Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,933 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:00 PM

2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again (1552 Views)

Live: Mbaka Blaming Jonathan Again / We Will Vote Jonathan Despite Our Regrets In Voting Him In 2011 – Middle Belt / Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by idumuose(m): 2:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
Now that the controversy over whether President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is serving his first or second term has been clinically resolved, I need to adduce cogent reasons why I strongly think that Nigerians should, again, vote him—the person we know full well and can trust— instead of experimenting with presidential candidacies at this critical juncture in our national life.

After this time round, we would then systematically evolve and nurture novel candidatures. It is noteworthy and significant to observe that this is the first time I will devote any of my multimedia columns in the past four years or thereabouts to my namesake. It shows how serious I take next year’s presidential election.

Let us start with the abduction of Chibok schoolgirls which took place on April 14, 2014. There are misconceptions with regard to President Jonathan’s management of the incident. Some Nigerians erroneously believe that his response was tepid and timid. On the heels of this emotive perception of the crisis was its understandable politicization by the All Progressives Congress (APC) and some northerners who accused President Jonathan of aloofness amid other nondescript allusions to extraneous matters. None of these critics in their tragic oppositional misadventure ever remembered, first and foremost, that the president is a father and should equally feel the pains of these girls’ parents. The point that must also be underscored is that our president should be most embarrassed by this scandalous incident more than any other Nigerian. So, issuing from this address, nobody should make a campaign gain or electoral profit of the unprecedented kidnap tragedy. I do not need anyone to tell me that the president is more bothered over this unfortunate matter more than any other Nigerian, excluding, perhaps, the girls’ traumatized parents. It must be stressed that the situation does not call for equivocation, parochialism, disbelief or rabid opportunism.

I have also read in the hypercritical section of the media that President Jonathan ‘outsourced’ the country by allowing international intervention in the rescue efforts for the freedom of these girls. I again do not understand the hoopla over this. Is Nigeria the first country to seek supranational assistance in combating its domestic crisis as thrown up by Boko Haram? Has Nigeria not been participating in peacekeeping and enforcement in other countries? Commentators should put issues in proper perspectives so as not to muddle up contingencies. In the circumstance we are, we cannot pretend to have the capacity when the contrary is the case. If over the years we have not been able to handle the menace, there is no losing face if we do a volte face now, as it were. Ultimately, what matters and of paramount importance is the liberation of these girls. Any other thing, for now, is secondary.

Arising from the Chibok deviancy, some people have suggested that the federal government should negotiate with the Boko Haram terrorists and possibly enter into a swap bargain with the insurgency leadership. I do not support this descent to anarchy. There should be other strategic approaches to the resolution of this affront. Why should we exchange our girls with terrorists? Why should we surrender to insurgents, bandits and criminals? Are we in a banana republic? We cannot embolden existing and potential bands of anarchists by cringing to the men from hell.

The disruptions and dislocations interjected by terrorism notwithstanding, the transformation agenda of President Jonathan still remains on course with unprecedented dynamics in various sectors of the economy. The unfolding results and potentiality of benefits may not be manifest immediately, but I have the conviction that in the years to come Nigerians and even the international community will acknowledge present commitments of this administration. There is no doubt that there are still developmental gullies to be filled. The consolation should be that these challenges did not emanate today and so cannot be sorted out in one fell swoop. Once more, the process may appear sluggish or bereft of evidential trajectories of possibilities for the betterment of the society, but with citizenship endurance and patience, we shall overcome and reap today’s commitments and investments tomorrow. I have the belief that the President Jonathan’s ongoing transformation programme will impact on the country immeasurably shortly, long before he leaves office, predictably, in 2019.

In specific terms—why I believe that President Jonathan deserves another term in office—he used former delectable and ravishing Aviation Minister, Princess Stella Oduah, to revolutionize most of our airports such that they can fairly compete with some of the best airports in the world by virtue of structural and infrastructural renewal. Of course, everyone knows that before now our airports were like roadside mechanic workshops! If you are a regular traveller over the past couple of years you will appreciate the superlative changes. Beyond the commendable physicality of the airports, safety has drastically improved in compliance with International Civil Aviation Organisation’s prescriptions, which Nigeria hitherto routinely infracted amid avoidable plane-crash ghastliness and fatalities.

Unemployment had been almost an insurmountable problem decades before the Jonathan presidency. Right now, we may not be there yet, but there is a pooling of resources to mitigate the drawback. The resolution so far may not be commensurate with the stark statistical realities, but the currency of laudatory efforts towards attaining an acceptable profile is quite gratifying. Unemployment is not peculiar to Nigeria. It is indeed a global social problem that nations strive to reduce as much as possible—no economy has ever recorded 100 per cent employment record.

There is also the motor-park consensus that our countrymen are poor while Nigeria is rich especially since the revaluation of our GDP that catapulted us to the uppermost echelon of African economic leadership. Most Nigerians cannot reconcile the disparity between our rise on the global economic ladder and the poverty afflicting a majority of our people. Again, with ongoing concerted efforts, it is just a question of time before the harvest begins to cascade. A little more perseverance and we would be in an el dorado of paradisal satiety. If no other government officials make me confident about this era, the Presidency, Ministers of Agriculture, Finance, Health, and Information give me hope and reassurance of unlimited opportunities and possibilities. Despondency has been replaced with verifiable optimism. It is apposite to mention that no matter what is achieved, there would always be pessimists who belong to the utopian world of make-believe!

As we begin to count down to 2015, some critics declare vehemently that President Jonathan does not have the competencies and capacities to drive this nation! I ask such disbelievers if it was by a stroke of luck that the man occupied all the offices he has imprinted and still does. I do not subscribe to the wild assumption that some of the rulers/presidents who have had the privilege of presiding over this nation of continental leadership may not be qualified by all stretches of imagination! That cannot be true! My position on this unapologetically applies to President Jonathan, too, who is silently making credible differences on almost all fronts without being effusive, militaristic or propagandist which are governance standards, especially in most states of South-west, South-south and South-east!

If gentlemanliness—not cowardice— due diligence, accountability, honesty, humility, electoral integrity, discipline, articulation, leadership respect for social contract with the people and other constitutional obligations, transparency and subscription to democratic ethos—all of which President Jonathan calmly symbolizes—are unacceptable virtues in today’s Nigeria with all its erosion of values, let history be the judge of President Jonathan.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=72805

6 Likes

Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by idumuose(m): 2:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
Instead of voting coup plotters,drug barons,thieves,islamic jihadists,Liars,gas pipe vandals,etal, Jonathan should be voted for a second term.A dead jonathan is better than 50 Tinubus and 40 atikus combined.

8 Likes

Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by Firefire(m): 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
I reserve my comment for now...

Until me and my team perform our evaluation of this current administration.
Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by idumuose(m): 2:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
In specific terms—why I believe that President Jonathan deserves another term in office—he used former delectable and ravishing Aviation Minister, Princess Stella Oduah, to revolutionize most of our airports such that they can fairly compete with some of the best airports in the world by virtue of structural and infrastructural renewal.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by Arosa(m): 2:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
I support GEJ for 2015 unless fashola is campaigning for president, then I will reluctantly support ACN. embarassed undecided

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by idumuose(m): 2:38pm On Jul 21, 2014
Arosa: I support GEJ for 2015 unless fashola is campaigning for president, then I will reluctantly support ACN. embarassed undecided
And you think the born-to-rule members of APC would allow that? i smile in fulfulde

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by egift(m): 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2014

"Stealing a couple of Trillions of Naira is ordinary, it is not corruption"

Jonathan has tried and failed. He will be voted out. We will not keep rewarding failure and expect improved results. Re-electing Jonathan is to solidify the most corrupt administration in the history of Nigeria.

Anyone, anything - but Jonathan. God will help Nigerians to regain freedom from the claws of Jonathan and the members of his Coven.

6 Likes

Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by benzion72(m): 2:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
I cant stand PDP for one day extra, ask me why?

1. Each time I fired my generator I am bitter with PDP
2. Each time a traveled on our high way which is federally owned filled with pot hole I am bitter
3. Each time I looked at our graduates seeing them struggle without job and pensioners feeding them and dying quing up to collect even the stipend I hate PDP.
4. Each time i hear that ASUU agreement is just paper that nothing has changed i weep for this country
5. Each time i see subsidy rubber walking free it baffles me
6. Each time i see soldier being missuses and they saying it is order from above

And PDP does not have a solution in 14 i feel PDP/Jona must go

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by Arosa(m): 3:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
idumuose:
And you think the born-to-rule members of APC would allow that? i smile in fulfulde
I know it's a long shot. That is my way of saying I support GEJ 100%.
Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by idumuose(m): 3:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
Arosa:
I know it's a long shot. That is my way of saying I support GEJ 100%.
i got your point sir

1 Like

Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by bloodyassassin: 3:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
egift: "Stealing a couple of Trillions of Naira is ordinary, it is not corruption"

Jonathan has tried and failed. He will be voted out. We will not keep rewarding failure and expect improved results. Re-electing Jonathan is to solidify the most corrupt administration in the history of Nigeria.

Anyone, anything - but Jonathan. God will help Nigerians to regain freedom from the claws of Jonathan and the members of his Coven.
sharap boy

1 Like

Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by bloodyassassin: 3:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
benzion72: I cant stand PDP for one day extra, ask me why?

1. Each time I fired my generator I am bitter with PDP
2. Each time a traveled on our high way which is federally owned filled with pot hole I am bitter
3. Each time I looked at our graduates seeing them struggle without job and pensioners feeding them and dying quing up to collect even the stipend I hate PDP.
4. Each time i hear that ASUU agreement is just paper that nothing has changed i weep for this country
5. Each time i see subsidy rubber walking free it baffles me
6. Each time i see soldier being missuses and they saying it is order from above

And PDP does not have a solution in 14 i feel PDP/Jona must go

the in everything just

GO and DIE
Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by feedthenation(m): 3:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
Thanks to those citizens who voted for GEJ and not PDP, now the veil has been removed.

After almost 15 years of PDP in government, what solid development has taken place across the country - little or next to nothing.

The question I keeping asking is, what did GEJ achieved when he was the deputy and governor respectively of balyesa state (the smallest state in Nigeria) - little or next to nothing and how do we expect him to transform the whole of Nigeria.

It's rather unfortunate that GEJ will be voted for yet again in 2015, as there's no credible grassroot opposition in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by anago9010(m): 3:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
the ops need brain chemiron, this laverick speech wins over only dolts. the only thing we gonna do by 2015 is to vote the clueless and shoeless one back to the backwaters of otueke or the four walls of a dingy cell in kirikiri penitentiary.
Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by idumuose(m): 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
i will open a weeping thread for you on feb 14 2015,that is if you are not dea.d by then.grin grin
anago9010: the ops need brain chemiron, this laverick speech wins over only dolts. the only thing we gonna do by 2015 is to vote the clueless and shoeless one back to the backwaters of otueke or the four walls of a dingy cell in kirikiri penitentiary.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by anago9010(m): 3:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
idumuose: i will open a weeping thread for you on feb 14 2015,that is if you are not dea.d by then.grin grin

another rubbish spewed by our in-house dumbbell. scamp off my mentions before I e- exterminate you.
Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by idumuose(m): 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
This babalawo,i hope you will be alive to witness the inauguration of Jonathan for a second term as president? i doubt it. Oku igbe
anago9010:

another rubbish spewed by our in-house dumbbell. scamp off my mentions before I e- exterminate you.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by benzion72(m): 4:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
bloodyassassin:

the in everything just

GO and DIE

No wonder you belong to the nest of killers
Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by bloodyassassin: 4:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
benzion72:

No wonder you belong to the nest of killers

yes killing is my culture
Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by anago9010(m): 4:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
idumuose: This babalawo,i hope you will be alive to witness the inauguration of Jonathan for a second term as president? i doubt it. Oku igbe

since your ogiri smelly mouth is perpetually connected to the an....all splinter of gej, saying anything contrary will be like miracle.

fvck off my mentions, you no brained nematode omo yibboh omo irankiran.
Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by Hangard: 4:37pm On Jul 21, 2014
I have already dusted my voters card
TEAM FRESH AIR ALL THE WAY.
JONATHAN TILL 2019.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by egift(m): 4:38pm On Jul 21, 2014

Jonathan's Greed For Power

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by Hangard: 4:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
anago9010: the ops need brain chemiron, this laverick speech wins over only dolts. the only thing we gonna do by 2015 is to vote the clueless and shoeless one back to the backwaters of otueke or the four walls of a dingy cell in kirikiri penitentiary.
Ranting of a mad man.
Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by anago9010(m): 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hangard:
Ranting of a mad man.

brokenhead lunatic, I just hope admin admit posters according to their strata of intelligence. i'm so sure the only section you will be posting is the deranged orphans sections. fvck off my mentions or I'm gonna present this community your laminated death certificate.
Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by oggy89: 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
Governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State has lambasted governorship aspirants who he has not endorsed for the 2015 gubernatorial polls in the state, describing them as enemies who betrayed him.

Read more at TODAY: http://www.today.ng/politics/akwaibom2015-akpabio-pronounces-death-on-all-his-opponents/
Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by oggy89: 4:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno state has pleaded with President Goodluck Jonathan for assistance to stop the rampaging Boko Haram insurgents.

Read more at TODAY: http://www.today.ng/politics/jonathan-shettima-meet-over-boko-harams-damboa-massacre-chibok-girls/
Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by Hangard: 4:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
anago9010:

brokenhead lunatic, I just hope admin admit posters according to their strata of intelligence. i'm so sure the only section you will be posting is the deranged orphans sections. fvck off my mentions or I'm gonna present this community your laminated death certificate.

Tunde is like you learnt this line today, am asking this question are you programmed on curse mode, can't you for once make a civil discussion in your miserable life without throwing tantrum at people, I saw how a girl corrected you here, instead of appreciating her correction all you could do was rain curses her.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by Hangard: 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
egift:

Jonathan's Greed For Power
Egoat and girlfriend.

Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by anago9010(m): 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hangard:

Tunde is like you learnt this line today, am asking this question are you programmed on curse mode, can't you for once make a civil discussion in your miserable life without throwing tantrum at people, I saw how a girl corrected you here, instead of appreciating her correction all you could do was rain curses her.

mannerless shanty holes dweller, johnpaul if I don't run this space with my polysyllabic written how will you know your copied favorite one liner " are you high on your pubic hair". the bimbo is another deranged mofo like you. and my CSR here is to instill discipline in mannerless kids like y'all.
Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by Hangard: 5:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
anago9010:

mannerless shanty holes dweller, johnpaul if I don't run this space with my polysyllabic written how will you know your copied favorite one liner " are you high on your pubic hair". the bimbo is another deranged mofo like you. and my CSR here is to instill discipline in mannerless kids like y'all.
Tunde Uthman Salami you need to grow up, having the body of midget doesn't make you a kid either you need to learn some manners, don't transfer your curse on other people. Just because you have tough time growing up doesn't give you the write to be abusing others, is time you seek help.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by Safari29: 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
Why would I vote for inaction and cluelessness again? ?
Re: 2015: Let's Vote Jonathan Again by anago9010(m): 5:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hangard:
Tunde Uthman Salami you need to grow up, having the body of midget doesn't make you a kid either you need to learn some manners, don't transfer your curse on other people. Just because you have tough time growing up doesn't give you the write to be abusing others, is time you seek help.

rubbish from the deranged brokenhead shamlock, midget body?? I bet you !!! even measure up to my shoulders. direct your stupidity elsewhere. cos smacking your numbskulls for eons and you have not still change. will I open your skull and pour sense inside??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abducted Nigerian Schoolgirls Spotted By Surveillance Planes / Boko Haram Militants Have Started Surrendering / All Amosun's Project Will Be Completed And Commission By PDP In 2015... OGD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.