Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,575 members, 7,958,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:04 AM

Enough Farrmers, Where Are The Processors - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Enough Farrmers, Where Are The Processors (1004 Views)

We Need Charcoal Producers/Processors or Firewood Producers / Chicken Processors Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enough Farrmers, Where Are The Processors by jethro2: 4:30pm On Jul 11, 2014
Enough of the farming farming, farming where are the processors?
Let those that can afford venture into processing.
Visit sny rural area as we speak, there is gluts in the farm for cassava, for maize and some veggetables.
Though processing is quite expensive to start up but its more lucrative than farming.

A truck of cassavavthat use to be between N40,000 - N70,000 is at present been sold for between N15,000 - N25,000 in the hinterlands.

I think youths should consider more of processing to end products.

For instance, repackaging garri into smaller satchet and distributing in the university campus, possibly adding sugar and groundnut to the package can fetch lots more

Packaging plantain flour and supplying suprrmarkets, and chain stores

Vegetables are daily imported into our country because of the preservation methods and packaging

There are a lot of things to be explire in agribusiness. Raw material are readily available in the rural areas. Find the location that suits your purpose

Plaintain is plenty in Osun state, Cassava visit Oyo State, Rice visit Anambra and Part of Ogun State, Yam is there in Ekiti and Oyo.
Re: Enough Farrmers, Where Are The Processors by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 11, 2014
You are on point
Re: Enough Farrmers, Where Are The Processors by Mattin(m): 8:00pm On Jul 13, 2014
I have got to start work on this. I need more ideas and information guys
Re: Enough Farrmers, Where Are The Processors by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
Mattin: I have got to start work on this. I need more ideas and information guys
what exactly are you looking to start with..
Re: Enough Farrmers, Where Are The Processors by femu(m): 1:45am On Jul 14, 2014
@op nice one.
We already have too much producers and the result wont be funny....
We need egg processors and Pork processors. Egg can be processed into Powder, Pork can be canned and sold like Sardine and hotdog.
Next month i intend to start processing my Pigs in a small way.

1 Like

Re: Enough Farrmers, Where Are The Processors by boluwajokosegun: 10:46am On Jul 14, 2014
The future of agriculture is in processing : Vegetable scan also be process into dry form same to fruits infact every agric producet can be process into a longer life span. When you process you make more cash, it is not a cheap process but it worth it. Cooperatives can set up a processing plant infact there are mobile processing plant that i know of in the country ; one in the south south and another in the west . They drive their processing truck to the farm ,buy cassava & process on the farm.
Re: Enough Farrmers, Where Are The Processors by Mattin(m): 7:17am On Aug 21, 2014
doctorisa: what exactly are you looking to start with..
plantain floor production

(1) (Reply)

For Construction Of New Technology Flow Through And Recirculatory Fish Pond / We Need A Land In Ogun State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / Cassava Flour/tapioca Starch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.