Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

How To Find Your Lost Ipod Touch, Iphone, Or Ipad - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Find Your Lost Ipod Touch, Iphone, Or Ipad (1383 Views)

Pls And Pls Never Compare Tecno Phones With Iphone Or Samsung / How To Reset Your Lost 2go Password / Ipod Touch!how Do I Transfer Music From Laptop To My Ipod Touch? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Find Your Lost Ipod Touch, Iphone, Or Ipad by segtak25: 3:00pm On Jul 20, 2014

If you have just lost your Apple mobile devices follow the step below to find it. In other to get these done , you must have a feature on your device called Find My Phone.
If you have not enabled this feature, it will not be able to track your device. So, it is recommended that you contact your service provider and send them your phone IMEI. The provider may be able to help you find your phone’s location.
If you are using an ipod or ipad touch that does not have a cingular feature , then your option for find it will be limited.
If you have not enabled this feature, it will not be able to track your device. So, it is recommended that you contact your service provider and send them your phone IMEI. The provider may be able to help you find your phone’s location.
Setting Up Find My iPhone on Your Device
1.Tap the Settings icon on your home screen.

2.In the Settings s, Just scroll down until you find an option called iCloud, and tap on it to continue.

3.If you have not configured iCloud before, you may be asked to sign in using your Apple ID.
Once you have
completed the sign-in process, scroll down near the bottom of the screen, and turn the Find My iPhone option on. Using an iPad or iPod Touch, change the option according to your device

4.When the Find My iPhone confirmation box appears on screen, tapOK.

1.If you have another iDevice, download the Find My iPhoneapp from the App Store using these link http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/find-my-iphone/id376101648?mt=8, and use it to track your lost device on the go. Alternatively, you can use the web version of iCloud , visit these link http://icloud.com to track the device. From my little experience using both methods to locate my device, the web version provides more details than the mobile version. Although the steps below are for the web version.. So my belief is that the interface of the mobile app should be similar.
2.Once you log in to iCloud, click on theAll Devices buttonat the top of the screen, and choose the lost phone from the list.

3.If the phone is currently traceable, its location will be updated on the map.
The greendot on screen indicates that the phone is currently online. If you click on the dot, you should also be able to find out when and how this location was updated.
If the device is offline, the dot will turn gray, and the map will display its last known location.
4.When the device is found, you only have options toplay sound on the device remotely, put it in Lost mode, or erase the device completely.
NOTE : The PlaySound optionis only helpful when you have misplaced the device somewhere in your house and want to find it.
The Lost Mode allows you to lock the device remotely using a pass code. You will be able to create a new passcode even if you have not done so before.
The Erase iPhone option completely wipes out the data on the lost phone. Choose this option only as a last resort.
5.By default, the map should be displayed in Standardmode. You can switch toSatelliteview to get a better idea of the location of the phone or useHybridmodewhich combines the standard and satellite modes together.
credit : Http://techcribng.com visit it nw for How-To-Tutorials, mobile and computer tips and tricks onTechnology topics , tips and Tricks on Social Media, Software Applications and Web Technologies

Source : http://techcribng.com/how-to-find-your-lost-ipod-touch-iphone-or-ipad/

what do you think?
Re: How To Find Your Lost Ipod Touch, Iphone, Or Ipad by segtak25: 3:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
Av done my part, its left to you.
What do you think?
Re: How To Find Your Lost Ipod Touch, Iphone, Or Ipad by ckhelvin: 5:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
Adding to waht d op said; u can log on to the web address 'iCloud.com' to find ur apple device only on laptop..it's impossible on any fone other dan 'finding my iPhone' app on your iPhone or using either safari on ur Mac or Firefox on window os ..and op in respect to waht u said regarding the restriction of the 'find my iPhone app' on the ipad I don't think yhu right cos I use it on my ipad and it gives d full ETA and geographic location of ur lost ipad irrespective of contacting ur service provider..
Re: How To Find Your Lost Ipod Touch, Iphone, Or Ipad by segtak25: 7:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
ckhelvin: Adding to waht d op said; u can log on to the web address 'iCloud.com' to find ur apple device only on laptop..it's impossible on any fone other dan 'finding my iPhone' app on your iPhone or using either safari on ur Mac or Firefox on window os
yes you are ryt
Re: How To Find Your Lost Ipod Touch, Iphone, Or Ipad by segtak25: 7:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
If you notice you ve lost ur device , you can immediately lock your device and send it a message with a contact number. Then whoever finds it can call you from the Lock screen without accessing the rest of the information on your device.

If your device goes missing, put it in Lost Mode immediately. Enter a four-digit passcode to prevent anyone else from accessing your personal information.
Activation Lock.
iOS 7 includes a new feature called Activation Lock, which is designed to prevent anyone else from using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if you ever lose it. And it starts working the moment you turn on Find My iPhone in iOS 7. Turning off Find My iPhone or erasing your device requires your Apple ID and password. And your Apple ID and password are required before anyone can reactivate it.
Remote Erase.
Sometimes it’s better to be safe than sorry. If you’re worried that your device has fallen into the wrong hands, you may want to initiate a remote wipe to delete your personal data and restore your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac to its factory settings. With iOS 7, Find My iPhone can continue to display your custom message, even after your device has been erased. And if you do retrieve your device, you can restore it from your iCloud backup.
credit : http://techcribng.com
Re: How To Find Your Lost Ipod Touch, Iphone, Or Ipad by jemier1: 8:26am On Apr 06, 2015
There are three ways you can follow:

1. You can restore iTunes backups to your iPhone at any time. Follow these steps to choose a backup and sync the data to your iPhone.

(1) Connect the iPhone to the computer with a USB cable.
(2) Open iTunes.
(3) If you have a new or erased iPhone, iTunes will prompt you to restore from backup.
(4) Otherwise, Control-click on your iPhone under DEVICES in the left menu.
(5) Select Restore From Backup...
(6) Choose the backup you wish to sync and click the Restore button.
2. You will be prompted by Setup Assistant by a new iPhone to set up as a new phone or restore from backup.
how to restore deleted contacts from iPhone
(1) Make sure your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi and plugged into the charger.
(2) Select the option Restore From iCloud Backup.
(3) Enter your iCloud account and password.
(4) Choose the recent backup you wish to restore to your iPhone.
(5) Enter any passwords required when prompted.
Or you can use some third-party programs like iPhone Data Recovery. Here is a guide for you: how to recover deleted text messages on iPhone

(1) (Reply)

The New Blackberry: Passport / Opsson Ivo 8800 Users / Free 200 Mb For Airtel Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.