Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,721 members, 7,809,736 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov (14402 Views)

Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi / BREAKING NEWS: Enugu State Governor, Sullivan Chime Dies In India? / Enugu Assembly Passes Bill Banning Okada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by sluvy4tune(m): 1:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
The Enugu State House of Assembly has formally commenced impeachment proceedings against the Deputy Governor, Sunday Onyebuchi , as it directed the Clerk, Christopher Chukwurah to serve (Onyebuchi) with the notice.

In a sitting that lasted less than an hour, the Assembly presided over by Speaker, Eugene Odoh, accepted the Notice of Impeachment against the embattled Deputy Governor signed by 22 out of the 24 members of the House.

Aside the speaker, only the member representing Aninri State Constituency, and the younger brother of the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, Hon. Mathias refused to sign the impeachment notice.

He was however at the House sitting but did not oppose the notice when the six-page document sponsored by the House leader, Udeh Okoye was read and adopted.

Details to follow

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/breaking-news-enugu-assembly-begins-impeachment-process-against-dep-gov/184247/
Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by emiye(m): 1:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
The precedence for such impunity has been set.

Was this deputy governor not the man who held forth for chime when he absconded from duty for almost a year?

It is now payback time for the deputy governor with impeachment. ??

16 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by bcomputer101: 2:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
PDP/GEJ is just too desperate towards 2015...

Well, i just dey observe

9 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by omenpetrol: 2:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
Na to impeach they rain now for Nigeria. Open letter era don pass cheesy cheesy

17 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by babatawa(m): 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
impeachement errwhere...
make dem kukuma impeach naija from africa grin

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by horlartayor(m): 2:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
never knew gej was dis smart.........

fresh air till

hell freezes

6 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by MrRhymes101(m): 2:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
IS THIS D TREND IN NAIJA NOW I WONDER HOW WE WILL GROW WITH THIS
Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
ok

29 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by doyouknowjohnny: 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
I wonder why we fail to do the right thing, when it really matters in this country.

We have corrupt government officials who should not only be impeached/dismissed from office but also made to serve the appropriate jail time for their well documented and ever glaring acts of gross misconduct and abuse of office yet, they still walk shoulder tall and are even being celebrated..

I'm not saying this dude is a saint but, impeaching him just months to the coming elections with probably some weak allegation of corruption that should have been treated earlier on, simply shows how low our politicians are willing to go in achieving their end game, ( which we all know is to eliminate the competition and those not loyal to the " CAUSE")

I just hope the president has nothing to do with this

8 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by saasala(m): 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
Revolution.
Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by ibdeals1(m): 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
na wa o undecided
Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by category(m): 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
Its the season of impeachment so anybody can be impeached! Does it really border me?

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by Yusufkaka(m): 2:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
angry grin keep watching wooooooooooo
Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by philtex(m): 2:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
I SmeLl Freshhhhhhh AIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrRrrrRrrrrrRRr.

PDP. Power 2 ZaH FiFle. smiley

:-D

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by apolonius(m): 2:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
Well,when a nation is led by its worst its promises are shattered and its politics very dirty.

7 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by mcocolok(m): 2:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
2014.................................................,YEAR OF IMPEACHMENT

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by seanet01: 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
emiye: The precedence for such impunity has been set.
Was this deputy governor not the man who held forth for chime when he absconded from duty for almost a year?
It is now payback time for the deputy governor with impeachment. ??

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by greall1: 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by Sibrah: 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
Grand impeachment awaits the chief 'Impeacher' himself.

13 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by Samchelsea(m): 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
Let them not TRY that rubbish ooo......cos if they remove that man what happened in 1957 will repeat itself..........again blame APC.......GEJ TILL 4019

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by Obinoscopy(m): 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
2015, very intriguing smiley
Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by rutibaby(f): 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
just reading this because I'm a Nigerian. Keeping my fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
I would be happy as far as it is not limited to only APC governed state

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by donguutti: 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
I Honorable donguutti uses this medium to announce the commencement of Impeachment proceedings against Seun, and Other Mods

Offenses- Allowing hackers cart Away our data, likes and for Allowing Tribalism grow on NL .

Those in favor say EYE
Those against Also say EYE grin

I expect the eye's to Win unless of course you Nigerians do the Miraculous

30 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by bokoarerams: 2:32pm On Jul 22, 2014

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by Ayomax(m): 2:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
Turn my mic up louder I got to say something
Words on loose leaf sheet complete coming
Jump when they tell us that they wanna see jumping
Bleep that I wanna see some fists pumping
Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something that you know they might attack you for
Cause I'm sick of being treated like I had before
Like it's stupid standing for what I'm standing for
Do you see the soldiers they're out today
They brush the dust from bullet proof vests away
It's ironic at times like this you pray
But a bomb blew the church up yesterday
There's bombs in the buses, bikes, roads
Inside your market, your shops, your clothes
My dad he's got a lot of fear I know
But enough pride inside not to let that show
My brother had a book he would hold with pride
A little red cover with a broken spine
On the back he hand-wrote a quote inside,
"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

hands held high

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by Samchelsea(m): 2:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
bcomputer101: PDP/GEJ is just too desperate towards 2015...

Well, i just dey observe
Oga park well....mind you Enugu state is governed by the PDP

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by Lakayanah: 2:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
So this is what is in vogue in Nigeria? Let them continue.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by MrIfeoluwatobi: 2:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
So the new trend in nigeria politics is IMPEACHMENT

Nigeria is a joke

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Enugu Assembly Begins Impeachment Process Against Dep Gov by BlackPeni5: 2:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
bcomputer101: PDP/GEJ is just too desperate towards 2015...
Well, i just dey observe
Lol...so everything must be blamed on GEJ.

You get accident, GEJ...your wife cook potty, GEJ, your babe no gree give you straff, GEJ.

You born twins, GEJ, you catch malaria, GEJ. Winch press you for night, GEJ. Na wa for Naija sha.

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Inauguration Of APGA Governorship Campaign For Soludo In Awka (Photos) / Delta PDP Chieftain, 200 Others Defect To APC / Sanusi Lamido In His Chieftaincy Garb (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.