Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF (2170 Views)

Buhari Seeks Senate Approval To Borrow N2.10 Trn / Biafra Agitation: Arewa Youths Write ACF, NEF / Revealed: “In Three Years, NNPC Generated N8.1 Trn, Gave Nigeria N4.3 Trn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by spyx64(m): 6:13am On Jul 20, 2014
The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) has cautioned the Igbo in South eastern Nigeria against maltreating northerners, warning that such could endanger the multi-billion Naira investment of the Igbo in the North.

ACF said the ongoing controversy in the East on issuance of identity cards to persons of northern extraction was uncalled for and estimated that the Igbos’ investments in Kaduna, Kano, and Jos alone amounted to about N45 trillion.

The Deputy Secretary-General of ACF, Abubakar Umar said this while addressing members of the South-South/South-East Arewa Coalition, who paid a courtesy call on ACF on Thursday.

According to him, statistics available to them indicated that the Igbos’ investments in Kaduna, Kano, and Jos alone amounted to N45 trillion and with such huge investments in just three States of the north, the Easterners have no reason to maltreat northerners doing businesses in the East, stressing that, “If the table turns, it could be disastrous to their investments.

“They may suffer for it, but we are praying for understanding among the entire Nigerians to accept themselves wherever they live to earn legitimate means of livelihood. We express our fear that if the north should embark on similar development by screening the Igbos in the northern region, it could lead to a crisis that may lead to undeserved division of Nigerians along ethnic or religious lines.

“Yoruba and Igbo people in Jos, capital of Plateau State lost N480 billion and N410 billion investments respectively to the 2011 post election violence. The South-South also lost N970 billion in the same crisis.

‘We have these statistics, so we expect the Igbos to treat our kinsmen, our brothers and sisters in the East as kings and Queens in view of the fact that they (Igbos) have more investments in the north than in the East.

“Take Abuja, the Federal capital territory, for example, the Igbos occupy over 73 percent of the land, so these are some of the reasons why they should be everybody’s keepers in their place,” Umar said.

The leader of the Coalition, Mallam Awwal Yusuf had earlier said that northerners were doing business amidst fear in the East and called on the ACF to intervene.

“This is because every trader or Muslim from the north is considered Boko Haram”.

Yusuf said the Arewa Coalition has taken to court the issue of identity card in order to seek justice and be freed from undue molestation in the hands of the people in the area.

“We are embarrassed with this issue of identity cards. Why should it be only traders or Muslims from the north that should be identified?.

‘We have taken the case to a court in Enugu, and we are hopeful that the State Governor, Sullivan Chime is ready to help us by sending his lawyer to stand for us”,he said.

The Secretary-General of the ACF, Col. John Ubah (rtd) also told the visiting northerners from the East that ACF was established to protect the whole north and its people.

He said whatever happened to any northerner anywhere was always considered a serious issue.

http://tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/11048-igbos-n45-trn-investments-in-north-at-risk-acf
Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by Butoneday2(m): 6:37am On Jul 20, 2014
Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by nely(m): 6:38am On Jul 20, 2014
I donlive int think the identification is a bad idea, its cos of the security challenges in the country, if they will give southerners in the north identification no problem but every1 should be treated in peace and live in peace.
Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 20, 2014
Only because of I'd card ni? So northern investments in the south are not at risk inspite of the repeated massacres of southerners in the north? I actually wish this murdered southerners were actually only been harrassed for I'd card and not killed!!! The way we are going,I wonder if they will be a country called Nigera by 2016
Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by Butoneday2(m): 6:49am On Jul 20, 2014
lipsrsealed angry I am an igbo but i don't just know what is wrong with dem, gosh? Dey go dey develop evry wia but dia is noting in dia papa hse. embarassed Ojukwu on my mind just rememberd him nau.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by Emessy(m): 7:17am On Jul 20, 2014
chukwudi44: Only because of I'd card ni? So northern investments in the south are not at risk inspite of the repeated massacres of southerners in the north? I actually wish this murdered southerners were actually only been harrassed for I'd card and not killed!!! The way we are going,I wonder if they will be a country called Nigera by 2016
Yes there is going to be a country called Nigeria in 5050 self while you and your likes that only crave for war and conflicts will drag your selfish bullshit along with your cursed land and go to HELL!

BASTARD

2 Likes

Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by bruno419(m): 7:27am On Jul 20, 2014
in engr Bruno's voice"ugwo nna anyi na mba adighi mma.loruo nu n'ulo

1 Like

Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by malele(m): 7:47am On Jul 20, 2014
Atimes I wonder whether some of my Igbo brodas are cursed, how can we 45 trillion worth of investment in a volatile region bikonu ooo.
If they are destroyed, pls none of the owners Should come Down east to shed crocodile tears.
Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by superstar1(m): 7:59am On Jul 20, 2014
When we are telling them, to stop developing other people's land for them, they will be shouting one nigeria.

Now, northerners are using their properties to blackmail them into eternal submission. SW is watching closely, it's high time, we legislate the same law in our region.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 20, 2014
Emessy: Yes there is going to be a country called Nigeria in 5050 self while you and your likes that only crave for war and conflicts will drag your selfish bullshit along with your cursed land and go to HELL!

BASTARD

Bros are you sure you can understand simple english language? Where in my post did I advocate for war?

1 Like

Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by fkaz(m): 8:53am On Jul 20, 2014
Nigeria is using biafrans to play game left and right.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by cocoduck: 9:00am On Jul 20, 2014
malele: Atimes I wonder whether some of my Igbo brodas are cursed, how can we 45 trillion worth of investment in a volatile region bikonu ooo.
If they are destroyed, pls none of the owners Should come Down east to shed crocodile tears.
Abeg use ur head. which 45 trillion? no be only naira na dollars and pounds. nonsense. so you believe this rubbish. Abeg go Sidon do your homework
Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by hardywaltz(m): 11:21am On Jul 20, 2014
cocoduck:
Abeg use ur head. which 45 trillion? no be only naira na dollars and pounds. nonsense. so you believe this rubbish. Abeg go Sidon do your homework
Don't mind these our Igbo brothers that can't use their head to discipher lies and propaganda.
Who did the counting and costing in just a few hours?
No be only N45Trillion and $100Trillion.
Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by Sealeddeal(m): 11:26am On Jul 20, 2014
The Arewa spokesperson is trying to say that there are actually up to 45trillion investments in North? What an exaggeration
Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by kheart(m): 12:02pm On Jul 20, 2014
hardywaltz:
Don't mind these our Igbo brothers that can't use their head to discipher lies and propaganda.
Who did the counting and costing in just a few hours?
No be only N45Trillion and $100Trillion.
in kaduna alone ibos owns about 30-40 percent of shops in d market.
Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
[quote author=hardywaltz]

4 Likes

Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by HappyJoe: 12:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
I laugh.

Igbos don't go to the North to beg, they go to render much needed services. If Northern leaders aren't satisfied with the hit the North's economy has taken since "Sharia" was introduced, they should proceed to do further damage to their economy.

The North has the most useless set of leaders in Nigeria, they are so busy chasing Niger Delta oil money that they haven't realized the economic devastation being wrought in Northern Nigeria.

There's a 20,000 hectare cotton plantation in Ondo State, 5,000 hectares of rice are being cultivated in Anambra & Cocoa is being cultivated in Cross River - the North isn't the "only game in town" as far as agriculture is concerned.

Visit Asaba. Enugu & even Uyo - Igbo business men fleeing the North are setting up shop there. In a sane country, Northern leaders would be begging for investment from Igbo business men - Kaduna is yet to recover from the religious crisis of 1999/2000 (loss of business).

Finally, these people aren't tired of Boko Haram & fighting Kuje, Zangon-Katafs, Tivs, Beroms, Taroks - they wan add Igbo join? We no get their time, it's like their ready to continuously fight each other for 20 more years.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by DeLaRue: 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2014
superstar1: When we are telling them, to stop developing other people's land for them, they will be shouting one nigeria.

Now, northerners are using their properties to blackmail them into eternal submission. SW is watching closely, it's high time, we legislate the same law in our region.

Erm...I suspect the SW will not be rushing to introduce laws that isolate people from a certain part of the country for the special requirement of ID card/registration. It is discriminatory and will set the ball rolling for tit-for-tat response from other states.

Besides, there is no evidence that an ID card system is the answer to the issue of terrorism.

Pakistan, Syria, Iraq all operate a national identity card system, but we know the rest of the story.

If people believe ID card system will help, then it should be a national thing.
Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by mikolo80: 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
Butoneday2: lipsrsealed angry I am an igbo but i don't just know what is wrong with dem, gosh? Dey go dey develop evry wia but dia is noting in dia papa hse. embarassed Ojukwu on my mind just rememberd him nau.
guy ibos are traders,na how many customer them go get for iboland.no be them choice
Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by cocoduck: 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
kheart: in kaduna alone ibos owns about 30-40 percent of shops in d market.
Rubbish
I know these are all lies
btw that is non of my business.
Was it not discussed on punch website the other month that a lot of igbos will live in bacha houses in lagos and other places but will build a big mansion in his village where he only visits during Christmas. a lot of people here started to say that igbos are foolish for doing that. now they reverse it to saying that we only build in other places the same people say we are foolish. look at how it works
A young guy like me that is still starting will first of all develop my village. it is only when I start having so much surplus that I will start to contemplate about development of other areas.
avoid they destroy it all I still have a lot at my village to fall back on.
Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by HappyJoe: 1:59pm On Jul 20, 2014
The problem is this, the "North" has changed.

Berom people in Jos are more likely to "chase out Hausas" than Igbos. Ditto for the people of Southern Kaduna. As a matter of urgency, Southern Kaduna people should be given their own state, so the "core North" is left with only one economically viable town - Kano.

The Southeast has at least Nnewi, Aba, Onitsha.
Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
HappyJoe: I laugh.

Igbos don't go to the North to beg, they go to render much needed services. If Northern leaders aren't satisfied with the hit the North's economy has taken since "Sharia" was introduced, they should proceed to do further damage to their economy.

The North has the most useless set of leaders in Nigeria, they are so busy chasing Niger Delta oil money that they haven't realized the economic devastation being wrought in Northern Nigeria.

There's a 20,000 hectare cotton plantation in Ondo State, 5,000 hectares of rice are being cultivated in Anambra & Cocoa is being cultivated in Cross River - the North isn't the "only game in town" as far as agriculture is concerned.

Visit Asaba. Enugu & even Uyo - Igbo business men fleeing the North are setting up shop there. In a sane country, Northern leaders would be begging for investment from Igbo business men - Kaduna is yet to recover from the religious crisis of 1999/2000 (loss of business).

Finally, these people aren't tired of Boko Haram & fighting Kuje, Zangon-Katafs, Tivs, Beroms, Taroks - they wan add Igbo join? We no get their time, it's like their ready to continuously fight each other for 20 more years.

Brother you have said it all.
Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by Les: 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
This kinda make sense o, omo, all my guys we don build mansions in kano, abuja, nasarawa and so on will loose alot should war break out, that's why nigeria needs to divide peacefully and south east should experience no bomb, anything other than that will be somehow to igbo's investments nationwide.
And acf or wat u call urself, Igbos love business, and we don't care if you guys do business in east or not, all we ask is that you should not bomb us both in ur home and in our own home, is that too much to ask
On the other hand, it's only on nairaland that some people don't wanna believe that igbos control majority of nigeria's economy, 45 trillion in just 3 states alone?? That's so unprecedented and unparalleled by any group of people in Nigeria and i dont stand to be corrected!!
Igbo kwenu....
Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by tit(f): 3:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
kill them all!
wetin concern me.
Ha!

Ha! ha! Ha!
Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by Mark1979: 4:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
Free mobile app security app created to help with personal safety of Nigerians. It is a called 9ra Naija rescue alert, available on download on google play and google. Let your family and friends know about it. Thank you.

Let me know what you think of this app
http://www.naijarescuealert.com/
Re: Igbos’ N45 Trn Investments In North At Risk —ACF by oggy89: 4:24pm On Jul 20, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive: 114 Reasons Why Rochas Okorocha Must Go In 2015 / Soyinka Flays Mbu Over Comment / Gej Is A Wicked And Evil Politician in an evil party(PdP)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.