Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. (39399 Views)

HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD / Is It Advisable For A B.sc Holder To Work As A LASTMA Official? / HND Holders For Direct M.sc Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by olaolu39(m): 9:07am On May 14, 2015
With my experience so far in the job market, it is not a new thing that the opportunities created for an HND holder are getting wider than B.Sc holder who's got below a Upper second class.

Reason:
Many companies do not see a reason why they'd hire a graduate with high cost incurred when HND holders are there to give them a cost minimizing effort, more so a 2.2 graduate may not do any better.

Nowadays, Companies are found of hiring a contract staff whom HND holders are only invited/suitable, leaving behind the so called University graduates.

Somebody asked, 'why am I clamouring about having a University education in the first place??'

The truth:
1. There's always be 2.2 products no matter how.

2. Opportunities can be created with whatsoever qualifications you've got.

3. There is a job for everybody.

4. There is always a time for everybody's career breakthrough.

5. If with your certificate you are still stagnant, you may end up not getting a suiting job forever, no matter your qualification and grade.

6. If you have a 2.2 grade and people tell you how unlucky you would be in the job market and you believe them instead of devising your own strategy, it can even kill your own morale of achieving and aiming high.

Lesson:
1. If you are still in school, and people tell you it's not about grade, but people you know, and you believe them, I guess you might end up joining the groups of unemployed/under employed citizens.

2. You had better start thinking of how practicable your course can become when you graduate.

3. If you are a serving corps member and you are swayed away by the activities of NYSC, and not life afterwards, I pity you. The truth is that by the time you finish and just starting, you might end up frustrated, unlike if you start scouting as a corper, you won't be under any pressure.

......Tip of the iceberg by PstLao.

Expect more...My thought and findings

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by missKiffy(f): 9:22am On May 14, 2015
Sometimes grade matters, sometimes it dont
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by olaolu39(m): 9:28am On May 14, 2015
Don't be deceived ; it matters at all times..its in fact a way forward to networking enablement.
I am a living testimony.
If someone wants to help you and he sees you didn't help yourself in school by claiming a good grade, He may end up changing his mind

10 Likes

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by omanifrank(m): 1:18pm On May 14, 2015
i have not actually used my B.Sc to work since i graduate anyway.. blogging has been paying my bills

12 Likes

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by okooloyun1(m): 1:18pm On May 14, 2015
Ok
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Maczeelly(m): 1:18pm On May 14, 2015
Hmmm........alrite oooo
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by asumo12: 1:19pm On May 14, 2015
shior

omanifrank:
na
okooloyun1:
Maczeelly:
Hmmm........alrite oooo

HND LOADING

tongue tongue
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by loomer: 1:19pm On May 14, 2015
Reading comments
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by kosalabaro: 1:20pm On May 14, 2015
Who the hell posted this shit?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by agarawu23(m): 1:20pm On May 14, 2015
really?
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by abduldope(m): 1:20pm On May 14, 2015
Impressive
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 14, 2015
I always advice my fellow youths to be creative, search within themselves. There is a potential in there, other than the course they are reading. I keep teasing my course mates dat when I graduate, I'll hand over my certificate to my uncle and tell him, "sir, U sent me to school; here's Ur cert. I don't need it". They always laugh at me but its true cos I feel school is delaying m.
A good student is one who allows school to pass through him and not the other way round

NB: Abeg b4 U crucify me, am in my final year and I have a very strong 2.1. My quote above hasnt in any way made me lazy in school. Thank u.

10 Likes

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Drdaps(m): 1:21pm On May 14, 2015
First class or tenth class just have something upstairs
Then you are good to go

9 Likes

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by tonychristopher: 1:21pm On May 14, 2015
LIFE GAVE US ALL OPPORTUNITIES IF THEY CAN'T HIRE YOU....FOR CHRIST SAKE HIRE YOURSELF.

SELF EMPLOYEMENT IS BEST

2 Likes

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 14, 2015
kosalabaro:
Who the hell posted this shit?

Ah! Don't you know him it?
The Nairaland Nut Head of the Year
a.k.a. The People's Imbe.cile

8 Likes

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 14, 2015
d only reason i know is

dey are comfortable with any pay(salary)

dats all

2 Likes

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by RobinHez(m): 1:24pm On May 14, 2015
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by LuckyLadolce(m): 1:24pm On May 14, 2015
grin HND, Bsc, Masters, Phd.... pls does Dangote or Billgate have any of these?

Buh at the same time, U jst have to try ur best first, and leave the rest to the Greatest designer of Destiny (GOD).

Becos my ppl will say... omo to ba sipa ni obi re ngbe. Pls my gurus in the house, interprete in English for the benefit of my other brothers grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by nastyesco(m): 1:25pm On May 14, 2015
I have got a 2.2 and Alhamdulilahi... I am so lucky...in 3years...I have achieved so much that even a 1st class grad will be intimidated... For everyone who is abt to grad or graduated with a 2.2...Don't let anyone talk u down...success is understanding the opportunities around you not by what degree u bagged from the University... Above all...commit Ur affairs to God.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 14, 2015
Which Company?
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 14, 2015
Do not be deceived! There's nowhere in the world where HND and B.Sc compete. HND is a middle man technical degree whereas B.Sc is a managerial theoretical based degree. They both have their uses but they can never be called equals. Even a 3rd class B.Sc holder stands a better chance of employability into certain firms than HND. Besides HND holders will find it extremely hard to enter into the lecturing profession unlike B.Sc holders. There's no way anyone can say these two certificates are equal. Saying so would yield to delusive thinking.
However, I do agree that HND holders have a better technical know how and stand a much higher chance of employability in practical, on-the-field jobs. However, B.Sc holders will end up being their supervisors. That's the sad truth of this bifurcation.
As for the 2.2 stuff; second class lower division is an average result. Granted, many of them may not stand as much chance as do 2.1 or 1.1 graduates or even given the opportunity to prove themselves, they are still much better than HND lower credit holders.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by seunlayi(m): 1:28pm On May 14, 2015
i think it is time for me to look at the blogging things
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by publicenemy(m): 1:28pm On May 14, 2015
In other words..."CHEAP LABOUR"
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by wunmi590(m): 1:29pm On May 14, 2015

1 Like

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Anybodie: 1:29pm On May 14, 2015

2 Likes

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by obontami: 1:29pm On May 14, 2015
j
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 14, 2015
dont let anyone talk u down on grades when i was wrting jamb i heard of guys who scored 300, 400 but when they enter skool we dont hear about them, same applies to the so called first class graduates, what value have they brought to the nation.

Education is all about creating value , its more than academics.
who are the richest people in this planet, they dont have degrees, if u have money, u can even own your own univrsity and ll the phd people will be your errand boys and gals.

think guys, dont be fooled by the academic hype cheesy

4 Likes

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by richard870(m): 1:31pm On May 14, 2015
@Op, I don't agree @ all. I have been 2 a few job interviews and its a different ball game entirely.
Nowadays, most employers only get convinced by the response they get from prospective employees. They are aware of the bribery and corruption student engage in order to have good grades
All they want is someone who gives a clear definition(not by documented grades alone) of what an ideal University Graduate sounds and should be like, not a stereotype!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Dyt(f): 1:31pm On May 14, 2015
Well I dunno companies actually look out for grades than experience and worthiness
Interesting
Nodding head
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Acidosis(m): 1:32pm On May 14, 2015
What is 2.2?

2.5 - 3.49, right?

Are you aware you'll need over 5 'As' in 3 unit courses* to move from 2.5 to 3.49? Now its funny when we all classify students with such an unintelligent factor.

Personally, I will never employ anyone based on such generalization; whoever developed the 2.1 - 2.2 grading system must be burning in hell as I type.

Of what use is 2.1, 2.2 when we can simply ask for cumulative grades? strengths and weaknesses via transcript?

*perceived

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Bigdreams(m): 1:33pm On May 14, 2015
No matter what you graduated with, your mindset is the most important.

Check the image below:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Queen Of England Honours Nasir Yammama, CEO Verdant Agri-Tech (Pics) / 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? / Nigerian Police Uniform In 1948

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.