Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,659 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Doctors Strike......reps Threaten Warrant Of Arrest Against Health Minister. - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Strike......reps Threaten Warrant Of Arrest Against Health Minister. (14093 Views)

Doctors’ Strike Paralyses Ekiti Teaching Hospital / First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister / Doctors’ Strike Cripples Hospitals Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors Strike......reps Threaten Warrant Of Arrest Against Health Minister. by Shakes85: 9:14am On Jul 19, 2014
iiiyyyk:

U know the truth, but u are just trying to twist the truth, this is not goin to help us, our society is geting wiser day by day.
In nigeria, the CMD is doing the job of a CEO. This office is not a clinlcal position and shld not be an exclusive reserve for physicians. The office of the CMD in nigeria, is purely managerial and adminlstrative and could be occupied by any body.

The office of CMAC, in nigeria, is same as MD in developed world, is purely clinical office and should be occupied by a consultant physician.

For our heath care to grow, we need CEOs who will run our hospitals without any professional bias.

It is only the truth that will set us free.
U forgot to tell us about the office of director of administration(DA) in our teaching hospital.
Re: Doctors Strike......reps Threaten Warrant Of Arrest Against Health Minister. by MeAboki(m): 11:10am On Jul 19, 2014
^^^^Would that change the fact that the job description of the CMD is purely managerial/administrative or change the argument that the position can be held by anyone with the necessary managerial skills without being a medical doctor?

Pls educate us otherwise by posting that of the Director of Administrations (DA) - yeah, lets see how relevant it is to the argument.
Re: Doctors Strike......reps Threaten Warrant Of Arrest Against Health Minister. by ziga: 11:37am On Jul 19, 2014
MeAboki: ^^^^Would that change the fact that the job description of the CMD is purely managerial/administrative or change the argument that the position can be held by anyone with the necessary managerial skills without being a medical doctor?

Pls educate us otherwise by posting that of the Director of Administrations (DA) - yeah, lets see how relevant it is to the argument.

A chief MEDICAL director is a purely administrative position Are u kidding me?

Maybe the way things are done in Nigeria make it look that way.

But If you don't know medicine, you can not effectively head any medical institution.

You guys shouting administrators...

The hospitals with non-medical hospital admins have a Medical Director who works in parallel with the hospital administrator.

Introducing this in a Nigerian system where people already don't stick to their job descriptions is unnecessary and will be a catastrophic failure.

And if hospitals are not profitable and with the rot in the system, is that what we need?

Health workers firstly need to know what their duties and responsibilities to their patients are!!!
Re: Doctors Strike......reps Threaten Warrant Of Arrest Against Health Minister. by 5minsmadness: 11:49am On Jul 19, 2014
thehomer: It looks like many people who have commented so far didn't read the OP.

From the OP,

The health minister himself was present at Monday's meeting but why was Monday's meeting rescheduled?

Why were these people initially absent? Why aren't they being threatened with being arrested?

Or is it open season to dump on doctors? Keep in mind the fact that many of these reps don't get their treatment in Nigeria.

Bless you my brother. Confusion no let me comment again. Many people just saw the title of the thread and started commenting without reading. Nigerian mentality is sickening.
Re: Doctors Strike......reps Threaten Warrant Of Arrest Against Health Minister. by Ela59: 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

hmmm...you didn't know that Nigeria is a SOCIAL JUNGLE ? In which sane country will doctors be on a total strike and it is not seen as a national emergency ? In which Civilised economy do cities have less than 5 hours of electricity ? in which society does a convict become a state governor? Its clear you are not Nigerian or you don't live in Nigeria !!!
Am very happy with your contributions. In my own street there is no electricity for the pass 3days, bad roads all over the country, youth roaming around for jobs, insecurity,child molestation,child factories,and corruption. Most doctors have their own hospital, so,the minister should make the first move of ending the strike, in favour of the masses.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Strike......reps Threaten Warrant Of Arrest Against Health Minister. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 19, 2014
ziga:

Remind me again. Why did you leave Nigeria?

Medicine is noble in the US and the UK because of how much the people and the Governments value human life.

And if you believe so much in the "noble medicine" in Nigeria, why don't you come attend to the dying masses in Nigeria.

If you truly are a Doc who has practiced in Nigeria and is currently in the UK, you will see the rot in our system and you will be saying the exact opposite of what you just posted.

1. I left nigeria so that I do not have to work with people like you who, unfortunately, are in the majority.

2. Medicine is supposed to be noble everywhere it is practiced. If you do not value human life simply because you are in Nigeria then you are a BIG part of the problem.

3. I come back home every year to try and make a difference in my own way. Return permanently? Not with people like you around.

4. Working in a different setting has given me fresh perspective. The rot in the system is part of the greater rot in the society. If you think that it's solution lies in going on a strike every couple of years so that you cause even more misery - all the best to you.
Re: Doctors Strike......reps Threaten Warrant Of Arrest Against Health Minister. by Oduduwaboy(m): 3:26pm On Jul 19, 2014
MeAboki: ^^^^Would that change the fact that the job description of the CMD is purely managerial/administrative or change the argument that the position can be held by anyone with the necessary managerial skills without being a medical doctor?

stop talking from just 1 perspective only . We have said it before that in the UK , the MD & CEO office are separate but in the USA the offices are usually combined and filled by doctors. So, it is arguable which one should be preferred in Nigeria .
Re: Doctors Strike......reps Threaten Warrant Of Arrest Against Health Minister. by phantom(m): 3:31pm On Jul 19, 2014
DanNafada:

1. I left nigeria so that I do not have to work with people like you who, unfortunately, are in the majority.

2. Medicine is supposed to be noble everywhere it is practiced. If you do not value human life simply because you are in Nigeria then you are a BIG part of the problem.

3. I come back home every year to try and make a difference in my own way. Return permanently? Not with people like you around.

4. Working in a different setting has given me fresh perspective. The rot in the system is part of the greater rot in the society. If you think that it's solution lies in going on a strike every couple of years so that you cause even more misery - all the best to you.
interesting!! your immaturity is glaring.I hope you get buried there when you die,americanah .
the whites there probably only allow you touch them when they have no other options and you think you have arrived....grin clown.

you stay in another mans land and point at your home with your left.shame on you.
it is doctors like you who have kept us where we are today.doctors whose noses are up in the air,feeling like Gods while the others play politics.
may we never have your type in a leadership position in this country. God forbid!
Re: Doctors Strike......reps Threaten Warrant Of Arrest Against Health Minister. by Oduduwaboy(m): 3:32pm On Jul 19, 2014
DanNafada:

You really are sounding like a Messiah right now .
You are talking as if its only the UK system that is available in the western world .
Please check up on the headship of the Cleveland clinic , Mayor clinic , Cedar-Sinai hospital , NewYork -Presbyterian hospital ; all in the USA . All top range hospitals.
Re: Doctors Strike......reps Threaten Warrant Of Arrest Against Health Minister. by ziga: 3:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
DanNafada:

I thank goodness you left!!!

You chose not to be part of the solution to a problem.

Now you are all the way over there talking about how things should be run.

Please practice what you preach "NHS doctor". (In the clouds, we can be whoever we choose to be)

And for goodness sake, you have absolutely no idea where I work or who I am.

Maybe you are the guy who just walked past me.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Strike......reps Threaten Warrant Of Arrest Against Health Minister. by phantom(m): 3:52pm On Jul 19, 2014
ziga:

I thank goodness you left!!!

You chose not to be part of the solution to a problem.

Now you are all the way over there talking about how things should be run.

Please practice what you preach "NHS doctor". (In the clouds, we can be whoever we choose to be)

And for goodness sake, you have absolutely no idea where I work or who I am.

Maybe you are the guy who just walked past me.

lol .....probably waiting for us to fix things.then maybe when consultants here start earning 2million naira,he will hop on a plane and dash down here with the speed of light.
he's in the UK. ask him whether consultant pharmacists and nurses are hospital based.what are their qualifications?
ask him whether the medical director NOT the CEO of his hospital is a non-doctor?
ask him whether pharmacists prescribe in the UK.if they do,what type of pharmacists?
ask him whether radiographers report CTS and MRIs in the UK?
ask him who is in charge of hospital based labs in the UK?
probably working as a locum doctor then we no go hear word again?
why did he leave? lol

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Strike......reps Threaten Warrant Of Arrest Against Health Minister. by Oduduwaboy(m): 3:53pm On Jul 19, 2014
iiiyyyk:

U know the truth, but u are just trying to twist the truth, this is not goin to help us, our society is geting wiser day by day.
In nigeria, the CMD is doing the job of a CEO. This office is not a clinlcal position and shld not be an exclusive reserve for physicians. The office of the CMD in nigeria, is purely managerial and adminlstrative and could be occupied by any body.

The office of CMAC, in nigeria, is same as MD in developed world, is purely clinical office and should be occupied by a consultant physician.

For our heath care to grow, we need CEOs who will run our hospitals without any professional bias.

It is only the truth that will set us free.

You guys need to mind your terminologies so we get each other clearly .

A hospital in some countries e.g UK has what is called a CEO who may not be a doctor ( chief executive officer)
In such hospitals as above there is a MD ( Medical Director )...who is necessarily a doctor . The title of CMD is not needed . No other professional can hold this post because ,
there are is also a director of Nursing Services etc.( manned by appropriate professionals)

In the USA , the CEO / MD offices are usually combined & filled by doctors just like we do in Nigeria . So, what we have in Nigeria is not that strange as some people want us to believe .
Re: Doctors Strike......reps Threaten Warrant Of Arrest Against Health Minister. by Oduduwaboy(m): 4:20pm On Jul 19, 2014
phantom: lol .....probably waiting for us to fix things.then maybe when consultants here start earning 2million naira,he will hop on a plane and dash down here with the speed of light.
he's in the UK. ask him whether consultant pharmacists and nurses are hospital based.what are their qualifications?
ask him whether the medical director NOT the CEO of his hospital is a non-doctor?
ask him whether pharmacists prescribe in the UK.if they do,what type of pharmacists?
ask him whether radiographers report CTS and MRIs in the UK?
ask him who is in charge of hospital based labs in the UK?
probably working as a locum doctor then we no go hear word again?
why did he leave? lol
...badeeeeest man!
Re: Doctors Strike......reps Threaten Warrant Of Arrest Against Health Minister. by Oduduwaboy(m): 4:30pm On Jul 19, 2014
leo1234:
I think u don't really know what is going on in Nigeria.
In Abuja patients who came to the hospital were asked to see the consultant nurse because she can do what the doctors do.
At uch Ibadan a plastic surgeon was prevented from inspecting the wound of his patient because a consultant nurse had done that.
At Nnewi a consultant pharmacist went for a ward round and changed the prescription made by a cardiologist on the ground that the drug have some side effects.
Are these obtainable in saner climes too?

really ?did the first instance you gave about consultant nurses really happen ? please can you tell me more about it.
Am beginning to get the feeling that by the time this strike will end through compromises on both sides , medical practice in Nigeria would have been set back once again by another 50years , at least in the government hospitals! The common continues to loose.

In India it is only the very poor that make use of the useless government hospitals. I won't be surprised it was issues like we have now that were responsible for that scenario.
Re: Doctors Strike......reps Threaten Warrant Of Arrest Against Health Minister. by ayobase(m): 11:04am On Jul 21, 2014
what has been the issues of these ministers.
cant their offices be rendered vacant for people ready to take up!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Body Scrub Treatment Is A Number One Beauty Regimen / Any Cure For Stammering? / How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Nigerian Homes: 10 Fascinating Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.