Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Thread closed.... - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread closed.... (1209 Views)

Topic closed. / CLOSED / THREAD CLOSED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread closed.... by awolumate(m): 1:24pm On Oct 12, 2008
Thread closed. Thanks 2 all contributors,
Re: Thread closed.... by brownbonno(m): 2:01pm On Oct 12, 2008
awolumate:

Dear Nairalanders,

In need of some info from anyone that reside in UK ,London to be precise. I am relocating to UK from an EU country. I will appreciate if you guys can put me through on what Is required of me to get a Job on time. My main concerns are listed below. You can advice me on what I might not have listed here.

1, What and what do I need to do first before applying a job.

2, Must have I have NI before i start a Job.

3, What kind of Unskilled Job paid well and average of what weekly?

4, What kind of unskilled Job can someone learn on the job or get training .

5, Is there any short training or course that could qualify me as skilled within a short period with a good Job prospect and pay.

6, What is an average clean Apartment cost for a Bachelor? or a room in a shared apartment.

Note, I am an European Citizen and my Aim is to start with any kind of Job and move up the ladder with time. I will appreciate all your kind suggestions.

Once again Thanks.

Possible answers-
1. As an EEA/EU citizen you do not need formality or registration before looking for a job.National Insurance number can be sorted after you have got a job.
2. NO
3. Minimum wage as from 1st October 2008 is £5.75
4. Again as a EEA/EU citizen exercising the treaty right right in the UK,you can apply for any vocational training (of your choice)after a minimum of six months stay and you will still be classified a "qualified person"and entitled to social security allowance.Provided the course is not above level 3.
5. Yes.Refer to no 4 above
6. Clean apartment ?You get what you can pay for.
Re: Thread closed.... by awolumate(m): 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2008
@brownbonno

Thanks. your points are helpful.
Re: Thread closed.... by awolumate(m): 9:42am On Oct 13, 2008
na wah oooo. Where are all the UK based guys n gals, shocked shocked
Re: Thread closed.... by landis(m): 9:59am On Oct 13, 2008
awolumate:

na wah oooo. Where are all the UK based guys n gals, shocked shocked

are you sure you EU citizen?

Otherwise, I will expect you know how to google and get info you need.

Plus you can always speak to your local govt in EU about emigration:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/
Re: Thread closed.... by awolumate(m): 10:28am On Oct 13, 2008
@landis.

Oh no I am not sure. And u never thought Forums are part of good ways in getting Information's? If I was not on the web then Nairaland must be by post. I wonder what concerns my Home Office about where I emigrate to.  Moreover that I am asking here doesn't make me a Novice. Sometime what you read are different from what happen practically.

Anyway thanks for your time. I have seen the link u sent weeks ago.
Re: Thread closed.... by landis(m): 11:15am On Oct 13, 2008
awolumate:

@landis.

Oh no I am not sure. And u never thought Forums are part of good ways in getting Information's? If I was not on the web then Nairaland must be by post. I wonder what concerns my Home Office about where I emigrate to. Moreover that I am asking here doesn't make me a Novice. Sometime what you read are different from what happen practically.

Anyway thanks for your time. I have seen the link u sent weeks ago.

More and More, I have reasons to doubt you.

If you truly EU citizen, your Local Govt needs to know where you going for many reasons.

They need to know about your pension, taxes, insurance, financial obligations etc

It is not like Nigeria, where Govt has no clue where the citizens are.
Re: Thread closed.... by kokorunna(m): 11:51am On Oct 13, 2008
Re: Thread closed.... by DisGuy: 1:02pm On Oct 13, 2008
1- Cash (and your documents) to run up and down searching for jobs, attend interviews and training. . .

3-  Security usually well above average, you'll need training though some lasting a week or more

4- Construction work, some engineering work and many others depending on your backgorund

5- I.T training courses, accounts-Sage and co depending on your background

6- depends on the area, distance from stations/bus link/trains etc and the size
Re: Thread closed.... by brownbonno(m): 1:41pm On Oct 13, 2008
landis:

More and More, I have reasons to doubt you.

If you truly EU citizen, your Local Govt needs to know where you going for many reasons.

They need to know about your pension, taxes, insurance, financial obligations etc

It is not like Nigeria, where Govt has no clue where the citizens are.

EU citizenship is not a big deal,no need to doubt the guy.
Whatever you decide to do with your life is no body's business.But some countries required you to remove your name from Population register.
You are not required to tell anybody where you care to go to.Pension,insurance financial obligation are all your personal affair and not any government affair.TaxesYou cannot work in NNPC and get your salary from NPA.
Dude,as an EU citizen get your luggage and off you gowith your life.
Re: Thread closed.... by landis(m): 1:49pm On Oct 13, 2008
brownbonno:

Pension,insurance financial obligation are all your personal affair and not any government affair.TaxesDude,as an EU citizen get your luggage and off you gowith your life.

You think so? So how is govt is going to pay your retirement pension when no record of where you are?

EU dont play with taxes, they follow their citizen even to Liechtenstein to get hold of the tax money. They need it to survive.

You do all what this fellow asking only if you on the 'RUN'
Re: Thread closed.... by awolumate(m): 4:31pm On Oct 13, 2008
@landis.

I didnt know we have another Javier Solana here on Nairaland. Do I have to lecture you that EU is a group of countries and not just one Country. Each country has his or her own way of operation. I wonder how been an EU Citizen is a big deal that becomes a drama with u. If You dont have answers to my questions,why dont u just waka pass.

@kokorunna

I am aware that the site exist and as you can see,the site is not addressing my question.

@brownbonno

Thanks 4 the rescue from this landis guy. I wonder wetin concern those departments with where i waka go like say na here dem born me,
Re: Thread closed.... by awolumate(m): 4:40pm On Oct 13, 2008
@dis guy.

Thanks for the info. Its appreciated.  All these men saying I should check the Home office site didn't thought its not their business to give such info and it never crossed their mind that i must have check such sites before asking from here.

Once again .Thanks jare.
Re: Thread closed.... by brownbonno(m): 4:45pm On Oct 13, 2008
landis:

You think so?  So how is govt is going to pay your retirement pension when no record of where you  are?

EU don't play with taxes, they follow their citizen even to Liechtenstein to get hold of the tax money. They need it to survive.

You do all what this fellow asking only if you on the 'RUN'

Landis,

Why do you chose to go into an area you  don't have an idea ?There is no need for further lecture here to derail the purpose of this thread.
The forum is very clear for you to post your question if you so desire.
Why do you think the poster is on the RUN ?And you are sure that is possible within the EU states ?
Pension and taxes ?IMO an educate minded should know better how the system works.
Re: Thread closed.... by landis(m): 4:52pm On Oct 13, 2008
awolumate:

@this guy.

Thanks for the info. Its appreciated. All these men saying I should check the Home office site didn't thought its not their business to give such info and it never crossed their mind that i must have check such sites before asking from here.

Once again .Thanks jare.

You are not the first EU citizen that wants to move around to another country.

EU has well documented steps and procedure you should follow. It is for you own good.

End of the day when you reach 65 to start getting pension, you will remember all what you are told today.

If you dont want opinion dont post in public forum.

That site answer you question 100%:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/rightsandresponsibilites/

Employment
You and your family members can:

accept offers of work;
work (whether as an employee or in self-employment);
set up a business;
manage a company; or
set up a local branch of a company.
You will not need to apply for a work permit. Your employer should not discriminate against you because of your nationality in terms of conditions of employment, pay or working conditions.

If you are a national of the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia or Slovenia you will need to register under the Worker Registration Scheme when you take work in the United Kingdom. You should read the Worker Registration Scheme section for details.

If you are a national of Bulgaria or Romania you must not work until we have given you permission. You should read the section for Bulgarian and Romanian nationals for details.
Re: Thread closed.... by awolumate(m): 5:09pm On Oct 13, 2008
grin@landis,

can u please waka pass. U are not contributing anything to my thread and I never said anything about working permit, I will be happy if u can just leave us alone here. You are the one that seems to be going out of line here. Its not compulsory that you must contribute. You seems not to have any idea on what i requested for. ,
Re: Thread closed.... by landis(m): 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2008
your first question was:

1, What and what do I need to do first before applying a job.

anwser is very clear as below from UK website:

Employment
You and your family members can:

accept offers of work;
work (whether as an employee or in self-employment);
set up a business;
manage a company; or
set up a local branch of a company.
You will not need to apply for a work permit. Your employer should not discriminate against you because of your nationality in terms of conditions of employment, pay or working conditions.

If you are a national of the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia or Slovenia you will need to register under the Worker Registration Scheme when you take work in the United Kingdom. You should read the Worker Registration Scheme section for details.

If you are a national of Bulgaria or Romania you must not work until we have given you permission. You should read the section for Bulgarian and Romanian nationals for details.
Re: Thread closed.... by awolumate(m): 7:13pm On Oct 13, 2008
@landis.

Obviously u are not living in the UK and the topic is clear enough. Those that I am addressing my questions to understand why I asked and I have got what I need. Anyway Thanks for the Drama so far.
Re: Thread closed.... by brownbonno(m): 9:24pm On Oct 13, 2008
awolumate:

@landis.

Obviously u are not living in the UK and the topic is clear enough. Those that I am addressing my questions to understand why I asked and I have got what I need. Anyway Thanks for the Drama so far.

Landis might be resident in the UK but have no clue about the free movement rights of EU citizens.

@Poster

Your EU citizenship grant you and your family members(include non EU citizens) equal rights with citizens of the host country.These rights can be exercised as a worker,job seeker,student or as self sufficient(some bank balance).Since your exempted from immigration control and recourse to public funds,you can as well seek social assistance(Income support,Housing and council tax benefits,CTC/CB).You can as well apply for local housing(council house).
What more do you want to know cool?
Re: Thread closed.... by awolumate(m): 10:41pm On Oct 13, 2008
@brownbonno

Thanks 4 the info. [b]Dis Guy [/b]actually supplied me with the needed info. Landis just dey attack me 4 nothing,
Re: Thread closed.... by landis(m): 9:06am On Oct 14, 2008
awolumate:

@brownbonno

Thanks for the info. this Guy [/b]actually supplied me with the needed info. [b]Landis just dey attack me 4 nothing,

very wrong. Landis attacks nobody on this forum.

I am just trying to help you cross your T and dot your I

as said, you will not be first EU citizen to move to UK, both governments have documented everything you need to know.

Good Luck.
Re: Thread closed.... by awolumate(m): 9:27am On Oct 14, 2008
still @Landis.

Your contributions are completely out of the way and stop attacking me about this EU thing. If u cant address those straight questions. You can pass by and stop acting like a fool bro. No one forced u to drop by. Please dont bother to come back to my thread, . Thanks.
Re: Thread closed.... by landis(m): 9:51am On Oct 14, 2008
awolumate:

still @Landis.

Your contributions are completely out of the way and stop attacking me about this EU thing. If u can't address those straight questions. You can pass by and stop acting like a fool bro. No one forced u to drop by. Please don't bother to come back to my thread, . Thanks.

now who is attacking who?

Last time I checked this is public forum.

And why do you feel attacked, if what I provided for you was the UK GOVERNMENT website, and for your own long time good.
Re: Thread closed.... by awolumate(m): 10:07am On Oct 14, 2008
still at u little bro. grin

And u think I am not capable to look for such informations on UK GOVT sites b4 coming here to ask guys directly. All you have done since u joined this thread is picking issues and that's not why I am here. My questions are very clear and straight enough. As i said earlier and saying again, Use your time on something else. U are not needed here neither do I appreciate your contribution so waka bro. Thanks.
Re: Thread closed.... by landis(m): 10:49am On Oct 14, 2008
awolumate:

still at u little bro. grin

And u think I am not capable to look for such informations on UK GOVT sites before coming here to ask guys directly. All you have done since u joined this thread is picking issues and that's not why I am here. My questions are very clear and straight enough. As i said earlier and saying again, Use your time on something else.U are not needed here neither do I appreciate your contribution so waka bro. Thanks.

You asked questions in public forum; you get answers

dont jump the gun. Let me be the judge of that.

And why do you feel attacked? if what I provided for you was the UK GOVERNMENT website, and for your own long time good.
Re: Thread closed.... by awolumate(m): 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2008
You still don't get it. Do u ? Anyway Once again Thanks .

(1) (Reply)

Apartments In Dubai / UK Sham Marriage...a Lesson For Nigerians / When Is S.a. Repatriation Fee Refundable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.