Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,165 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Aso-ebi Debate - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Aso-ebi Debate (1462 Views)

DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? / Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals / Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aso-ebi Debate by stunningjudy(f): 10:04am On Jul 19, 2014
I'm posting this here because i believe matured minds are here. Why do most brides sell aso-ebi materials @ high rates and some sell cheaper? Most girls also give for free. Those selling @ high rates do they feel they are doing their friends a favour? Because often times the 'aso-ebi' ladies spend alot preparing for the wedding. I still dont understand the idea behind selling the material. Please i need opinions from the house.
Re: Aso-ebi Debate by okirewaju(f): 12:01pm On Jul 19, 2014
It all depends on the bride

Some sell their aso-ebi to make extra cash for the day while some aso-ebi are really expensive materials-e.g a lace of 10k per yard

Some brides don't go for quality(their choice) hence some aso-ebi's are cheap while some go for expensive ones and give them out cheaply to their friends.

Some see it as their friend's contribution towards their marriage.

In all, it is not a must to wear an aso-ebi to an occasion. A friend of mine is getting married soon and her aso-ebi is 30k, I might or might not get it. Its not a big deal, funny enough some people don't like wearing aso-ebi whether its cheap or expensive, they don't fancy it.

1 Like

Re: Aso-ebi Debate by beeevan: 1:55pm On Jul 19, 2014
The last thing i will buy from anyone is Ashebi, i gave mine for free.
Re: Aso-ebi Debate by damiso(f): 2:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
beeevan: The last thing i will buy from anyone is Ashebi, i gave mine for free.

shocked shocked wow you must be very rich babes.Like how many did you give out?

I sold mine but made it very affordable and as soon as I sold the number I was comfortable with I told people to wear what they wanted (to my mother's dismay grin)..Looking back now sef was just too much hasssle.I also did not take it personal for those people who decided not to buy the way some people seem to.

It's an individual thing jare and not really something one should guilt people into doing.I don't get why people take it badly especially when you tell them you have something similar undecided.God knows how much I spent on aso ebi in the past.No more except I am very close to you. wink I have children to plan for these days.

1 Like

Re: Aso-ebi Debate by egopersonified(f): 2:13pm On Jul 19, 2014
For those sourcing for money, it is an opportunity to raise funds, the profit can be used to pay for other expenses and/or give souvenirs to buyers. Some give it out for free, including money to sew it atimes. Some want to just showcase their family or friends without make a dime and selling at cost price. But whether you get paid is another issue entirely.

2 Likes

Re: Aso-ebi Debate by EfemenaXY: 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2014
stunningjudy: I'm posting this here because i believe matured minds are here. Why do most brides sell aso-ebi materials @ high rates and some sell cheaper? Most girls also give for free. Those selling @ high rates do they feel they are doing their friends a favour? Because often times the 'aso-ebi' ladies spend alot preparing for the wedding. I still dont understand the idea behind selling the material. Please i need opinions from the house.

Unnecessary stress - this Aso-ebi wahala.

With or without it, the marriage will still go on.
Re: Aso-ebi Debate by bennyrazz: 2:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
Aso ebi issue again??
Re: Aso-ebi Debate by stunningjudy(f): 2:46pm On Jul 19, 2014
beeevan: The last thing i will buy from anyone is Ashebi, i gave mine for free.

Lolz
Re: Aso-ebi Debate by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2014
I don't think I can put myself thru the hassles of aso ebi logistsics. Too much stress in my own opinion. I'll just pick colours of the day. Everybody should wear what they have abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Aso-ebi Debate by beeevan: 6:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
damiso:

shocked shocked wow you must be very rich babes.Like how many did you give out?

I sold mine but made it very affordable and as soon as I sold the number I was comfortable with I told people to wear what they wanted (to my mother's dismay grin)..Looking back now sef was just too much hasssle.I also did not take it personal for those people who decided not to buy the way some people seem to.

It's an individual thing jare and not really something one should guilt people into doing.I don't get why people take it badly especially when you tell them you have something similar undecided.God knows how much I spent on aso ebi in the past.No more except I am very close to you. wink I have children to plan for these days.

I gave to my friends, just 16 of them. Others wore what they liked,there is a way I view it, am the one that wants them in uniform, why task them for it? Just my opinion though.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Youth Corper Doctor Allegedly Rapes Pregnant Patient In Delta State / Its Our Xmas Splash..... Don't Be Left Out Of The Fun / This Picture Of A Father And His Baby Will Make Your Heart Melt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.