Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,575 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife (6537 Views)

Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long / Am Tired Of Staying With My Parents. / My Brother's Wife Wants to Sleep With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by bbdrown: 1:06pm On Jul 19, 2014
I've heard my elder brother and sister's "testimony" about living with our uncles when they were young. The way they were treated, especially by the wives, was very appalling. They abused them & made them see hell...more like they were so jealous...(of what?!!!). Unfortunately, the uncle wld always feel less concerned, or feel the wife was right. I just thank my stars I wasn't born then. Let's share our experiences.
Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by egopersonified(f): 1:33pm On Jul 19, 2014
My step mum, she trained us to do everything ourselves and at a very young age. So to avoid trouble, I learnt fast how to do my chores perfectly and on time. When i got married and came to visit, her own kids bluntly refused to cook and fry d chicken she asked them to, it was me she now asked to help talk to her daughters of btw 18 to 21 yrs. In my mind, I just laughed, if it were my days, who born u. Now after eight years of marriage and 3 kids, I ve never had a househelp, my kids are even helping with chores now.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by bbdrown: 1:42pm On Jul 19, 2014
egopersonified: My step mum, she trained us to do everything ourselves and at a very young age. So to avoid trouble, I learnt fast how to do my chores perfectly and on time. When i got married and came to visit, her own kids bluntly refused to cook and fry d chicken she asked them to, it was me she now asked to help talk to her daughters of btw 18 to 21 yrs. In my mind, I just laughed, if it were my days, who born u. Now after eight years of marriage and 3 kids, I ve never had a househelp, my kids are even helping with chores now.
wow... grin

2 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by Splendblex(f): 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
egopersonified: My step mum, she trained us to do everything ourselves and at a very young age. So to avoid trouble, I learnt fast how to do my chores perfectly and on time. When i got married and came to visit, her own kids bluntly refused to cook and fry d chicken she asked them to, it was me she now asked to help talk to her daughters of btw 18 to 21 yrs. In my mind, I just laughed, if it were my days, who born u. Now after eight years of marriage and 3 kids, I ve never had a househelp, my kids are even helping with chores now.
That's lovely, your step mum thought she was being wicked not knowing it will make you stronger.

8 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by Bigsteveg(m): 5:12pm On Jul 19, 2014
First..mother in law and now brother wife... Women sha
Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by Bigsteveg(m): 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2014

Nice, her own kids end up useless while u becum useful to ur environment, back then, she and her kids would be smiling. Some women sha.
Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by egopersonified(f): 2:26pm On Jul 20, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Nice, her own kids end up useless while u becum useful to ur environment, back then, she and her kids would be smiling. Some women sha.

not useless really, just diff mentality. I believe i can achieve whatever I set out to do, they believe someone will help them achieve or help them be relevant to society, just over dependence.

2 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by Emmyk(m): 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
Can't talk, she might be here! lipsrsealed
Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by bbdrown: 3:39pm On Jul 22, 2014
Emmyk: Can't talk, she might be here! lipsrsealed
hahaha...u dey fear
Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by coogar: 3:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
bbdrown: I've heard my elder brother and sister's "testimony" about living with our uncles when they were young. The way they were treated, especially by the wives, was very appalling. They abused them & made them see hell...more like they were so jealous...(of what?!!!). Unfortunately, the uncle wld always feel less concerned, or feel the wife was right. I just thank my stars I wasn't born then. Let's share our experiences.

thank God i never had to stay with anyone in my entire life apart from my parents. i dunno if i can handle an uncle's wife or stepmom ordering me around. she would have caught a fist!

2 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by Teespice(f): 5:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
I have once lived with one, not lived per se but staying in her house for mid term breaks and short holidays and the experience was really horrible. But in a way, it helped me in terms of tolerance and endurance.

It is not something I would wish for my enemy. Some women are wicked with a capital W.
Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by coogar: 5:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
Teespice: I have once lived with one, not lived per se but staying in her house for mid term breaks and short holidays and the experience was really horrible. But in a way, it helped me in terms of tolerance and endurance.

It is not something I would wish for my enemy. Some nearly all women are wicked with a capital W.

fixed it for you!

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by Teespice(f): 5:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
coogar:

fixed it for you!

Coogar,

I did not ask you to alter the post thank you very much.

2 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by coogar: 5:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
Teespice:

Coogar,

I did not ask you to alter the post thank you very much.

my constitutional right as a nigerian gives me the power to alter, edit or even delete your post. if you feel too salty as a woman, go get a sex change!
Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by Teespice(f): 5:17pm On Jul 22, 2014
coogar:

fixed it for you!
Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by Teespice(f): 5:18pm On Jul 22, 2014
coogar:

my constitutional right as a nigerian gives me the power to alter, edit or even delete your post. if you feel too salty as a woman, go get a sex change!

Troublemaker

No time to engage you biko.

4 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by coogar: 5:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
Teespice:
Troublemaker
No time to engage you biko.

brilliant decision!
Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
Wow. Experiences here are unpleasant. I've never had such experience because i 've never stayed with an aunt or uncle except on occasional visits. I've been wondering why the so-called aunts and uncles are this mean to their Neice/nephews. I dnt understand it. Is it sibling rivalry or what?
Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by shiftmarket(m): 2:36pm On Aug 25, 2014
As the uncle in question what would you advise he does and not have a situation where that anger is transferred to him or he is not accused of being biased
Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by bbdrown: 2:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
shiftmarket: As the uncle in question what would you advise he does and not have a situation where that anger is transferred to him or he is not accused of being biased
My uncle I once stayed with is so mature!!! Responsible and mature ones know how to deal with such issues.

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by Godmystrength: 3:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
I never had the experience of staying with an uncle but i stayed with my aunty (father's youngest sister) for a short period. I had just finish writing waec and jamb and waiting for my results. My aunty had a 3months old baby then and she begged my mum to allow her go with me so i can help take care of her baby. because i love babies and my mum felt pity for her, she allowed me.

Her husband now spoilt everything. In his words, he wants to be dating me (i was 16years then). When i didn't agree, he tried to go physical but i know he won't ever forget me. he couldn't tell his wife and i didn't say a word till my daddy came one day to take me. That was when i told my dad everything. Since then, my parents have not allowed us spend a night in a relatives house without company

but my aunty still used me like a maid embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by ojesymsym: 3:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
bbdrown: My uncle I once stayed with is so mature!!! Responsible and mature ones know how to deal with such issues.

Matured Either the woman was not really out for territorial demarcation or the man took the heat on your behalf without your knowledge.
Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by bbdrown: 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2014
ojesymsym:

Matured Either the woman was not really out for territorial demarcation or the man took the heat on your behalf without your knowledge.
u know women, they are not perfect. No matter how nice our uncles' wives are, they will show some signs.
Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by rofemiguwa(f): 5:30pm On Aug 25, 2014
I have stayed with both aunty and uncles wife in both cases. Chai! I was totaLly used. I wake up as early as 5 clean , mop, arrange cook end up going late to work but still dy go carry face for me
Weekends I go cook two pots of soups and stew. Till that food finish I no go chop am
Simply because I get home from work by 8pm and she don close her kitchen witout bringing out my own food. Meanwhile her younger sis will get home by 10 open kitchen, open freezer collect food chop.
When we run out of food madam chef and maid continue the cycle of of cooking food she never eats

I really 'hear' am . As if that wasn't enough they wiLl still badmouth me and tell all kinds of lies against me to my. Uncle.

Thank God I left finally chineke!

Funny how years later the woman is begging for reconcilation. I don't hold anytin against her o! Just that the house brings back lots of painful memories.

My auntys husband tried sneaking into my room one night when I woke up he said he was checking if all the lights was off. In my mind I was like this man must tink am stupid.
The next time he entered my room and tried climbing on my bed I broke bottle on his head.
When his wife came back from vigil he no fit explain. Anyway I checked my self out the following day.

My advice to anyone if u are quiet and coolheaded like me please don't stay with relatives they will turn u to rag.

I really suffered. But thank God I scaled tru it kinda make me stronger but I don't wish the experience for my enemy.

Imagine slaving for ur inlaw that is ur age mate because her sister is ur uncles wife.it is crazy I tell ya
knm

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by Godmystrength: 5:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
rofemiguwa: My auntys husband tried sneaking into my room one night when I woke up he said he was checking if all the lights was off. In my mind I was like this man must tink am stupid.
The next time he entered my room and tried climbing on my bed I broke bottle on his head.
When his wife came back from vigil he no fit explain. Anyway I checked my self out the following day.

My advice to anyone if u are quiet and coolheaded like me please don't stay with relatives they will turn u to rag.
I can identify with this sha. Though in my own case, he said he came to drink water (the fridge was in the room i sleep). The room didn't have a door to lock and he will even come naked. Just that i didn't have the mind to break a bottle then i did what i could do then.

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by Amhappy(f): 6:00pm On Aug 25, 2014
It took me 6months to forgive and another 6months to recover. Two years of agony,blackmailing,backstabbing,insult,putting down and slander. Even after i left,the slander continued but i simply chose to ignore.It was an unnecessary experience,i lost my self esteem in the process. It was easier to forgive the woman blc she ttc then and took out her frustration on me but it was tougher to forgive the man i have called my brother since when i was a kid. Today when i accomodate people who need a home,i pray everyday to love them.

2 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by bbdrown: 10:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
Amhappy: It took me 6months to forgive and another 6months to recover. Two years of agony,blackmailing,backstabbing,insult,putting down and slander. Even after i left,the slander continued but i simply chose to ignore.It was an unnecessary experience,i lost my self esteem in the process. It was easier to forgive the woman blc she ttc then and took out her frustration on me but it was tougher to forgive the man i have called my brother since when i was a kid. Today when i accomodate people who need a home,i pray everyday to love them.
u are a strong woman...really. I salute you.
Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by Kanwulia: 10:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
I tried it once.
The last time for sure. kiss

I could not wait for her to LEAVE!!! kiss
Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by SAMBARRY: 10:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
Never liked the idea and neither will I allow my daughter to.in Nigeria aunties/uncles will use you like rain water and treat you like crap.the stories I have heard about that rubbish sef made it never appeal to me
Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by bbdrown: 11:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
SAMBARRY: Never liked the idea and neither will I allow my daughter to.in Nigeria aunties/uncles will use you like rain water and treat you like crap.the stories I have heard about that rubbish sef made it never appeal to me
Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by Hollyb(f): 7:18am On Aug 26, 2014
Wow seeing all these experiences shows that am quite lucky. I've stayed wit a brother for some months and his wife was extra nice. Although my second brothers wife once showed her true colour and av since stopped my familiarity wit her immediately. Abeg no tym to waste on pple dat don't appreciate me

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife by Haywhymido(m): 4:12pm On Aug 26, 2014
Thank God 4 my life o. Am d lucky one

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Send Your Elderly Parent Back To Nigeria? / See What Someone's Son Was Caught Doing. (abomination!). / I Don't Know What To Do......suggestions Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.