Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) (285235 Views)

Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place / The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 / Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 20, 2014
This post is a true reflection of what obtains in the industry unlike what some dreamers post on the net especially with regards to the Oil and Gas sector.
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by ayusco85(m): 2:37pm On Jul 20, 2014
alentyno:
If u r a math grad with a tight gpa like 1st class or strong 2.1( 4.0 and above), you could go places!..... From banks to auditing firms to oils coys to infact anywhere.......my cousin a math grad(finished with 4.42 cgpa) is already in dangote.....he spent only few weeks @ home after his NYSC and boy although I don't know his actual pay package but what I can say is that guy is in money.......his company even sponsored him nd his colleagues to india recently

2.1 is 2.1. whether 3.50 or 4.49. its a range for crying out loud. ur cousin was just fortunate and lucky. his cgpa wasn't the reason why he's had what he's had after service.

5 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by frainc(m): 2:37pm On Jul 20, 2014
Na how much entertainer dey collect na
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by wallex1983(m): 2:40pm On Jul 20, 2014
I really don't believe this. It sounds like engineering pays most. I am an engineer to the core. Only few, very few are lucky to get that much. If you are saying that the range of salaries of med doctors have narrow range and engineering has a wide range, then I'll accept you thought hook line and sinker

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
Op where fo you place cnstrction industry workers Like architect, q.s, builders. Iam yet to meet any broke architect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Abraham2013(m): 2:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
Evergreen123: Doctors at entry levels like house officers earn 2.1m per annum, not 1m as you posited, the pay increases till they become consultants.
This is not to say it is wonderful.
The thing with engineering is that not all eventually end up in oil companies, in fact majority don't get employed there, so, at the end of the day, they might not earn as much as u wrote
Bros e no get as belle go use worry malu(cow) make e slim reach goat. An entry level engineer in IOC earns more dan d CMD of any hospital in nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by oldenglish: 2:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
alentyno:

Basic addition and subtraction accounts for deposits and withdrawls into/out of accounts.
Maths forms the basis of financial mathematics which is used to calculate (compound) interest earned on savings accounts, or for calculating repayments on loans...
Maths is used in accounting, statistics, demographics, marketing, demographics, finance, valuing company stock etc. etc., all of which are important in running a banking firm.
But of course these disiplines are not unique to the banking sector. This is true of all forms of business.
Basic addition and subtractions nowadays are not done manually. Softwares are there to accomplish all those. That is why they can employ anybody these days and give the person some training and the person is good to go.
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Ollydon(m): 2:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
What abt agric.Economics?
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by hurricaneChris: 2:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
You can even count that million as a sharp Architectural student. You don't need anyone to employ you. Just hustle and get your NIA.....you are made.
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 2:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
Question what is the percentage of this ppl who are actually paid well, and I can tell you so many of this things has changed foreing workers now handle core technical positions in this companies. I was in a mega bank in nigeria where the wanted to employ an it person. Dnt knw the position though I was goin to negoitiate for a building contract and I saw naija boys just plenty then I saw this lebaneeze guy worked in, he came in last buh he was d first to be interviewd, they told him to wait they just rushed the rest and even the bank staff we're grumblin that we dnt appreciate our own

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
Please what about Optometrists
whats there chances of securing a job?
whats there salary?
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by segcymoor(m): 2:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
Hmnn
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by cleric(m): 2:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
ayusco85:

2.1 is 2.1. whether 3.50 or 4.49. its a range for crying out loud. ur cousin was just fortunate and lucky. his cgpa wasn't the reason why he's had what he's had after service.

8 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Yugosng(m): 2:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
....and your wonderful statistics is based on what data? What's your source please? undecided

Na, don't get it wrong, I didn't study soil science in school. I'm an electronics/communications engineer.

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Ezedf: 2:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ist both bsc and hnd?
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by laykhorn(m): 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
Team Computer Engineering!

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by LordMecuzy(m): 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
Mobi47: OP- What abt a finance graduate working with CBN??

Finance falls in all Bsc in CBN

Annual pay entry level is 3,400,000

productivity allowance after 2yrs 1,800,000

Furniture allowance after 4yrs 2,052,000

tho other traveling allowance applies

tnx
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Btruth: 2:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
cutiedave: wow,dis sounds nice.bt i need ur advice on dis issue.
i got admitted into yabatech last yr to study mech.eng bt couldn't resume bcus of d poly strike. Bt during d course of d stike,i obtained d jamb form to study mech.eng in unilorin.recently i had to change to mathematics bcus i dident meet mech.eng cutoff mark.
ma question is-should i continue with mech.eng in yaba or mathematics in unilorin?And which has better job opportunities.TANX
I think Mech.Engr @ Yaba will be better. My little advice though.
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by PastorOluT(m): 2:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
Mblem: am not really after the money..... lecturing till dead do us apart.. first to comment shaa
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Edigrows: 2:59pm On Jul 20, 2014
na wa, MONEY DEY FOR DIS COUNTRY OOOOH..... am pursuing one of doz courses sha, and thank God its part of d good ones listed here
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by kekakuz(m): 3:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
what of secondary school graduate with 7 F9?

what shall be given unto her.

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by PAnaceA7(m): 3:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
All i know is dat i WILL make it...Proud £¢onomi$t.
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by kskpoundz(m): 3:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
Mr op,where did u placed ship captains & sailors?

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Nezan(m): 3:02pm On Jul 20, 2014
The real high earning engineers are those that operate without salary limits. Civil engineers who are involved in the management of capital intensive projects.

6 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by alentyno: 3:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
Syenite:

Lie! If u don't know say u dnt know. Geologists and engineers are put on same pay level.

Besides some oil companies (indigenous) pay far below what u mentioned especially at entry level.
Geologists and engineers on the same pay?!
Seriously? I doubt!
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by oleeee(m): 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2014
dis ur post is making me proud ov ma course all over again
ELECT-ELECT
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by alentyno: 3:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
Abraham2013:
Bros e no get as belle go use worry malu(cow) make e slim reach goat. An entry level engineer in IOC earns more dan d CMD of any hospital in nigeria.
SIMPLE!

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Suresh08: 3:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
well done

Viewing this topic: gustavo440 , alleaynton ,
datguru , jonezz ( m), johnslick2 , Stinocollins,
Barbieadol ( m ), macpetrus ( m ), kalamayat ,
MyX1 , etochi11 , olanshi( m ), valen2ony ( m ),
francistboi( m), txh ( m ), PastorOluT ( m ),
adeoti01 ( m ), freecitizn , elder05 ( m ),
Damboy96 ( m ), draggie , successmart,
cocoduck , Sunnymarc ( m), emmayoc ,
johnbosco97 ( m ), StealthyMe( m ), olyalby( m ),
ziga, stevewale( m ), ayyuba , GKACME1 , Rhukie
( f ), Flawlessangel , Pipsland78 ( m ), sweetrie ( f ),
Ewizard , rickkid, emmalexabl( m), Btzzk ,
amalex , OdenigboAroli( m ), jiddodo ,
EngrDozzyMary ( m ), ocman , henryobinna ( m ),
freshprincex49 ( m), simplexvi ( m),
Olutola88 ( m), mescapee , tmtech, justwise( m ),
redfly ( m), Frankpiska, braine( m), medoty,
maxjax ( m ), oniconx , qstar ( m ), samilo88 ( m ),
mailadedamola, chukxy44 ( m ), Folksyharry ( m ),
japhmanuel ( m ), abbeywasc ( m), Blessynellah
( f ), kwammy5000 ( m ), martin92 , eghos12 ( m ),
lordmayor2013 ( m), PAnaceA7 ( m ), Ollydon ( m ),
lilyafaten, Bryan12 ( m), hopeyemih ( m ), k2kay
( m), Highbe ( m ), Azeez532 ( m), djaybaba,
Hardeyoye, Kachisbarbie ( f ), babate3e ( m),
Enrythesis ( m), bawelat , omidan21 ,
Dosinspector, baaliyah( m), Evestar200 ( f ),
caesaraba( m ), deri4luv1 ( m ), dmz ( m), Nezan
( m), TUNFOL , yorex2011 ( m ), Mystiqme,
Kayendy , amonzeus ( m), 01emek , teekay83 ,
Ivyluvie2 ( f ), 9jacrip , LONGFELLOW02 , zeezzy,
kekakuz , hotboz, samola01 , tmgtreasure,
BannedPhil0 , deloon ( m ), zeemahn ( m), kasid,
kubi240 , amaboy06 ( m ), Edigrows , xtratagem
( m ), cydophobia ( m ), adetopshot , lekzzydo ( m ),
J12 ( m ), iscbaba , osborn442 ( m ), cassyrooy
( m ), Khodry ( m ), collynzo2 ( m ), reechest,
tycoon2 , Incredibleme , Phiniz ( m ), Eminado007 ,
spinna, GBR1 , sammied ( m ), Blackchampion ,
Emperor07 ( m ), padeolu, 3coins ( m), lagbake3 ,
kroosx , chezzy13 ( f ), lanruz , funtanherb ( m ),
kskpoundz ( m), Jamaticulus( m), Kovic08 ( m ),
micklplus( m ), beinstein ( m ), Siddye( m ),
sydneyobioha ( m), gift01 , jedisco ( m),
salvatore007 ( m ), jamilkb( m ), alentyno , mazaje
( m ), Muhaymin ( m ), emmiej, Hadeyemy ,
IKEDIKE , sheymoni ( m ), Johnfem ,
psamuell2 ( m ), Yugosng , primusmaximus ,
sanbell, chukel ( m ), Samgreguc ( m), reenybaby
and 241 guest(s)
( Go Up )
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by DJMONACO(m): 3:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
wen I become a bizman after grad ,10 million will be notin to me.

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by 4lorunsho(m): 3:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
@ op what about the quantity surveying , architecture , building tech I.e Environmental design
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by japhmanuel: 3:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
[center][/center] what about international relations
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Samgreguc(m): 3:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
oshytayman: . Do your research well for pharmacists
ok. Bt, wot ur take on that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Human Resource Professionals: / Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! / Salary In The Nigerian Army?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.