Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) (285231 Views)

Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place / The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 / Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Abraham2013(m): 5:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
Exmay: I'm actually talking about legitimate income.
Bros no CMD earns upto 1 million as his basic salary. Abi u know say CMD na civil servant?
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by kaima1984(f): 5:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
alienation:
Geologists in Oil nd gas boys like total chevron and d likes earn btw 200-250k monthly @entry levels
Geologist @ Halliburton earns 900 ~ 1m monthly

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by cutiedave(m): 5:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
cutiedave: wow,dis sounds nice.bt i need ur advice on dis issue.
i got admitted into yabatech last yr to study mech.eng bt couldn't resume bcus of d poly strike. Bt during d course of d stike,i obtained d jamb form to study mech.eng in unilorin.recently i had to change to mathematics bcus i dident meet mech.eng cutoff mark.
ma question is-should i continue with mech.eng in yaba or mathematics in unilorin?And which has better job opportunities.TANX
av finally decided to continue wit studying mech.eng in yabatech and later doing a direct entry to a university,coz being an engineer assures you of a brighter future dan being a mathematician.a big tanks to those who av advised me,i reali appreciate.
nd pls do i av to do my IT in yabatech before doing my direct entry?...

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by lilpervert(m): 5:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
Where do you think physics ranks on that scale. I'm studying physics
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by ayusco85(m): 5:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
kaima1984: Geologist @ Halliburton earns 900 ~ 1m monthly

bros u can lie shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Cul4real(m): 5:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
[quote author=Cul4real]As a BSc.(Ed) in Accounting Education, I am adviced to have M.Ed in Educational Technology. Pls how lucrative will that be?...
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by dcasca(m): 5:58pm On Jul 20, 2014
For me, I think Engineers who are not so fortunate to work in oil companies are as good as average income earners. It is more about the industry you work than what you study.

4 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Mickyboiz: 5:58pm On Jul 20, 2014
wat of a physics graduate ?
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by noordean(m): 5:58pm On Jul 20, 2014
lilpervert: Where do you think physics ranks on that scale. I'm studying physics
nice avin u bro
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by alentyno: 6:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
adeoladrg: #TeamPharmacy

Bro, I really don't understand why you mentioned just the industrial pharmacists in your post. The reason for that is because of the structure of the industry, mosts pharmacists begin as sales reps, Bukky George of Healthplus Pharmacy is an example. Really, there's much more to pharmacy.

Do you know how much community pharmacies make per annum? The serious ones make about 5-10M.. I'm sure you know about the CONHESS salary scale, we receive only less than the doctors.

Pharmacy is the widest profession ever!!!

#TeamPharmacy once again.
Lol the figures you stated are so fairytale-like
So you mean to tell me that pharmacists earn 400k/month? If @ all its true give an example!.....just one lyk d one u mentioned healthplus pharm
or better still list out each CONHESS level with their corresponding pay if u actually have the facts with u
As far as I know I haven't seen a pharmacist that is paid up to 200k/month @entry level not even in hospitals
The only pharmacists I know that are enjoying the profession to the fullest are the ones working in UK or US where your starting salary is 80k dollars/yr irrespective of where u work
Btw what's d difference btw community and hospital pharmacists? *thought they were the same
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by alentyno: 6:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
kaima1984: Geologist @ Halliburton earns 900 ~ 1m monthly
monthly? Lol
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by nonsovich(m): 6:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
Op abeg no vex o...what abt geography.....how much too?

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Swiftboy(m): 6:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
Read all my comments each time you feel like quoting me. ;P
ayusco85:

hahahahaa. i guess i win then. cos if a geologist doesnt explore for the crude oil and gas, which oil and gas will the petroleum engineer refine? . we rock men cheesy
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Profmaojo: 6:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
Sir u said poor pay..i"m an aspiring to be a lecturer...currently studying mathematics and education. Pls wat is ur advise to me
OkikiOluwa1:
Which money are you not after?
I m also a lecturer. But a part time one.
Why I didn't take up a full time is cos of their poor pay!
Now, I combine graphic works making with lecturing...
That's how I balance my account.
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by obioraval(m): 6:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
Profmaojo: Which correct money...am nt talking abt illegal#blocking and tipping
ok.. 105k as a GA coupled with the free time you have to pursue your Msc degree full time... Its not always about the money. The money in academics doesn't come quickly. Well, I read your post somewhere about how you need a course that will give you fast money. People like you are the ones who will collect illegal blocking and tipping money....... I know of a Phd Candidate in FUTO who makes money from royalty paid for his published work in Germany...

4 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by adeoladrg(m): 6:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
alentyno:
Lol the figures you stated are so fairytale-like
So you mean to tell me that pharmacists earn 400k/month? If @ all its true give an example!.....just one lyk d one u mentioned healthplus pharm
or better still list out each CONHESS level with their corresponding pay if u actually have the facts with u
As far as I know I haven't seen a pharmacist that is paid up to 200k/month @entry level not even in hospitals
The only pharmacists I know that are enjoying the profession to the fullest are the ones working in UK or US where your starting salary is 80k dollars/yr irrespective of where u work
Btw what's d difference btw community and hospital pharmacists? *thought they were the same

I presently don't have the CONHESS figures.

Community pharmacists work in the communities, while hospital pharmacists work in hospitals.

Thing is, due to the diverse nature of pharmacy, pharmacists don't just sit and do one job. I know one pharmacy graduate working in an industry paying about 140,000. Closes at 4pm and resumes a locum job at a community pharmacy for about 80K and also does drug detailing. At the same time, he used his certificate to register a premise for about 400K annually.

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by alentyno: 6:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
nonsovich: Op abeg no vex o...what abt geography.....how much too?
I don't know much o.... It all depends if u end up in lecturing or ministry of lands and survey or....... May be u do the research urself esp thru asking higher colleagues

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Jarus(m): 6:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
alentyno: Although the importance of hard work cannot be overemphasised in any chosen profession, experts have said that studying some particular degrees will not only give you an edge in the job market, it also determines the amount of income you take home at the end of the day.

For example, in the oil and gas sector, petroleum, mechanical, chemical and electrical/electronics engineers at an entry level earn as much as N3.5m per annum, depending on the organisation.

Was this in 1994 or 2014?

In the upstream oil and gas industry, the least paying multinationals pay entry level accountants - not to talk of engineers - not less than 7m per annum. It is up to 12m in some. Even independents and other players hardly pay less than 5m for entry level engineer.

4 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 20, 2014
Mechanical (industrial nd production) Engineering on point...... B.Eng Degree hmmm na God jawe

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Bwaal(m): 6:26pm On Jul 20, 2014
this topic isnt complete without Architecture

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by kaima1984(f): 6:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
ayusco85:

bros u can lie shocked shocked
lie kwa?my dear am nt d 1 earning it bt I kw of a frd dat earns dat mnthly @halliburton
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by kaima1984(f): 6:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
alentyno:
monthly? Lol
yeap,ask around
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by JamesLucia: 6:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
lecturing job remain d best it gvs one chance to do business n other things
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by mimifavour(f): 6:30pm On Jul 20, 2014
What of environmental practitioners, under health and safety. Tnx

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Nicepoker(m): 6:30pm On Jul 20, 2014
alentyno:
How come? You have 2 degrees?
he stole one
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by alentyno: 6:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
Jarus:

Was this in 1994 or 2014?

In the upstream oil and gas industry, the least paying multinationals pay entry level accountants - not to talk of engineers - not less than 7m per annum. It is up to 12m in some. Even independents and other players hardly pay less than 5m for entry level engineer.

Lol oga jarus no vex o...... Actually dat figure is for indigenous coys not IOC's. If you read thru the thread you will see where I mentioned that shell pays 6.8m/yr while total doesn't pay less than 10m/yr

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by ayusco85(m): 6:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
kaima1984: lie kwa?my dear am nt d 1 earning it bt I kw of a frd dat earns dat mnthly @halliburton

He studied geology? Or geophysics? And does he ve an msc?
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Jarus(m): 6:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
alentyno:
Geologists in Oil nd gas coys like total chevron and d likes earn btw 200-250k monthly @entry levels

Are you guys serious

You're mentioning Shell, Chevron, Total and 250k in the same sentence.

Far back 2008, my friend that got entry level job in Shell, as an economist - not even engineer - was earning more than 500k net per month. That was even 6 years ago. And Shell is even one of the least paying of the IOCs.

2 Likes

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by Jarus(m): 6:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
alentyno:
Lol oga jarus no vex o...... Actually dat figure is for indigenous coys not IOC's. If you read thru the thread you will see where I mentioned that shell pays 6.8m/yr while total doesn't pay less than 10m/yr

OK. Well, indigenous still pass indigenous. I work for an independent, not an IOC, and entry level earns not less than 400k, and we're not even the market leader in independents. Afren, Seplat pay more than us.

1 Like

Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by alentyno: 6:37pm On Jul 20, 2014
kaima1984: lie kwa?my dear am nt d 1 earning it bt I kw of a frd dat earns dat mnthly @halliburton
I thought as much.....my dear that your friend exaggerated!..... You can ask my ogas like Sir Jarus to put you through
#SayNoToillusion
Re: Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) by akindele487(m): 6:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
pls where can a philosophy or political science graduate work

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Human Resource Professionals: / Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! / Salary In The Nigerian Army?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.