Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie (24018 Views)

Simon Lalong Accuses Jonah Jang Of Last Minute Looting / Characters In Chimamanda's Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah / Chimamanda Adichie: The Miraculous Deliverance Of Oga Jona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by timothyuche1(m): 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2014
One of our problems in Nigeria is that we don't read, if someone cannot read this small article tell me how he can read some voluminous books, little wonder they say 'if you want to hide something from a black man put it in a book'.
Dedicated to those who don't need to read this wonderful piece on the claim that it is too much

4 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by sexzskil(f): 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2014
Chubhie: Nigerians have been generating their own electricity and providing their own pipe bore water individually without Government. Now, imagine what we could all achieve collectively? We have the abundant resources and manpower to match. With these, you will agree with me that we should be robbing it off with the likes of Russian and USA and not struggling with govt promising to construct roads and build fourth mainland and second niger bridges! Our corrupt leaders only make it appear far fetched but in reality it is within reach.
Did you just mention Nigerian robbing filthy shoulders with USA if their so-called resources is well utilised? My friend, stop giving yourself and fellow clueless Nigerians unrealistic hope. You could have at least mention South Africa.

Bunch of crap!
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by sugaarbear(m): 7:43pm On Jul 19, 2014
reading this makes me hungry..........
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by sugaarbear(m): 7:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
timothyuche1: One of our problems in Nigeria is that we don't read, if someone cannot read this small article tell me how he can read some voluminous books, little wonder they say 'if you want to hide something from a black man put it in a book'.
Dedicated to those who don't need to read this wonderful piece on the claim that it is too much
but wait oo....you wouldnt expect me to read this article on an empty stomach ...
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by timothyuche1(m): 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
sugaarbear: but wait oo....you wouldnt expect me to read this article on an empty stomach ...
Lol
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
bamite: ok in sumary, u're a terrorist
good luck with ur virgins
NO. In summary she found her true self peacefull(as conveyed). Respect that. As a christian I do not have an issue with people changing to islam but the barbaric and intolerant ideology is what freaks me out...

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by vislabraye(m): 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
blackprowler: My gut feeling has moved to disliking her. She's being given more attention than she deserves by the nigerian press. She's not the only nigerian author. Other Nigerian authors have won more prestigious literary awards than her. Winning the greatest literary award doesn't make you authority over any other subject but the one you know. We have suffered enough mumuness inthis country. I started to see her true self when she commented on Achebe's ill-informed, prejudiced last book. My view on her has subsequently been confirmed by me: she's the younger version of Achebe, all with ethnic bias
. You mean it ?
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
fattbabakay: *folds arm* Still wondering how I am expected to read dat long sort of epistle...

If you wAnt to hidE somethinG from an African, put it in A book

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by patrickmuf(m): 7:53pm On Jul 19, 2014
This is the voice of reason, hearken to it an watch your fortune change for good...GEJ over to you...

2 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 19, 2014
sexzskil:
Did you just mention Nigerian robbing filthy shoulders with USA if their so-called resources is well utilised? My friend, stop giving yourself and fellow clueless Nigerians unrealistic hope. You could have at least mention South Africa.

Bunch of crap!
Nigeria has more potentials of greatness than any other country in Africa. Its very obvious my dear.

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Chubhie: 8:01pm On Jul 19, 2014
sexzskil:

Bunch of crap!
Are you saying that over 150m industrious conscious can do spirited Nigerians are not capable of competing favourably on world stage? Are you saying that the filthy shoulders of Nigeria can never be compared with your well perfumed American shoulders? Even if the odds change? My good friend, sex as thought you by your American friends truly kills.
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by danchuzzy(m): 8:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
tellwisdom:

Animal...if you talk rubbish to me next, I will make sure I piss into your mouth. Omo ale angry

one word 4 you...
anu ugboko
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by fattbabakay(m): 8:08pm On Jul 19, 2014
moshino:

Yes, thats the problem with Nigeria. You lazy monkies are too lazy, inept and xtupid to do anything for your country.
hmmm...nice combo buh I see no reason Y u shud av attacked me...1st of all,ur grammatical construction is an epitome of a failed Nigeria Educational Sector...So I considered u as a consummate slowpoke. . .A useless geriatric beast of burden with little or
no brain cells in an empty cranium casing . . .
You read it nd I didn't,does dat av anytin to do with ur fvckin poverty-striken self??
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by fattbabakay(m): 8:08pm On Jul 19, 2014
Timzy234:
If you wAnt to hidE somethinG from an African, put it in A book
1st of all,is dat write-up a book?? 2ndly,whoever says I'm African??
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by jericco1(m): 8:16pm On Jul 19, 2014
DollyParton1:

Here I am. Look no further. tongue

haa I'll need to cross-examine you just to be sure. You know, In times like this I need not make a wee bit of mistake. cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by wizboi26(m): 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
mallorca: You'll need to hold me hostage at gun point b4 i read this long crap
oh! I weep for this generation. They can no longer spend a little time in reading a good piece of article. What a lazy generation

2 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by sugaarbear(m): 8:26pm On Jul 19, 2014
Firstbeauty: www.nairaland.com/attachments/1559639_chioma_jpeg9889106c6a82e78688a65f7928573018

Vote Link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=659574127457717&set=o.577725372313390&type=1&relevant_count=1

How to vote: visit the link above and like my picture, and that's all.

Please my fellow Nairalanders, am a contestant in this ongoing Most beautiful student In Nigeria (MBSN) 2014.

MOST BEAUTIFUL STUDENT IN NIGERIA (MBSN) 2014 CONTESTANT CAMPAIGN

Am on my kneels, please just go to the link above and like my profile picture.
Am proud to be an African.
Am proud to be a Nigerian
Am proud to be here in this forum.

May God bless you.
picsure of you kneeling or......
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Opiosko: 8:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
Chubhie: If you as a youth feel handicapped, There are other Better youths more worthy to run stuffs and will seize the moment when the time is right.
grin grin Niggure don't make it personal, the evidence abound here in Nairaland.
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Pabloairmar(m): 8:31pm On Jul 19, 2014
Wow...I. Really didn't waste my time reading all dis....I hope jona sees dis write up....nice one for whosoever wrote dis...
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Chubhie: 8:32pm On Jul 19, 2014
Opiosko: grin grin Niggure don't make it personal, the evidence abound here in Nairaland.
I will have to agree with you on that based on Nairaland example. Nothing personal bro.

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Uchechris06(m): 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2014
Emperortj93: Article written by award winning writer, Chimamanda Adichie. Please read and share your thoughts..
As soon as he opened his eyes, he felt it. A strange peace, a calm clarity. He stretched. Even his limbs were stronger and surer. He looked at his phone. Thirty-seven new text messages – and all while he was asleep. With one click, he deleted them. The empty screen buoyed him. Then he got up to bathe, determined to fold the day into the exact shape that he wanted.
Those Levick people had to go. No more foreign PR firms. They should have made that article in the American newspaper sound like him, they should have known better. They had to go. And he would not pay their balance; they had not fulfilled the purpose of the contract after all. Continue...
He pressed the intercom. Man Friday came in, face set in a placidly praise-singing smile.
“Good morning, Your Excellency!”
“Good morning,” Oga Jona said. “I had a revelation from God.”
Man Friday stared at him with bulging eyes.
“I said I had a revelation from God,” he repeated. “Find me new Public Relations people. Here in Nigeria. Is this country not full of mass communication departments and graduates?”
“Yes, Your Excellency.” Man Friday’s eyes narrowed; he was already thinking of whom he would bring, of how he would benefit.
“I want a shortlist on my table on Wednesday,” Oga Jona said. “I don’t want any of the usual suspects. I want fresh blood. Like that student who asked that frank question during the economic summit.”
“Your Excellency… the procurement rules…we need somebody who is licensed by the agency licensed by the agency that licenses PR consultants…”
Oga Jona snorted. Man Friday used civil service restrictions as a weapon to fight off competition. Anybody who might push him out of his privileged position was suddenly not licensed, not approved, not registered. “I don’t want you to bring your own candidates, do you hear me? I said I want fresh blood, I’m not joking.”
“Yes, Your Excellency,” Man Friday said, voice now high-pitched with alarmed confusion.
“Put that DVD for me before you go,” Oga Jona said.
He watched the recording on the widescreen television, unhappy with his appearance in the footage. His trousers seemed too big and why had nobody adjusted his hat? Next to The Girl from Pakistan, he looked timid, scrunched into his seat. She was inspiring, that young girl, and he wished her well. But he saw now how bad this made him appear: he had ignored all the Nigerians asking him to go to Chibok, and now The Girl From Pakistan was telling the world that he promised her he would go. He promised me, she said. As if the abducted Nigerian girls did not truly matter until this girl said they did. As if what mattered to him was a photo-op with this girl made famous by surviving a gunshot wound. It made him look small. It made him look unpresidential. It made him look like a leader without a rudder. Why had they advised him to do this? He pressed a button on his desk and waited.http://lindaikeji..com/2014/07/the-miraculous-deliverance-of-oga-jona.html
love dis

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Opiosko: 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
Chubhie: I will have to agree with you on that based on Nairaland example. Nothing personal bro.
Nothing do u bro. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by lagcity(m): 9:12pm On Jul 19, 2014
Chimamanda addressed the core problem with this Jonathan administration: the people around this man will kill him one day. They are misleading him and making enemies for him by the boatload, daily. They were not there when Jona was president-in-limbo but now they are his best friends. These vultures have shifted focus from governance to obsession about Tinubu and "supporter of APC" party, and that's the excuse they give for all their failures.

I am surprised that Chimamanda, being Igbo, could write something like this. This is because Igbo as a whole are completely detached from reality and they are the ones who will kill Jonathan. They've turned the man into a paranoid wreck, always looking for imaginary witches and wizards from the North and West. Wow! I guess others Igbos would label her "supporter of APC" party member now. Perhaps, she is Tinubu's mistress!
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by dalhat14(m): 9:13pm On Jul 19, 2014
mallorca: You'll need to hold me hostage at gun point b4 i read this long crap
poor reading culture, smh
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Urine: 9:37pm On Jul 19, 2014
lacicrips:

Nope! Anyone with a slightly below average iq should be able to decipher this. You don't have to be an Einstein to understand what she's trying to convey.

Nice article by the way.

I bet you didn't read most of the previous comments, is it safe to say most of the previous folks that commented have iqs lower than "slightly below average"? Sir, the type of iq you're talking about is fast becoming a dinosaur.
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 19, 2014
fattbabakay: hmmm...nice combo buh I see no reason Y u shud av attacked me...1st of all,ur grammatical construction is an epitome of a failed Nigeria Educational Sector...So I considered u as a consummate slowpoke. . .A useless geriatric beast of burden with little or
no brain cells in an empty cranium casing . . .
You read it nd I didn't,does dat av anytin to do with ur fvckin poverty-striken self??

Lol
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Urine: 9:42pm On Jul 19, 2014
lagcity: Chimamanda addressed the core problem with this Jonathan administration: the people around this man will kill him one day. They are misleading him and making enemies for him by the boatload, daily. They were not there when Jona was president-in-limbo but now they are his best friends. These vultures have shifted focus from governance to obsession about Tinubu and "supporter of APC" party, and that's the excuse they give for all their failures.

I am surprised that Chimamanda, being Igbo, could write something like this. This is because Igbo as a whole are completely detached from reality and they are the ones who will kill Jonathan. They've turned the man into a paranoid wreck, always looking for imaginary witches and wizards from the North and West. Wow! I guess others Igbos would label her "supporter of APC" party member now. Perhaps, she is Tinubu's mistress!

The few igbo touts on this forum shouldn't be seen as a representation of the Igbo nation. They have so many intelligent young folks. Best way to identify the intelligent ones? They are mostly quiet and very reserved.
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Bolt3(m): 10:01pm On Jul 19, 2014
blackprowler: My gut feeling has moved to disliking her. She's being given more attention than she deserves by the nigerian press. She's not the only nigerian author. Other Nigerian authors have won more prestigious literary awards than her. Winning the greatest literary award doesn't make you authority over any other subject but the one you know. We have suffered enough mumuness inthis country. I started to see her true self when she commented on Achebe's ill-informed, prejudiced last book. My view on her has subsequently been confirmed by me: she's the younger version of Achebe, all with ethnic bias
That gut feeling is called jealousy.

2 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by biomedixexcel(m): 10:12pm On Jul 19, 2014
Coming back to read
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Knightly(m): 10:53pm On Jul 19, 2014
blackprowler: Note that she's safely in America and taking positions which don't cause her any headache with her kith and kin. To my knowledge, she's won Orange Prize. Ben Okri won Booker Prize and he's so quiet most Nigerians don't know him. If Achebe, Soyinka, let alone Chimamanda were not African, hardly would anyone hear of them. They were "great" as Africans. Hope you know when Soyinka was given the Nobel, it was a choice between himself and Achebe. In other words, it had been "zoned" to Africa and maybe Nigeria. Achebe's book sold 10 million which was "wonderful" by African authors' standards, absolutely nothing to world standards. I'm not dissing anybody. I've not achieved anything in my life, but I look at things from a world point of view, not a narrow one, like tribe, country, continent, race etc. That's why people attack me for my criticism of Nigeria, Africa and black man
You know, you practically kept ranting without making a point. According to your estimation, she has to have won the Booker prize before she can start 'taking positions'? Say something that fits your age please. It seems to me you're determined to hate everything Nigerian and African by extension. But here is the deal, every Nigerian has the right to take a position on real Nigerian issues as long as they're Nigerians. And just incase it hasn't occurred to you yet, the world is a global village. People know what they want to know.

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Maryclaire1(f): 11:19pm On Jul 19, 2014
I honestly love ds...God bless nigeria
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Drigdee(m): 11:26pm On Jul 19, 2014
blessed are those who finished the article

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayose: I Buried My Presidential Ambition Because APC Rigged Ekiti Poll / Godsday Orubebe: PDP Is A Party Of Ungrateful, Sadistic People / Prime Minister Of Israel’s Letter To President Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.