Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,996 members, 7,828,516 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here (61411 Views)

Farmers! Let's See You In The Farm. Post Your Pictures Here. / Palm Oil Farmers Let's Meet Here / Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Akag: 12:46pm On Aug 11, 2014
Need a sprinkling(irrigation) job on your farm,
feel free to contact me on 08121470897
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by endy247(f): 12:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
@farmtech,pls whats d whole sale price 4 ur eggs. i buy in large quantity and i stay at nkpor too.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Pavore9: 12:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
Akag: Need a sprinkling(irrigation) job on your farm,
feel free to contact me on 08121470897
Where are you located?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Anowax(m): 12:59pm On Aug 11, 2014
rareman: Am based in Lagos have my farm in Ogun state, I want to know the marketing side of farm biz in anambra. Good thread anyway!
Good day sir... Am Onyeka Awka-Etiti, Nkolofia village precisely. Am currently doing my NYSC in Ogun State Batch B'14. Sir I would like to know where your farm is situated here (in Ogun) because I read Agriculture and am looking forward to practising it. Hope to pay you a visit and learning from you too... Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Akag: 1:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
Pavore9: Where are you located?
Our office is in Owerri and all over Nigeria
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by IFEADIKA(m): 1:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
Any clue on how to start rabbit rearing....thanks while waiting for reply either here or to weeblyproductsales@gmail.com
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by ozikam: 1:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
Do u have issues of Extension worker, Vet. Doctors, agric insurance, finance/investors, land and a agric business survey plan. Get in touch on 08067837873, 08181348167
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Kcinho(m): 1:41pm On Aug 11, 2014
Pavore9: lt is so frustrating! l recall when we were paying huge wagebill on those farm hands to thresh rice at achalla, paying & feeding 15 people daily for a job not even well done till we got d thresher only 3 workers was used, 4litres of fuel used daily!
Nwanne daalu. I have been looking at mechanised rice farming in Igga in Enugu state cos I believe that's a way to good returns from rice farming. Do u an idea on how much setting up a rice mill will take?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Pavore9: 1:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
@Kcinho, as per cost of setting up a mill, l will suggest you visit several operating rice mills in Omor (Anambra) and Abakaliki(Eboyi) to get to know types/brands of machines they use in order to make an informed calculation.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Antivirus92(m): 1:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
My brothers reasoning well. I am an intending farmer(poultry) even though i am a student. I reside in awka but i am originally from oraukwu(idemili north)

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Omonjoe(m): 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
Glad to be here. I intend starting a poultry farm in Edo state before end of the year. I am a novice in this biz though currently carrying out a research on it. Please can one advice me on how to start. Like the first thing to do, the type of bird to start with etc.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by roxell120(m): 2:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
h
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Apitch(m): 2:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
Omonjoe: Glad to be here. I intend starting a poultry farm in Edo state before end of the year. I am a novice in this biz though currently carrying out a research on it. Please can one advice me on how to start. Like the first thing to do, the type of bird to start with etc.
It depends on what u want, whether u are in it for meat or for eggs
Layers will take u 20weeks to start laying eggs and broilers will take 2months+ to hit the market, in any case, do ur research well and decide based on what u can really manage. Farmtech will advice U better based on experience
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Kcinho(m): 2:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
Pavore9: @Kcinho, as per cost of setting up a mill, l will suggest you visit several operating rice mills in Omor (Anambra) and Abakaliki(Eboyi) to get to know types/brands of machines they use in order to make an informed calculation.
Tnx. I'll visit there and the Adarice farm settlement too.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by ikanason(m): 2:41pm On Aug 11, 2014
Am in
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by o42austino(m): 2:59pm On Aug 11, 2014
fayahsoul: am representing oraukwu but i dey breed grasscutter for 042. My farm is about two months old so i just started. nno nu o.
Am from Adazi-Ani,where in 042 is ur farm?, i stay at Agbani rd.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Pavore9: 3:02pm On Aug 11, 2014
Kcinho:
Tnx. I'll visit there and the Adarice farm settlement too.
ls the processing plant now functioning?The last time l was at Adani that huge govt-owned mill was more of a museum bt uzo-uwani has vast land for rice farming.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Apitch(m): 3:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
o42austino: Am from Adazi-Ani,where in 042 is ur farm?, i stay at Agbani rd.
Nwanne m oo! Are U into farming too? I would love to have ur contact

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by aryzgreat: 3:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
jisienu Ike umunne.

love this.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by 2rublues(m): 4:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
no one is talking about snail or plantain farming. pls any clue on wea i can get firsthand experience in anambra
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by ps5(m): 4:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
www.anambrayouthfarmers..com

OUR MISSION
To inspire Young Farmers, Entrepreneurs, Cooperate
Bodies, Finance Institutions, Industries and
Government to heavily invest in agriculture, so as to
make Anambra number one food producing state in
the country.
WHY EMBARKING ON THIS MISSION
1. To contribute our quota to eradicate poverty in
Nigeria
2. To empower ourselves to be the best destined for us
by our creator - Almighty God.
3. To practice the adage that says the more we are in
the league of millionaire the merrier it becomes and the
better for the peace and prosperity our Nation.
4. To share what we know, practice and have worked
successfully for us.
5. To expose the idea of farming in Nigeria as great
income opportunity.
6. To eliminate idleness and hopelessness in our
country.
7. To show people how to prosper through farming
despite the economy.
8. To motivate the less privileged ones to be self-
dependent.
9. To let people know that our country is greatly
blessed with resources yet unexplored.
10. To direct employees on how to augment their
income without affecting their present job.
11. To transfer the technology to retirees, housewives,
young school leavers, investors, traders, local dwellers,
applicants, family economic advancement programme
(FEAP)/NGO and workers who need extra income to
augment their merge salary.
12. To reduce financial crisis and crime in our society.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by ps5(m): 4:29pm On Aug 11, 2014
2rublues: no one is talking about snail or plantain farming. pls any clue on wea i can get firsthand experience in anambra

Snail Farming in Nigeria is quite lucrative, and many
Nigerians are getting into this business involving snail
farming. Apart from the point that snail farm is all to
easy to manage, snail farming doesn't require much
technicalities as well as capital as snails can simply be
picked around for that take-off.

anambrayouthfarmers..com/2013/04/snail-farming.html?m=1
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by bumsiee: 5:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
sad m not 4rm anambra but m aspiring 2 be a large scale farmer m still gathering momentum n knowledge n I need mentoring. Pls m I still welcome 2 dis tread? smiley
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Apitch(m): 5:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
bumsiee: sad m not 4rm anambra but m aspiring 2 be a large scale farmer m still gathering momentum n knowledge n I need mentoring. Pls m I still welcome 2 dis tread? smiley
Of course u r welcome on board

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Kcinho(m): 5:57pm On Aug 11, 2014
Pavore9: ls the processing plant now functioning?The last time l was at Adani that huge govt-owned mill was more of a museum bt uzo-uwani has vast land for rice farming.
I have not been there recently.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by galaxy4rep(m): 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2014
will lease as much as you want to you, am from umumbo , ayamelum local govt. call 07068925755.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Pavore9: 6:06pm On Aug 11, 2014
Kcinho:
I have not been there recently.
l was there way back 2009, l hope things have improved there. Mechanized rice farming is the way to go as manual labour costs eats deeply into the farmer's profits.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Kcinho(m): 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
Pavore9: l was there way back 2009, l hope things have improved there. Mechanized rice farming is the way to go as manual labour costs eats deeply into the farmer's profits.
I'm considering that. Hope I will make profit. Another problem they have is market. How did you cope back then?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Pavore9: 6:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
Kcinho:
I'm considering that. Hope I will make profit. Another problem they have is market. How did you cope back then?
lf u grow a good variety & process into stone-free, clean grains, l tell u the market won't be a problem.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by roxell120(m): 7:03pm On Aug 11, 2014
g

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Python Killed After Swallowing Three Chickens in Their Cage (pics) / Ecdysis: The Shedded Snake Skin I Found On My Farm With A Prominent Head / Cost Of Mechanised Land Clearing in Ogbomosho With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.