Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? (1121 Views)

Pastor Impregnates Two Sisters In Lagos (pictured) / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / Divorce Rates Amongst Born-again Christians Compared To Other Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by sokoto: 2:37pm On Oct 11, 2008
most time i wonder if if  we still have very beatiful sisters in churches these days and  still serve God heartedly
Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by janami(f): 7:58pm On Oct 11, 2008
When u say beautiful sisters, what do u mean? dont forget u r in the religion section
Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by tpia: 8:30pm On Oct 11, 2008
you must have missed the thread about Chris Okotie's wife?

Check any church in your vicinity (especially if you're abroad), and look around to see if the ugly sisters outnumber the beautiful ones.
Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by lucabrasi(m): 12:22pm On Oct 12, 2008
check out house on the rock in lagos,heard they have some prettay xtian sisters there checkn it out in a couple of months mself wink
Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:35pm On Oct 12, 2008
lucabrasi:

check out house on the rock in lagos,heard they have some prettay Christian sisters there checkn it out in a couple of months mself wink

Amen to that.
That church is filled with super sexy smoking hot christian sisters. Praise the lord.
Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by janami(f): 9:09am On Oct 13, 2008
hmmm . . . sexy . . . the guy is tlkin abt beauty, unless i am wrong there are diff definitions of beauty in the religious world. But if he means physical beauty, i guess he hasnt bin attending church for a while
Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by JJYOU: 9:23am On Oct 13, 2008
"Its A Long Way From Sunday School To Broadway"

Oh she used to stand and clap her hands and sing Amazing Grace
While the tears of childhood innocence were streaming down her face
Mama prayed at night and raised her right and thought she knew her way
But it's a long long way from Sunday School to where she's at today

It's a long long way from Sunday School to Broadway
She's a long way from the girl she used to be
When you sing the city songs it's hard to find your way back home
And it's a long long way from Sunday School to Broa-oa-oadway

Sunday evenings spent in the gospel tent down on her bended knee
Where she gave her soul to Jesus and he set her spirit free
But her body longed for city life and she couldn't stay at home
And it's a long long way from Sunday School to New York nights alone

Then her eyes grew bright in the cool dark night and a halo framed her face
And a passer-by swore he heard her cry, can you hear Amazing Gra-ace
Did you see the man who took her life as she walked the New York streets
And it's a long long way from Broadway till the place at the Master's feet

When you sing the city songs it's hard to find you
Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by janami(f): 9:28am On Oct 13, 2008
jjyou
lol
Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by JJYOU: 11:26am On Oct 13, 2008
good morning my dear sister. trust you are well.  Job said when the children of God came to worship,  the wicked on kids came also along with them.

we live in an ephemeral age. bling bling is the other other of the day.

that song is an old song.  broadway as you know is NY theatre land.  just reminding us the distance between sunday school and theatre land is a long way. 

the wahala most people cause themselves these days in the name of dating. 

God help us

enjoy this igot from face book

Shola Adu-Okubote sent a message to the members of Femme Lounge.

--------------------
Subject: One Thing I KnowForSure

One Thing i KnowForSure

There is absolutely nothing we have that we have not received!

As young women in today’s fast-paced world and in a society that does not consult our strengths and weakness before it leads our life - If we allow! , we are so prone to measuring ourselves by the achievements of others.

Sometimes we judge other women's life by the yardstick of ours and look down on them when they do not attain to our standards, we judge them by where they shop, by when and if they get married, by their jobs, by where they live, by who makes their hair and fix their nails, by what they ride, by who they are with, where they have been to …, overlooking their uniqueness and location on the journey of life, and giving ourselves a false sense of superiority.

The truth is, our achievement, and the processes and resources it has required are divine! We have it because its been given to us, we can only gather what has been released.

Good health, Pretty face, Great job, Networks, Million dollars idea, Friendship , Intelligence, Great Parents, Happy Home, , none has ever been our own making.

Its been given to us as a means to an end, pieces that should be tailored to help us fit an empty space in life's jigsaw puzzle, and that sense of purpose should fuell our gratitude for all that we have.

What do you KnowForSure today?
Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by janami(f): 12:12pm On Oct 13, 2008
jjyou
Yeah i know broadway. Its a very long way from sunday school.

i like the write up on "one thing i know for sure" its very true.
Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by JJYOU: 12:23pm On Oct 13, 2008
i knew you are clever enough to know broadway just had to do that for those who may not know. it is a brillaint song

you wonder why there are many divorces in the church when all my brothers are looking for is who wear the falsest [b]if the is a word like that[/b] other peoples hair, nails, eye lashes and make up. today being monday we shall not talk on mini skirts and clothes that dont fit.

Proverbs 31:30 Bible in Basic English
Fair looks are a deceit, and a beautiful form is of no value; but a woman who has the fear of the Lord is to be praised.
Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 13, 2008
these are worldly thing, people now go to church to worship beauty

the Psalmist says:

Who may ascend the hill of the LORD ?
Who may stand in his holy place?

He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
who does not lift up his soul to an idol

Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by tpia: 12:39am On Oct 14, 2008
Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by obinna5000(m): 12:04pm On Oct 14, 2008
@tpia
I just stumbled upon ur name just now.
Long time no type. Its been a while since I heard from u. Whats up? Where have u been since?
I believe that we are all beautiful in the sight of God.

Stay blessed. smiley
Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by tpia: 7:26pm On Oct 14, 2008
Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by obinna5000(m): 12:39pm On Oct 15, 2008
@tpia
Old boy! Its Religious now.
I no do the other one again. embarassed
How is New Zealand?
Be contributing more in the religious section.
Stay blessed. smiley
Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by Gamine(f): 12:40pm On Oct 15, 2008
LOL.

All my sisters are beautiful and born again.

I tell ya, they still exist o

Ugly dey hin side the following churchs

Church of lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Holy Spirit fire and water mission

Faith that worketh ministry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

e.t.c
Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by KunleOshob(m): 12:53pm On Oct 15, 2008
tpia:

you must have missed the thread about Chris Okotie's wife?
Check any church in your vicinity (especially if you're abroad), and look around to see if the ugly sisters outnumber the beautiful ones.

And who told you that Chris Okotie's wife is born again is it becos she is a pastor's wife even the pastor himself how do you know for sure he is born again, cos if he is he would not be getting married to a divorcee.
Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by obinna5000(m): 12:59pm On Oct 15, 2008
@Gamine
Why u no complete d name of the church?
Some sisters may look ugly physically, but in God's eye, she is beautiful.

@KunleOshob
grin
Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by Gamine(f): 1:11pm On Oct 15, 2008
We are talking of man's eyes here o.

All Gods creatures are beautiful

but some are more beautiful than the rest
Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by obinna5000(m): 1:22pm On Oct 15, 2008
@Gamine
I once saw a survey on the net that said that handsome guys tend to find ugly girls very attractive. undecided

There must be something those guys must have seen in them to say they are beautiful.

But to me it is not what is on the outside but what is on the inside.
But the beauty God is looking for is not the facial or body features.
Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by Gamine(f): 1:28pm On Oct 15, 2008
Mr guy

I dont think the poster is talking about inner beauty or watever

We are talking physical here,

i dont know about the poll carried out.

But Beauty is in the Eye of the Beautiful person beholder
Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by MCUsman(m): 4:33pm On Oct 15, 2008
Why not have a beauty pageant inside the church and decide the proportion or ratio of beautiful & ugly girls. With the kind of provoking mini/ micror mini skirts that are countless during night vigil, the pastors would not have difficult time making objective selection.
Re: Do We Still Ve Beautiful Born Again Sisters? by bawomolo(m): 5:51pm On Oct 15, 2008
We are talking of man's eyes here o.

All Gods creatures are beautiful

but some are more beautiful than the rest

which kin dr.phil/montel statement be this, if you wowo you wowo. no consolation prize cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Unfullfilled Prophecies In The Bible. / ? Who Is Truly Born Again And What Qualifies U To Enter Into The Kingdom Of God / Spirit Of Korah In Nairaland Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.