Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda (38939 Views)

Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda / Photos: US Soldiers Aircraft Make Emergency Landing On Highway In Uganda / The Rape Of Iraqi Women By Us Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by evilspirit: 11:54pm On Jul 18, 2014
Thank God no potholes on the road. Make e try am for Apapa

1 Like

Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by Kazzman(m): 12:11am On Jul 19, 2014
What.... shocked shocked shocked
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by Kazzman(m): 12:23am On Jul 19, 2014
constance500:

grin
angry
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 19, 2014
iceberylin:
u didn't laugh

bro ur filled with problems
Hahaha..Lwkmd

1 Like

Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by Kazzman(m): 12:33am On Jul 19, 2014
evilspirit: Thank God no potholes on the road. Make e try am for Apapa
Hahaahaaaa...
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by Kazzman(m): 12:35am On Jul 19, 2014
evilspirit: Thank God no potholes on the road. Make e try am for Apapa
Hahaahaaa...
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by kobonaire(m): 12:43am On Jul 19, 2014
Uganda should also charge the Americans a "landing fee"
smiley
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by mizzy007(m): 12:50am On Jul 19, 2014
Good road. No wonder he cld land witout tinkin twice
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by InvertedHammer: 1:12am On Jul 19, 2014
Lucky it is Ugandan freeway

Try landing on Apapa freeway or Mile 2-Badagry expressway

/
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by kobonaire(m): 1:47am On Jul 19, 2014
If this plane landed in lagos, 30 minutes, all the tyres will miss .... tongue
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by thoth: 3:26am On Jul 19, 2014
If i were the Ugandans i will seize that aircraft and all its cargo, make a list of traffic violations which it has broken and forward a fine to the US government which they must complete before they get back there aircraft. meanwhile i will make sure my security operatives thoroughly search the aircraft for any item valuable to out national intelligence infrastructure. and if and when items which does not conform to our rules are found , a thorough investigation and following interrogation will be administered on the passengers , whomever they may be.
Their route must be declared and their intentions must be made known. that or else........it will be a long stay in entebbe.

1 Like

Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by rafcrown(m): 3:47am On Jul 19, 2014
I LIKE THE PICTURE OF THE GOOD ROAD IN UGANDA.GOVERN US WELL.SAY NO TO CORRUPTION.
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by date1816: 5:04am On Jul 19, 2014
From my very nature the answer was clear: I knew God could hear me. I was not incidental; I was created.
My mother was an officer in the United States Navy so we moved quite a few times growing up.
But I spent most of my childhood years in Pensacola, Florida, a town with a population of about 50,000 people.
Pensacola is most well-known for its US Naval base and its Brownsville Revival Church.
On Sunday nights, you could hear the church music from miles away. My parents instilled in me a love of learning and an inquisitive nature from an early age. They taught me to "think outside the box" and find truth inside myself. They never encouraged me to conform. They nurtured independent minds in both my brother and myself.
I will never forget the moment it occurred to me that I had the power within myself to discern the basic truth about my creation. I was in middle school. I had completed my assignment half an hour early and I was quietly occupying myself with my thoughts. That's when I first discovered my natural religion.
Stories of New Muslims
- One Step from Me ... Two Steps from God
- I Felt Islam Deep Inside My Heart
- A Faith I Had Never Considered
- The Logic of the Quran Led Me to Islam
- I Didn't Want to Die a Non-Muslim
It came to me as I was staring at our classroom whiteboard, considering the significance of the myriad of information it contained. On this board, you could find the date, our homework assignments, the lesson, and you could even see the ghosts of yesterday's whiteboard contents in the corners where the eraser hadn't quite reached.
It suddenly struck me that my brain was like this whiteboard. The only difference was that, while the contents of our classroom whiteboard had been deliberately and carefully mapped out by its owner, my brain's whiteboard had been indiscriminately written upon by every image, song, book, expression, lecture, and argument to which I had ever been exposed. I imagined that, if I could see it, it would be a chaotic, indecipherable mess. This disturbed me, but then I wondered: If the images, writings, and hidden messages could be erased, what would I find beneath?
I realized there must be, beneath all that I had soaked up, me. I recognized that under all that "information" would be my uncorrupted self. And on the tails of that hypothesis was the realization that if I could communicate with my inner nature, I could find what beliefs were natural to me.
Did I have a purpose or was I incidental?
I decided to invest all my efforts at bringing forth a mental image of my whiteboard. On the board, would be written everything I "knew" about religion. And in my mind, I would stand in front of that board wielding an eraser, ready to find the truth beneath.
Mentally, I set down my eraser and I picked up a pen. I hesitated. What should I write?
First, I came upon the memorized biblical verses from Baptist daycare: "For God so loved the world…" - erased. Next came the mantras of Christian Science Sunday School, "There is no life, truth, intelligence, nor substance in matter…" - erased. And then there was a discussion I had overheard between my aunt and my parents, "Energy can be neither created nor destroyed…" - erased.
I erased it all. All the sad-eyed images of Jesus, all the verses, all the lessons, the documentaries - everything - I vanquished them. And only a shining whiteboard remained.
Mentally, I set down my eraser and I picked up a pen. I hesitated. What should I write? I started a sentence and stopped myself, suddenly very unsure. And then I asked myself the burning question that while I yearned to ask, I feared as well. I asked, "what if there is no such thing as God?" Immediately the answer ripped through my brain with almost terrifying force, shaking my whiteboard on its hinges, "Don't say that!" My nature screamed at me, "God can hear you!"
That was it. From my very nature the answer was clear: I knew God could hear me. I was not incidental; I was created. I lifted my pen and wrote simply: "I was created by God." This was my natural religion.
From then on, I carried my natural religion with me and protected it fiercely. I guarded it jealously from whatever theories, philosophies, or doctrines might indiscriminately attempt to etch themselves upon my precious whiteboard. I became skeptical of the things trusted adults might tell me.
I asked questions in Sunday school: How could God be human? How could God die? Why would God have a son? Why would God kill His son for my sins? Could God not simply forgive sin? Would you have me believe that I am more merciful than God? And the answers to these questions were either "Take it on faith," or an obvious lie.
From the day I bought it, my Quran was my favorite book. I didn't treat it like my other books.
My skepticism became cynicism. I was angry that these adults, ostensibly wiser than me, seemed intent on corrupting my inner truth. I began to hate Christianity. But I did not hate the Bible. I read the Bible and I felt love for Jesus. I felt love for the prophets. So I clung to that love and to the knowledge that my creation was no accident. I clung to my natural religion.
It wasn't until my first year of high school, that I learned what a Muslim was. My world-history teacher introduced us to Islam as part of our studies of the Arab world. Her lecture on Islamic theology was brief but shocking. She told us that there are one billion Muslims in the world. Muslims believe in One God. They believe Jesus was a prophet. It is an Abrahamic religion.
I listened in awe. And she mentioned a person who I had never heard of: Muhammad. She described him as a brilliant political leader who claimed to have received a revelation from God, called "Quran", while meditating in a cave. She described him accurately, but without love. The religion she portrayed sounded very foreign and masculine, but nonetheless it intrigued me. I resolved myself to read this revelation of Muhammad's, this "Quran."
From the day I bought it, my Quran was my favorite book. I didn't treat it like my other books. This book demanded respect. The cover had been so lovingly designed with its leather binding and lovely gold engravings. Inside, the Arabic text nestled next to the English translation fascinated me. When I carried it with me, I wrapped it in a lovely hand stitched blanket I had owned since I was a baby. I didn't want my school books rubbing against it and disturbing it.
I read the Quran patiently. In a way, I knew it was true before I read it. But the cynic in me held out, until I read one simple verse which hushed every doubt in me:
{Not for idle sport did I create the heavens and the earth and all that is between! If it had been My wish to take just a pastime, I should surely have taken it from the things nearest to Me, if I would do such a thing! Nay, I hurl the Truth against falsehood, and it knocks out its brain, and behold, falsehood does perish! Ah! Woe be to you for the false things you ascribe to Me.}( 21:16- cool
My Mind Reeled
This book was my natural religion. My natural religion was Islam
"Allah hurls truth against falsehood and knocks out its brain." I was not created idly. I am no plaything.
It all came together, my memory of my mental whiteboard shaking on its hinges and that violent cry, "God can hear you!" This verse explained it all. Allah hurls truth against falsehood and knocks out its brain.
This book was my natural religion. My natural religion was Islam.
Just about one year after I finished reading the Quran for the first time, at the age of 16, I took myShahadah. My parents, may Allah bless them and guide them, accepted my conversion from the very first day. I explained to my mother what the words of myShahadahmeant. She was surprised and curious. Shortly after I began wearing a headscarf in public, my father received some tracts in the mail which slandered Islam and Prophet Muhammad. They were sent anonymously by someone who wished to "warn" him about the "evil" religion I had embraced.
I remember my father threw them away in distaste. And he bought a book about Islam written by a Muslim to study up on my new faith. My parents make me feel very blessed.
The simple truth of Islam gives a life simple truth and meaning. Making such a huge change in direction can give a person perspective on life, one that will influence every decision they make from that day forward.
Seven years since I took myShahadah, I am now married with four children. Sometimes I look at my children in awe and try to imagine where I might be had my life followed a more conventional path. And frankly, it feels like I have been saved from something too terrible to imagine.
Islam encompasses everything I have, and more importantly everything I hope to be. I can only aspire to live up to all the blessings I have been given. All praise only due to Allah. And all thanks to Him. And there is nothing worthy of worship except Allah.
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by Nobody: 5:48am On Jul 19, 2014
pfijacobs: Dat moment when ur plane runs outta fuel in a bornu highway near sambisa forest... Niggas b like... Pilot abeg crash dis plane o.. Dnt land it o....

Fuel guage no dey workk ni? Abi won economise ni?? Uganda beware plz I don't trust Americ plane landing ooooo

1 Like

Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by tit(f): 6:01am On Jul 19, 2014
this uganda people get juju!
How can big plane land on a road?
Are there no electric/telephone poles by the side of the road?
This is like all the story of witches that turn into birds?
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by jookco(m): 6:01am On Jul 19, 2014
pfijacobs: Dat moment when ur plane runs outta fuel in a bornu highway near sambisa forest... Niggas b like... Pilot abeg crash dis plane o.. Dnt land it o....
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by MizTyna(f): 6:21am On Jul 19, 2014

Looool! Lesser of 2 evils
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by justi4jesu(f): 6:31am On Jul 19, 2014
kevoh:
Not necessarily. It is easier to land such aircrafts with propellers (same way helicopters land/take off) within a short distance than large commercial airplanes. For most commercial aeroplanes you will need a long distance of road without vehicular movements, hence the need for runways. I believe any trained and licensed pilot will land this same aircraft with ease.

Okay noted thanks for the heads up.
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by justi4jesu(f): 6:32am On Jul 19, 2014
MD45:

u dey there?

lol...the end justifies it abi wetin u been want make i talk tongue
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by omoadeleye(m): 6:36am On Jul 19, 2014
datguru: Where were they heading to ? kiss

See as village children dey watch aeroplane

they were surprised na, dat a plane can just land on a main road,
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by ojimbo(m): 6:45am On Jul 19, 2014
Austindark: BRAVO!!!!!!

tank God it wasn't serious o

but wait o, na ordinary Uganda get dat kind fine road?

PDP , APC n odas wey our oil money?
nigeria is a disgrace
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 19, 2014
Is this irrelevant gist stil supposed to be on front page. The u.s soldiers didn't suffer any casualty, so what is the joy in the continued deliberation. *walks out of thread*(dissapointed)
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by bot101(m): 6:57am On Jul 19, 2014
19naia: people praising the pilot for landing safely although untimely and out of place... A praise worthy pilot doesn't run out of fuel on a flight... A pilot is never to embark on a flight that is out of the aircraft range or without the correct fuel load for the journey... Even broken fuel gauge is no excuse, there are easy ways to track the fuel level over time.... Of course this goes to prove once again that african supported aircraft have a high failure rate for the same reasons political endeavors have a high failure rate in africa.. Wasn't long ago in Cameroon another aircraft servicing foreigners in africa, went down... shocked

OK Sha, heres some road way aircraft emergencies

[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcJK-gHkzC8
i feel like insulting you, but. . . you should have at least read what was written and clearly comprehended it before posting trash here.

1 Like

Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by Afritop(m): 7:00am On Jul 19, 2014
WOW! Even in Uganda and those roads are clean tarred and not much volumptous traffic. If for say na Lagos or federal expressway hin wan make landing, the pilot will be running out of ideas. But thank God everyone is safe
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by Rufex07(m): 7:04am On Jul 19, 2014
that was funny grin
that was funny
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by femofiboy(m): 7:16am On Jul 19, 2014
[quote author=pfijacobs]Dat moment when ur plane runs outta fuel in a bornu highway near sambisa forest... Niggas b like... Pilot abeg crash dis plane o.. Dnt land it o....[/quote)
Re: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda by femofiboy(m): 7:17am On Jul 19, 2014
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boy stones Fraser Anning With an egg for blaming New Zealand attack on Muslims / Turkey Rejects US Embassy’s Condolences Over Terror Attack In Istanbul / Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.