Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu (4984 Views)

Very Interesting: America's Secret Files On Ojukwu. / The Time Magazine On Ojukwu:the Gentleman Rebel / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Ojukwu's Demise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 20, 2014
Obiagelli:
Rumors that could have put to bed with your facts not emotions
LOL
Which facts? The fictitious facts that you are also recycling ?

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
quid:
LOL
Which facts? The fictitious facts that you are also recycling ?
Well essence of the thread till yall when all emotional and some even asked others not to make commets. If we don't discuss our history, how do we learn?
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
Obiagelli:
Well essence of the thread till yall when all emotional and some even asked others not to make commets. If we don't discuss our history, how do we learn?
LOL
And what is history?
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
quid:
LOL
And what is history?
Ok this is becoming weird
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 20, 2014
Obiagelli:
No its not.
Take time to reflect on the meaning of HISTORY and of UNITY.

Then you will begin to see the many loopholes that you have overlooked.

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
One man fought a war to protect give his people's independence and protect them from ongoing massacres.

Another man fought a war to protect boundaries that were drawn by his colonial masters and further more started the war at the prompting of the same colonial masters who gave him support and weapons to kill his fellow African brothers.

Who deserves more respect?

9 Likes

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
GenBuhari: One man fought a war to protect give his people independence and protect them from ongoing massacres.

Another man fought a war to protect boundaries that were drawn by his colonial masters and further more started the war at the prompting of his the same colonial masters who gave him support to kill his fellow African brothers.

Gowon allowed himself to be used like a big mumu.

Now the people of plateau are paying dearly for it .

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
GenBuhari: One man fought a war to protect give his people independence and protect them from ongoing massacres.

Another man fought a war to protect boundaries that were drawn by his colonial masters and further more started the war at the prompting of his the same colonial masters who gave him support to kill his fellow African brothers.

My respect to likes of zik who saw a diplomatic end to a crisis triggered by a few whose actions were applauded by the multitude.
Certainly not a Man that further compounded the problem, killing millions and fled in the end certainly not.
Btw gowon's case is coming in a few weeks.

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
quid:
Gowon allowed himself to be used like a big mumu.

Now the people of plateau are paying dearly for it .
Even though this thread isn't about gowon, what would you have had him do.
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
Obiagelli:
Even though this thread isn't about gowon, what would you have had him do.
Nothing. He should just sit back and enjoy the unity of Plateau state and the rest of the NE

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
500GP: ELEYI GIDI GAN!! THIS ONE IS RAW

#OJUKWU WILL ROT IN HELL FOR THE MASSACRE OF MILLIONS OF IBO (Igbos )

Are the Igbos complaining? Why cry more than the bereaved?
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
quid:
Nothing. He should just sit back and enjoy the unity of Plateau state and the rest of the NE

Good. I guess Gowon is happy with his one Nigeria. Good morning to his people.
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 20, 2014
jusRadical:

Good. I guess Gowon is happy with his one Nigeria. Good morning to his people.
yes. . .keep guessing.
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
Obiagelli:

Good for you Nigerians.

Ojukwu is a hero. He is respected in Igboland today more than Zik: ask around.

Ojukwu is a uniting factor in igboland.

4 Likes

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
Obiagelli:

Good for you Nigerians.

Ojukwu is a hero. He is respected in Igboland today more than Zik: ask around.

Ojukwu i a uniting factor in igboland.

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
GenBuhari: Madam,
Ojukwu never started any war - fact!!
He merely declared independence.

Even general Buhari knows this 'naked, truth.

Don't mind the shoutwasiterner named obiageli.

4 Likes

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by 0merta(m): 7:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
VICTORCIZA: obiageli please read nairaland rule 14 and 18.
Ojukwu to us is a hero, you have every right to your opinion after all you are from southwest but as far as ndi igbo is concerned Ojukwu is an iroko who command respect even at death!
hold on to your opinion if it makes you happy but i am not buying it

Ojukwu, a hero? You sure?

And Anambra Igbos didn't deem it fit to vote him when he contested for the Senate twice; he even got floored by Jim Nwobodo, a Rookie in 1983...

And he never won a democratic election in his entire political career, even in Biafra states! The two times he contested for the Presidency in 2003 and 2007, if I ain't mistaken, he lost, even in Anambra, his home state...

In as much as most Igbos idolize him and revere him as a Hero, some Igbos actually hate him and wish he never came into existence, like My former Neighbour, Mr. Iheanacho. That Man no like to dey use ear hear about Ojukwu at all...

2 Likes

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
Well this thread though was a let down, this is a start of many more to come thanks to all that contributed and to SW posters, thanks for not tribalising The thread. I hope my igbo brothers won't do same on my other threads. Till next sunday.

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 20, 2014
0merta:

Ojukwu, a hero? You sure?

And Anambra Igbos didn't deem it fit to vote him when he contested for the Senate twice; he even got floored by Jim Nwobodo, a Rookie in 1983...

And he never won a democratic election in his entire polictical career, even in Biafra states! The two times he contested for the Presidency in 2003 and 2007, if I ain't mistaken, he lost, even in Anambra, his home state...

In as much as most Igbos idolize him and revere him as a Hero, some Igbos actually hate him and wish he never came into existence, like My former Neighbour, Mr. Iheanacho. That Man no like to dey use ear hear about Ojukwu...

Who is this your iheanacho? Who knows him?

Your iheanacho is insignificant to the millions that hold Ojukwu in high esteem.
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 20, 2014
Obiagelli: Well this thread though was a let down, .
a let down because people questioned your silent assumptions about HISTORY and UNITY?
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by russellino: 8:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ojukwu was 100% right not to recognise Gowon, an inexperienced caricature from a minority tribe imposed by northern hegemonists above a number of his southern officers like Ogudipe whose shoes he wasn't fit to lace.

Ojukwu in his early thirties (though under pressure from igbos over the progrom) was inexperienced and rambunctious enough (terribly wrong) to embark on the war too early.

All in all Ojukwu isn't the big issue, the clique of monsters that seized power in the 1966 arewa coup and ravaged us dry are still running the show (at least peripherally) and their names are OBJ, Danjuma, IBB etc

2 Likes

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 20, 2014
quid:
a let down because people questioned your silent assumptions about HISTORY and UNITY?
Nobody questioned nothing so far save for genbuhari, another open minded igbo.
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by 0merta(m): 8:07pm On Jul 20, 2014
jusRadical:

Who is this your iheanacho? Who knows him?

Your iheanacho is insignificant to the millions that hold Ojukwu in high esteem.

Not only My Mr Iheanacho, Nigger!

A lot of Igbos out there never fancied Ojukwu. Don't let your love and respect for him becloud your sense of objectivity.

Even past Igbo Leaders like the late Zik and Michael Okpara never supported Ojukwu's Seperatist Policies...
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
Obiagelli:
Nobody questioned nothing so far save for genbuhari, another open minded igbo.
Ok . . .keep posting. . . and dont run away when the flood comes. . .
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
russellino: Ojukwu was 100% right not to recognise Gowon, an inexperienced caricature from a minority tribe imposed by northern hegemonists above a number of his southern officers like Ogudipe whose shoes he wasn't fit to lace.

Ojukwu in his early thirties (though under pressure from igbos over the progrom) was inexperienced and rambunctious enough (terribly wrong) to embark on the war too early.

All in all Ojukwu isn't the big issue, the clique of monsters that seized power in the 1966 arewa coup and ravaged us dry are still running the show (at least peripherally) and their names are OBJ, Danjuma, IBB etc
Good post. Expecially the coup part, both of them in 1966.
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
quid:
Ok . . .keep posting. . . and dont run away when the flood comes. . .
what flood?
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ojukwu My pal did the right thing. There was absolutely no epitome of cowardice in his decision of leading igbos into war, it was inevitable,... he left biafra when the fight was lost, so what? If he had stayed, and was then beheaded, igbos would be mocked and laughed at, forever n ever. Yorubas n Hausas(esp yorubas) would have forged a hymn that would have its lyrics based on how they easily plucked out the head of a renowned igbo leader. I think i have tried as much as possible not to insult the father of the OP, i'm sincerely proud of myself. 'it wasn't easy holding back the curses'.

6 Likes

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 20, 2014
gratiaeo:
Awo betrayed the Igbos to please his slave masters, who later turned the heat on him. Northerner leaders’ ve given prominent Yoruba men an overdose of humiliation that will last them a life time despite using them to fight the civil war.

Did Awo die a fulfilled man? NO ……the Hausa Fulani whose interest he severed during the civil war sent him to grave. Jakande was used by IBB to rope Awo into treasonable felony …Awo later committed suicide.

Did Abiola die a fulfilled man NO , his paddy paddy IBB messed him up big time, and he was later imprisoned, chained, tortured and later poisoned to death. Some top military officers watched his Compromizing Video with Kudurat while he was in prison, what a shame!!!. Northern military officers make mockery of his heavenly feeling groans. liking it to that of a se'x starved ape, that is the height of humiliation, the Compromizing Video was circulated among Hausa officers and few Igbos. Abiola’s se'x heavenly feeling groans was/is still a butt of joke on Yorubas. Kudurat was later slaughtered like a sallah ram.

Shenokan was humiliated out of office like a street tout after just 80 days in office.
Diya, Adisa, Olaruwaju was humiliated and thrown out of office like an
The list is endless Bola Ige and others
so Yorubas ve not really achieved much after the war, the Igbos ve taken over Lagos with their 20 pound, making Yorubas tenants in Lagos Yorubas are the greatest losers of all times.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obasanjo Warns Nigerians Against Allowing Buhari To Be Rigged Out! / President Buhari Convoy Hold Up Traffic For One And Half Hour In Abuja! / Shites Sacrifice In Devils Name To Kill Buhari (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.