Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,091 members, 7,835,671 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu (4982 Views)

Very Interesting: America's Secret Files On Ojukwu. / The Time Magazine On Ojukwu:the Gentleman Rebel / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Ojukwu's Demise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by bloodyassassin: 4:25pm On Jul 20, 2014
hey you all are mad and stupid especially the op.

were do you think bigotry will lead you guys noting it will just make you more sobber and mad.

yeah am an igbo yet i keep intertribe friendship infact my trusted business partner is a Yoruba and Muslim.

this is getting too much so as a killer i declare all bigots both igbo and Yoruba especially this bastard harlot OP that sparked this thread to a burning furnace DEAD.

all bigots in nairaland are vultures
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by arewafederation: 5:05pm On Jul 20, 2014
bloodyassassin: hey you all are mad and stupid especially the op.

were do you think bigotry will lead you guys noting it will just make you more sobber and mad.

yeah am an igbo yet i keep intertribe friendship infact my trusted business partner is a Yoruba and Muslim.

this is getting too much so as a killer i declare all bigots both igbo and Yoruba especially this bastard harlot OP that sparked this thread to a burning furnace DEAD.

all bigots in nairaland are vultures

So, this village goat can reason like a human being shocked. Impressive.

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by bloodyassassin: 5:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
arewafederation:

So, I the village goat can still reason like a human being shocked. Impressive.

its not too late dude

not my concern
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ziluxga: Obiagelli the truth is that from the tone of ur voice, u didn't open the thread for us to discuss how the civil war started, what led to it plus others. U only opened it to discredit Ojukwu and turn his people against him which is not possible.Plz what do u mean by without needless waste of lives. Boko haram is growing everyday and attacking with greater momentum, this situation Obiagelli, causes war. So go now and advise Arewa elders to talk to their boys, and not when this wild spreading boko haram fire gets to SE and they retaliate, u drop boko haram and carry Ibos on ur head dancing naked on ur market square as u hv carriede Ojukwu today. U will also re-write history as ur fathers have re-written it. Obiagelli do somethin now b4 u blame Ojukwu again.
If that was the tone you sensed from my post then I must say you are wrong, I came from a point of view that didn't support ojukwu not that I don't support biafra. Ojukwu made Several "selfish" decisions that we should never be tricked into again. There is no point being emotional about it.
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
Madam,
Ojukwu never started any war - fact!!
He merely declared independence.
Obiagelli:
was the war well thought out?
Was the war winnable?
Was the war a struggle for power?
Why did Ojukwu reject advice from other igbo leaders to stop the war
What Was Ojukwu desperate about

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 20, 2014
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by bloodyassassin: 5:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
GenBuhari: Madam,

am surprised at your post.

make sense

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
Controversy: Africa as a whole missed the opportunity to rewrite her history by refusing to supporting Biafra in 1967. If you ask me, Ojukwu was a man of wisdom and vision.
I think ojukwu didn't sell his ideas well because he was blinded by personal rift with gowon. The likes of zik and many other African leaders including the much hated awolowo supported the biafran idea till ojukwu lost it most expecially to impatience
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
GenBuhari: Madam,
And the consequence of declaring independence is what?
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
Obiagelli:
I think ojukwu didn't sell his ideas well because he was blinded by personal rift with gowon. The likes of zik and many other African leaders including the much hated awolowo supported the biafran idea till ojukwu lost it most expecially to impatience
^^ see as you dey misyarn

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
The consequence of not declaring independence may have been just as bad or worse - given that Igbos were fleeing from massacres
Obiagelli:
And the consequence of declaring independence is what?

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
GenBuhari: The consequence of not declaring independence may have been just as bad or worse - given that Igbos were fleeing from massacres
I like the word may as I don't think the aggressors we planning to invade the East. The result of that declaration was far worse than ever imagined. In the end it achieved nothing
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
Obiagelli:
I like the word may as I don't think the aggressors we planning to invade the East. The result of that declaration was far worse than ever imagined. In the end it achieved nothing
Yes
And Gowon has not been able to unite his small Plateau state since then

mumu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Jos_riots

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 20, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

The bolded says it all. Oily soup influence.
My people, please desist from oily soup or you'll start speaking sophisticated gibberish.
Let us blame it on them. Good thoughts
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 20, 2014
quid:
Yes
And Gowon has not been able to unite his small Plateau state since then

mumu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Jos_riots
Again let's blame gowon
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
Obiagelli:
Again let's blame gowon
No. . .blame me.

Fighting a war to UNITE Nigeria; without reflecting on the meaning of UNITY.

Capital MUMU

2 Likes

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 20, 2014
quid:
No. . .blame me.

Fighting a war to UNITE Nigeria; without reflecting on the meaning of UNITY.

Capital MUMU
He should have declared plateau too independent? Very funny. Calling someone mumu without superior argument is very funny

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 20, 2014
Obiagelli:
He should have declared plateau too independent? Very funny
Let us see how many more will die in order to Unite plateau state. Enjoy the show . . .

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
quid:
Let us see how many more will die in order to Unite plateau state. Enjoy the show . . .

We might as well declare independence in every local government or household till we find unity.

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
Obiagelli:
We might as well declare independence in every local government or household till we find unity.
Or better . . .go home and reflect properly on the meaning of UNITY before coming here to talk gibberish.

If Gowon is your role model, then I pity you.
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ojukwu can not be blamed for declaring independence, at a time his people were fleeing from massacres from most regions of the country.

He had absolute right to do so under those circumstances as the federation was not ensuring the protection of Igbo lives at that time.

Ojukwu did not start the war, Gowon fired the first shots

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by bloodyassassin: 6:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
arewafederation:

I am your favourite goat on Nairaland.
Hi 5!

i dont need you
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
GenBuhari: Ojukwu can not be blamed for declaring independence, at a time his people were fleeing from massacres from most regions of the country.

He had absolute right to do so under those circumstances as the federation was not ensuring the protection of Igbo lives at that time.

Ojukwu did not start the war, Gowon fired the first shots

I what would have happened if Nigeria abruptly declared independence before 1960, ojukwu was a student of history and yet he didn't use his wealth of experience.
Some could also claim gowon only issued an arrest warrant.
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 20, 2014
quid:
Or better . . .go home and reflect properly on the meaning of UNITY before coming here to talk gibberish.

If Gowon is your role model, then I pity you.
Gowon my role model? Lol. Thread says history sunday, its a series Bro. Stop being emotional.
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 20, 2014
Obiagelli:
I what would have happened if Nigeria abruptly declared independence before 1960, ojukwu was a student of history and yet he didn't use his wealth of experience.
Some could also claim gowon only issued an arrest warrant.
Gowon was supported by imperial Britain, otherwise he stood no chance. He has enslaved Nigeria to Britain

Gowons mumu ideas have also enlsaved the entire middle-belt to northern terrorists, which has led to the unending Jos crises.

Think out of the box for once.

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 20, 2014
Obiagelli:
Gowon my role model? Lol. Thread says history sunday, its a series Bro. Stop being emotional.
Your emotions are not allowing you to reason well. You are thinking in a very narrow straight path

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
Why are you surprised?
bloodyassassin:

am surprised at your post.

make sense
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 20, 2014
quid:
Your emotions are not allowing you to reason well. You are thinking in a very narrow straight path
The only emotions I sense is coming from u and its not allowing you address the topics properly other that throw out labels and tags.
Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
Obiagelli:
The only emotions I sense is coming from u and its not allowing you address the topics properly other that throw out labels and tags.
You are not addressing any topic. . . just recycling ancient rumours.

1 Like

Re: History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
quid:
You are not addressing any topic. . . just recycling ancient rumours.
Rumors that could have put to bed with your facts not emotions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

International Women's Day: Buhari Greets Nigerian Women / This Is What Buhari's Victory Means / Yar’adua Laments Exclusion Of Nigeria From G20 Meeting In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.