grin

How's my baby? smiley
he is GΦΦd ​
Re: Loosing Your Wedding Ring, What Is The Big Deal? by Nosyke(m): 10:58pm On Jul 17, 2014
I love rings especially the wedding bands. After my wedding, I don't see myself wear that 'cuff' for long oo..i see some married men and their rings are eating into their skin, i am like ma by force.to.wear the ring.?

(1) (Reply)

Great Things Wives Do / Was She Right Or Wrong ???? / Families Sell Albinos To Ritualists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.