Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,861 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Domain Name And Web Hosting - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name And Web Hosting (1011 Views)

I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It / For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! / VIP.com Domain Name Sold for $1.4 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domain Name And Web Hosting by ABDamola(m): 9:02am On Jul 19, 2014
Pls how much is domain name and Web hosting now?

And pls do u knw any realiable web hoster cos 9jahoster wey I knw s nt functionin again?

Pls ur argent reply is needed
Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by hilaryiwens05: 9:23am On Jul 19, 2014
Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2014
ABDamola: Pls how much is domain name and Web hosting now?

And pls do u knw any realiable web hoster cos 9jahoster wey I knw s nt functionin again?

whats your budget and would you prefer a nigerian or foreign host
Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by ABDamola(m): 5:24pm On Jul 19, 2014
Jregz:

whats your budget and would you prefer a nigerian or foreign host

Wich one s reliable?
Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by LoadedHost(m): 7:12pm On Jul 19, 2014

https://www.loadedhost.com Is Reliable and Affordable to meet your needs.
Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 19, 2014
ABDamola:

Wich one s reliable?
to Be honest, Foreign hosts are more reliable.
Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by ABDamola(m): 10:08pm On Jul 19, 2014
Jregz:

Wich 1 do u suggest?
Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 19, 2014
ABDamola:

Wich 1 do u suggest?
check my signature!!!! Unlimited bandwidth, 24/7 support,daily backups. monthly, Or yearly payment, oh You can also pay for 6 months
Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by hilaryiwens05: 11:33pm On Jul 19, 2014
Wat difference dose it make, As if 9jarians host companies don't buy 4rm foreign host
Jregz:
Foreign hosts are more reliable.

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by sapientia(m): 12:39am On Jul 20, 2014
Am sorry.. No vex oo
i dont how else to say it.. If u wanna host a site and you dont know by name how much or where to.. I really dont know if you actually need it cos its the first thing they teach in web design... You might have another reason for needing the info.. If so.. Try trudigits.com..
It goes for 3500.. Domain name inclusive as it comes free with the hosting..its a naija host and one of the best..
Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by smthosting: 5:35am On Jul 20, 2014
YOU CAN TRY ww.smthosting.com

Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 20, 2014
hilaryiwens05: Wat difference dose it make, As if 9jarians host companies don't buy 4rm foreign host
d difference is price and y should I buy from a middleman when I can buy from d real provider
Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by hilaryiwens05: 10:43am On Jul 20, 2014
Its all choice, nobody is forcing u to buy from 9ja
Jregz:
d difference is price and y should I buy from a middleman when I can buy from d real provider
Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 20, 2014
Jregz:

Mr man not all Nigerian companies are Middle men... Some run Dedicated servers and some VPS. Not all are resellers.

Our company runs Dedicated servers in London https://easyspace.com - UK Based web hosting

We also run Dedicated Servers based in US for https://loadedhost.com -Nigeria/India based web hosting.

So don't judge us wrong. We are proud to be Nigerian host because we are Nigerians. The bad has corrupted the good I know.. But my brother look outside the box and know all are not the same. I just want to correct that fetish among Nigerians that assume all Nigerian hosts are the same.

Happy Sunday.
Victor-
CEO, LoadedGeek UAB Developers.
Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 20, 2014
coolsix:

Mr man not all Nigerian companies are Middle men... Some run Dedicated servers and some VPS. Not all are resellers.

Our company runs Dedicated servers in London https://easyspace.com - UK Based web hosting

We also run Dedicated Servers based in US for https://loadedhost.com -Nigeria/India based web hosting.

So don't judge us wrong. We are proud to be Nigerian host because we are Nigerians. The bad has corrupted the good I know.. But my brother look outside the box and know all are not the same. I just want to correct that fetish among Nigerians that assume all Nigerian hosts are the same.

Happy Sunday.
Victor-
CEO, LoadedGeek UAB Developers.
OK sir...........
Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by WebHostingPal: 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
Jregz:

I'm not directing this post to you buddy grin I'm just seizing your post as an opportunity to point out some important facts.

Out of interest, what gives you the impression that foreign web hosts are better ? or do you mean that there are more reliable foreign web hosting companies than in Nigeria ? the latter sounds more promising to me.

Also what do you term as real web hosting provider ? just to inform you and those that probably don't know, all web hosting companies are all middlemen including all those big companies you call real providers.

Are you thinking how did I know ? I used to work for two well known web hosting companies when I was in the UK and as big as these companies were and still are, I'm whispering it to you now that they have always rented the servers they are hosting their customers on.

I have discussed in full length about the web hosting companies I worked for in the UK and it's a shame that it's been lost when this nairaland website was hacked.

Here is another article I wrote in response to a guy that was talking about unlimited space and bandwidth, please read the article here.

In the article, I went a bit further discussing the hierarchy of the web hosting industry. Hopefully after reading that, people will stop dissing the few Nigeria web hosting companies that are truly working hard and stop tying everyone with the same brush.

One final thing is that, it's only a matter of time before the Nigerian government start taxing foreign companies that are tapping into the Nigerian economy without paying taxes. Should law be put in place now, I bet you will feel the pinch as well, just like every SME in Nigeria, because the foreign companies will start taxing you as well..grin

This is something that had already been done in the UK. You can read more about it here; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20560359

If you really want to completely cut out the middle-men in the web hosting industry, please stop mentioning, easyspace, godaddy, hostgator and them lot. If you have the money and the expertise then you want guys like Rack Space, SoftLayer.

If you can combine my response here to the one mentioned above, you should have a better understanding of the web hosting industry

I hope this helps. grin
Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
WebHostingPal:

I'm not directing this post to you buddy grin I'm just seizing your post as an opportunity to point out some important facts.

Out of interest, what gives you the impression that foreign web hosts are better ? or do you mean that there are more reliable foreign web hosting companies than in Nigeria ? the latter sounds more promising to me.

Also what do you term as real web hosting provider ? just to inform you and those that probably don't know, all web hosting companies are all middlemen including all those big companies you call real providers.

Are you thinking how did I know ? I used to work for two well known web hosting companies when I was in the UK and as big as these companies were and still are, I'm whispering it to you now that they have always rented the servers they are hosting their customers on.

I have discussed in full length about the web hosting companies I worked for in the UK and it's a shame that it's been lost when this nairaland website was hacked.

Here is another article I wrote in response to a guy that was talking about unlimited space and bandwidth, please read the article here.

In the article, I went a bit further discussing the hierarchy of the web hosting industry. Hopefully after reading that, people will stop dissing the few Nigeria web hosting companies that are truly working hard and stop tying everyone with the same brush.

One final thing is that, it's only a matter of time before the Nigerian government start taxing foreign companies that are tapping into the Nigerian economy without paying taxes. Should law be put in place now, I bet you will feel the pinch as well, just like every SME in Nigeria, because the foreign companies will start taxing you as well..grin

This is something that had already been done in the UK. You can read more about it here; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20560359

If you really want to completely cut out the middle-men in the web hosting industry, please stop mentioning, easyspace, godaddy, hostgator and them lot. If you have the money and the expertise then you want guys like Rack Space, Rack Space.

If you can combine my response here to the one mentioned above, you should have a better understanding of the web hosting industry

I hope this helps. grin
I know COYs like hostgator rent servers from softlayer and I definitely know bout the unlimited bandwidth sham... but They are reliable than a Nigerian host.... shikena. grin grin
Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by WebHostingPal: 11:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
Jregz:
I know COYs like hostgator rent servers from softlayer and I definitely know bout the unlimited bandwidth sham... but They are reliable than a Nigerian host.... shikena. grin grin

I bet they are... grin grin grin
Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by rasqie4me(m): 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
Amazing!!
Special offer get 5GB Diskpace for as low as N100/Month. visit www.clickhostnigeria.com to get started
You get
Unlimited email
Unlimited Bandwidth transfer
free sub domain
and lot more

Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by Shadracksibeko: 5:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
US based hosts are best no debate about that try Site5.com accredited host and search its online reviews
Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by minmini: 5:34am On Jul 24, 2014
I would suggest you to get the domain and hosting from 9CubeHosting.com here they provide Linux based web hosting. They provide good customer service and support.
Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by jerryboiii(m): 10:16am On Jul 24, 2014
Jregz:
gbam!
Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by clubmoney: 11:53am On Jul 24, 2014
who else need cheap, reliable, secure webhosting as low as N1,500 or to design your professional website. visit libertywisehost.com or call 08166529544
Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by blogsetter(m): 11:37am On Jul 25, 2014
Hello,
No one has to spend too much money on web hosting as long as this offer exists. for a measly $0.99 you get domain registration and web hosting for a year. For more info you may want to read this post http://blogsetter.com/setup-a-self-hosted-wordpress-blog-with-1and1/. Hope that helps
Re: Domain Name And Web Hosting by JohnnieBeeman(m): 11:57am On Jul 26, 2014
Hostgator Summer Sale 75% Off Hosting + Free WordPress Setup

Have I got a great summer promotion for you. My webhost, HostGator, is celebrating summer by offering 75% off on their most popular web hosting plans. All you have to do is sign up for a one month or six months term to get the discount. All other hosting plans are 45% off.

During the getaway sale, you can get new domains for only $8, and hosting for as low as $2.24 a month. The sale starts today, and end on Sunday, July 27th at 11:59pm CST. At midnight, July 28, prices will return to normal. You need to act fast if you want to take advantage of the savings.

Get the full information here: http://monkeegang./2014/07/25/hostgator-summer-sale-75-off-hosting-free-wordpress-setup/

(1) (Reply)

An E-commerce Website Is Needed Urgently For A Clothing Company / E-commerce Website. / Need Help On Wordpress Theme To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.