Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids (27209 Views)

Rules Of Football When We Were Kids / Pictures Of Players When They Were Kids / Victor Moses Was Playing Football When He Heard His Parents Had Been Murdered .. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Koolmexxi(m): 7:36pm On Jun 27, 2015
If u were one of the lucky few who owned a video cassette player and a coloured television u don become celebrity b dat. U're guaranteed a spot on any of the teams so dat bois can always com to watch tv/films. Those u like sit on the floor inside the house, others peep from the window. Na those days play b fun... Chaiiii but all of una here don old ooooo
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by emmyojo22(m): 7:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
AnointedG:
op u forget to add "obstruction" grin

during my days we no get field so na for street wey dey stay play ball so whenever a car or any serious looking person wants to pass, we would shout obstruction and wait for d person or car to pass b4 we continue...

anytime my elder brother see say dem wan score us, him go pass so dat we go shout obstruction. him fit dey there do like say him dey comot something for him leg or him wan pick something and him no go pass finish until we reposition.

d tin go dey pain our opponents and dem no go fit shout for am or do anything because all of us small and we love our lives... grin
Na where u go know those guys whey dae claim say na girls dem be
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Yemiseun(m): 7:58pm On Jun 27, 2015
The last set of the day happened to be comedy/testimonial match. We dribble, we run, we laf, Lolz time flies
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by a9nyc2020(m): 8:06pm On Jun 27, 2015
During monkey post games...whoever rakes the ball the highest starts the game 1st and so ON
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by holluikon(m): 8:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
2 goalie keeper I be a 1 and another kid be a 2...... grin wink
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Bonapart(m): 8:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
dorothy111:
During advanced tournaments, the goalkeeper can pick a back pass only after he gives it a touch.
yea... this is my best here
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by habayommy: 8:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
Neduzze5:
O.C...

If the ball pass in between your leg in an O.C game, the players shout O.C!

And start pursuing you to beat you on your back. If you don't touch a wall in time, na better gbege be that for you ooh!! grin

We call this one "KOLO BALL".
There is guy with bow legs, the ball dey always pass through the guy leg o.
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 27, 2015
This thread got my ribs cracking....serious #throwback...nice 1 guys
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by segebobo: 8:33pm On Jun 27, 2015
"Torros" when the ball passes between the legs
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by ikorodureporta: 8:36pm On Jun 27, 2015
Thoz dayz, there were football pitches in almost all the houses in the neighbourhood, but nowadays landlords eyes dey shook....dem don build house everywhere!
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by samdolad(m): 8:37pm On Jun 27, 2015
Na true ooo, wen we wil use bamboo tree as post
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Samuelkirk(m): 8:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
wat abt kolo beating
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by blackmartial(m): 8:47pm On Jun 27, 2015
don't forget OVER STONE and playing penalty with your back heel while backing the post.
Also remember;two captain(I one: I two) and looking out for who will choose the ball valve first, then selection of players will begin amist chorus of "choose me,choose me".
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by asidere(m): 8:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
Those days,there was nothing like foul throw,football was fun,remember Goal to goal,centerly,court 4,boys vs girls football match,monkey post.
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by daclint(m): 8:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
zicoy6k:
u forgot to add 'pass 1 and pass 2' and 'allowance'. Allowance must be given by d opponents durin openin pass or passing after a goal has bin scored. an opponent must not touch d ball be4 pass 1 and pass 2 are complete and pass two must be to who made pass 1.
my man u sabi

1 Like

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by ladyF(f): 9:00pm On Jun 27, 2015
holamiday:
Hardly will a lady know details about 4 post. You are a man.

lmao this is hilarious!!! I am a man because I know 4 post?. U should see me laughing here...
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 27, 2015
ladyF:

lmao this is hilarious!!! I am a man because I know 4 post?. U should see me laughing here...
Yes na. You know it into detail. Explain why grin
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
stano2:

8. If you're picked
last, you're a loser.

10. When the owner
of the ball gets
annoyed,
game over.

13.Any shot over the head
of the goalkeeper is high
goal

14.Also if there was too much argument,
we will throw the ball in
the air, the team that
gets it continues with
the game.

*is it the different in your place
This were the most frequent, cant stop laughing
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by ladyF(f): 9:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
holamiday:
Yes na. You know it into detail. Explain why grin

I'm the only female in my house, guess that explains it. Spent holidays with cousins when we travel, female children were scarce in d family at that time cry so it was boys games most times. grin
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by kinibigdeal(m): 9:16pm On Jun 27, 2015
If the game is about to start and you never do pass 1 pass 2, the opponent can't tackle. grin
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by stanprexy(m): 9:37pm On Jun 27, 2015
Agimor:
How about two corner make one goal.
we still play it here most especially when the players waiting are. much. I like this game die
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by CarterIkonAllah(m): 9:47pm On Jun 27, 2015
stano2:
1. The fat kid was
always the
goalkeeper

2. The owner of the
ball decides who
plays.

3. Penalties
awarded only if
injured player curses
a lot.

4. The match only
ends when
everyone was tired.

5. No matter how
many goals you
score, the
winner will be
determined by the
last team to
score.

6. No referee and
lines men. You could
run with the ball even
behind the goal
post.

7. If you don't
participate in
repairing the ball
you were given a match
ban

8. If you're picked
last, you're a loser.

9. The guy who's
never picked was to
fetch the ball from the tree
when it got stuck,under the
car or tunnel to play in
the next game.

10. When the owner
of the ball gets
annoyed,
game over.

11. You were
allowed to change a
goalkeeper in
case of a penalty.

12. the most skillful
player get
automatic
selection.

goal

the air, the team that
gets it continues with
the game.

15. Also when you score home team,the match would not end untill they equallized.
16. And if your score your elders in a match,stroke of cains await you

1 Like

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by imma2(m): 9:50pm On Jun 27, 2015
When u injure, dare go tell ur mama and papa... cheesy cheesy
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by scarr: 10:02pm On Jun 27, 2015
Winna01:
i love that game till today
broke my front teeth playing one touch, it never stopped me from pplaying.one touch with monkey post! best combo ever
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
ladyF:

I'm the only female in my house, guess that explains it. Spent holidays with cousins when we travel, female children were scarce in d family at that time cry so it was boys games most times. grin
Awww. I'm sure you have abs.
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by treach(m): 10:20pm On Jun 27, 2015
Fellele and Health

2 Likes

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Yasirarafat: 10:27pm On Jun 27, 2015
One side will remove their shirt because of lack of jersy

2 Likes

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by ben1daEbiri(m): 10:34pm On Jun 27, 2015
First of all,op,God bless you and the mod that brought this to fp...i've been following this thread and read through all the pages,these are some things that are missing....in "monkey post",when they want to take a penalty,the taker would count six walking steps in this manner..."1 for goalie,1 for backman,1,2,3,4,5,6"....and also when you injure yourself or dislocate a joint,you'll hop to the house but when you see your parents,you automatically become "hale and hearthy" and then feign you dislocated or injured yourself in the house...lol,good old days,indomie generation missed alot!

1 Like

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by bummyla(m): 10:46pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hahahahahah! Hilarious! I Can Relation With These, mostly 8, 9, and 10!

http://www.bummyla.com

stano2:
1. The fat kid was
always the
goalkeeper

2. The owner of the
ball decides who
plays.

3. Penalties
awarded only if
injured player curses
a lot.

4. The match only
ends when
everyone was tired.

5. No matter how
many goals you
score, the
winner will be
determined by the
last team to
score.

6. No referee and
lines men. You could
run with the ball even
behind the goal
post.

7. If you don't
participate in
repairing the ball
you were given a match
ban

8. If you're picked
last, you're a loser.

9. The guy who's
never picked was to
fetch the ball from the tree
when it got stuck,under the
car or tunnel to play in
the next game.

10. When the owner
of the ball gets
annoyed,
game over.

11. You were
allowed to change a
goalkeeper in
case of a penalty.

12. the most skillful
player get
automatic
selection.

goal

the air, the team that
gets it continues with
the game.

Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Cletus244(m): 11:04pm On Jun 27, 2015
1.Free pass. 2. The tallest kid consider the eldest person and will not allow to play
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by Winna01(m): 11:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
scarr:

broke my front teeth playing one touch, it never stopped me from pplaying.one touch with monkey post! best combo ever
ya awesome hahaha
Re: 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids by blakky97(m): 11:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
AnointedG:
op u forget to add "obstruction" grin

during my days we no get field so na for street wey dey stay play ball so whenever a car or any serious looking person wants to pass, we would shout obstruction and wait for d person or car to pass b4 we continue...

anytime my elder brother see say dem wan score us, him go pass so dat we go shout obstruction. him fit dey there do like say him dey comot something for him leg or him wan pick something and him no go pass finish until we reposition.

d tin go dey pain our opponents and dem no go fit shout for am or do anything because all of us small and we love our lives... grin
bet na female be ur gender na? abi this pikin don put my fone inside water again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Official: Kurt Zouma Joins West Ham United / Super Eagles Drop Osimhen & Shehu, Invite Four New Players For AFCON / Ibrahim Muhammad Dedicates His Goal Against Argentina To President Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.