Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

B.sc Mathematics Or B.sc Industrial Chemistry.reali Confused!!!!!!!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / B.sc Mathematics Or B.sc Industrial Chemistry.reali Confused!!!!!!!! (2729 Views)

HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. / Where Can An Industrial Chemistry Graduate Work? / Mathematics Or Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

B.sc Mathematics Or B.sc Industrial Chemistry.reali Confused!!!!!!!! by cutiedave(m): 2:47pm On Jul 18, 2014
plz guys am planning on doing d change of course,and am stucked between choosing mathematics and industrial chemistry.plz which is better and which of dem has more job opportunities.pls i nid replies..(am about to enter unilorin for my first degree)
Re: B.sc Mathematics Or B.sc Industrial Chemistry.reali Confused!!!!!!!! by Karleb(m): 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2014
I'd say industrial chemistry.
Re: B.sc Mathematics Or B.sc Industrial Chemistry.reali Confused!!!!!!!! by damimola(m): 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2014
i would say yo considered your area of strength and what you hope to do after school.
chemistry looks more promising from afar but mathematics isn't bad.considered these two life examples

chemistry graduate: stated with coca cola,now with then GSK,then UNILEVER as a manager

mathematics graduate : enrolled for ICAN,worked with an audit firm,did ORACLE and other certifcations,now a Business intelligence manager with one of the telecom company in the country.

but i must say chemistry have a better work option: chemical,pharmaceutical,food,industrial industries and other options

bon chance
Re: B.sc Mathematics Or B.sc Industrial Chemistry.reali Confused!!!!!!!! by Danhumprey: 4:38pm On Jul 18, 2014
Karleb: I'd say industrial chemistry.
@your recent diary update,you are not alone bro. I also hate Maths too. I tried everything to avoid it. Now,I'm paying dearly for it. Maths has been my albatross.embarassed
Re: B.sc Mathematics Or B.sc Industrial Chemistry.reali Confused!!!!!!!! by Karleb(m): 5:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
Danhumprey: @your recent diary update,you are not alone bro. I also hate Maths too. I tried everything to avoid it. Now,I'm paying dearly for it. Maths has been my albatross.embarassed

I tell you bro. sad

Not that I don't even know the fuccking subject but I just hate it, as in its stressful, tasky, takes time and the list goes on like that.

If not for my hatred for math I would have considered one of these engineering courses, probably chemical or petroleum engineering but poor me thought that by porting to industrial chemistry all will be well embarassed little did I know that my nemesis was right there laughing at my asss.

Even now that I'm with biochem, recent information reaching me has it that math is involve although not that intense sha.

Now the question I keep asking myself is: why leave industrial chemistry for biochem when it's obvious that they both deal with math!!
Re: B.sc Mathematics Or B.sc Industrial Chemistry.reali Confused!!!!!!!! by cutiedave(m): 5:12pm On Jul 18, 2014
[quote
author=damimola]i would say yo considered your area of strength and what
you hope to do after school.
chemistry looks more promising from afar but mathematics isn't
bad.considered these two life examples

chemistry graduate: stated with coca cola,now with then GSK,then
UNILEVER as a manager

mathematics graduate : enrolled for ICAN,worked with an audit firm,did
ORACLE and other certifcations,now a Business intelligence manager with
one of the telecom company in the country.

but i must say chemistry have a better work option:
chemical,pharmaceutical,food,industrial industries and other options

bon chance[/quote]hmmm tanx a lot.bt sum1 just tld me that studying industrial chemistry restrict u to the industries alone.but with mathematics d list of employment oppourtunities is endless.but i personally av passion for chemistry
Re: B.sc Mathematics Or B.sc Industrial Chemistry.reali Confused!!!!!!!! by cutiedave(m): 5:13pm On Jul 18, 2014
plz i nid more advice,coz i dont want to make the wrong choice
Re: B.sc Mathematics Or B.sc Industrial Chemistry.reali Confused!!!!!!!! by Danhumprey: 5:18pm On Jul 18, 2014
Karleb:

I tell you bro. sad

Not that I don't even know the fuccking subject but I just hate it, as in its stressful, tasky, takes time and the list goes on like that.

If not for my hatred for math I would have considered one of these engineering courses, probably chemical or petroleum engineering but poor me thought that by porting to industrial chemistry all will be well embarassed little did I know that my nemesis was right there laughing at my asss.

Even now that I'm with biochem, recent information reaching me has it that math is involve although not that intense sha.

Now the question I keep asking myself is: why leave industrial chemistry for biochem when it's obvious that they both deal with math!!
Na wa ooo! I wanted to study Medicine and Surgery,but I had to forget about it because of Maths. Maths is involved in Physics and Chemistry and I just can't stand that. Now,I've opted to study Economics and no one need to tell me that Maths is involved to a large extent.

It's like jumping from frying pan to fire.embarassed
Re: B.sc Mathematics Or B.sc Industrial Chemistry.reali Confused!!!!!!!! by NickiRoman: 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2014
Danhumprey: Na wa ooo! I wanted to study Medicine and Surgery,but I had to forget about it because of Maths. Maths is involved in Physics and Chemistry and I just can't stand that. Now,I've opted to study Economics and no one need to tell me that Maths is involved to a large extent.

It's like jumping from frying pan to fire.embarassed
..Good for you grin

1 Like

Re: B.sc Mathematics Or B.sc Industrial Chemistry.reali Confused!!!!!!!! by Danhumprey: 7:50pm On Jul 18, 2014
NickiRoman: ..Good for you grin
Lol.grin

Are you ready? Would be online soon.wink
Re: B.sc Mathematics Or B.sc Industrial Chemistry.reali Confused!!!!!!!! by NickiRoman: 7:51pm On Jul 18, 2014
Danhumprey: Lol.grin

Are you ready? Would be online soon.wink
..Nah,Not interested and my bat3 is low
Re: B.sc Mathematics Or B.sc Industrial Chemistry.reali Confused!!!!!!!! by Danhumprey: 7:53pm On Jul 18, 2014
NickiRoman: ..Nah,Not interested and my bat3 is low
undecided
Re: B.sc Mathematics Or B.sc Industrial Chemistry.reali Confused!!!!!!!! by cutiedave(m): 8:46pm On Jul 18, 2014
NEED ADVICE OOO!!
Re: B.sc Mathematics Or B.sc Industrial Chemistry.reali Confused!!!!!!!! by damimola(m): 8:32am On Jul 21, 2014
i must be sincere with you guys that for whatever you chose to study,mathematics is involved.the level and depth of the study in the mathematics varies.if you study chemistry,you will take mathematics courses for the first two years and you take courses in chemistry that involves calculation:analytical chem,physical chem,lots of stoichiometry etc and if you chose to study mathematics,i am glad to tell you ,you are in for the integration,calculus and all manner.you should decide what you like to in the future,may be you want to be a laboratory person,an analyst or etc
Re: B.sc Mathematics Or B.sc Industrial Chemistry.reali Confused!!!!!!!! by sammyoungest: 6:55pm On Jun 27, 2017
thanks guyz, the replies were helpful

(1) (Reply)

How To Create A Wordpress E-commerce Website. Like Konga, Jumia Etc / Juniper Certified Engineers / Nigeria Empowerment Foundation Contest Is Scam....run For Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.