Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It (8610 Views)

Secrets Of Making Money Online Revealed (learn It Here For Free). / Website Designing, Graphic Designing, And Web Hosting Services. Cheap & Reliable / GENESIS FRAMEWORK+THEMES, WORDPRESS/WEB DEVELOPMENT VIDEO TRAINING & SOFTWARES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by deawong(m): 9:44am On Jun 15, 2015
nairalanders i really want to learn about web development and web design please where can i learn it in lagos.
I have heard about NIIT and i decided to make enquiry but i was told its 175k to learn web development and web design.
please will NIIT teach me how to create a site like nairaland asin i want to start from the scratch and build my own forum site like nairaland....
Kindly drop your comments please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by JohnDoe2015: 11:05am On Jun 15, 2015
web development..
do you really want to learn web programmin?
if yes, I have the solution to your answer..
1. the truth is with the huge sum of money you are going to pay @NIIT, you won't still be fulfilled becos programing requires personal training and motivation.
2. truth, everyone says motivation, personal training but the place of a mentor can not be under estimated.. so to learn quick and fast, you also need a mentor
3. you also need programmers, people of like minds who want to learn same thing or doing same thing so you can share ideas while you both learn..
well you might think.

I know I have told you the truth in good faith, but I have a solution...
I am also a learner and have been into web for 2years now, I want to help you, help myself and others who r interested in a group of 5programmers where we will teach ourselves well, buy materials ourselves online and learn at a fast pace with losing huge sum of money to NIIT.
pls whatsapp me on 2349033863912.
note, am not collecting any money from you.
must reside in Lagos

or call 08111376559

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by Lantean(m): 11:25am On Jun 15, 2015
deawong:
nairalanders i really want to learn about web development and web design please where can i learn it in lagos.
I have heard about NIIT and i decided to make enquiry but i was told its 175k to learn web development and web design.
please will NIIT teach me how to create a site like nairaland asin i want to start from the scratch and build my own forum site like nairaland....

Honestly, you don't need to spend that much to learn web development at all. Cos i didn't.
Rather, reading like you're preparing for an exam, practising and dedication are what you need. 'Mentoring' or support can be sought online by joining relevant help communities or like i prefer... "Googling" (Google search) problems. i have some books i printed from years ago: one on HTML & CSS, another on PHP & MySQL.
You can have them if you want cos i've outgrown them. But i live in Ikotun, Lagos State.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by deawong(m): 11:35am On Jun 15, 2015
Lantean:

Honestly, you don't need to spend that much to learn web development at all. Cos i didn't.
Rather, reading like you're preparing for an exam, practising and dedication are what you need. 'Mentoring' or support can be sought online by joining relevant help communities or like i prefer... "Googling" (Google search) problems. i have some books i printed from years ago: one on HTML & CSS, another on PHP & MySQL.
You can have them if you want cos i've outgrown them. But i live in Ikotun, Lagos State.
have u ever gone 2 NIIT?
Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by AkinseteK(m): 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2015
deawong:

I can take you Website Development on a one on one training. Courses includes HTML, HTML5, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, JQUERY PHP, TWITTER BOOTSTRAP, WEBSITE HOSTING AND MYSQL, and FOR CMS courses includes JOOMLA and WORDPRESS . U can call me on 08034089466 for more discussion
Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by Taiw(m): 7:02pm On Jun 15, 2015
Lagos Bootcamp App Training starts by June. Learn to build powerful web apps as well as mobile apps. For more info visit www.africhoicesolutions.com or send a mail to info@africhoicesolutions.com

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by deawong(m): 7:08pm On Jun 15, 2015
AkinseteK:

I can take you Website Development on a one on one training. Courses includes HTML, HTML5, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, JQUERY PHP, TWITTER BOOTSTRAP, WEBSITE HOSTING AND MYSQL, and FOR CMS courses includes JOOMLA and WORDPRESS . U can call me on 08034089466 for more discussion
ur numba no da go o
Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by Lantean(m): 11:09pm On Jun 15, 2015
deawong:
have u ever gone 2 NIIT?
No and thank goodness i haven't been there to pay that much for any course.
I'm a self-taught web developer. I began by reading books meant for beginners then on to Pro-targeted books so as to hone my skills.
You should know the web is full of resources on training oneself and you'll be amazed to know most of the popular authors (David Powers, Ed Tittel, Kevin Yank, Janet Valade... ) of web development books were self-taught. Which brings me to one of my philosophies of life; if somebody can, i can. But if you must get tutoring, be sure not to limit yourself to that class, explore other angles of by a couple of authors' thoughts on concepts and techniques. Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by Nobody: 2:55am On Jun 16, 2015
AkinseteK:

Bros no vex abeg. When did TWITTER become a programming language? shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by Gyarados(m): 5:00am On Jun 16, 2015
You can learn basic web programming on http://w3schools.com, example my web, create on wapka.mobi http://pokehunter.com , i learn web n wap programming n design in w3schools.com (html, css, js, php, etc)

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by ogaprime(m): 2:33pm On Aug 24, 2015
Lantean:

No and thank goodness i haven't been there to pay that much for any course.
I'm a self-taught web developer. I began by reading books meant for beginners then on to Pro-targeted books so as to hone my skills.
You should know the web is full of resources on training oneself and you'll be amazed to know most of the popular authors (David Powers, Ed Tittel, Kevin Yank, Janet Valade... ) of web development books were self-taught. Which brings me to one of my philosophies of life; if somebody can, i can. But if you must get tutoring, be sure not to limit yourself to that class, explore other angles of by a couple of authors' thoughts on concepts and techniques. Good luck.

Pro-targeted books like what sir Cos I am teaching myself too with beginner's book
Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by Darvel(m): 5:26pm On Aug 24, 2015
Lantean:

bro pls i need dem
Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by Darvel(m): 5:29pm On Aug 24, 2015
Gyarados:
You can learn basic web programming on http://w3schools.com, example my web, create on wapka.mobi http://pokehunter.com , i learn web n wap programming n design in w3schools.com (html, css, js, php, etc)
bro u fit teach me wapka
Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by gozmos(m): 7:14pm On Aug 24, 2015
deawong:

Wr do u base.. Personal training and tutorial materials are what you need... I can help u out wt dat
Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by Lantean(m): 1:33am On Sep 12, 2015
Darvel:
bro pls i need dem
Sorry man. A guy from nairaland picked them up, months ago.
Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by Lantean(m): 1:57am On Sep 12, 2015
ogaprime:

Pro-targeted books like what sir Cos I am teaching myself too with beginner's book
First of all, consider pro-targeted in quotes. it's a marketing ploy. Secondly, anyone can be a "Pro". So to become one, learn more about a language and try solving problems by yourself.
Lastly: (1)Expert MySQL by Charles Bell.
(2)Pro PHP Application Performance - Tuning PHP Web Projects For Maximum Performance by Armando Padilla and Tim Hawkins
(3) Pro PHP MVC by Chris Pitt.

PS: Don't read books only. Practise by building a website and improve the backend as you deem fit. Good luck
Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by ogaprime(m): 9:58am On Sep 12, 2015
Lantean:

First of all, consider pro-targeted in quotes. it's a marketing ploy. Secondly, anyone can be a "Pro". So to become one, learn more about a language and try solving problems by yourself.
Lastly: (1)Expert MySQL by Charles Bell.
(2)Pro PHP Application Performance - Tuning PHP Web Projects For Maximum Performance by Armando Padilla and Tim Hawkins
(3) Pro PHP MVC by Chris Pitt.

PS: Don't read books only. Practise by building a website and improve the backend as you deem fit. Good luck

Thanks sir...
Actually, I just finished my nysc, from management field. I have started learning html on my own, having little problem with CSS. I will get those books you recommended. Thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by Lantean(m): 11:43am On Sep 12, 2015
ogaprime:

Thanks sir...
Actually, I just finished my nysc, from management field. I have started learning html on my own, having little problem with CSS. I will get those books you recommended. Thanks

You're welcome. CSS problems! Every web developer goes through that even experts.
I suggest you create a hack(workaround) to save time, if you can't get the CSS to do what you really want.
Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by ogaprime(m): 10:28pm On Sep 12, 2015
Lantean:

You're welcome. CSS problems! Every web developer goes through that even experts.
I suggest you create a hack(workaround) to save time, if you can't get the CSS to do what you really want.

Hack(workaround) as in??
Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by Lantean(m): 6:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
ogaprime:

Hack(workaround) as in??

when you've a style you intend to do but css doesn't do what you really want. you devise crude method or another means of exploring 'loop holes' in css rules.
Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by ogaprime(m): 8:23pm On Sep 13, 2015
Lantean:

when you've a style you intend to do but css doesn't do what you really want. you devise crude method or another means of exploring 'loop holes' in css rules.

Hmmm...I get de gist now.
Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by anitchec(m): 3:33pm On Sep 16, 2015
You can learn web development on your own if u put ur mind to it "am a living testament of that" but building a site like nairaland from scratch on your own is going to take some time and lots of reading.
Checkout out www.w3schools.com to get a good understanding of how u need to proceed, more like a course outline.
Then you check out www.lynda.com for video tutorials. Remember all this won't be possible if u don't own a personal computer. Since this is about learning without spending a fortune, I can send you a DVD copy of HTML essential training, Css essential training and when your done with that and I see u have the heart for it, you will send the JavaScript, and the baddest of them all...PHP essential training. I won't charge u a penny for it, but I'll test u each time I send an upgrade to see if am wasting my time and resources. anitchec@gmail.com....Halla!!

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by anitchec(m): 3:33pm On Sep 16, 2015
You can learn web development on your own if u put ur mind to it "am a living testament of that" but building a site like nairaland from scratch on your own is going to take some time and lots of reading.
Checkout out www.w3schools.com to get a good understanding of how u need to proceed, more like a course outline.
Then you check out www.lynda.com for video tutorials. Remember all this won't be possible if u don't own a personal computer. Since this is about learning without spending a fortune, I can send you a DVD copy of HTML essential training, Css essential training and when your done with that and I see u have the heart for it, you will send the JavaScript, and the baddest of them all...PHP essential training. I won't charge u a penny for it, but I'll test u each time I send an upgrade to see if am wasting my time and resources. anitchec@gmail.com....Halla!!
Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by Fredzy7(m): 4:26pm On Sep 16, 2015
the best webdevelopers are self thought, but trust me dont pay that much money for learning just try it if you cant then get something cheap, i personally learn web design, by googling "who owns wordpress" now i am googling "how php started", it takes time not money to learn web designing, but if you have someone who can put you through thats okay too, but let me tell you what order you should learn.

1. Html
2. CSS
3. PHP
4. MYSQL

i am just going into number 3 myself, there are others but i assure you once you have learnt this four, you can build a good website from scratch

Check out this two websites to begin
www.w3schools.com and www.codeacademy.com i am currently using code academy but everything 1 & 2 related is found on W3school

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by basille(m): 10:58pm On Sep 25, 2015
First of all learn Programming logic and techniques. This would help you in the long run and it's also one of the advantages of going to NIIT.
Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by Nobody: 7:14am On May 12, 2016
ogaprime:

Thanks sir...
Learning HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT and PHP is a perfect decision. Hurray!
However, there are a lot of reasons why you should never code your own websites from scratch. I will list few of them here:
vulnerability: each website you code using your basic coding skills in the above listed technogies may be easily hacked!
maintaince : maintaining your websites will be difficult! For example, if you used, say, PHP 4, then you'll have to recode your entire site to the latest version of PHP. Adding images will be hard.
visual appeal: no body will like to visit your website again because it sucks...
=>read more here: https://www.nairaland.com/3074898/learn-how-design-website-without
Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by Nobody: 8:05am On May 12, 2016
Fredzy7:

you can build a good website from scratch

Check out this two websites to begin
www.w3schools.com and www.codeacademy.com i am currently using code academy but everything 1 & 2 related is found on W3school
I took the same path far back in 2011, but trust me, if you code websites from scratch, you'll be risking so many things...
For instance, look at this simple but potentially dangerous code snippet:

<?php
$postID = $_GET['post_id'];
$titleID = $_GET['title_id'];
/*if the values passed in the querystrings are not numeric then give them values of 1*/
if(!isnum($postID))
{
$postID == 1;
}
if(!isnum($titleID))
{
$titleID == 1;
}
?>

But what happens if a user enters a numeric value like 65.85? Also, experienced hackers can leverage on poorly structured codes!
This is just one of many possible dangers your poorly written codes can pose.
read here=> https://www.nairaland.com/3074898/learn-how-design-website-without
Re: I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It by nkkybaby: 2:30pm On Jul 19, 2016
l am a web developer/instructor. l v worked with big lT company like aptech in Nigeria. notin much, if you really want learn web programming from scratch, contact me on 08141678749. l guarantee u visibly in less than 2month, u will b able to play around with web development.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Find Out The Problems That Can Increase The Risk Of The Higher Bounce Rate / Why Do People "Buy" Google Adsense Accounts? / How To Make Pics Uncopyable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.