Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,698 members, 7,809,642 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? (15840 Views)

Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard / 6 Reasons Sunday School Is Important In Your Christian Life / What Is The Sunday School Topic For Your Church Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 1:00pm On Mar 17, 2013
Of What Importance R Sunday School Lessons & What Do U Gain To Share Wth Others?

I open this thread for people of God to share with others, lessons they have gained from Sunday School classes in their Churches.

You know this is an opportunity to contribute to the work of the Father in heaven i.e learn from the word of God and share with others, what will train people to serve God properly and relate with others perfectly in a way to fulfil God‘s most important laws: those two laws. Loving God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength; and others as you love yourself.

As we are trained the most important treasure on earth is having enough words of God cos it by this a person can be greater than the greatest in any field of knowledge and stronger than the strongest in any contest.

Share useful knowledge that will address the needs of someone.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 4:50pm On Mar 28, 2013
Last Sunday I was away from my base for official assignment. I did not know that the work will extend over the weekend that I might have taken my Bible and the daily guide to the scriptures along but all the same I tried to manage on my phone for the words of God. This alternative can only be endured but not that sustainable. As I have made a decision within me that no matter the circumstance I find myself I must be available for knowledge of God, therefore by 8:am last Sunday I had dressed up and prepared to enter any Church nearby for the Sunday School.

By 9:am I entered into a nearby Church, and it was exactly the time for Sunday School just immediately after the first prayer session. I was warmly ushered in to a seat and provided with a Bible. The church was a small one that means that there wasn‘t many classes. There were two classes, one for the male, men and the youths combined, and the second Sunday School class was for the female. My class was taught by the young pastor who has just been posted to the Church.

The lesson was on Holy Communion. The teacher explained the meaning, he talked about how it started and for what purpose it was instituted by Jesus. We learnt about how often to serve it in the Church and what kind of person should qualify to take it. There I understood that all Christians should be taking it regularly if truly they are worth what Jesus expected of them.

The scriptures used for the lesson are taken from Luke 22:14-30 and 1Corinthians 10:16-17 and 1 Corinthians 11: 24-25.

Next Sunday you are expected to share your Sunday School lesson with others.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 6:04am On Mar 31, 2013
Today somebody wants to benefit from what you gain from Sunday School lesson. Contribute useful messages from the throne of mercy of Christ to redemption and salvation of souls that are perishing just as we currently celebrate His life and death. May God bless you as you do so.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 9:56am On Mar 31, 2013
Praise the Lord. Today‘s lesson is on Death and Resurrection of Jesus which sustains Christians‘ victory over the devil and hope of everlasting life.

The death and resurrection of Jesus gives us the victory we need over sin and the devil that makes man to fall to sin. Jesus was fully obedient to God, it was through him the will of father in heaven was perfectly done. He did what prophets or messengers sent by God to minister to people could not do, and that was complete obedience to the command of God. He obeyed God and did His work diligently rather than obeying the disobedient servants, the priest and the scribes who were questioning His authority as the Messiah that God had sent. Despite all the hindrance posed by people who would not want the will of father to be done, Jesus would always reply them that the will of the father in heaven should be done. He was the only one in whom there was no fault.

What made Christianity is the resurrected savior, it is what makes victory available for the children of God. The Bible makes us to understand that death came over to all men as a result of disobedience of the fisrt man - Adam. But as a result of obedience of Christ in His atoning sacrifice and death man shall regain life.This time around we refrence the spiritual life over physical and spiritual death. The victory bought by the precious blood of Christ will work for only people that are in Him. The Bible accounts that children of God will one day swallow up death in victory. And to this 1 Corinthians 15:55 says O death, where is thy sting? O grave where is thy victory? People that will have confidence to say this are those sharing in Christ‘s victory. People who shall have put off the corruptible and put on incorruption are the people to be risen for immortality and glorified with Christ to everlasting.

As the Bible describe this “ if man be in Christ He is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things become new“. To be in Christ is to put on his image and live by His example in thought, action and love to others. If truly a person is in Christ he will be successful in everything as He was successful and when he shall die he shall be victorious over death as Jesus and get the joy of everlasting life. Christ stated this while on earth that He brought eternal life and He brings it more abundantly - John 10:10. Halleluyah.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 7:46am On Apr 07, 2013
Today is another Sunday you are expected to Share what you learnt from Sunday School lesson.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 7:58pm On Apr 07, 2013
Today lesson teaches us to practise whole life stewardship. A steward is a person that is employed to be in charge of someone else property of which he is expected to be fully responsible for everything he does or that might happen with it. Likewise we are stewards on this earth to manage everything God created and to be prepared at all times to give account of what we do with what we are in charge. We learnt that we shall give accounts of our lives and how we manage the resources God blessed us with.

Talking about ourselves means what we do with our body, and talking about resources means everything that makes us relevant in what we are able to deliver as human beings.

Concerning our body, everyone should realize that his body is not for fun or to be regarded to as ordinary entity. God attached very much importance to our body and He wants us to use it for a purpose of honoring and to glorify Him. God moulded the body and breathed into it hence the body is comprised of: the body, the soul and the spirit- and it is by the spirit God wants us to relate perfectly to Him. All these attributes of our lives are important to God therefore we should not provoke Him with what we do with our body, soul and spirit. According to the Bible our body is the temple of God, a place where His Spirit lives, meaning we should not give it to sins such as fornication, adultery, eating and drinking in excess, and all forms of immoral behaviours .

As Stewards, what do we do with our resources? Resources means everything we have to manage our lives. These are our time, talent and ability which make our nature. God gives us the grace to be in charge of these resources and harness them to produce what we need to bless our souls. Time is too short, do not play with it. Talent is a free gift from God, identify that area of blessing in you and act on it to be productive and always do what you do best to God‘s glory. Ability can be developed if you turn right attitude towards opportunities. God give grace to everyone but attitude makes difference. On this premise Christians must know that they are expected to be faithful to God with these resources. How? God gives grace to you and I to have all these, He demonstrates His attributes of giving, likewise He expects what we will give back to His praise, not only this, He is trying us on whether or not we are blessings to others.
Lesson texts: 1 Corinthians 6:12-20; Ephesians:5:15-17; 1 Timothy 6:17-19 Matthew 25:14-26.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 10:39am On Apr 14, 2013
Today you are expected to share with others Sunday School knowledge gained.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Chemical2(m): 11:45am On Apr 14, 2013
Nothing. Reason? I no go church undecided
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by beejay4all(m): 11:48am On Apr 14, 2013
Topicof 2day is Amos the prohect of GoD. Refs;Amos 3 vs 1-15,5vs 1-27. Note Amos warnes isreal not goes 2 sin.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by omiobo: 11:53am On Apr 14, 2013
In my church,the sunday school lesson was titled home church. Home church is known as house fellowship. House fellowship helps church members to know one another and look after the warefare of one another. It serves as a platform where disputes among members are settled. Where knowledge of the words of God can be best shared. Some of the benefits of house fellowship are healing the sick,sharing love,settling dispute,helping the needy and so on.

2 Likes

Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by rezzy: 12:01pm On Apr 14, 2013
Our topic for today's sunday school is THE HOME CHURCH.
What i gained is that everyone must endeavour/try to attend house fellowship closer to them. Because there is no way the pastor of your church can know whether you didnt attend service or not. But if you belong to a particular house fellowship, your leader will be responsible to you and also, you may not be able to share your burden with the whole congregation to pray with you but you can do that in the home church where pple are not much.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by jmoore(m): 12:05pm On Apr 14, 2013
That our body is the lord's temple. We should not defile it by fornication/adultery.
The main reason for a Christian to keep his or her virginity till marriage or remain chaste is to keep the body pure and holy. It is not to be seen as a gift to the husband to be or wife to be.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by chukwuinya: 1:20pm On Apr 14, 2013
In my local church,sunday school topic was God of Impossibility,text frm Gen 18:11-14,if Abraham and Sarah could be with a child after waiting for 25 yrs of promise frm God then i can be with a job 2 yrs after nysc,my God is able
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by AMossley(m): 1:20pm On Apr 14, 2013
Hebrew 11:25.The pleasures derivable from sin are just for a season.No worldly thing last forever.When solomon acquired everything acquirable to him,he said everything is vanity.It's only the salvation of our soul that should be of paramount importance to us because it's the only ticket or pass through which we can enter heaven not the number of cars,houses,girls/boys one has slept with,certificates,fame nor money.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 1:23pm On Apr 14, 2013
Chemical2: Nothing. Reason? I no go church undecided

My Brother there are much to gain from Sunday School lessons. If you have not been attending the class before, this is an eye opener to adjust now for it is not too late. If you have not been going to Church, please derive the joy in serving God cos this is purpose which you were created.

1 Like

Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Princewell2012(m): 1:31pm On Apr 14, 2013
I cound'nt make it to church today, but our last week sunday school topic is holy communion. Who is qualify to take it and who is not qualify. And we also leant about the important of holy communion and why is necessary for believers to receive it always. The blood of Jesus can heal all manner of sickness and all kind ailments, if you have faith in it. It can deliver you from all type of bondages, courses and covenants made against you. To receive it always also symbolize unity and love and more so it is a commandment from the Lord, that we must practice always if we are truly a faith full Christian. we do not give it to children, you must be of an age before you can partake in it, at least you must know what is good and what is bad, b4 u can be legible to it. There are lots of quotations on that but time will not permit me now, there is a brother sitting beside me he refuse to partake of it, when it was been share, i believe only him knows the reason why he refuse it, although the bible warned that nobody should take it unworthyly, meaning if you have any grudges against anyone or any secret sin you are not suppose to receive it, otherwise it may obscure problem or even death to ur self. So those are some of the things i learnt from last week sunday school. Peace
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by ExcelDec(m): 2:31pm On Apr 14, 2013
Rexyl: Today is another Sunday you are expected to Share what you learnt from Sunday School lesson.

Are yu a Fisherman Christian or a Fisher of men Christian. . ??
A Fisherman Christian praises God cos of wat he can get from him.
A Fisherman Christian goes to church cos its vogue n fashionable cos d majority re goin. . .
A Fisher of Men Christian worships God cos He deserves to be worshiped n glorified.
A Fisher of Men Christian serves God in truth n spirit cos he cannot afford to loose d connection of God wic is strength n salvation.
Choose you today whom you shal serve . . .
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 2:44pm On Apr 14, 2013
Today‘s lesson is about fellowship with God. we are made to realise that our fellowship with God can not be complete or possible without fellowship with Jesus and fellow believers. why? It was Jesus that has come to give a clear picture of God the father. He was the only one that came from the father in the heaven and related physically with people in all the ways people could feel God‘s presence in human sensations. He related with all categories of people and fed them with both physical and spiritual food. The spiritual nourishment He provided is also known to us as the bread of life and whoever shall eat from it will be loaded with grace to relate properly with others in all good manners that will equally make it possible to develop fellowship with God.

People who shall behave this way must be walking in the light which is the word of God made available to sustain us. Psalm puts says: ‘your word is the lamp to my feet and the light to my path‘. The light is equally an expression of Holiness of God and needs for us to always seek His righteousness and abide by it. Also, God as light and without darkness wants us to realise that if we truly fellowship with Him we will do away with darkness. Darkness is any sinful act. It can not be possible for people that want to enjoy God fully to continue in sin, the Bible says we can not continue in sin and expect the grace of God to abound. If we are godly definitely our relationship with God will grow and flourish.

What makes our relationship with God to be filled with smooth experiences is yoke of sins that is removed from us and as we are being continually cleansed from sins by the blood of Jesus. Anybody that wants to enjoy this must have.accepted Jesus Christ as his saviour because it was His blood that paid the price of forgiveness of sins and cleansing from unrighteousness.

Walking with God will not indicate that we are totally free from temptations but we must be guarding ourselves against those things that can make us slip and fall. Likewise we must not play with sins and we must depend on God for the success of fellowship with Him. Lesson text: 1 John 1
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by 4reigningqueen: 2:46pm On Apr 14, 2013
simple and straight

Topic-God's Pattern Of A Successful Mariage.

'God created women for men because men NEED them'

'A man needs to make a woman secured by letting her know she is needed'

Delivered by my teacher and mentor- Pastor Tunde Bakare.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by faboben10: 2:55pm On Apr 14, 2013
Topic: Do not 4get God after ur wants & needs av bn satisfied.
This topic refers to tithes and offerings that God commanded us
to bring for meat to be abundant in d house of God.
Most of us do 4get God, d only 1 dat has power to bless. We r expected to come wt 1/10th our income to d house of God.(malachai 3:8-12)
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 14, 2013
You cant miss it serving others! Thats the way God designed our world to run!
Provide service in an exceptional.
The proof of God's presence is your exceptional service. Your solution shows if God is involved.
Provide a unique service no one else can. No one can build barricades strong enough to hold if you provide exceptional service.
Joseph served, is sensitive and genuinely cares about people he works with!
You will never grow in life until you are committed to helping, loving and caring for others!
Your opportunity to greatness is right beside you!
Find someone to love and care for
If you are looking for breakthrough, but service is not part of your calculation, you will breakdown!
Matt 10:43. When you serve you gain influence nd recognition. Until we get up and provide solution for the community, we will remain inconsequential!
Service is the seed, promotion is the harvest.
You have to service minded.
2 Kings 10: 6-8.
Anyone who counsels you not to provide service but oppress is organizing your demotion!
Service is the portal to greatness!
Desire to add value to peoples lives. Let that be your aim.
You have succeded until you help others succeded!
Find where you're gifted and commit yourself to it, make it your passion, your crusade in life!

By Pastor Sam Adeyemi. Daystar
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by MumyGO(f): 4:58pm On Apr 14, 2013
omiobo: In my church,the sunday school lesson was titled home church. Home church is known as house fellowship. House fellowship helps church members to know one another and look after the warefare of one another. It serves as a platform where disputes among members are settled. Where knowledge of the words of God can be best shared. Some of the benefits of house fellowship are healing the sick,sharing love,settling dispute,helping the needy and so on.
. seconded,guess you are also a redeemer?
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Gospelgirl(f): 5:48pm On Apr 14, 2013
I am also a member of rccg and the topic is the HOME CHURCH. We were taught the importance of the home church which is also called house fellowship, the home is a domestic place of love, care and a place to bear one another's burden. It is a place where u help people build their confidence. It is a training ground for prospective generals of the kingdom of God
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by jookunlaja(m): 8:48pm On Apr 14, 2013
For me,the Sunday School for years has been my only source of gaining spiritual uplifting and direction.I serve by God's grace in the Children Sunday School in RCCG,hence I have no opportunity to listen to the wonderful messages of our Zonal Pastor (Pastor Fred Odekhian).
Hence,I always look forward to the Sunday School as my second source of spiritual food after the mandatory Workers' Meeting every Sunday.
Indeed,I have so many testimonies to share about God's divine encounter in the Sunday School.The most remarkable is the deliverance God gave my wife from what I will call spirit wife (common name for demons that afflict people in their marital lives and childbearing due to ungodly association with demonic practices before one became a Christian).
Part of our experiences were series of miscarriages,unexplainable financial strain,having sex in the dream to the point of releasing semen physically etc).We tried every means possible,prayers,fasting and decreeing but all were to no avail.We even went to a so-called Prophet of a Pentecostal Church reputed for miracles and wonders in Lagos who recommended that that she has to come for three days of marathon fasting,after which all the cloth she wore during the prayers would be burnt after bathing with a prayer soap and he sworn to God that that will be the end of the demonic forces hindering the fruit of the womb.However,due to my training and background,I declined to allow her go for such deliverance.
To God be the glory,not long after this,during the normal Sunday School in the church and we read a passage God spoke CLEARLY AND SOUNDLY to me that he has given us total deliverance from that oppression.I stood up and went outside the church premises to do some scambach (speaking in other tongues) and believe you me,that was the end of the affliction.
Likewise,I have got so many divine visitation of God's leading.Most times I need a definite answer to some personal issues and before you know it God will answer me before the end of the SS.Questions bogging my mind about my relation with my household or business partners have being resolved during the Sunday School time without number.
I sincerely appreciate the wisdom of God for instituting the medium of the SS.Thank you.
Yours Joe
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by omiobo: 10:24pm On Apr 14, 2013
Mumy G O: . seconded,guess you are also a redeemer?
I'm a winner,a redeemer as well but I prefer to be called a believer

2 Likes

Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by eghosaaideyan(f): 4:13am On Apr 15, 2013
we don't have to struggle cause Christ has paid it all.not by our works lest any man should boast.. u don't need deliverance all. u need is the knowledge of the.word of God
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 5:38am On Apr 15, 2013
@ jookunlaja, just like you analysed your experience with the Sunday School, my own experience is not too far from reality of special blessings offered by Sunday School lessons. Whenever I want certain thing to move in agreement with the content of the messages of grace of God, I simply Challenge God over it, and before I knew what was happening the hand of God had started doing wonders. This tells us His word is authority and our devotion to seeking, serving and applying His words makes us people of authority.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 10:02am On Apr 21, 2013
Be reminded to share today‘s lesson.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 6:06pm On Apr 21, 2013
God bless you as you are reading today‘s lesson and getting prepared to share with others messages of His grace.

Today‘s message is ‘Living as Christ‘s disciple‘. All Christians are being called to be true disciples of Christ and make our lives promote His glorious course in action, thought and relationship with others. Living as a disciple prepares a believer to walk in obediece with God. The Lord calles us unto Him and makes us know clearly that He has not called us to seek Him in vain but rather to bless us through our obedience to His call. Our obedience to Him can only be proved by sound doctrines with which we train ourselves. Sound doctrines do not condone false claims, neither do they allow hypocrisy in believers‘ service to God.

In the Church believers are categorized into three:
1 Children: These are people that might have spent years (5, 10 or more ) worshipping in the church yet they are children in faith. Their sins are forgiven and they are saved by the precious blood of Christ but could not go beyond that.
2 Young men: These are zealous and steadfast in driving the vehicle of gospel. They are fully prepared to move and spread the message of grace and salvation.
3 Men: They are people that are well groomed in sound doctrine, and of experience. They are blessings to the position and office of young men in the church.

Believer‘s obedience to God is also shown in ways we relate with our brethren: we have been called to love others cos it is doing this that makes us children of light. The word of God makes us understand that believers that hate others are living in darkness. We should love others and walk in the light rather than choosing hatred and be in darkness.

It is further revealed that a disciple should not love the world. Anyone that loves the world and the things that are in the world can not have the love of father in him. What this means is giving one‘s live to worldliness: things that are not based on heavenly consciousness, but to satisfy weaknesses of the body which can never be met as long as man would not want to retain God in his knowledge. What can make a believer overcome this is his level of determination to serve God and his spiritual passions to retain full commitment to serving God. What makes a believer fimly stand to do this in the world that is polluted with all sorts of deception of the devil is self-control that is, believer‘s strong decision to say no to temptation and sin.

What can we do to overcome the evil of worldliness? Ensure that all you are blessed with are worthwhile in the sight of God: the source is from God and use it to worship and glorify Him rather than self. Also, do not see your talent and wealth as things to boast about, but to appreciate God and help others with it.

A true disciple of Christ must always abide in him. He must be continually receiving the annointing of the spirit that will help him know the truth so that he will not be influenced by false teachings within the custody of Antichrist and doctrinal errors they spread.
Lesson text: 1John: 3-29.
Re: Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? by Rexyl(m): 6:52am On Apr 28, 2013
Be reminded to share today‘s lesson. God bless you as you do so.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2022: Don't Listen To Prophets Of Doom, Prophet Abiara Tells Nigerians / Joseph Ifeanyichukwu Ezeking In Kenyan Court For Preaching Without Permit / Happy Birthday Peace Ibiyeomie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.