Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,102 members, 7,842,172 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants (22477 Views)

Innoson Motors Spotted At The National Assembly Complex (See Photos) / Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun / Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by Rikidony(m): 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
caseless: how old are u?
thats not the point. the point is that you are directly or indirectly feeling the fresh air gringringringrin
Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by Rikidony(m): 1:30pm On Jul 21, 2014
Emulti:

And I will remain a servant all d days of my life, amen.

AMEN gringrin
Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by Caseless: 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
Rikidony: thats not the point. the point is that you are directly or indirectly feeling the fresh air
the air cant be less fresh than it is right now under gej.

1 Like

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by Vavavoom(m): 1:38pm On Jul 21, 2014
LordAdam:

Nice input. But I'm afraid of the effectiveness of setting up such a council in our 'fine' country. I've thought hard about the idea, and all I can seem to crank up is the many ways this can easily fall apart or lose credibility.

I'm still hopeful though and if there's any of such council, I'd like to know, probably be part of what goes on there. For a country that has given us a banner to live under for the last 5 decades, a lot of us sure don't care about her trajectory.

~LordAdam

~LordAdam,
There exist cpc.gov.ng - but it is governmental kiss. However, the body highlights as one of its core pursuit: The right to choice at competitive pricing. I have not used it before and can't vouch for its effectiveness. Nevertheless, I think its a good platform to affect, to try and let the civil populace be aware and take charge and help the government head in the direction we desire.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by Betterlife4u: 2:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
Really this is how nigeria Educational system looks like.

1 Like

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
frainc: is that your name?

No wonder because is only a fool will wish his country men war

you re a kid
Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 21, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: I am a hater, but not part of mynd's gang...

If these cars won't go for N1,000,000 per new one, then its useless setting up plants here.

Be sincere,how many decent used[tokunbo] cars with good mileage,less than 10 years old would you get at the price of N1m..??

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by sonety2k(m): 3:41pm On Jul 21, 2014
I wish they could firstly start the manufacturing of car parts first.

1 Like

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by FILUX(m): 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
wow! good news, next will be assemblying an AIRCRAFT in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by shevy45(m): 4:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
A UK USed SDMO 100kva Generator Forsale. This Generator Can Power A Whole Estate. There's a warranty For it, A beep Or A Ping Will Surely Convince You. Pin:21D1C3A6

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by JaaizTech: 4:37pm On Jul 21, 2014
Well, I know I will get my fare share of criticism for being pessimistic. There is so much talk about Automobile plant here and there and yet no one knows where the Automobile factory is No one has seen videos of the automobile plant. I mean these are things the manufacturers will be so glad to show case; but yet all we have seen are computer models of the cars to be manufactured.

Toyota and Kia can sound promising, but that is the politics of the Business World. They can make all sorts of grand statements but with little commitments. Let us see the plants first, then we will start believing.

Now to Economics... Why Did Peugeot Manufacturing plants Fail why are there Automobile manufacturing plants in South Africa Is it because of a policy they made Why did Indomie Noodles build manufacturing plants all across Nigeria Did they need any special incentives from Govt. to do that No. the answer is Economics.

Parting Question: HOW ECONOMICAL DO YOU THINK IT WILL BE FOR TOYOTA TO MANUFACTURE CARS IN NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by abdulwastecx(m): 4:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
jayseehe:
grin
you and I know that it is impossible, except you want them to run @ loss...
cost of production in Nigeria is very high; labour cost and lack of stable electricity..... besides, they will need to recover the money used in building the plant.

I must commend GEJ for this, this is the only positive policy to come out of his office.
but we need power supply, these COYs need it to survive... without it, none of this cars will be exported even to our neighboring countries due to the high cost of the cars

the only problem with Nigeria manufacturing infustry is power supply and since the sector has been privatized power will soon be available for manufacturing plant along lagos axis.
Nigeria have a comparatively low labour
cost camparer to Japan and south Korea because Nigeria capital is much lower compared to them. so labour cost will be cheaper.
they dont need to recover the money they used to set up the plant as soon as possible because it is part of their asset since it a long time business.
yes it is possible to sell made in Nigeria saloon vehicle 1million naira

1 Like

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by abdulwastecx(m): 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
sonety2k: I wish they could firstly start the manufacturing of car parts first.

South korea start by importing CKDP from japan in the 80s, now they are one of the largest car manufacturer in the world.

we need assembly plant first, then some of the part can now be manufactured locally it we developed our foundry shops very well

3 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by anonimi: 5:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
shevy45:
A UK USed SDMO 100kva Generator Forsale. This Generator Can Power A Whole Estate. There's a warranty For it, A beep Or A Ping Will Surely Convince You. Pin:21D1C3A6

Una don start to dey dispose of una gen sets already
Shebi people sey nothing dey happen for electricity....una nor wan wait make the power transformation finish ni?

3 Likes

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by Zikkyy(m): 5:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
JaaizTech:
Now to Economics... Why Did Peugeot Manufacturing plants Fail

They lost market share. Their major customer (government) migrated to japanese brands.

1 Like

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by Shopmoni: 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
[Okeeeeh oooo]

Keep dreaming. U guys dat want 1 million naira cars should wait till those that bought brand new will use theirs for 3-4 yrs and want to sell as second hand.[/quote]
Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by Michdear(f): 8:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
Largas: I'm not hating. But Lagos is over-populated and needs to be decongested. We need more commercial cities. Every plant mustn't be sited at Lagos.
Good initiative btw...
yea I think you are right,meanwhile toyota have a site nearby lagos (ondo)

1 Like

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by 44chux(m): 8:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
sexylogan:

Sad but it's true.

I don't know why in Nigeria, owning a car is a staus symbol (whether it is a Tokunbo) not to talk of buying a new car.

When will Nigeria adopt the practise of loan purchasing as most countries do...U pay a percentage as downpayment

for the new car, let's say 20% and the remaining you can pay in monthly installments over several years.

Owning a new car shouldn't be a big deal but our leaders will prefer things to remain as they are now.
Auto financing for new cars has been in existence for as long as I can remember although its usually at prime lending rate of between 21-28% per annum with 30% initial equity contribution on owner's part. My first kia was purchased through firstbank in 2006
http://www.wealthresult.com/2014/05/Car-loan-in-Nigeria.html

Whenever there is major face-lift or restyling of the model there is always a promo at zero percent interest to clear old stock. All u need to do is search the dailies especially during Decembers for offers
http://issuu.com/vanguardngr/docs/21072014/15?e=0/8674420\
Sterling bank is even presently trying to sell off Dana's stock below PLR as part of liquidation process

1 Like

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by 44chux(m): 8:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
JaaizTech: Well, I know I will get my fare share of criticism for being pessimistic. There is so much talk about Automobile plant here and there and yet no one knows where the Automobile factory is No one has seen videos of the automobile plant. I mean these are things the manufacturers will be so glad to show case; but yet all we have seen are computer models of the cars to be manufactured.

Toyota and Kia can sound promising, but that is the politics of the Business World. They can make all sorts of grand statements but with little commitments. Let us see the plants first, then we will start believing.

Now to Economics... Why Did Peugeot Manufacturing plants Fail why are there Automobile manufacturing plants in South Africa Is it because of a policy they made Why did Indomie Noodles build manufacturing plants all across Nigeria Did they need any special incentives from Govt. to do that No. the answer is Economics.

Parting Question: HOW ECONOMICAL DO YOU THINK IT WILL BE FOR TOYOTA TO MANUFACTURE CARS IN NIGERIA
Daily it becomes harder and harder to dream about the day I'd own my first (affordable) made in 9ja car...
http://delesobowale.com/p/is-kia-going-the-way-of-daewoo-motors-2/

Meanwhile companies like nissan are already assembling, but these remain exclusively for the upper class for now
http://www.channelstv.com/2014/05/09/stallion-rolls-out-made-in-nigeria-nissan-suv/
Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by alotofgrace(m): 10:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
frainc: war wey go kill u
Abi?
Mumuni

bros u first go uniben?
Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by mikron(m): 11:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
our best presido ever. GEJ till i maracana
Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by MD45: 12:50am On Jul 22, 2014
How many people dey fit buy brand new car one time for naija apart from companies, established business men/fraud stars and politicians. I feel they still need to really look at how so many nigerians can afford to patronize these auto giants. Cos brand new car is the best.. 4 years these our local idiots called mechanics will not come near u cos they r even the onces killing our tokunbo cars.
Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by HuJJC(m): 3:06am On Jul 22, 2014
Ajaokuta steel company (The bedrock of Nigeria's industrialization) should be completed ASAP and car companies should look into establishing assembly plants in Akwa Ibom state. Environment is clean,electricity is stable, people are nicer and nearness to sea port.. I think Akwa Ibom state is next best thing.
Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by sexylogan(m): 4:58am On Jul 22, 2014
44chux:
Auto financing for new cars has been in existence for as long as I can remember although its usually at prime lending rate of between 21-28% per annum with 30% initial equity contribution on owner's part. My first kia was purchased through firstbank in 2006
http://www.wealthresult.com/2014/05/Car-loan-in-Nigeria.html

Whenever there is major face-lift or restyling of the model there is always a promo at zero percent interest to clear old stock. All u need to do is search the dailies especially during Decembers for offers
http://issuu.com/vanguardngr/docs/21072014/15?e=0/8674420\
Sterling bank is even presently trying to sell off Dana's stock below PLR as part of liquidation process

Ok. Good to know. The Interest rate is high though.
Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by donnish(m): 2:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
fiverrwin: When will they be making the parts here instead of assembly
All this BB(bad bele) em...na step by step na...

All ways seein the negative part of evry fin
bro J nice one sir

nice work
Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by 44chux(m): 2:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
sexylogan:

Ok. Good to know. The Interest rate is high though.
Keep seeking and u will find...
Personally, it isn't high considering u spread it over upto 4years and by that time inflation has devalued the buying power of same capital. Eg compare the prices for a litre of petrol and a bag of 50kg cement in say 2006 vs today. Extrapolation shows they must alway climb higher.

Nissan Urvan is zero percent. Just wait till December for hot deals
http://www.firstbanknigeria.com/promos/alliance-autos-nigeria-ltd/
Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by shevy45(m): 3:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
No Oh, na because say micro speed don make life better oh with inverter & solar panel.

MICRO-SPEEDS TECHNOLOGY & POWER SOLUTION

We sell, Install, and repair inverters, Solar Panel, CCTV Camera, Laptops, Desktop, Mask Installation Alarm Security System such as Smoke and movement Detector and Industrial Generator. Sales and repair of all kinds of Inverters, CCTV, IP Camera, Laptops, Desktop and Industrial Generators. Electrical installation Engineering. (conduit and surface wiring), and all kinds of fabrication of metal work… We also offer services like Software and hardware Engineering, PABS Installation [Data/Voice Connectivity], GSM Shelter Fabrication and Installation, Vsat Installation Engineering [wire and wireless Solution], Internet marketing, internet networking and mobile networking [Bulk SMS Services], and website Designing/hosting.

Enjoy uninterrupted power supply without a
Generator
No Noise, No Pollution,, No Generator...Think only on Inverter, Powered by innovation.
Trouble free and user friendly -The world loved it!
.Inverter are technically much more advanced as compared to generators which are noisy, polluting and need starting that usually requires pulling chords a feat not suited to ladies and children. Besides, they are often dangerous to our health and can lead to fire and accidents. Storage of fuel too is a major fire hazard. Inverter automatically takes over in case of power failure and switches off when power supply is restored; one does not even realize that there is a power failure.
It is for these very reasons that Inverters are preferred over Generators throughout the world.. All you have to do is fix and forget, the inverter does the rest.

ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS
Eco friendly since no noise pollution and no air pollution
Lesser cost of ownership and also economical to run
User friendly, automatically changes over from mains to inverter on power failure & vice-versa when power gets restored.
Low maintenance effort/cost.
Very safe and clean as no fuel handling/storage required.
Ease installation, can be installed in smaller space and as per convenience.
Good power quality and hence it is very safe for sophisticated household appliances.
Better technical support
Best warranty cover
24/7 after sales services
Best service centre
ENSURES
Full safety of highly sophisticated equipment
100% pure, reliable and regulated power
Low running cost
Extended power back up time
Easy maintenance
No humming noise from any load.
Great power saving
APPLICATIONS
Electrical Backup system
Data/Call centers
Telecommunication
POS systems/air-conditioners
Critical Work Stations
Security systems/air-conditioner
Medical/Laboratory Equipments
Office/Home Applications
Solar powered street/security Light

Description and Company Instruction and Services

Micro-speed Technology & Power Solution (MTPS) has been engage in supply and installation of telecommunication for radio, broadcasting and the television industries.
The wealth of experience acquired in these field of installation engineering, enable the (MTPS) to venture into installation of telecommunication infrastructure for Global System of Mobile communication (GSM) operators….
(MTPS) has constructed so many radio sites and inverter installation to internationally accepted quality standard. Micro-speed technology &power solution engineer are trained by ABB power line limited, and the Swedish telecommunication giant, ERICSON.
We are also trained technicians for cooperate organization and individual who requires the following services:

* BTS/RBS Installation and Integration
* Climbing and Rope Access
* Electrical Generator Installation/Commissioning
* Inverter Installation/Repairs
* GSM Shelter Fabrication and Installation
* Integration of Alarm Security System, Such As [CCTV, Smoke, Movement, and Sensor Detector]
* Computer Hardware &Software Engineering.
*PABS Installation (Data /Voice Connectivity)
* Network Infrastructure Solution
* VSAT Installation Engineering [Wired & Wireless Solution]
* Sales of Heavy Duty Batteries, Lead Acid Type 120AH, 150AH, 200AH, 12Volt.
Our experience has thought us the importance of establishing a practical functional quality system, which cover all stages from tendering through actual Execution of Contract to final Delivery Commissioning
MTPS has its registration office at No 51/52 Ijaiye Road, Ogba, Lagos.[Nosah Hall the Plaza Beside UBA Bank]

Contact Details: 08104036736.

Email:emurode2005@gmail.com
BBPin:21D1C3A6

Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by shevy45(m): 3:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
No Oh, Na Micro-Speed Technology Tell Us say Make We Know Mind Federal Government Oh, Say Na So Dem Dey Talk Since The Era Of Democracy.
Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by frainc(m): 4:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
alotofgrace:

bros u first go uniben?
no bi uniben
Why do u ask?
Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by abdulwastecx(m): 6:21pm On Jul 26, 2014
niceeric:
Quit d Economics mumbo jumbo MR,we all know those are all theory and won't manifest on their own.

Multiplier effect, job creation, pressure on d naira against other foreign currencies won't mean a thing if d FG don't put things in order in d country first before making these giant strides....Aren't Indians job creators here in NigeriaHow come they make their employees slaves ryt in their fatherland and do so with impunity cos d do called working FG gets windfalls in form of bribes from them....so is dat job creation??.....if d cars are not affordable by d populace then we should all be able to say ' to hell with their assembly plants and GEJ pls don't increase import duty on our tokunbo cars cos we are happy with them'....
cos volkswagen won't av meant people's car if it wasn't made affordable by d people....

And how would d Naira be allowed to 'grow' against other currencies if d cars don't get exported.....i'll rule out. exports outside Africa cos who would want an expensive made in Nigeria Toyota camry in the United States??....so we're left with export to African countries so dat brings me back to d pricing....if Nigerians won't be able to afford a made in Nigeria car, would it then be affordable to a Kenyan?...or a Sierra Leonean or even a Benenois who has better alternative of buying vehicles at cheaper prices ryt at his own country's port??

Koko is dat, if d cars won't be affordable just like Dstv,all network providers, services arent affordable by d common Nigerian cos d same FG demands a whole lot in terms of cash/bribes from then and if d plants would also turn Nigerians to slaves and mere contract workers as almost all establishments by foreign 'investors' do(with d FG's approval cos of monetary gains), then I and all rightly thinking Nigerians can say hell with the factories and wish and pray your GEJ gets wise and leave d import duty on tokunbo vehicles as it is and not compound our already enormous problems.

learn first before commenting. since 2012 Kenya govt increase the tariff on imported vehicle to encourage the local car industry, this force many multi nation car brand from south korea, china and japan to set assembly plant in kenya.

u cannot developed ur manufacturing industries by turning your country into a dumping ground for developed countries waste ( called "Tokunbo"wink. the automobile bill is the best and we need to extend thesame to other goods like the Chinese furniture and electronics, etc. Me must learn how to produce our own product ( especially consumer goods) rather than importing sub standard goods from China ( a message to ibo importers)
Re: Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants by niceeric(m): 7:40pm On Jul 26, 2014
abdulwastecx:

learn first before commenting. since 2012 Kenya govt increase the tariff on imported vehicle to encourage the local car industry, this force many multi nation car brand from south korea, china and japan to set assembly plant in kenya.

u cannot developed ur manufacturing industries by turning your country into a dumping ground for developed countries waste ( called "Tokunbo"wink. the automobile bill is the best and we need to extend thesame to other goods like the Chinese furniture and electronics, etc. Me must learn how to produce our own product ( especially consumer goods) rather than importing sub standard goods from China ( a message to ibo importers)
I need to learn? ure funny I must say.....and who says we are ready for an automobile industry?.....a country without power,a country with enormous security problems?....u mean investors would risk their lives? and with d aforementioned problems amongst others u expect local manufacturing to thrive?...ask Dunlop and d others you'll see all u wrote about Is a pipe dream

we're better off a dumping ground ryt now than forcing local manufacture of cars dat would be available only for d rich mr man

infact I tire for ur case...go and do d learning and stop being ignorant,dis is real life and not a textbook scenario, we're not ready fullstop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2017 Jaguar Xf Premium: A Joy To Behold / Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? / Typoon Jebi In Japan: Heavy Winds Upturning Cars (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.