Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Eight Things Happy People Have In Common - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Eight Things Happy People Have In Common (21919 Views)

What Do You Share In Common With Your Wife? / 7 Things Happy People Do Before Going To Bed / 11 Things Happy Couples Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by shitshappen(m): 3:32pm On Jul 18, 2014
Much have been said about money, success, blah blah and blah. Sometimes little is said about happiness which is the most important thing in life. So I went digging for things that happy people do as a routine because to me life is all about happiness and its pursuit. This is what I found out in times magazine, enjoy:
University of California professor Sonja Lyubomirsky details the things research shows the happiest people have in common.
So here is the list, enjoy
1.They devote a great amount of time to their family and friends, nurturing and enjoying those relationships.

2.They are comfortable expressing gratitude for all they have.

3. They are often the first to offer helping hands to coworkers and passersby.

4. They practice optimism when imagining their futures.
5. They savor life’s pleasures and try to live in the present moment.

6. They make physical exercise a weekly and even daily habit.
7. They are deeply committed to lifelong goals and ambitions (e.g., fighting fraud, building cabinets, or teaching their children their deeply held values

8.Last but not least, the happiest people do have their share of stresses, crises, and even tragedies. They may become just as distressed and emotional in such circumstances as you or I, but their secret weapon is the poise and strength they show in coping in the face of challenge.
Having said it all, now you know. Happiness is your right don't let anyone take it from you, not even your spouse.

43 Likes

Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by Olarewajub: 9:44pm On Jul 18, 2014
It feels good to be happy.

11 Likes

Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 18, 2014
I love it and I agree. smiley
Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by dytbabe: 5:43am On Jul 19, 2014
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by justi4jesu(f): 7:30am On Jul 19, 2014
Great

1 Like

Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by tempem: 7:30am On Jul 19, 2014
HAPPY

It might seem crazy what I'm about to say
Sunshine she's here, you can take a break
I'm a hot air balloon that could go to space
With the air, like I don't care baby by the way
{Uh}
[Chorus:]
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna
do
[Verse 2:]
Here come bad news talking this and that, yeah,
Well, give me all you got, and don't hold it back,
yeah,
Well, I should probably warn you I'll be just
fine, yeah,
No offense to you, don't waste your time
Here's why
[Chorus]
{Hey
Go
Uh}
[Bridge:]
(Happy)
Bring me down
Can't nothing
Bring me down
My level's too high
Bring me down
Can't nothing
Bring me down
I said (let me tell you now)
Bring me down
Can't nothing
Bring me down
My level's too high
Bring me down
Can't nothing
Bring me down
I said
[Chorus x2]
{Hey
Go
Uh}
(Happy) [repeats]
Bring me down... can't nothing...
Bring me down... my level's too high...
Bring me down... can't nothing...
Bring me down, I said (let me tell you now)
[Chorus x2]
{Hey
C'mon}

22 Likes

Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by Drfash(f): 7:31am On Jul 19, 2014
I have a bible hence am a happy man

7 Likes

Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 19, 2014
Acknowledge ur source.

1 Like

Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by anitank(f): 7:34am On Jul 19, 2014
The happiest people are not the ones who have everything, but those who are contented with everything they have

14 Likes

Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 19, 2014
Those who are contented with what they have, and have made their peace with fellow men and God(if they believe in one).

3 Likes

Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by Smartsyn(m): 7:37am On Jul 19, 2014
My happiness is like MTN network, it comes and go..

6 Likes

Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by Guykhena(m): 7:37am On Jul 19, 2014
huh. lipsrsealed
With this list,I guess am not happy then...
Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by Talkcentral: 7:38am On Jul 19, 2014
f

1 Like

Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by TRADELYN: 7:39am On Jul 19, 2014
grin
...... ...... .....
Lemme ask my Research Team!
Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by Henrypraise: 7:40am On Jul 19, 2014
Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by Frosti(m): 7:42am On Jul 19, 2014
I guess am a happy person then.
Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by technophile(m): 7:43am On Jul 19, 2014
You copied this from a foreign website. Most of it doesn't sound like a Nigerian way of life.

4 Likes

Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by NickiRoman: 7:43am On Jul 19, 2014
grin
Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by Dygeasy(m): 7:44am On Jul 19, 2014
Life is too long not to be happy. It is the longest thing you'll ever do.
Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by priscaoge(f): 7:45am On Jul 19, 2014
What matters in Life is HAPPINESS! Even if u are the richest person on earth yet u are not happy,Sorry!

2 Likes

Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by Akshow: 7:45am On Jul 19, 2014
Yeah be happy, be gay and cheerful life's too short.

1 Like

Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by iceberylin(m): 7:47am On Jul 19, 2014
priscaoge: What matters in Life is HAPPINESS! Even if u are the richest person on earth yet u are not happy,Sorry!
HAPPINESS will put food on ur table

Let's Face d fact!!!

1 Like

Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by Ebubeslym(m): 7:48am On Jul 19, 2014
technophile: You copied this from a foreign website. Most of it doesn't sound like a Nigerian way of life.

must happiness be based on location

6 Likes

Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by saintbeejay: 7:49am On Jul 19, 2014
Akshow: Yeah be happy, be gay and cheerful life's too short.
can u tel me aw being a gay is a source of happiness.

1 Like

Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by westbee: 7:50am On Jul 19, 2014
Temporal mental state
Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by priscaoge(f): 7:51am On Jul 19, 2014
iceberylin:
HAPPINESS will put food on ur table

Let's Face d fact!!!
So u will choose money over happiness right

2 Likes

Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by J3da: 7:51am On Jul 19, 2014
Happiness depends on how you love your own self, and makeing sure your first angle of hapiness is LOVE towards yourself and the awareness of your value and significance.

Fall inlove with yourself b4 falling in love with you neighbor/spouse.

Happiness is valuing your gifts, talents, and all your best character features.

Bottomline you can't be happy if you are not happy inward with yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by priscaoge(f): 7:52am On Jul 19, 2014
Akshow: Yeah be happy, be gay and cheerful life's too short.
Is been GAY source of ur happinessshockedshockedshockedshocked

1 Like

Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by chineloSA(f): 7:54am On Jul 19, 2014
technophile: You copied this from a foreign website. Most of it doesn't sound like a Nigerian way of life.

you are one of the most unhappiest person alive. Such perssimism The list of what you can do to be happy is given to you, but you still see the impossible undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by technophile(m): 7:54am On Jul 19, 2014
Ebubeslym:

must happiness be based on location
Naaaaaaaah, but most of what is written there is not what makes us happy
Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by iceberylin(m): 7:55am On Jul 19, 2014
priscaoge:
So u will choose money over happiness right
Yea...cause poverty won't make u smile, money defiantly will

1 Like

Re: Eight Things Happy People Have In Common by priscaoge(f): 7:58am On Jul 19, 2014
iceberylin:
Yea...cause poverty won't make u smile, money defiantly will
With this ur red eyes,u fit do blood moneycheesycheesy*Zooms off*

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) / 8-month Old Baby Stabbed 90 Times With Scissors By His Mother / If Your Husband Did A Paternity Test For Your Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.