Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,215 members, 7,811,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors (18169 Views)

University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell / Pls I Need Help From Matured Minds And Doctors / Marriage And The Sickle Cell Genotype Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by Glock9(m): 1:34pm On Jul 24, 2014
MadCow1:

Always with the 'God' angle.. grin

lol..

@OP.. Stay strong, live healthy, eat the right foods and always be alert to your body. Have you folks and Doctor on speed dail. Also, find a friend on campus that you can rely on and also keep that person on speed dail as your emergency contact person. Find a good hospital in the neighbourhood around your school and put them on a retainer.

Live Strong Bro.

Yes o. With the God angle. He is the one sustaining me. It ain't easy being a sickler but God has always seen me through every crisis. So, yes "The God Angle".

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by Glock9(m): 1:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
Suarezpatrick:
had crisis just once in the uni? glory be to god

Yes o. I had it in my second week of resumption. I guess my body was slow to adjust to the stress.
Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by Suarezpatrick: 1:45pm On Jul 24, 2014
Neye1973: I understand what you are going throught but be courageous. I am 41 yrs old,with a child.I have lived here in nigerian and the UK. I have HND,B.SC and M.SC. So u don't fear ur future is great.just take care of yourself. My motto is take its easy and make it simple. Don't stress yourself,you are not them,don't be like them.don't run like them,don't drink like them,don't behave like them. Eat the food you can eat wether little or much,drink a lot water,go to hospital the moment you sence you might have crisis,pray,believe,take your folic acid regularly.take hot bath,relax and enjoy yourself
thanks my mentor
Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by Suarezpatrick: 1:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
Glock9:

Yes o. I had it in my second week of resumption. I guess my body was slow to adjust to the stress.
the truth is I was thinking of dropping the ideal of schooling but you guys just ignite the fighting spirit in me...THANK YOU MY FRIENDS

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by MadCow1: 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
Glock9:

Yes o. With the God angle. He is the one sustaining me. It ain't easy being a sickler but God has always seen me through every crisis. So, yes "The God Angle".

My sympathies for your situation, however dont you think God is to blame for this?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by Glock9(m): 2:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
Suarezpatrick: the truth is I was thinking of dropping the ideal of schooling but you guys just ignite the fighting spirit in me...THANK YOU MY FRIENDS

Don't drop the idea of schooling o!!! At all. I work in a bank currently and I am coping well thanks to God. So go all the way in life, bro.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by Glock9(m): 2:14pm On Jul 24, 2014
MadCow1:

My sympathies for your situation, however dont you think God is to blame for this?

Is God to blame for wars, killings, suicides etc. People are out there who have it worse than sicklers.

I don't blame God at all. If Sickle cell Anaemia can kill me, He will not have allowed me to be born with it. God will never allow me to be in something I can't handle. Ever.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by Cleffwizzy(m): 2:17pm On Jul 24, 2014
Suarezpatrick: Dear fellow warriors,I greet you with a happy and confused state of mind.
I am at a stage of my life when I have to face my greatest fear.am about getting into the university where I have to live with different set of people aside my family.
At my age,I still find myself screaming when in pain even in front of my siblings.and then I wonder what if am in the hostel or lodge? AM DETERMINE TO FURTHER MY EDUCATION but then I need help on how to survive out there on my own.
please doctors here and fellow warriors how do I recover from pains minutes after going into crisis? how do I manage myself, so that it won't disrupt my exams and studies? whats the best and fastest pain killers? PLEASE HELP ME
Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by StArusi: 2:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
Strangely, nobody is talking about d corrective surgery used in curing sickle disease. Thought there's something like that.
Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by MadCow1: 2:21pm On Jul 24, 2014
Glock9:

Is God to blame for wars, killings, suicides etc. People are out there who have it worse than sicklers.

I don't blame God at all. If Sickle cell Anaemia can kill me, He will not have allowed me to be born with it. God will never allow me to be in something I can't handle. Ever.

Wars are Man-Made.. I blame Man purely for that.

Sickle Cell Anaemia is Biological, thats Gods Fault right there.

I will leave this arguement here cos I noticed your comments were based on faith and I am not one to fhuck with a Niggas faith. So I will end here by saying Goodluck to you in everything and May your Faith see you through this.

#BestOfLuck hommie.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by Glock9(m): 2:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
MadCow1:

Wars are Man-Made.. I blame Man purely for that.

Sickle Cell Anaemia is Biological, thats Gods Fault right there.

I will leave this arguement here cos I noticed your comments were based on faith and I am not one to fhuck with a Niggas faith. So I will end here by saying Goodluck to you in everything and May your Faith see you through this.

#BestOfLuck hommie.

Thanks bro. I have faith in God and besides cases abound of sicklers being permanently healed. I really don't know why it is so but it's good that God has got my back.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2014
just call me...@ op...08133018618..or add me on watsapp....lets chat...
Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 24, 2014
sisiafrika: ITK! Get out!
Lol, u r just bitter... am just trying to explain it... sickle cell crisis is not bone pain..simple.... scd crisis has a definition, DT would explain DT.....but if I post am now,u go say na itk. so find out urself
Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
lomaxx:

I know.
When a sickle cell patient says he/she has a crisis, we all know its pain crisis.

Then there's the issue of public enlightenment in layman's language. Its the easiest to understand so I better leave it like that. Make sure you carry enough Dextrose with you when you be mentioning Vaso-occlusive and sequestration on nairaland.

as a doctor, u can't just assume like DT.... let me paint a scenario.... your nurse calls u, wen u wia out n says a patient z having crisis.... will u start dishing out management without asking for d presenting symptoms to know wat type exactly..... look, am not trying to shw off, BT sickle cell crisis z nt bone pain...check d definition...... its wrong to mk d public Cee it as just bone pain, as DT will cause late presentation of oda forms... op u gt me new....
Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by kennyfao(m): 3:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
GodMode:

I'm a sickle-cell carrier and I've been living with constant (daily) pain for over 6 years.

6 years ago, When the pain began.. All I could say was "God why me?"... I was believing a miracle would happen but it never happened.

I contemplated suicide during those 6 years but my subconscious (the real God in me) told me to live with it.

Since then I'd rather believe in myself than believe in something I can't see. I'm still in pain.. living on pain killers continuously for over 6 years.

SO PLS STOP SAYING OR COMMENTING RUBBISH COS YOU DON'T HAVE AN IDEA WHAT A SICKLER GOES THROUGH.

don't tell me that there is a God because the only God I see is me.

I guess u need read John 10:34 and Psalm 82:6.... In order to realise that humans are Gods.

But I don't believe in religion.

Guy, it is very obvious that u need to be talked to. Yoruba people will say 'OMO ATIRO TOWO BATA ESE KAN ORO LOFE GBO'
I will antogonise u with ur words but with no malicious intention

Firstly, u said u've being having CONSTANT AND DAILY PAINS for the past six years ------Like seriously? I guess u shld be dead by now if that was actually true and i put it to u that what u have being going through is occassional and severe pain, Am in, so i know what am saying

Secondly, u said ur question has being GOD WHY ME? ------ God knows why He does His things the way He wants or chooses, Moreso, what shld have being my own question being the only son of my mom? so chill all will be fine

Thirdly, u said something like SUICIDE; Wow wow wow, have u ever heard the word 'HELLFIRE'? U will burn more than a roasted chicken in Hell. Guy, killing urself shld nva be an option pls. e no reach like that according to warri pple.

Furthermore, u mentioned something like ur SUBCONSCIOUS [ THE REAL GOD IN U]; Its good this is coming from u, without much ado, that settles the fact that 'THERE IS GOD'

Your fifth point is what i find most interesting "u said we shld stop saying rubbish because we dont know what a sickler goes through" Oh how i wish kenny's Genotype is 'AA' My Dear, permit me to use Erigga word 'Around here HEAD also BURN' i do, we really do know what a sickler experiences especially during crisis. This is my 28th year as a warrior and am a practical definition of pains but GOD has been enough.

Now, to the biblical part of ur point, u quoted Psalm 82:6 which says 'you are gods and all of u are children of the MOST HIGH' so the question is who is the MOST HIGH? Oga, GOD is the only MOST HIGH so quit that thought of urs now.

Hear the conclusion of the whole thing, Guy, JESUS is the only miracle u nid now. u cannot experience this SS of a thing here on earth and also miss out HEAVEN, that will be too bad. Resolve to know nothing other than Jesus Christ. CHEERS.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by Coldfeet(f): 3:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
IdomaLikita:

Very Correct!!!
A good friend who is open-minded enough for you to tell him/her your condition! We as human beings have the tendency to forget ourselves sometimes, hence ur friend would be your Brakes if your are over-doing it. He/She should also know what to do if a Crisis Arises(cuz u'll be too bleeped up to help yourself, and random people can kill you in the name of 1st Aid)!

You can get Tramadol over the Counter in Nigeria! So keep a good Stock!

Finally! Get a Small Piece of Paper and Type out a Help Guideline for yourself on it!
Eg: SS Px, if crisis arises, pls follow d steps below!
(1. Rehydrate 2. Give Opiod Analgesics, 3. Infection Control. Etc)
Make it small and Portable, Carry it always like a I.D card. Nobody knows the Competence of the Health Staff manning the A&E at ur 1st point of call in event of a Crisis!
All other things have been mentioned above!

Maintain a good mental Attitude and go get us that Degree!
Adios!
Nice piece! Thanks a lot.
Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by Oceemo(m): 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
you can visit Asaju medical clinic in Lagos so u can meet with professor akinyanju who is the chairman sickell cell foundation in Nigeria. So he can give you great advice his good.
Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by IdomaLikita: 4:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
Coldfeet: Nice piece! Thanks a lot.

You are Welcome.
Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by IdomaLikita: 4:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
[quote autho
Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by Slimcurtis1(m): 4:22pm On Jul 24, 2014
I have the same fate here,Am 17yrs but mine is doubled with cough (tuberculosis like but not exactly )I was really wondering how I will cope with these two repulsive sickness while in school.. I mean like Am in constant pains all the time.
Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by GodMode: 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
kennyfao:

Guy, it is very obvious that u need to be talked to. Yoruba people will say 'OMO ATIRO TOWO BATA ESE KAN ORO LOFE GBO'
I will antogonise u with ur words but with no malicious intention

Firstly, u said u've being having CONSTANT AND DAILY PAINS for the past six years ------Like seriously? I guess u shld be dead by now if that was actually true and i put it to u that what u have being going through is occassional and severe pain, Am in, so i know what am saying

Secondly, u said ur question has being GOD WHY ME? ------ God knows why He does His things the way He wants or chooses, Moreso, what shld have being my own question being the only son of my mom? so chill all will be fine

Thirdly, u said something like SUICIDE; Wow wow wow, have u ever heard the word 'HELLFIRE'? U will burn more than a roasted chicken in Hell. Guy, killing urself shld nva be an option pls. e no reach like that according to warri pple.

Furthermore, u mentioned something like ur SUBCONSCIOUS [ THE REAL GOD IN U]; Its good this is coming from u, without much ado, that settles the fact that 'THERE IS GOD'

Your fifth point is what i find most interesting "u said we shld stop saying rubbish because we dont know what a sickler goes through" Oh how i wish kenny's Genotype is 'AA' My Dear, permit me to use Erigga word 'Around here HEAD also BURN' i do, we really do know what a sickler experiences especially during crisis. This is my 28th year as a warrior and am a practical definition of pains but GOD has been enough.

Now, to the biblical part of ur point, u quoted Psalm 82:6 which says 'you are gods and all of u are children of the MOST HIGH' so the question is who is the MOST HIGH? Oga, GOD is the only MOST HIGH so quit that thought of urs now.

Hear the conclusion of the whole thing, Guy, JESUS is the only miracle u nid now. u cannot experience this SS of a thing here on earth and also miss out HEAVEN, that will be too bad. Resolve to know nothing other than Jesus Christ. CHEERS.

No one can change my opinion... Until I meet the creator... Its always gonna be

There is no God.
There is no heaven/hell.
The subconscious consists of good voice and evil voice. e.g The real God and The real Devil.

The only miracle I need is me...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by lomaxx: 5:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
sexyexcalibur:

as a doctor, u can't just assume like DT.... let me paint a scenario.... your nurse calls u, wen u wia out n says a patient z having crisis.... will u start dishing out management without asking for d presenting symptoms to know wat type exactly..... look, am not trying to shw off, BT sickle cell crisis z nt bone pain...check d definition...... its wrong to mk d public Cee it as just bone pain, as DT will cause late presentation of oda forms... op u gt me new....

I get you totally.
Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by jaziridon(m): 6:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
Suarezpatrick: wow! is discovite a painkiller?
No its a supplement.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by egopersonified(f): 6:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
To all d warriors in d house, may d lord who has kept u all even till now continue to be yr strength. And thank you to all who have stood by u all in times of crisis. Your lives would continue to be walking miracles. Amen.
Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by jadelyn007(f): 6:13pm On Jul 24, 2014
It is well with everyone of you fighting the battle against sickle cell. I pray that u live long, happy n successful lives. Just remember to always pray to God, eat n live healthy!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by zonax(m): 6:27pm On Jul 24, 2014
GodMode: don't smoke
No alcohol
No dancing
No partying
No running
Always stay in an environment with good air flow.
Always have panadol in your pocket.
Drink water regularly
No pepsi, coke .e.t.c
Don't stand for too long.
Don't stay in cold places.
Don't wear tight shoes.

The only cure for sickle cell is bone marrow/stem cell transplant... Don't let people tell u stories.

There is no God

So God can't change your genotype... Accept the disorder and live wisely.

Don't you think u just gave him the road map to a life of fear, boredom and frustration?
Common bro! Stop deceiving yourself and others by thinking there is no God. Get to know him and you life will never remain the same.
@OP, please ignore this guy's post as it will only do more harm than good.
Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by zonax(m): 6:51pm On Jul 24, 2014
Now I understand you bro. But why not give him another trial?
Why don't you call on him once again with all your heart. Trust me, you will find out that he's all u need.

GodMode:

I'm a sickle-cell carrier and I've been living with constant (daily) pain for over 6 years.

6 years ago, When the pain began.. All I could say was "God why me?"... I was believing a miracle would happen but it never happened.

I contemplated suicide during those 6 years but my subconscious (the real God in me) told me to live with it.

Since then I'd rather believe in myself than believe in something I can't see. I'm still in pain.. living on pain killers continuously for over 6 years.

SO PLS STOP SAYING OR COMMENTING RUBBISH COS YOU DON'T HAVE AN IDEA WHAT A SICKLER GOES THROUGH.

don't tell me that there is a God because the only God I see is me.

I guess u need read John 10:34 and Psalm 82:6.... In order to realise that humans are Gods.

But I don't believe in religion.
Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by bebek: 6:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
Sorry, u are naïve. Indeed there is God and genotype

Can change. God has done it to many and is still doing it

Air ur view but don't ever limit God! He is Almighty

GodMode: don't smoke
No alcohol
No dancing
No partying
No running
Always stay in an environment with good air flow.
Always have panadol in your pocket.
Drink water regularly
No pepsi, coke .e.t.c
Don't stand for too long.
Don't stay in cold places.
Don't wear tight shoes.

The only cure for sickle cell is bone marrow/stem cell transplant... Don't let people tell u stories.

There is no God

So God can't change your genotype... Accept the disorder and live wisely.
Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by olycholy(f): 8:20pm On Jul 24, 2014
My best friend in school is SS. She pulled through so dear u will. Just make good friends who willunderstand n who will always be there. I was ready to miss my exams for her cos her life n health is more important. Pray that God will link u up with godly people. U re blessed.
Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by Seyixyz: 8:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
If only God can hear my cry & heal my fiance of Sickle cell..I rili luv her so much & wish 2 marry her..But dis obstacle??
Re: A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors by delishpot: 9:26pm On Jul 24, 2014
Chie, una pkele o, I am AS but I had Asthma growing up and I know how hard it was to follow dos and donts and I know SS is no joke o Chie just try ehn. Wish you smooth stay in school. As for fear of screaming infront of your room mates, maybe you should let them know you are a carrier and know its symptoms. Believe me they will not see you as weak if the time comes( which I hope doesnt come)
Try o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Shocking Photos of The Most disgusting Human parasites / Coronavirus: Cameroon Records First Case Of Deadly Virus / CAN TOILET INFECTION CAUSE IRREGULAR PERIOD IN A LADY?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.