Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Sony Xperia Phones Can Now Move Apps To SD Card Without Rooting - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sony Xperia Phones Can Now Move Apps To SD Card Without Rooting (6264 Views)

How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted SD Card And Flash Drive / Android 4.4 Kitkat Transfering Apps To Sd Card Without Rooting / How To Partition Your SD Card For Android Without PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sony Xperia Phones Can Now Move Apps To SD Card Without Rooting by fabolakers(m): 10:59am On Jul 18, 2014
Sony began rolling out Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the mid-range Xperia T2 Ultra. The new OS comes with improvements in various options and one amazing functions is the ability for users to be able to move installed applications to SD card. this is great news for game lovers as you can now move those large games from your internal memory card into your SD card.

Once you go to application manager in your Settings menu, select an app and you'll notice the new Move to SD card option. You can also view apps installed only on your microSD card in a new column.

Currently Sony is still prepping the KitKat updates for Xperia M2 and Xperia E1 and we bet we'll see Move to SD card feature premiering on those with the new firmware as well.

FEATURES
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra runs on Android OS, v4.3 (Jelly Bean) and upgradable to v4.4.2 (KitKat), it uses Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400, Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A7 Processor and Adreno 305 GPU. other features include a GPS and FM radio with RDS.

MEMORY
1 GB of RAM, 8 GB internal memory and microSD card slots allows up to 32 GB. with the new firmware, you can move apps to your SD card.

CAMERA
13 MP primary camera, 4128 x 3096 pixels, autofocus, LED flash and it comes with a 1.1 MP front camera. 1080p@30fps, HDR for the video camera.

DISPLAY and WEIGHT
IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 165.2 x 83.8 x 7.7 mm (6.50 x 3.30 x 0.30 in) dimensions, 720 x 1280 pixels, 6.0 inches (245 ppi) pixel density. it comes in Black, White and Purple colour and weighs 171.7 g (D5303)/ 172.4 g (D5306)

NETWORK
2G, 3G, 4G LTE network with HSDPA download speed of 42 Mbps and it uses a micro-sim

CONNECTIVITY
Blueetooth v4.0, A2DP, NFC, microUSB v2.0 (MHL) and Wi-Fi 802.11 dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA and Wi-Fi hotspot.

BATTERY
Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery with stand-by mode of up to 1071 hours for 2G and up to 1046 hours for 3G, Talk time of up to 14 hour for 2G and up to 24 hours for 3G and can play music for about 93 hours.

RELEASE DATE AND PRICE
It was released in May 2014 and the price is around ₦ 70,000
- See more at: http://techmsgr..com

Re: Sony Xperia Phones Can Now Move Apps To SD Card Without Rooting by GenOrumov: 11:36pm On Jul 18, 2014
When I learnt about the Xperia T2 ultra, I thought it was going to carry a lot of fire power but after going through the specs, I realize its not really different from my Xperia T bar the larger screen size, higher processor and its flat. I'll rather stick to my T than T2 ultra.
Re: Sony Xperia Phones Can Now Move Apps To SD Card Without Rooting by lilmax(m): 8:25am On Jul 19, 2014
What about M2?
Re: Sony Xperia Phones Can Now Move Apps To SD Card Without Rooting by fabolakers(m): 1:18pm On Jul 19, 2014
lilmax: What about M2?
They're prepping the update for M2. I'm sure they will start rolling it out before the end of this months.
Re: Sony Xperia Phones Can Now Move Apps To SD Card Without Rooting by lilmax(m): 1:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
fabolakers:
They're prepping the update for M2. I'm sure they will start rolling it out before the end of this months.
i mean if it is available in nigeria? If yes whats the price
Re: Sony Xperia Phones Can Now Move Apps To SD Card Without Rooting by fabolakers(m): 3:33pm On Jul 19, 2014
lilmax: i mean if it is available in nigeria? If yes whats the price
It was released in May 2014 and not currently available in nigerian stores online.

(1) (Reply)

How To Activate And Subscribe For The Glo 4G Data Plan / 17 Things You Should Never Ever Google / *********

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.