Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? (11754 Views)

Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / What Is The Biggest Source Of Conflict In Your Relationship / Marital Agreement / Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
[quote author=ephee][/quote]

No one slap can kill unless there is a medical condition involved. And someone with a devilish husband should have seen same while courting now. Why then go ahead with marrying same? undecided a saying in my dialect, 'alaimokan nse ara e'
Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
kilokeys:

ode... is a parrot not animal? if she talks like a parrot he should beat her like a mad dog

another arowolo on the loose.

#shundomesticviolence#
Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
iyabodeh:

No one slap can kill unless there is a medical condition involved. And someone with a devilish husband should have seen same while courting now. Why then go ahead with marrying same? undecided a saying in my dialect, 'alaimokan nse ara e'

what if during courtship he didnt show any traits of such?hw wuld u xpect d lady to know what she is going into?
no reason justifies a man hitting his wife.it only showz a sign of weakness
Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by kilokeys(m): 2:28pm On Sep 07, 2014
ephee:

another arowolo on the loose.

#shundomesticviolence#
i wouldn't beat my wife.. though i can't promise that if i married a mad nagging parrot.

#shunverbalabuse
Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by Austyn44(m): 2:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
I will advice they both read this book:
5 love languages by Gary Chapman. Thank me later wink
Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by kilokeys(m): 2:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
ephee:

what if during courtship he didnt show any traits of such?hw wuld u xpect d lady to know what she is going into?

hmm weakness.. i agree. after two hot slap.. d babe sef go weak.

can't u realise men and women are different.. since overtalking and nagging is a woman's form of exxpression.. whats a man's?
Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
kilokeys:
i wouldn't beat my wife.. though i can't promise that if i married a mad nagging parrot.

#shunverbalabuse

u can as well b a man and take a walk.by d time u ar bak she wuld av gotten over it.its stil no reason to hit a woman

1 Like

Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
kilokeys:

hmm weakness.. i agree. after two hot slap.. d babe sef go weak.

can't u realise men and women are different.. since overtalking and nagging is a woman's form of exxpression.. whats a man's?

deal wit it as a man nd take a walk coz d more u hit the more aggresive she becoms in a bid to defend herself.u can neva compare a mans strength to that of d woman no matter the height or size.

1 Like

Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by kilokeys(m): 3:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
ephee:

deal wit it as a man nd take a walk coz d more u hit the more aggresive she becoms in a bid to defend herself.u can neva compare a mans strength to that of d woman no matter the height or size.

u dont know how much words hurt men.. i wish u had a clue.. many men would prefer to be flogged with dat eba stick a hundred times than exeperience those moments
Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 07, 2014
ephee:

A bitching, nagging, violent wife deserves a slap or two if she doesn't behave. Please, let's stop deceiving ourselves. I'm sure you are one of those with the opinion of 'he should just walk away' right? I would rather he stay and smack me than leave home to get drunk in his misery and lay a LovePeddler with evil intentions.

In fact, we can turn the house upside down and then end it all with raunchy 'make up sex' after. And all is forgotten and lessons learned. Which is: never raise your hand on me or I would cause your bälls so much pain. And the other one is to 'mind your tone when you talk to me or you'd made me do what i'd regret." to each his own anyway. But I don't support 'any form of abuse' though. So every one involved should just watch it!
Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by kilokeys(m): 5:12pm On Sep 07, 2014
iyabodeh:

A bitching, nagging, violent wife deserves a slap or two if she doesn't behave. Please, let's stop deceiving ourselves. I'm sure you are one of those with the opinion of 'he should just walk away' right? I would rather he stay and smack me than leave home to get drunk in his misery and lay a LovePeddler with evil intentions.

In fact, we can turn the house upside down and then end it all with raunchy 'make up sex' after. And all is forgotten and lessons learned. Which is: never raise your hand on me or I would cause your bälls so much pain. And the other one is to 'mind your tone when you talk to me or you'd made me do what i'd regret." to each his own anyway. But I don't support 'any form of abuse' though. So every one involved should just watch it!

correct gist jare.. * speaking it as it is in real life*

iyabodeh. better pikin

1 Like

Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by unmask: 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2014
get a freaking divorce....next please
Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
iyabodeh:

dont forget its different strokes for different folkes.u cant xpect that method of urs to work for every guy.u wil just end up miserable.am sure u wunt want to end up 6ft below.life is too short to undergo series of violence in d name of marriage.
Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by Sammyblaq(m): 6:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
reconcilation ofcourse b/c love and understanding are the bedrocks of marriage.
Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by emmyskies(m): 8:24pm On Sep 07, 2014
ephee:

so what if they comeback together nd d next strike ends her life then whose fault will it be?

#saynotodomesticviolence#
Read my post and you'll understand I'm not in support of the man for his action, neither did I give the woman a thumbs up. Both have work to do. Both need to come back together, resolve their difference and take the mind of Christ. Both of them need to be a christian- Christ-like. That way, the man will learn never to raise his hand against his wife
Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by akoka: 8:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
the strength of love s testd in trying times&it s in such time that love grows in maturity.so,recouncil!
Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
BrotherJohn: Jocelyn and Wilson have been married for 16 years, in that time Wilson feels that Jocelyn has always been verbally abusive to him. It is as if she has verbal diarrhoea anytime there is an argument.

Anything and everything has been said to hurt him. Jocelyn on the other hand feels that it is her husband who is the bully and aggressor and she is always first to apologises every time they fight. She feels he is not the very forgiving type.

One day during an argument, Wilson hits back at her with a slap. Jocelyn was so taken aback and in that instant she remembers that her dad told her that she should never stay with any man who hits her because his own sister was killed by a violent husband. Jocelyn proceeds to call the police who immediately ordered Wilson to leave the house. It is now 2 months since Wilson left the house insisting that the embarrassment was too much and he doesn’t think there is a future for them.

Jocelyn misses him but she is afraid that once is more than enough, he could likely do it again. The family and church have tried to help them work it out but nothing seems to be working. There is a stalemate which means Jocelyn is left with responsibility of looking after 2 children. The first one seems to side with dad and is being rude to her, the younger child though largely confused seems to be on her side.

Is Jocelyn right?

What is the solution, divorce or reconcilliation?

Now it looks to me like both parties have an issue that they are unwilling to admit.

The wife is a verbal loose cannon and the husband is probably an Elephant that never forgets.

Now the issue here is both are seeing the problem as being the other persons fault when in reality there is an issue they need to addres in themselves. Its rather surprising that they have not managed to learn that in their 16 years.

Now to be on the path of reconciliation, both have to humble themselves and see their faults in this. If they dont and they get a divorce. they will carry that trait into the next relationship and probably end the same way.
Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by ResourcePower: 12:01am On Sep 08, 2014
It is quite possible for the man to hit her again because it appears nothing has also changed about the woman's mouth.

There is still room for reconciliation between them. They really need counseling (both of them), by the clergy or a qualified psychologist.

But there is a special way to handle a wife batterer outside divorce or separation. See it HERE
Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by gidjah(m): 1:26am On Sep 08, 2014
Funbii: just here to read the comments... tho I found out they (comments) do not make any sense
CHILDREN TALK LIKE THEY LOOK.U COULD HAVE KEPT UR BUCAL CAVITY CLOSED,RATHER THAN EMBARASS YOUR SELF funbi!
Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by MarieSucre(f): 2:07am On Sep 08, 2014
BrotherJohn: I agree with you emmyskies, but don't you think that they read these things in the Bibles, hear sermons after sermons in the church like this? I have noticed several broken marriages and relationships, it is usually that someone refuses to take on the Mind of Christ.

One prominent thing in this case is the fact that, she is living in accordance to the words of her human father instead of her heavenly father. Her human father says, "one strike and that's it", but her heavenly Father says, "seventy times seven strikes per day before you can give up". So, they are not motivated by their Christian values (Word of God), but by cultural or human values.
Nawa o. By the 76th slap her skull go don re-arrange ni.
Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by onelife97: 6:39am On Sep 08, 2014
I think the man should just move on if he can calculate what he thinks he ll lose by staying away from an abusive woman.
Anyway marriage is just a bullshit that no man should really get into.talking from experience.
My 1kobo to all men, never ever get married to any woman no matter how angel like she looks.there is always the devil thing in her.
Don't get sckud of fcukd and think u have met the best.of course u ll always get the best when in a relationship b4 marriage and after marriage, hmmm, na OYO u dey oo.
Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by josite: 10:24am On Sep 08, 2014
marital conflicts arose when it is not known again what the vision is and who is the master and the driver of the vision.
in an army unit every soldiers knows the commander commands.men who fails from the very start to let the wife knows that they are the commander with the overall responsibility for the the prosecution of the warare to be blamed.make it clear enough that you are the head of the family and she is to follow your directions or get out immediately.women knows how to follow the moment you show yourself to be a valiant ,reliablle commander and the same woman who is finding it very difficult to follow your commands ,is very ready to follow the commands of some other men.when yoo discover this,release her to go follow the other men.

men are the reasons for all the matrimonial conflicts.did the pastor made it clear to his wife that he is the head from the very beginning?
Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by Becalm(m): 12:59pm On Sep 08, 2014
WOMEN may die from men abuse instantly and may MEN die from women abuse gradually. From the story, the woman's action always prompts such a reaction from the man. I heard some ladies suggest the man to walk away whenever the wife pours out the venom but never advised the wife to endeavor keeping mouth shut from dangerous utterances when provoked. A lot of emphasis is laid on the physical abuse exhibited by men but there is no corresponding effort to the verbal abuse by women. True solution, comes when cause and effects are properly evaluated. My suggestion is the woman to prepare for reconciliation and never divorce. If she hopes for the man to change and desists from hitting her, then she should also prepare to control her tongue because whenever we hope for a change, it must start with us. I offer this solution because it has worked for 2 different couples I know.

1 Like

Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by mindboggler: 11:35am On Sep 09, 2014
The magic that would restore their relationship is for the woman to
1) humble herself towards her husband
2) avoid situations that can lead to a quarrel, even if he tries to start one.
3) desist from insulting the man whenever they are having an argument. If she can do this, no matter how hard it may seem, she will see a turn around in her husband's behaviour.

I don't condone the man hitting her but he must have been pushed to that point because of the what she was saying. So in order to shut her up, he hit her.

Of course, prayers cannot be left out of the restoration process.
To make or mar a marriage is all in a woman's power.
Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
If she wants him back then she has to accept that her behavior has contributed to the breakdown of their marriage and make efforts to change, but if the husband still feels that the breakdown is irretrievable and it will never work between them. They should just divorce but maintain a good relationship for the sake of the kids.
One should ever be forced to be with someone who abuses him or her all in the name of marriage
Re: Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? by SenatorJames(m): 11:50am On Sep 11, 2014
BrotherJohn: sorry - i may not be available to post remarks or respond because I am quite a busy man.but will try to read all the remarks and suggestions.
I can see you are truly busy. please don't forget to comment when you are more busy than this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should Women Do Hard Work? / There's a reason why God created synthetic fiber, lets remember the purpose! / A Family Member Informing Your Spouse Before Visiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.