Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,760 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:17 AM

ROCHAS Revived APGA In Imo State –aide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ROCHAS Revived APGA In Imo State –aide (1178 Views)

Gov Rotimi Ameachi Of River State Aide Kidnapped !!!! / APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election / Hundreds Of PDP Members Decamp To APGA In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ROCHAS Revived APGA In Imo State –aide by PhockPhockMan: 3:46pm On Jul 18, 2014
Special Assistant and liaison officer to Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, Alfred Ononugbo, has said that contrary to speculations,the governor was the one who revived the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) in Imo State.Ononugbo said before Okorocha’s emergence as governor, the state chapter of APGA was almost non-existent, but it came back to life through the governor’s efforts. He said that Okorocha’s decision to join the All Progressives Congress (APC) was because he shared common policies and ideologies with the party and it was in the interest of the South East. He said his change of political camp would not prevent him from seeking re-election in 2015 ifhe chose to.“Before Okorocha emerged as governor, APGA was almost non-existent in Imo. It was through his efforts, that the fortunes of the party were turned around, and even if he goes to any other party, he would still win. People voted for him and not for the party. Some people have described his movement to the APC as being unstable, but the truth is that he can only be among people who share the same views and policies with him and those are the things the APC is offering.“He has the desire to replicate what he is doing across the country and if the opportunity presents itself, he would take it. The people of Imo love him and he has not lost favour with them, contrary to what his opponents want people to believe.“If he wants to contest for another term, he has the right to do so and the people of Imo State would vote for him. What his opponents do not know is that many Imo natives are clamouring for him to contest,” he said.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=72692

1 Like

Re: ROCHAS Revived APGA In Imo State –aide by zendy: 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
I am really sorry for Okorocha. The man "hanged" himself politically when he joined the supporter of APC APC party. It was this same Okorocha that was running from Uwazulike to Victor Umeh to Chief Nwaka to Martin AGbaso on his knees,begging for the APGA candidacy. When he won,he said that APGA was the best political party that would serve the interests of Ndigbo. But as soon APC dangled a promise of higher office before him, he now remembered that APGA was just a "regional party". Now he claims he made APGA. Ok ooo Rochas,2015 is around the corner and you will tell me how your supporter of APC party that has been completely rejected by Igbos will win. I am from Anambra but the Imo friends I have talked to have told me that I have more chances of visiting the moon than Rochas getting re-elected. It doesn't matter if Rochas paves all the streets in Imo with Diamonds, Igbos will not allow the supporters of APC in!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: ROCHAS Revived APGA In Imo State –aide by Hangard: 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
I guess Okorocha won all the election he contested with the other parties.

2 Likes

Re: ROCHAS Revived APGA In Imo State –aide by PhockPhockMan: 4:46pm On Jul 18, 2014
Insult upon insult, Okorocha who dumped ANPP he was once a presidential aspirant to come beg Peter Obi and Chief Umeh to prevail on Martins Agbaso, the leader of APGA in Imo State to allow him to contest under the party. It was during the negotiations that it was agreed that Martins Agbaso's younger brother Jude Agbaso will be his running mate. During the election, the combined forces of, natural APGA supporters, Agbaso supporters, protest votes from Catholic Church because of beating of a Rev Father by former governor, Ohakim, Ojukwu supporters and Okorocha’s supporters help in no small ways to push the formidable PDP structure out of government. Immediately he assumed office, he started making enemies with those who helped him into office including framing up and impeachment of his deputy with one bottle of wine and secret signing of freedom of abortion law to spit on Catholic Church and other churches etc. The question now is, WHY APGA, why didn't he revive ACN, CPC, ANPP, ACCORD, LABOUR PARTY etc. Whenever I look at Okorocha, I see a traitor all Igbos should dine with very long spoon.
Re: ROCHAS Revived APGA In Imo State –aide by obayaya(m): 4:55pm On Jul 18, 2014
Sometimes I wonder if these politicians feed through their noses? Or is this a case of selective Amnesia
Re: ROCHAS Revived APGA In Imo State –aide by Longeria(m): 6:38pm On Jul 18, 2014
Rochas Okorocha is an is evil man.

Re: ROCHAS Revived APGA In Imo State –aide by BABAKABIRU301(f): 7:22pm On Jul 18, 2014
MAY GOD FORGIVE U, WHO IS OKOROCHA IF NOT APGA
Re: ROCHAS Revived APGA In Imo State –aide by VICTORCIZA(m): 10:36pm On Jul 18, 2014
PhockPhockMan: Insult upon insult, Okorocha who dumped ANPP he was once a presidential aspirant to come beg Peter Obi and Chief Umeh to prevail on Martins Agbaso, the leader of APGA in Imo State to allow him to contest under the party. It was during the negotiations that it was agreed that Martins Agbaso's younger brother Jude Agbaso will be his running mate. During the election, the combined forces of, natural APGA supporters, Agbaso supporters, protest votes from Catholic Church because of beating of a Rev Father by former governor, Ohakim, Ojukwu supporters and Okorocha’s supporters help in no small ways to push the formidable PDP structure out of government. Immediately he assumed office, he started making enemies with those who helped him into office including framing up and impeachment of his deputy with one bottle of wine and secret signing of freedom of abortion law to spit on Catholic Church and other churches etc. The question now is, WHY APGA, why didn't he revive ACN, CPC, ANPP, ACCORD, LABOUR PARTY etc. Whenever I look at Okorocha, I see a traitor all Igbos should dine with very long spoon.
Re: ROCHAS Revived APGA In Imo State –aide by PhockPhockMan: 7:56pm On Jul 19, 2014
BABAKABIRU301: MAY GOD FORGIVE U, WHO IS OKOROCHA IF NOT APGA
Thank you honey.

(1) (Reply)

Bomb Blast At Kano Poly / Key Recommendations Of The Concluded National Conference You Need To Know / We Are Coming – Boko Haram ‘writes Warning Letter’ To Abuja Barracks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.