Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,157 members, 7,821,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Why Does Queen Ure's Songs Make Me Cry?(pics) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Does Queen Ure's Songs Make Me Cry?(pics) (1773 Views)

My Songs Make Me Cry - Adele / Empress Sosany: I Am Looking For That Man Who Can Make Me Want Sex Every Minute / Cynthia Morgan Takes Queen Ure To The Cleaners! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Queen Ure's Songs Make Me Cry?(pics) by McWhillion(m): 4:15pm On Jul 17, 2014
For those of you who do not know Ure Okezie, she made news quite a few years back when she got “married” to talented music star Soul E. Their union particularly generated a lot of heat because she was 35 years old then while her lover was just 24. They latter parted ways and Soul E is remarried married now. I struck out the remarried because he claims he was never married to her contrary to popular believe.

Ure Okezie was a seasoned banker; she worked with Diamond bank, Zenith bank, Bank Phb and Fin Bank before finally venturing into music. Her stage name is Queen Ure, lest I forget she is an only daughter to Late Dr. J.O.J Okezie, a former Minister of Health.

Now to my bone of contention, have you ever heard any of her songs? Her songs can make one cry. Any time they air her songs on TV, I go like “Na by force to sing?” Go and listen to her song “I’ve found love”, it’s a compilation of beautiful nonsense. Her bad voice is always on auto tune (which makes it worse) and her lyrics are wack. As if that was not enough, she released another video called “Popori”, the only thing wey I dey hear for the song na “ Popori dance, Popori, popori, popori”. My annoyance is fueled by the frequency at which her videos are played on TV.

Normally, I shouldn’t be disturbed given that the Nigerian music industry is currently a rallying point for every Dike and Ure who thinks the art of music making is what should be ventured into when one is bored and want to play a practical joke on music lovers. Most of these poor lyricists and musicians end up just making one or two singles and their music career is gone with the winds. But this Queen Ure, despite her acerbic music rendering, is waxing singles after singles. I wasn’t surprised when I heard she has an album. But for the love of Pete who is buying her album?

Yesterday night, I was shocked again to see another new video by Her Royal Macaroni, Queen Ure. The title of this one is “Kumbasa”, and not surprisingly the only thing I caught from the song is “Kumbasa, Kumbasa, Kumbasa, hen en etc”. What the hell is her problem na, what in heaven’s name is she singing?

Abeg, if you know Queen Ure, tell her to quit seeking attention on TV. Tell her to go back to her banking job or face her charity initiative squarely. Please tell her and Poko Lee Tonto Dike to quit music totally.
No be by force to sing

Re: Why Does Queen Ure's Songs Make Me Cry?(pics) by Tallesty1(m): 4:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
Wetin This Woman Do You?:|

1 Like

Re: Why Does Queen Ure's Songs Make Me Cry?(pics) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
hahahahahaha.... kikikikiki!! Lmao! d person who wrote dis article is hilarious!!lol! kumbasa hav a good message tho! jajahahahaha...

1 Like

Re: Why Does Queen Ure's Songs Make Me Cry?(pics) by Airforce1(m): 9:38pm On Jul 17, 2014
I think sey na only me no like her mumu style of music cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Does Queen Ure's Songs Make Me Cry?(pics) by McWhillion(m): 9:43pm On Jul 17, 2014
Tallesty1: Wetin This Woman Do You?:|
Bro, as in I dey vex for the lady well well.
Re: Why Does Queen Ure's Songs Make Me Cry?(pics) by brethart: 9:45pm On Jul 17, 2014
I think sey Na only me notice ooo....
..the Nigerian music industry is realising its potential has a joke factory.....imagine poko lee.....queen ure......diaris god ooo.....well...AV Neva been a fan of the industry .........

1 Like

Re: Why Does Queen Ure's Songs Make Me Cry?(pics) by TheRealMrStan(m): 9:57pm On Jul 17, 2014
She's beyond horrible...HIP TV always seem to play her music-obviously she knows someone there.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Queen Ure's Songs Make Me Cry?(pics) by McWhillion(m): 10:04pm On Jul 17, 2014
TheRealMrStan: She's beyond horrible...HIP TV always seem to play her music-obviously she knows someone there.
Bro, i tell you the frequency at which are songs are aired annoys me so much.

(1) (Reply)

Empress Njamah Shares Sexy Christmas Photos / Pictures: Northern England Celebrates Xmas In Massive Snow With Weather At -10c / The Inspiring Story Of Timaya: His Struggles And How He Rose To Fame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.