Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie (24019 Views)

Simon Lalong Accuses Jonah Jang Of Last Minute Looting / Characters In Chimamanda's Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah / Chimamanda Adichie: The Miraculous Deliverance Of Oga Jona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Amhappy(f): 11:36pm On Jul 19, 2014
I love this. There is hope for Nigeria
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by kalimera101: 11:51pm On Jul 19, 2014
This piece of work was just wonderful. I haven't read her books before, but I think I'll start doing so.
I could never write anything with a Nigerian theme, be it fiction or not. But now I'm inspired.
Wow
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by chlowi(f): 11:56pm On Jul 19, 2014
Commendable! She did not come out to rant nor curse!!! Instead, sarcastically, dramatically she proffered possible solutions to the problem!!! And written in a manner that even a secondary school student can decipher!!! I stayed glued after the first paragraph, like a move yet message so intense and resounding!!! OGA JONA, PLEASE LISTEN TO THE VOICE OF REASONING! These are very strong points!!!

2 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by olu77(m): 12:10am On Jul 20, 2014
Chubhie: If you as a youth feel handicapped, There are other Better youths more worthy to run stuffs and will seize the moment when the time is right.

I am a better youth, not because I am a saint but because I strongly believe we are the agent of change the future is waiting for. I pray the right time comes fast.

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by ChinoElects: 12:17am On Jul 20, 2014
Chimamanda is the new mother of modern African literature!

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by nagoma(m): 12:28am On Jul 20, 2014
tellwisdom:

Animal...if you talk rubbish to me next, I will make sure I piss into your mouth. Omo ale angry

If he bites it off nko?
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 20, 2014
@ OP

Did you get those excerpts from a Novel?
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by royaltheo(m): 1:25am On Jul 20, 2014
When Chimanmanda's pen drip with such satirical profundity, one can only hope that her deep thoughts rekindles our sense of patriotism for our dear country. An absolutely fantastic epistle, God bless Nigeria!
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by ceo003: 4:00am On Jul 20, 2014
hello friends check these out. click the link
below
https://www.nairaland.com/1810184/wonders-
sale
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by blackprowler: 4:01am On Jul 20, 2014
Aspireahead:
I hate you!!! that was a joke...but ogbeni,there is nothing bad about what she wrote na

You're probably right. Maybe there's nothing bad in what she wrote. I wasn't critiquing what she wrote. I say ehn, that woman is getting more clout than she should in Nigeria. You can see how some have abused me on my comment as I said they would. Ah! WE HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO, IF EVER WE MOVE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by idee91: 5:31am On Jul 20, 2014
I love dis lady
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by calapicha(m): 8:03am On Jul 20, 2014
mallorca: You'll need to hold me hostage at gun point b4 i read this long crap
[color=#006600][/color]

Lazy guy
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by ceo003: 9:44am On Jul 20, 2014
===================>>> hello friends check these out. click the link below https://www.nairaland.com/1795922/4-mega-money-yielding-businesses
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by howfarwhatagwan: 10:13am On Jul 20, 2014
Haha took my time to read this lovely epistle very funny I must say, also very subtle and humorous way of conveying the truth I do hope that oga Jona can read in between the lines....

Good one Chimamanda....

God bless Nigeria....
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by FarmTech(m): 10:29am On Jul 20, 2014
I like Chimamanda, but one thing I hate about her is her stance on gay marriage. She supported it and condemned Nigeria for passing the anti gay bill. I just pray she repent.
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by dvee2: 10:44am On Jul 20, 2014
For those who find this too long to read, here is a summary.
She asked the President to wake up from sleep, he is surrounding himself with Idi_ots as advisers,He shouldn't have paid 1 million dollers to that foreign PR group. that even though there are critics against his government, not all of them are planning for his downfall and should be silenced. That yes some people said they will make the country ungovernable, but not every of his failure is their fault.He can win by working hard on developments. That he shouldn't be scared of the opposition, they are not formidable yet because the person that can defeat him amongst them will never be given the ticket. That he should be brave and travel to Borno as commander in chief to visit not only chibok girls, but the murdered 50 boys also. And finally, he should be president of Nigeria not clannish president. Finally not every northerner is a terrorist, he should stop the harassment of people across nigeria, not in his name. Finally no more committees please.

4 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by dasoul(m): 12:23pm On Jul 20, 2014
Excellent narratives....I was spell bound while reading it, a big kudos to the writer, you could find a career at writing situation comedy (sitcom). I know it is Chimamanda's work as am familiar with her write ups and this is not her writing style.
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by nagoma(m): 12:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
A clueless incompetent President held hostage by a cabal that is as vicious as it is evil.
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by naturefellow(m): 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
A remarkable satirical piece by CNA! My only wish is that the individuals concerned gets to read it.
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by fairheven: 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
kobonaire: I agree with you. There is so much waste in individually generating our power/water supply. We need to be able to achieve this though sadly with some form of government support given the infrastructure cost and size. I feel we should have the aim for becoming a member of the BRICS nations because many of these countries were probably worse of than Nigeria about 20-30 years ago.
Wt is special about the BRICS nations?Nigeria is already in their level or about to...south Africa is a member an nigerian has overtaking south Africa;wt puzzles me though-if we can achieve that wit epileptic power supply,then then our countries economy will definitely fly wit a regular and stable power-supply.
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by fairheven: 4:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
kobonaire: I agree with you. There is so much waste in individually generating our power/water supply. We need to be able to achieve this though sadly with some form of government support given the infrastructure cost and size. I feel we should have the aim for becoming a member of the BRICS nations because many of these countries were probably worse of than Nigeria about 20-30 years ago.
Wt is special about the BRICS nations?Nigeria is already in their level or about to...south Africa is a member an nigerian has overtaking south Africa,as per GDP;wt puzzles me though-if we can achieve that wit epileptic power supply,then then our countries economy will definitely fly wit a regular and stable power-supply.
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by digger791: 4:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
I want to start with God bless Nigeria, Mr president is never to late , u are in d very best position to turn d table around .with this very little period u can show d world u re the best president nt in nigeria or africa but world wide , with God I see Nigeria as a world power contender
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by kobonaire(m): 7:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
fairheven:
Wt is special about the BRICS nations?Nigeria is already in their level or about to...south Africa is a member an nigerian has overtaking south Africa,as per GDP;wt puzzles me though-if we can achieve that wit epileptic power supply,then then our countries economy will definitely fly wit a regular and stable power-supply.
i encourage you to visit any of those countries to see their level of infrastructure development and human development.
Also note that you cannot just focus on GDP. There are other economic indicators: inflation, population below poverty line, unemployment, GDP per capita etc.
We are NOT far behind the BRICS nations but need a sustained effort to get to that level.
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by fairheven: 7:31am On Jul 21, 2014
kobonaire: i encourage you to visit any of those countries to see their level of infrastructure development and human development.
Also note that you cannot just focus on GDP. There are other economic indicators: inflation, population below poverty line, unemployment, GDP per capita etc.
We are NOT far behind the BRICS nations but need a sustained effort to get to that level.
That was the reason I said,with regular and stable power supply,Nigeria economywill fly.
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by kobonaire(m): 1:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
fairheven:
That was the reason I said,with regular and stable power supply,Nigeria economywill fly.
The billion Naira question is when are we going to get that stable power / water supply ??
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by uzoexcel(m): 1:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
pls dont encourage them....let the young 'uns develop a culture of reading..it ll help us all
dvee2: For those who find this too long to read, here is a summary.
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by uzoexcel(m): 1:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
and GDP is the only way to measure a nation's development?if south africa had d oil naija had, who would see 'her' back? why not compare naija with saudi,qatar venezuela etc
fairheven:
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by BlackBaron: 9:42am On Jul 22, 2014
People fail to see this is a satirical dig to Jonathan's incompetence.

Surely if he had a clue, it wouldn't need a renowned author to dish out lines to him like you give to a child in reception.
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by fairheven: 12:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
uzoexcel: and GDP is the only way to measure a nation's development?if south africa had d oil naija had, who would see 'her' back? why not compare naija with saudi,qatar venezuela etc
And does nigerian have the gold that south Africa has?wtare u talkin about? They are the second largest gold producer in the world,while we are seventh largest "OPEC" producer member(that means outside OPEC,IT IS LESS)so wu shu do a better job coupled with their white man expertise?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Arrives Abuja After UN General Assemby In New York / Tinubu, Dogara Absent As Buhari Celebrates Independence In Aso Rock / Fayose: I Buried My Presidential Ambition Because APC Rigged Ekiti Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.