Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,537 members, 7,816,309 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Chicken Processors Needed - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Chicken Processors Needed (2588 Views)

We Need Charcoal Producers/Processors or Firewood Producers / Broiler Chicken For Sale (in Abeokuta)With Pix / Enough Farrmers, Where Are The Processors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chicken Processors Needed by damidare01: 11:38am On Jul 21, 2014
Please anybody in the house that can assist in providing information about chicken processors in Nigeria, especially in Lagos. I'm currently running a poultry farm of 550 broiler birds and need the contacts of chicken processors as I plan raising them for 8 weeks.

Thanks, all inputs and suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Re: Chicken Processors Needed by damidare01: 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
please I'm still waiting on any info...

any processor based in lagos and how much do you offer to buy per kilo?

thanks
Re: Chicken Processors Needed by eazeefix: 11:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
Don't know any but this might help towards starting yours. Interested in your offal wastes when you start sha o! http://pauladoyi./2014/06/27/business-plan-for-small-scale-broiler-production/
Re: Chicken Processors Needed by damidare01: 6:01pm On Jul 22, 2014
eazeefix: Don't know any but this might help towards starting yours. Interested in your offal wastes when you start sha o! http://pauladoyi./2014/06/27/business-plan-for-small-scale-broiler-production/

Thanks for the link... I've checked it out, unfortunately it didn't provide the answer I'm looking for...

As regards the waste, I've already started, (sold out one batch already, just looking for better deals from other processors), are you in lagos? My farm is at Egbeda here in Lagos
Re: Chicken Processors Needed by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
Why not process (slaughter and dress) them your self, and then distribute to hotels, eateries and supermarkets.
Re: Chicken Processors Needed by damidare01: 12:29pm On Jul 23, 2014
agonbello: Why not process (slaughter and dress) them your self, and then distribute to hotels, eateries and supermarkets.

Thanks for the input, I should be thinking in that direction, I'm only thinking that the number of birds is huge (550) and refrigerating it would cost another fortune (buying huge freezers and the likes). Again, thanks, I'll give it a thought
Re: Chicken Processors Needed by HAYSHIRES: 11:47am On Jul 24, 2014
damidare01:

Thanks for the input, I should be thinking in that direction, I'm only thinking that the number of birds is huge (550) and refrigerating it would cost another fortune (buying huge freezers and the likes). Again, thanks, I'll give it a thought
That's the best advice anyone could have given you,I did about 600 broilers too but I sold it out to the processors at 380 per live kg in ibadan,but it was later that I discovered I made a wrong choice but right now am thinking towards processing them myself, I tell you its really worth it and its only by processing them that you can make a good profit on your investment instead of selling to the processors who will barely buy at the cost price. The only challenge you have is looking for eateries and hotels to supply, but that shouldn't be too hard considering the fact that you are in lagos unlike the stress am currently facing here in ibadan
Re: Chicken Processors Needed by damidare01: 7:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
HAYSHIRES: That's the best advice anyone could have given you,I did about 600 broilers too but I sold it out to the processors at 380 per live kg in ibadan,but it was later that I discovered I made a wrong choice but right now am thinking towards processing them myself, I tell you its really worth it and its only by processing them that you can make a good profit on your investment instead of selling to the processors who will barely buy at the cost price. The only challenge you have is looking for eateries and hotels to supply, but that shouldn't be too hard considering the fact that you are in lagos unlike the stress am currently facing here in ibadan

N380/kg? WOW!!!

The last one I sold was at the rate of N410 and I even thought it was a rip off, but at N380, I'm lost for words. I think I'll start thinking in the direction of processing them myself now, the stress will be well worth it. Thanks for the input, I appreciate.

(1) (Reply)

The Biggest Cassava Ever Harvested (pictures) / Apical Palm Oil Investment-must Read / Farming Business: Secrets Of Making Money Exposed! |Make Massive Wealth!|

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.