Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Sunday School Question....pls Help Answer This. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sunday School Question....pls Help Answer This. (747 Views)

6 Reasons Sunday School Is Important In Your Christian Life / Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) / Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunday School Question....pls Help Answer This. by Odward(m): 9:02am On Jul 21, 2014
During sunday school yesterday,we talked about RAPTURE 2,which really brought about a question which till now i don't understand or definitely not satisfied with the ansers......During the time of moses and the likes before the coming of Jesus those that didn't die in christ or never knew jesus what will happen to them,because the bible said 'The world would not come to an end except everyone hears of the Gospel and a passage in the bible says also that once the trumpet is blown those that are dead in christ would rise from the dead before the saints then after this Judgement so the question is...Are there no sinners in hell fire,before the coming of jesus those that didn't hear of the gospel,what would happen to them?
Re: Sunday School Question....pls Help Answer This. by elomepee: 11:02am On Jul 21, 2014
We treated this in one of our digging deep. The reply was, those at that time who didn't hear the word but lived a goodly life will not go to hell. I will ask again and get back to you with scriptures.
Re: Sunday School Question....pls Help Answer This. by stormybucci(m): 11:04am On Jul 21, 2014
am nt a devoted christian.... so no teaching 2 give 2 u
Re: Sunday School Question....pls Help Answer This. by PastorOluT(m): 11:18am On Jul 21, 2014
According to the scriptures there are different dispensations n men are saved accordingly. Before the law there was no sin n it wasn't put into account for the bible says 'where there was no law there was no sin'. But when the law came sin came into existence, so for anyone to be saved during the era of the law he must live by the law, for the bible says 'those that are under the law must live by the law'.

But in the dispensation of grace when Jesus came salvation was by accepting the sacrifice of Jesus alone n walking according to the new life of the spirit.

Now this might not be encompassing enough, the bible says if the Gentiles that have not the law do the right thing according to the law they are accepted for that is a law to them. So those that lived before Christ had conscience to lead them at that time, n are expected to walk accordingly. Bt God also went further 'cos when Christ died He went down to Hell to preach the gospel to those in the prison that never had the chance. So nobody will be with excuse never having opportunity to hear the gospel to get saved.

Scriptural references;

Romans chapter 2-5

1Peter3 among many others.

Stay blessed n remain rapturable
Re: Sunday School Question....pls Help Answer This. by Odward(m): 11:59am On Jul 21, 2014
PastorOluT: According to the scriptures there are different dispensations n men are saved accordingly. Before the law there was no sin n it wasn't put into account for the bible says 'where there was no law there was no sin'. But when the law came sin came into existence, so for anyone to be saved during the era of the law he must live by the law, for the bible says 'those that are under the law must live by the law'.

But in the dispensation of grace when Jesus came salvation was by accepting the sacrifice of Jesus alone n walking according to the new life of the spirit.

Now this might not be encompassing enough, the bible says if the Gentiles that have not the law do the right thing according to the law they are accepted for that is a law to them. So those that lived before Christ had conscience to lead them at that time, n are expected to walk accordingly. Bt God also went further 'cos when Christ died He went down to Hell to preach the gospel to those in the prison that never had the chance. So nobody will be with excuse never having opportunity to hear the gospel to get saved.

Scriptural references;

Romans chapter 2-5

1Peter3 among many others.

Stay blessed n remain rapturable
so now sir what you mean is those that died before christ would be judge according to their works and not how we would all be judge?
Re: Sunday School Question....pls Help Answer This. by Odward(m): 12:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
elomepee: We treated this in one of our digging deep. The reply was, those at that time who didn't hear the word but lived a goodly life will not go to hell. I will ask again and get back to you with scriptures.
am really confused ooo,i think i would get more christian books and read more on this topic..anyway thanks bro.
Re: Sunday School Question....pls Help Answer This. by Odward(m): 12:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
stormybucci: am nt a devoted christian.... so no teaching 2 give 2 u
I don't need ur teaching cos i don't really deserve ur horrible and corrupted teachings.
Re: Sunday School Question....pls Help Answer This. by stormybucci(m): 1:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
Odward: I don't need ur teaching cos i don't really deserve ur horrible and corrupted teachings.
scrapp!!!! kettle calling pot black anyway jst cont ur holybad way in disguise
Re: Sunday School Question....pls Help Answer This. by PastorOluT(m): 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
Odward: so now sir what you mean is those that died before christ would be judge according to their works and not how we would all be judge?

Yes n No, bt did u read d scriptures I provided in light of my explanation?

Yes they are judged according to their dispensations, bt Christ also went to preach to all dead before He came so everyone would have a chance to the gospel. Though its more complicated bt as far as d scriptures revealed bt won't want to go into revelations not to confuse u. Just read more books on rapture in d light of the scripture for all things must align to the scripture.
Re: Sunday School Question....pls Help Answer This. by malvisguy212: 8:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
[quote author=Odward]During sunday school yesterday,we talked about RAPTURE 2,which really brought about a question which till now i don't understand or definitely not satisfied with the ansers......During the time of moses and the likes before the coming of Jesus those that didn't die in christ or never knew jesus what will happen to them,because the bible said 'The world would not come to an end except everyone hears of the Gospel and a passage in the bible says also that once the trumpet is blown those that are dead in christ would rise from the dead before the saints then after this Judgement so the question is...Are there no sinners in hell fire,before the coming of jesus those that didn't hear of the gospel,what would happen to them?[/quote Gen 18:25 says, “Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?” God never judges righteous people in the same way that He judges the wicked. It is clear throughout the ages, that many people, prior to Christ birth, lived good lives. The question is: How did they live such good lives without Christ saving them? The answer: they could not without salvation. So how could Christ save people before His coming to die on the Cross? Here is the answer: First of all, Christ birth was not the time that Christ existed. He has always existed, because He is God the Son; He just did not have a flesh and blood body prior to His birth. However, He is the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world (Rev 13:cool. So before His birth, God credited Christ death as an “I owe you.” Just like you write down I owe you to someone, you promise that one day you will pay it. The same is true of God. Before Christ came to the earth, God promised all people that one day He will pay for their debt, and so he counted their debts paid even before Christ died. So how did He save them without the Holy Spirit regenerating them? Remember, Christ is the wisdom of God (1 Cor 1:24), and His wisdom has been available from the beginning of creation. By wisdom the LORD laid the earth's foundations (Prov 3:19). Jesus is the one who laid the earth’s foundations. Through him all things were made (John 1:3). Jesus, prior to His birth, existed in the form of the wisdom of God. When someone “found Jesus” they found “wisdom.” This wisdom enabled people to live righteous lives, just as the Holy Spirit gives us this ability. People’s noble lives proved that they had touched Christ in some way, or should I say, Christ touched them in some way.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

More Trouble For Pastor Chris As U.K. Commission Probes Christ Embassy / Revealing: See What Ebola Is Now Causing In some Churches / Sperm Donating, Is It a Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.